You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

@bairamaYou know what I would love to have had them show,

• Xia Qing’s when she learns from the rest of the class that JJ and YT got together. 

• The other 2 gamer friends when they learn that Cotton is QJJ and YT managed to successfully woo her. 

• The reaction of YT’s sour uni-mate who liked XQ but was rejected by her for YT. The one who was just being absolutely nasty and salty towards YT at the restaurant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@bairamaYou know what I would love to have had them show,

• Xia Qing’s when she learns from the rest of the class that JJ and YT got together. 

• The other 2 gamer friends when they learn that Cotton is QJJ and YT managed to successfully woo her. 

• The reaction of YT’s sour uni-mate who liked XQ but was rejected by her for YT. The one who was just being absolutely nasty and salty towards YT at the restaurant. 

hahaha...i can imagine all those slapping sounds!!

• Haha 3
Just now, gilaswan said:

XQ was already very sour when she used ZL’s phone to call YT and asked, “Who is Ms Qiao?” And he replied nonchalantly, “Jing Jing of course.” Loved it!

well who wont be....she need to use another number to call YT, the person you call is NOT picking up your call....i was like 'Way to go YUTU!!!'

hahaha i didnt like how she said to her friend that anyone also can but just not JJ....who is she to decide who YuTu can be with?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

i didnt like how she said to her friend that anyone also can but just not JJ....who is she to decide who YuTu can be with?

That’s why I commented earlier that she felt entitled. I am guessing she also pursued YT more aggressively when she overheard the girls saying that JJ has a crush on YT. I think for her YT is more like a prize to earn. Anyway, one of the reasons why I love this drama so much is that the annoying ex-es are kept to a minimum appearance. I admit I did worry whether she is going to come back and shake the relationship, so I was glad to see YT is so firm about not getting back and we don’t see the ex-es no more after their few appearances and just concentrate on the couple. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

So sad, @NiteWalker. I can never see image posts on my iPad. Don't know why...

Was just reading this blog's final review of the drama:

Spoiler

"...this is by far the most sexually suggestive drama – in Cdrama standard, of course. There's a lot of kisses in this, but it's the dialogue that is horny and it's so fun teasing out the connotation. Yang Yang, you did it again by delivering all these cheesy lines in your raspy voice. Kudos to you. No wonder Gu Man wanted you. "

You can read the rest here: https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2021/07/you-are-my-glory-recap-and-review.html

My hubby was just saying, based on listening only, "This guy (YT/YY) sounds like an absolute bore. Is this what girls like these days??" Hahahaha... 

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

My hubby was just saying, based on listening only, "This guy (YT/YY) sounds like an absolute bore. Is this what girls like these days??" Hahahaha... 

I hope you replied, "Why don't you try it and let's see."  :laugh:

• Haha 5

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

11 hours ago, gilaswan said:

This guy (YT/YY) sounds like an absolute bore. Is this what girls like these days??"

In this loud and noisy world, yes.... I love listening to him talk. One of my most favorite scenes was when he was reading out his letter to JJ. He may sounds like a bore but he speaks with gentle smiles. Who wouldn’t like such assurance? :wow: 
But of course, you can actually easily answer you hubs, in RL, a guy like that does not exist :cry:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

In this loud and noisy world, yes.... I love listening to him talk. One of my most favorite scenes was when he was reading out his letter to JJ. He may sounds like a bore but he speaks with gentle smiles. Who wouldn’t like such assurance? :wow: 
But of course, you can actually easily answer you hubs, in RL, a guy like that does not exist :cry:

Wasn’t it in one of the BTS where DLRB commented that listening to YY as YT talk was like listening to a grandfather speak? Hahahah… 

Actually, my husband has a very low voice too which I love. Hahaha. I told him if a guy talks too much and is too interesting, he cannot be trusted. Too showy, like YT’s uni mate from the finance faculty. Clearly has an inferiority complex. Eew. Some of my hubby’s former schoolmates are like that and they are so annoying, so I never go for his reunions when he has them. Yuk. 

But funnier was how when hubby found it so amusing that I was gleefully describing the scene where YT rejects XQ once and for all when she went to the café near his workplace to look for him. I told him you watch such dramas cos it feels very 爽 - satisfying - to see the underdog win. Hahaha… Since experiencing schadenfreude in RL is too mean, we have to live it out in drama land right?? :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@bairamaresuming re-watch with ep 5 and tracking when YT falls in love with QJJ!

I cannot see what YT originally saw in her before. She clearly asks to see him in a last ditch attempt to see if there is still a potential future together. She probably arrogantly thought his plans to leave aerospace to try the financial sector was because of her. What a slap in the face to learn he rejected an offer in BJ - he was not doing it for her. And then she gets sarcastic because she's clearly hurt. Nasty...

Interesting how in this episode YT gives LDR as a reason why his relationship with XQ didn't work out. But we see him and QJJ both thriving later despite the distance. Rather than the distance, it's really cos XQ never thought of his dreams and focussed only on hers.

It's from this episode that we see YT begin to view QJJ differently. She is a loyal friend, and he is very aware that she is doing her best to entertain him (when he returns to her place and they sit by the window drinking) to bring his spirits up. I actually love how puzzled YT looks when the wine and appetisers are brought to the table under his name but his cool exterior covers it all. He's quick on the uptake. And overall grateful.

We see that QJJ makes him happy but YT doesn't yet know that. We do however get a glimpse of YT smiling as he listens to and watches her. And there's that smile again when he tells ZL "Ms Qiao" is an old schoolmate he's recently connected with and gotten to know. He's certain she does not look down on his financial status (he confidently tells XQ so), but this boy still has personal issues at this point he has yet to resolve. 

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Interesting how in this episode YT gives LDR as a reason why his relationship with XQ didn't work out. But we see him and QJJ both thriving later despite the distance. Rather than the distance, it's really cos XQ never thought of his dreams and focussed only on hers.

And because they both respected each other’s careers, and always try to make the other party happy instead of pleasing themselves. This in turn added to the overall happiness of both. It’s “You’re happy, I’m happy” attitude. 

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I told him if a guy talks too much and is too interesting, he cannot be trusted. Too showy, like YT’s uni mate from the finance faculty. Clearly has an inferiority complex.

I agree. Some people who are too loud and showy are usually trying to compensate for something else. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That’s why I commented earlier that she felt entitled. I am guessing she also pursued YT more aggressively when she overheard the girls saying that JJ has a crush on YT. I think for her YT is more like a prize to earn. Anyway, one of the reasons why I love this drama so much is that the annoying ex-es are kept to a minimum appearance. I admit I did worry whether she is going to come back and shake the relationship, so I was glad to see YT is so firm about not getting back and we don’t see the ex-es no more after their few appearances and just concentrate on the couple. 

yes and you're absolutely right!!! i felt like XQ felt she is by far better than QJJ however now QJJ is more famous and more well like than her....and then she went and belittle QJJ efforts to become a star like almost she is only a pretty face that's all...

that was the exploding point for YuTu, he take all the insults XQ threw at him...however when she said something bad about JJ, THAT's IT! she hit her limit with her

• Clapping Hands 3
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i thought he borrow it home from work?

are they allow to do that? @gilaswan

I highly doubt the military or space research team would allow you to take their equipment home. Not as far as I know. It’s probably a personal equipment. But it doesn’t seem like a cheap piece of equipment either. Seems very likely she would buy it for him. Hahaha… Tonight the last 2 episodes will be released on Viu. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Being silly here, but QJJ's phone didn't change in 7 years??? :laugh:

we need something to be silly....their rapport is really too much now i cant watch another CP that doesnt have this good rapport!!!

12 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

QJJ and YT's couple PJs didn't change for 5!  :MewGiggle:

the little thing we all observe lols

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

QJJ and YT's couple PJs didn't change for 5!  :MewGiggle:

Good quality products. I think my PJs have not changed in the last 5 years either. But the phone - wow! Hahaha...

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

...their rapport is really too much now i cant watch another CP that doesnt have this good rapport!!!

Yah right??? I also can't watch another couple that doesn't seem to have that level of chemistry as well. 

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Yah right??? I also can't watch another couple that doesn't seem to have that level of chemistry as well.

exactly....and also their conversation vary too and how they keep their convo alive with other things and caring for things besides themselves....

QJJ also accepted the part with a little pout that she seems to take the 2nd place from ZaiGuang hahaha

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Good quality products. I think my PJs have not changed in the last 5 years either. But the phone - wow! Hahaha...

I still wear clothes from college -- and we will not discuss how long ago that was - but I'm also not a superstar.  I think we can only extrapolate that this is the influence of YT on QJJ.  :laugh:

And since you sound so shocked by her not changing her phone for 5-7 years.... you'd probably be horrified to know that I finally upgraded my phone this year... after 9! LOL.

Edited by themarchioness
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

7 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

And since you sound so shocked by her not changing her phone for 5-7 years.... you'd probably be horrified to know that I finally upgraded my phone this year... after 9! LOL.

u remind me of my friends hahahhaha....she wont upgrade her phone unless its running out of memory or its lagging so badly that she has no choice but to do it lols

• Haha 2