You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

23 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I'm not even sure there was any real attraction. I mean, I guess you have to have some level of attraction to agree to be in a relationship, but what he said was he agreed then because he thought she was the independent sort who would not be (presumably) high maintenance.

me too, not even sure there was any 'real' attraction. This could highly possible for YT type to think about ok let's try it because it makes sense & I'm not losing anything. So cold of reason.

Do you feel he is kind of INTJ if he is grouped in MBTI? I'm not really having 100% trust with MBTI but it just sometimes interesting.

Spoiler

My brother was INTJ more type & tbh I was totally surprised how similar Yu Tu's affection, how he thinks of relationship & love style. But of course, his gene is nowhere near to Yu Tu though still there are a lot of girls attracted to him LOL

and somewhat he has this cold relationship with one ex and crazy how it is similar with XQ! His ex was annoying, being pushy without empathy when there was a time my family finance about to go down and he was in working of it (bcs he was the one who responsible, no choice). I think he was not in love atm even in a relationship tsk tsk when she was boiling his head off. He just doing his way like single but never really said let's break up immediately because he just didn't care at all and not on his priority at the time? It is more like only status. So when she said about break up, he just accepted it & brushed it off like nothing when it didn't make sense anymore. Icy. Tsk

later when condition was back to normal, when his ex wanted to meet, he did meet but again, it just so icy. Idk why he even did that. It was like his attempts to said stop indirect?

But on the note, when my brother really falls in love, he was giving 110 & did chase. That's why I came to the conclusion he just thinks it makes sense to try the relationship first even not really attracted in that scale of love at first because it just logically benefit. When it turns out not, he didn't care.

Idk if Yu Tu would be like that, maybe he is better

23 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I think he realised his own prejudice when after the tensed meeting with his teacher at the restaurant, he said to her that she was someone who has benefited from the sacrifices of generations before, and then regretted what he said. Though I'm thinking... why did he say that to her? Was it from a place of frustration? Realisation of his own "lack"?

this is hurting me so much oh my his words. It was like he frustrated how it feels easy of JJ's career type when compared the career of scientist in money & effort section. Tbh it was like very unwise of him spilled that. He felt angry, inferior of his lacking but also pride? Idk but it is damage full, in bad way? Well he is humane though. I'm glad he was regretting it.

And he did pay it all later 🥰 he loves her so much.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@bairamaThere are people who can be icy that way. I agree that it was very likely that he basically had no investment or attachment to the relationship. I wonder if he even actually went on dates with her, or if they were just a couple by name. In the book it's suggested that they were together for a year, but again, who knows if it was just a year in name. It can happen. And that's why breaking up was easy - there was nothing to let go of actually. 

YT does seem the highly logical type, probably very common of someone with that level of academic giftedness and in that line of work as well. That's why he's good at analysing problems and has a systems-thinking framework that guides all his decisions. Look at how he managed to logic himself out of pursuing a relationship with JJ, and he actually had to logic himself back into it! I think if he never managed to see the logic of a relationship with JJ, he would have simply stayed single all his life with a regret that he probably would not have been able to resolve. Good thing about his logic in his relationship with JJ was that he realised that

(1) material wealth should never be part of the emotional equation - being able to afford a family isn't the same as wanting to upkeep a lifestyle that was actually outside of this emotional relationship (which he, as a finance major too, would have been well able to figure out anyway. I actually think JJ's finances are probably all managed by him and the couple will be well able to handle their future together even if JJ begins to scale back her filming commitments)

(2) the solution to his (miserable) equation (of singlehood) was her. :laugh:The boy, in realising his own stupidity, was humble enough to see that his calculation error was that she needed to be in the equation in order for it to balance.

Look at us. Like YT, 他们的一辈子我们也想过了 we have thought out their entire lifetime together already. :lol:

@NiteWalkerYeah, I haven't moved on yet. Hahaha... After all, Viu just completed airing the final 2 episodes this week. Excuses, excuses...

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

YT does seem the highly logical type, probably very common of someone with that level of academic giftedness and in that line of work as well. That's why he's good at analysing problems and has a systems-thinking framework that guides all his decisions. Look at how he managed to logic himself out of pursuing a relationship with JJ, and he actually had to logic himself back into it! I think if he never managed to see the logic of a relationship with JJ, he would have simply stayed single all his life with a regret that he probably would not have been able to resolve. Good thing about his logic in his relationship with JJ was that he realised that

(1) material wealth should never be part of the emotional equation - being able to afford a family isn't the same as wanting to upkeep a lifestyle that was actually outside of this emotional relationship (which he, as a finance major too, would have been well able to figure out anyway. I actually think JJ's finances are probably all managed by him and the couple will be well able to handle their future together even if JJ begins to scale back her filming commitments)

(2) the solution to his (miserable) equation (of singlehood) was her. :laugh:The boy, in realising his own stupidity, was humble enough to see that his calculation error was that she needed to be in the equation in order for it to balance.

veryyy true hahahahahaha 👏👏

gosh that's why the sorry scene is a fave for me. The conversation. He did speak up about that in the nutshell & it is very a turning point how they become that healthy, transparent communication couple

(attached someone tweet here)

and things he did after that in laaaaterrrr episode, to build a 'nest' he said hahahahahaha love it

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@NiteWalkerYeah, I haven't moved on yet. Hahaha... After all, Viu just completed airing the final 2 episodes this week. Excuses, excuses...

well i know i cant watch any drama just yet...im still seeing YuTu with JJ everywhere i look lols....hahaha

@Tofu also havent finish watching....**ahem** looking at her......

• Haha 4

Do you reckon YT was really angry with JJ when he found out that she lied to him about not having the 2 month leave? Hahaha...

I like that the show did show that they did have disagreements and JJ can really be stubborn and does not give in easily. Likewise, YT has a temper and there's a limit to how much joking he's willing to tolerate. But often, I would say that absence does make the heart grow fonder and having your own circle of friends and things to do is actually very healthy. Not easy when both of them have the same school background, but they have their own professional circle. 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Do you reckon YT was really angry with JJ when he found out that she lied to him about not having the 2 month leave? Hahaha...

i think he didnt really believe her....cause she is always mischievous and he knew that streak of hers...angry....erm....mix with sad and frustrated? lols....and he was the one who worried that he will always be away most of the times....kinda eat the medicine on his own lols

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

he will always be away most of the times....kinda eat the medicine on his own lols

well yeah this quite funny, when the reality issssss he is that home-able one, maybe there are times to get through LDR for months but that's just it until the project done

while QJJ as long as she take contracts huahahahahaha

but she has no lie, she already mentioned that in the sorry scene "I also didn't have much time for you" kinda like that lolols

• Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

On 8/24/2021 at 1:47 PM, NiteWalker said:

hehehhee....i like how dilreba pull YY legs....she said...

"How can you have no experience, what about your ex-gf then?" 

hahahahhaha :laugh:

But it's true that when YT was with Xia Qing, he took 0 initiative. I wish they would attend more class reunions together with Xia Qing there! She can see for herself how attentive YT is to JJ's needs... heeheehee...

On 8/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, bairama said:

YAYYY @gilaswan @NiteWalker, well @Tofu is stuck on another drama XD

and me just want to hug them tight hahahahaha

they are so precious :heart:

I love the way YT hugs JJ. Someone should do a collage of all his hugs!

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, bairama said:

well yeah this quite funny, when the reality issssss he is that home-able one, maybe there are times to get through LDR for months but that's just it until the project done

while QJJ as long as she take contracts huahahahahaha

I think it's great she has work that occupies her as well, and it's flexible enough for her to actually be where he is, as long as it's not in a secret location. Like how she can be with him when he has to go to the base at Beijing. They are truly made for each other. You just can't see XQ wanting to adjust her life for him. Some people are like that. You have to accommodate them; they will never accommodate you.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

But it's true that when YT was with Xia Qing, he took 0 initiative. I wish they would attend more class reunions together with Xia Qing there! She can see for herself how attentive YT is to JJ's needs... heeheehee...

tell me when they have that...i made sure to sit in front of my screen with popcorns and popper on hands hahahahaha....totally love to see her face!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

collected:

- hugs, forehead kisses, kisses 

- the moments he came in front door of her penthouse

- eating together

- ergonomic chairs

- him with hand support his own head while watching her doing something

:laugh: they are just too beautiful lol

12 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

tell me when they have that...i made sure to sit in front of my screen with popcorns and popper on hands hahahahaha....totally love to see her face!!!

well it is interesting to see from someone who said "SHOULD NOT HER TO BE WITH HIM" :pandapopcorn: hahahahahahahaha

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

Ep 7 re-watch.

Yu Tu confides in Jing Jing! He's told no one else (except maybe Zhai Liang?) his real reason for considering leaving aerospace to join investment banking. He's already seeing her as more than an acquaintance. He feels comfortable with her and realises that she's actually a lady of substance and not as shallow as others have made her out to be (which I'm starting to think was XQ's slime campaign against her!). She's been his cheerleader all along, and only she can draw that smile out of him. He smiles for no one else!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Random scene re-watch: CNY class reunion at the karaoke lounge

Did JJ really think that YT would be at the reunion? She would sorta know that he's not the most social in his adult years, no? Or am I wrong there? He was popular among the boys cos he was quite sporty, and among the girls clearly for his brains and looks. But as an adult he was quite conscious of how financially he wasn't matching up to those expectations. He wasn't active in the class chats, and the others weren't expecting him to turn up either. Why would she think he would get the news that she was going to the reunion?

Yu Tu knew also by chance that she was going down. Or was it calculated by Pei Pei (resident radio signal receiver) to get the class rep to call him with the info?

And his kiss. Un-yutu-like in behaviour. Though for JJ he started doing many un-yutu-ish things, from speech to action. Was it to make up for all the unsavoury rumours that were spread about her only 2 months ago by (and we guess) Xia Qing? Was it a way of him making good his statement to all that none of those claims were true (including him trying to deflect the rumours that he had rejected her)? 

And a side comment about the translation (on Viu) of their conversation in school where he said he should've tutored her after all - tense errors in the English translation again affects the full appreciation of that scene where Yu Tu was referencing (and reminiscing) past memories with some level of remorse and regret still.

@bairama

Edited by gilaswan
  • Insightful 2