You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

On 8/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, gilaswan said:

@bairamaYou know what I would love to have had them show,

• Xia Qing’s when she learns from the rest of the class that JJ and YT got together. 

• The other 2 gamer friends when they learn that Cotton is QJJ and YT managed to successfully woo her. 

• The reaction of YT’s sour uni-mate who liked XQ but was rejected by her for YT. The one who was just being absolutely nasty and salty towards YT at the restaurant. 

OH MY GOD YES

I'm kinda curious about XQ with her friend because they are so salty towards QJJ :psweatduck:

& the other 2 gamer friends just gone like wind!!!! Hahahahahaha

On 8/22/2021 at 4:24 AM, themarchioness said:

I hope you replied, "Why don't you try it and let's see."  :laugh:

yes please this is my hope too LOL @gilaswan & husband banter

On 8/22/2021 at 10:59 AM, gilaswan said:

@bairamaresuming re-watch with ep 5 and tracking when YT falls in love with QJJ!

I cannot see what YT originally saw in her before. She clearly asks to see him in a last ditch attempt to see if there is still a potential future together. She probably arrogantly thought his plans to leave aerospace to try the financial sector was because of her. What a slap in the face to learn he rejected an offer in BJ - he was not doing it for her. And then she gets sarcastic because she's clearly hurt. Nasty...

Interesting how in this episode YT gives LDR as a reason why his relationship with XQ didn't work out. But we see him and QJJ both thriving later despite the distance. Rather than the distance, it's really cos XQ never thought of his dreams and focused only on hers.

It's from this episode that we see YT begin to view QJJ differently. She is a loyal friend, and he is very aware that she is doing her best to entertain him (when he returns to her place and they sit by the window drinking) to bring his spirits up. I actually love how puzzled YT looks when the wine and appetisers are brought to the table under his name but his cool exterior covers it all. He's quick on the uptake. And overall grateful.

We see that QJJ makes him happy but YT doesn't yet know that. We do however get a glimpse of YT smiling as he listens to and watches her. And there's that smile again when he tells ZL "Ms Qiao" is an old schoolmate he's recently connected with and gotten to know. He's certain she does not look down on his financial status (he confidently tells XQ so), but this boy still has personal issues at this point he has yet to resolve. 

aaaa what point are you now?? Still resuming the rewatch?

All I see about XQ in this drama is arrogant :(( even when she was leaving him before get in to the car, ahahaha you said it all she likes to insult him because she's hurt..

@NiteWalker gawd you make a point. YT swallowed it all but not with XQ said bad things about QJJ!

On 8/22/2021 at 4:57 PM, gilaswan said:

Does anyone reckon the telescope in his house is a gift from JJ? 

that BIG telescope would be expensive.. Though I can imagine YT bought it bcs he is a fan, like there are so many aerospace merch in his home.. But within his outcome to the house, it will probably JJ gift AWWWWW huhu

14 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Being silly here, but QJJ's phone didn't change in 7 years??? 

HAHAHAHA they forgot about this detail!

Last night is kinda emotional, the actors posted farewell words to the drama :') 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Just now, gilaswan said:

My hubby is a writer and lives in a library of books. So like YT, you cannot touch his books. He has a way of arranging them. Don't touch. He will get upset. Hahaha... 

oh i know how it feels....i use to own books and books and books....so my mom dont touch them or do anything to them either....cause i will go mad if i cannot locate the book i want to look for

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@bairamaI’m still on my re-watch and seeing how Gu Man really developed YT’s character through the show, cos his is the one character that really changes significantly over time. QJJ changes and matures too but not as much as YT did/does. 

I think we all agree that YT realises he likes JJ when he texts her (after an online game), “Why are you so mischievous?” and then deletes it - but not before she sees the message. He clearly pulled back emotionally then and deleted message. I think he surprised himself. But then he articulates it verbally (with some level of affection) when they went to Ling Jie’s house for Ah Guo Ge’s birthday. Again she’s being cheeky and he tells her this time, “Don’t be so mischievous.” At that point, I think he was ready to want to reciprocate. That’s the same day she left him to house sit and he smiles to himself in her home when he mused about how she was so comfortable with him as to leave him in her home all alone. If nothing else, he certainly believed they had a friendship which he was probably expecting to keep post the game tournament. And a few days after that when she realises she’s put on weight too quickly and says she will go ahead with dinner plans out if she managed to level up in a game, else she would cancel - I think he helped her level up cos he wanted to go out! But that was the night they quarrelled for the first time, and it was probably also the first time for him apologising to a girl. He was clearly affected that he sent an “I’m sorry” text but she ignored it, and also his text telling her he had to go away on an urgent business trip. 

Turning point for him was probably also in Xi’an when Guanzai says his wife wants to intro him to someone but he declines because he already likes JJ. But I’m still wondering where all his confidence to pursue her disappeared. Afterall, he went back to look for her the first thing they arrived in Shanghai from Xi’an. 

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
8 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I think we all agree that YT realises he likes JJ when he texts her (after an online game), “Why are you so mischievous?” and then deletes it - but not before she sees the message. He clearly pulled back emotionally then and deleted message. I think he surprised himself. But then he articulates it verbally (with some level of affection) when they went to Ling Jie’s house for Ah Guo Ge’s birthday. Again she’s being cheeky and he tells her this time, “Don’t be so mischievous.” At that point, I think he was ready to want to reciprocate. That’s the same day she left him to house sit and he smiles to himself in her home when he mused about how she was so comfortable with him as to leave him in her home all alone. If nothing else, he certainly believed they had a friendship which he was probably expecting to keep post the game tournament. And a few days after that when she realises she’s put on weight too quickly and says she will go ahead with dinner plans out if she managed to level up in a game, else she would cancel - I think he helped her level up cos he wanted to go out! But that was the night they quarrelled for the first time, and it was probably also the first time for him apologising to a girl. He was clearly affected that he sent an “I’m sorry” text but she ignored it, and also his text telling her he had to go away on an urgent business trip. 

crazy I can clearly remember his smiles & expression as your description here! LOL

can you explain what are you thinking about him asking her to watch movie after feeling down? It was really a move there.

Turning point for him was probably also in Xi’an when Guanzai says his wife wants to intro him to someone but he declines because he already likes JJ. But I’m still wondering where all his confidence to pursue her disappeared. Afterall, he went back to look for her the first thing they arrived in Shanghai from Xi’an. 

yeah.. He falls to her already. But basically, the scenes are telling us heavily that clearly they world are different and can't work (in his perspective) that lead to his rejection sentence. When he was looking up her billboard, and walks away in the dark with a decision (that he would just focus on aerospace). He just wanted to keep promise for ending the game lesson.. As a special.. Friend..

He clearly hold back his feelings. Hahaha his face when watching her at tournament says it all. He likes her so much.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

Hellooooo, aaaaaa finally finish a fmv I dream about with them & kind of a serious side of the drama. I want to share this so bad with you all here at least. Need you know this orchestra version of the song exist (love love) & with their story come grace the screen (that I love them sm too) I- feeling kinda emotional! Huhuhuhuahaha

allow me tagging you all to remini their journey: @NiteWalker @gilaswan @movingwheel @themarchioness @Mouse @Yana @ktcjdrama @Chocolate @Tofu @40somethingahjumma @MayanEcho

https://youtu.be/MOFcI3e__Qc

E9jkuclVUAMfm1d?format=jpg&name=large

The song:

Kygo, Justin Jesso - Stargazing ft. Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra

Yu Tu:

You're saying, "It's hopeless that I should hope less"
Heaven can help us, well, maybe she might
You say "It's beyond us"
What is beyond us? Let's see and decide 

We've been meteoric even before this
Burns half as long when it's twice as bright
So if it's beyond us, then it's beyond us
Let's see and decide

And I will still be here stargazing
I'll still lookup, lookup, lookup for love
I will still be here stargazing

lookup, lookup for love

Jing Jing:

I'm trying to save us; you don't want to save us
You blame human nature, and say, "It's unkind"
Let's make up our own minds; we've got our whole lives
Let's see and decide, decide

Stars don't disappear; they keep blazing
Even when the night is over

That's how I find the light

Stargazing

Stars don't disappear; they keep blazing
Even when the night is over

:PiplupCry:

what a song.. This orchestra version is my favorite.

• Heart Eyes 7

G O O D  V I B E S  

On 8/23/2021 at 9:13 PM, gilaswan said:

Being silly here, but QJJ's phone didn't change in 7 years??? :laugh:

My phone is almost 6 years now. I too dislike to change phone unless it cannot be used anymore. 

The vlog at Shanghai Disneyland feels bittersweet for me personally... So happy to see them there, but I feel a bit sad because we had planned to go there (Shanghai and Disneyland) this summer of 2021. Been hoping since last year for the condition to quickly improve, but looks like it’s a plan that has to be postponed indefinitely. However, being able to watch this drama cured the disappointment a bit. Maybe that subconsciously is one of the reasons why I love the drama so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@themarchioness oh my.. Thank you so much that's means a lot to me 🥺🥺🥺

as I do want to defend: that YAMG is telling more than the game 😭😭😭👍

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

My phone is almost 6 years now. I too dislike to change phone unless it cannot be used anymore. 

The vlog at Shanghai Disneyland feels bittersweet for me personally... So happy to see them there, but I feel a bit sad because we had planned to go there (Shanghai and Disneyland) this summer of 2021. Been hoping since last year for the condition to quickly improve, but looks like it’s a plan that has to be postponed indefinitely. However, being able to watch this drama cured the disappointment a bit. Maybe that subconsciously is one of the reasons why I love the drama so much. 

role model. I like how you content in using same phone for years. E-waste is just really concerning these days..

And hugs to the unrealized plan, love how the drama heals you a bit. CAUSE THEY ARE SO FREAKIN CUTE IKR & the scenery is just perfect. May soon we go to there with so much love hahaha

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

54 minutes ago, bairama said:

as I do want to defend: that YAMG is telling more than the game 😭😭😭👍

I know what you mean. Every time someone calls YAMG an esports drama, I'm like, "Ehhhhh, not really."  That was just a starting point for our YT/QJJ, a way for them to reconnect in their present lives, but really their story is so much more than that.  

Not that there's anything wrong with esports dramas - in fact, love them!  (Shout out to my favorite: Gank Your Heart!  Those of you who know me will chuckle, laugh, and understand, I'm sure.)  But if we're going to label things, we must do it properly!

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

2 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Every time someone calls YAMG an esports drama, I'm like, "Ehhhhh, not really."  That was just a starting point for our YT/QJJ, a way for them to reconnect in their present lives, but really their story is so much more than that.  

Not that there's anything wrong with esports dramas - in fact, love them!  (Shout out to my favorite: Gank Your Heart!  Those of you who know me will chuckle, laugh, and understand, I'm sure.)  But if we're going to label things, we must do it properly!

:1000: :1000: :PiplupCry:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@NiteWalker @themarchionessTo you who are like QJJ with the same phone for more than 5 years - they don't make them like they used to! :lol:But to be fair, we're still using our iPhone 5 and 6 and I do wish Apple would bring back the iPhone 5 in terms of size. The newer phones are getting bigger and I so dislike them. I'm on my current phone for 4 years now. Getting there... Hahaha... As for QJJ, I shall simply say YT's practical and humble side has definitely rubbed off on her. Hahaha... I think he has kept her rooted.

@bairamaWas watching bits of Ep 16 (I think) last night. I think YT lost his confidence to pursue QJJ when he was at the hospital with Director Hu who visited Guanzai with his wife. He was observing Guanzai and Shen Jing, and then listening to Director Hu and his wife talking about how the life of an aerospace engineer's wife (and family) is difficult because they are often called away on long drawn missions and have little time to take care of the family. He looked very thoughtful as he walked behind the older couple and because he had already resolved to stay at the research institute, he felt he was looking at his potential future with JJ in these 2 couples and probably thought (wrongly) that he was better off alone. That's probably what prompted him to ask Dir Hu for one more week to tie up things with her so that he can get some closure for himself. I wonder if he was hoping that he could still maintain a friendship with her (if she had not asked him to be in a relationship with her) or if at that point he was ready to let it all go. Her making it clear to him that she liked him probably cut him deeper than if she had never articulated it at all. Ooh... he deserved the angst she put him through after that. 

Why did he tell her though, that he would not be able to give her the birthday gift even though he had already gotten it twice over for her through her account? And if it was truly because he thought it didn't count since he didn't play the game with her, why did he look so surprised that she said she hadn't received any special gift when he was watching her at her birthday celebration with fans? 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@NiteWalker @themarchionessTo you who are like QJJ with the same phone for more than 5 years - they don't make them like they used to! :lol:But to be fair, we're still using our iPhone 5 and 6 and I do wish Apple would bring back the iPhone 5 in terms of size. The newer phones are getting bigger and I so dislike them. I'm on my current phone for 4 years now. Getting there... Hahaha... As for QJJ, I shall simply say YT's practical and humble side has definitely rubbed off on her. Hahaha... I think he has kept her rooted.

i have one iPhone 7 and its small lols

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

The newer phones are getting bigger and I so dislike them.

I like big screen. It’s the weight that I mind. Don’t know why iphones are getting heavier. The camera?

13 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I think YT lost his confidence to pursue QJJ when he was at the hospital with Director Hu who visited Guanzai with his wife. He was observing Guanzai and Shen Jing, and then listening to Director Hu and his wife talking about how the life of an aerospace engineer's wife (and family) is difficult because they are often called away on long drawn missions and have little time to take care of the family. He looked very thoughtful as he walked behind the older couple and because he had already resolved to stay at the research institute, he felt he was looking at his potential future with JJ in these 2 couples and probably thought (wrongly) that he was better off alone. That's probably what prompted him to ask Dir Hu for one more week to tie up things with her so that he can get some closure for himself.

I agree this is the point where he changed his mind about pursuing JJ. I actually think he wanted to keep getting to know her more but changed his mind because of this worry. 
But the one week extension I think is simply because he wants to fulfil his promise in fully helping her prepare for the match. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

16 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

He looked very thoughtful as he walked behind the older couple and because he had already resolved to stay at the research institute, he felt he was looking at his potential future with JJ in these 2 couples and probably thought (wrongly) that he was better off alone. That's probably what prompted him to ask Dir Hu for one more week to tie up things with her so that he can get some closure for himself. I wonder if he was hoping that he could still maintain a friendship with her (if she had not asked him to be in a relationship with her) or if at that point he was ready to let it all go. Her making it clear to him that she liked him probably cut him deeper than if she had never articulated it at all. Ooh... he deserved the angst she put him through after that. 

YES! That one heavily implied him to the conclusion of their world is so different, so that he can't offers many good times for her. But oh Yu Tu, she is also busy and very initiative to take herself own way to manage.

100 to the bolded one! Hahaha

19 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Why did he tell her though, that he would not be able to give her the birthday gift even though he had already gotten it twice over for her through her account? And if it was truly because he thought it didn't count since he didn't play the game with her, why did he look so surprised that she said she hadn't received any special gift when he was watching her at her birthday celebration with fans? 

he is so being complicated & can't get off his hopes yet poor Yu Tu aigoooooo

that's why I'm in love with his time to back search what's left, back to home, talk with his mother.. And his mother is 100 supportive to his dream I love it, I think he gains that "OK, I'M REALLY SURE NOW I CAN'T LOSE HER I'm being dumb" huahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I know what you mean. Every time someone calls YAMG an esports drama, I'm like, "Ehhhhh, not really."  That was just a starting point for our YT/QJJ, a way for them to reconnect in their present lives, but really their story is so much more than that.  

same here...every times ppls cream that this is an esport i tell pls...look properly its not!!!

unless you're talking about 'Falling into Your Smile'

• Haha 2

@themarchioness @NiteWalkerYAMG sooooo isn't an e-sports drama lah... So much more depth than that. In fact, it's as "e-sports" a drama as it would be an "aerospace" or "deep space exploration" drama. 

@bairamaYeah, you're right. YT just complicated things for himself by overthinking. But there are personalities like that out there. I'm more like YT actually. I overthink myself into my own logical conclusions, and then realise it's a lot simpler than I thought it was. Worries are made up of overthinking. Not to say that personalities like JJ don't worry too, but she is clearly an optimist by nature and chooses not to dwell unnecessarily on the things that will bring her down. When she learnt from PP that YT was dating XQ, she went home and decisively deleted all the photos and chat logs she had with him. And then simply, moved on. It's interesting though that she continued to hold that candle for him in her heart some 2-3 years after leaving high school. He certainly left an impression on her. But she's so forward looking too. She thought about how it might have been if they had gotten together in high school for all of 5 seconds before brushing it off and saying, "forget it, forget it..." Hahaha... YT and JJ are indeed quite the opposite, but that's probably why they fit together so well.

And then this past relationship with XQ. So it was that XQ was the one who initiated the relationship with YT. It would seem like he was never really invested in that relationship. I wonder if there was any relationship to begin with! 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Clapping Hands 3
3 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@themarchioness @NiteWalkerYAMG sooooo isn't an e-sports drama lah... So much more depth than that. In fact, it's as "e-sports" a drama as it would be an "aerospace" or "deep space exploration" drama. 

I want to be careful, because I don’t want it to sound like it’s not an esports drama because it’s a deep drama and esports dramas are not. That’s not the case at all. Esports dramas can have a lot of depth too. (GYH, whee!)  But YAMG is not an esports drama simply because it’s not. Like I mentioned, it was just one aspect that they did in their lives and the thing that brought them together initially, but it’s not as if the story then remain rooted in/centered around the game of esports. If it had, it would’ve been an esports drama, but it didn’t. YT didn’t even keep playing the game, really, once he went back to work, except to play occasionally.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

44 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@bairamaYeah, you're right. YT just complicated things for himself by overthinking. But there are personalities like that out there. I'm more like YT actually. I overthink myself into my own logical conclusions, and then realise it's a lot simpler than I thought it was. Worries are made up of overthinking. Not to say that personalities like JJ don't worry too, but she is clearly an optimist by nature and chooses not to dwell unnecessarily on the things that will bring her down. When she learnt from PP that YT was dating XQ, she went home and decisively deleted all the photos and chat logs she had with him. And then simply, moved on. It's interesting though that she continued to hold that candle for him in her heart some 2-3 years after leaving high school. He certainly left an impression on her. But she's so forward looking too. She thought about how it might have been if they had gotten together in high school for all of 5 seconds before brushing it off and saying, "forget it, forget it..." Hahaha... YT and JJ are indeed quite the opposite, but that's probably why they fit together so well.

true, I even can talk easily here how YT being complicated when myself is worse than that, actually :pandahehe: :pandaheadstomp: 

QJJ best girl :heart: he left really heavy impression on her & hwala at the right time, it just like 'ooo why not' (in QJJ's mind)

I love her attitude sm.

45 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

And then this past relationship with XQ. So it was that XQ was the one who initiated the relationship with YT. It would seem like he was never really invested in that relationship. I wonder if there was any relationship to begin with! 

I think he was attracted of her bcs she is that smart gurl in high school, and he expects that she would have same way of thinking with him about his dream in aerospace (that she would understand the thing is important & he thought it needs a 'reliable' brain for it?? Ok this sounds harsh but I guess he was like that, calculating with his narrow eyes before. Remember the words he got for rejecting QJJ in high school? His prejudice is more like she would just love him because his good looking & smart not his dream) & lah.. Turns out not XQ

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

2 hours ago, bairama said:

I think he was attracted of her bcs she is that smart gurl in high school, and he expects that she would have same way of thinking with him about his dream in aerospace (that she would understand the thing is important & he thought it needs a 'reliable' brain for it?? Ok this sounds harsh but I guess he was like that, calculating with his narrow eyes before. Remember the words he got for rejecting QJJ in high school? His prejudice is more like she would just love him because his good looking & smart not his dream) & lah.. Turns out not XQ

I'm not even sure there was any real attraction. I mean, I guess you have to have some level of attraction to agree to be in a relationship, but what he said was he agreed then because he thought she was the independent sort who would not be (presumably) high maintenance. The irony of it all. In his youthful foolishness, he probably thought QJJ was a high maintenance girl. It's only in his close interactions with her because of the game training that he realised she is the one who's very independent. And focused. She had ambitions of her own, not any less important than his. I think he realised his own prejudice when after the tensed meeting with his teacher at the restaurant, he said to her that she was someone who has benefited from the sacrifices of generations before, and then regretted what he said. Though I'm thinking... why did he say that to her? Was it from a place of frustration? Realisation of his own "lack"?

• Like 2