You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

36 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

lols....oh that....she was jealous....cause ZhaiGuang meant more to YuTu than she is lols....

No no no. Not that either. She actually tells XZ that she has a flight to take the next morning so better to get to a place nearer the airport (which is his house). Unless it’s only for the “benefit” of the driver… 

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

No no no. Not that either. She actually tells XZ that she has a flight to take the next morning so better to get to a place nearer the airport (which is his house). Unless it’s only for the “benefit” of the driver… 

oooo...

she was just trying to save face.....because she was grumbling about how YuTu couldnt make times to pick her up and bla bla bla....then she ended up saying that she will goes to his place because it nearer to the airport :laugh: to me la hahaha...i dunno how others look at it....it felt like she was trying to save a bit of face hehehe

i guess she is princessy sometimes after all lols

• Haha 3

All girls are princessy at times. I am too even though between me and my husband I'm the practical one and often accused of having no sentimentality at all. Hahaha...

I just checked. YT drove almost 4 hours from Shanghai to Zhejiang to talk to her about the wedding! If he left on the dot after work at 4.30pm, he would still have reached only at 8.30pm!!

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, gilaswan said:

All girls are princessy at times. I am too even though between me and my husband I'm the practical one and often accused of having no sentimentality at all. Hahaha...

I just checked. YT drove almost 4 hours from Shanghai to Zhejiang to talk to her about the wedding! If he left on the dot after work at 4.30pm, he would still have reached only at 8.30pm!!

hahaha...yes i think its pretty cute sometimes when u go all princessy just to see how much your other half put up with it....

well he drove 300km from his location to JJ's filming location just to spend couple of hours with her and also to set up the Antenna which earn him another hour to spend with JJ after all.....hehehe...the things YuTu do....

another thing i like is how JJ asked YuTu to top up money for her mobile....i mean she could easily do it herself...however she asked YuTu to do for her and without a second word, YuTu did it....

• Heart Eyes 2
25 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

another thing i like is how JJ asked YuTu to top up money for her mobile....i mean she could easily do it herself...however she asked YuTu to do for her and without a second word, YuTu did it....

When did she ask him to top up her mobile for her?

He's spending the rest of his life making up for the lost years... he really loves her.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 minutes ago, bairama said:

The moment he realized how sincere she was when opened up his old PC.. I can feel the regrets turn to a whole love!

But he did tell her he already regretted it before looking at the old chats. I reckon he searched through his old chats because he missed her miserably. He missed her the moment the tournament ended. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
52 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

But he did tell her he already regretted it before looking at the old chats. I reckon he searched through his old chats because he missed her miserably. He missed her the moment the tournament ended. 

I think again, that's true. He already regret it before. Even the reason of him rejected her is already love: to let go because he didn't want let down her in the future? He already in love with her after all of her empathies & roots for him.

We can see all over the regrets when he was holding tears when back to home wet (it was raining) in front of his friend (his roommate gah what the name is he? Sorry I forgot!) But after the old chat he just like desperately need her, he loses something BIG there & he is in shame.. One of my favorite scenes. After that point he is really sure, even to tell his mom indirectly he will chase for it & find the way even it is a very desperate one. From letters, to kiss in karaoke room!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Ep 27. Why does she tell Xiao Zhu she has a flight to catch the next morning when she wasn't actually going anywhere? XZ would know ya?

She didn't say it's to catch the next morning flight. She was complaining that the night before they worked late to wrap up filming and she had to get up early to catch the flight back to Shanghai (the one they just got off from) so she needed sleep urgently and preferred to soon arrive somewhere closer from the airport instead of her home. Funny that XZ replied, no explanation needed, it's the "traffic" (default excuse), and next scene we see empty lanes :laugh:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

She didn't say it's to catch the next morning flight. She was saying that the night before they worked late to wrap up filming and she had to get up early to catch the flight back to Shanghai (the one they just got off from) so she needed sleep urgently and preferred to soon arrive somewhere closer from the airport instead of her home. 

Yup. It’s the subs that were misleading because they added “tomorrow.” Argh. The subs sometimes!! They can really lead a person down the wrong path. I’ve had to correct quite a few from this drama or clarify scenes for friends because of them. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

One little detail, in the scene as YT was driving to her hotel to clarify about the wedding that JJ wanted, there's a voiceover of JJ's wish to have the wedding with stars. And YT fulfilled that for her. Their wedding hall is so pretty, ceiling full of stars, as JJ wanted. The best part is of course the interactive floor of the aisle. So cool!! and he created it for her :wow: 

Let's visit the wedding hall again.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama@themarchionessHahaha… I watched it again. Yer right. The English subs throw you off cos if you listen only to the Chinese, it makes sense. But the nature of Chinese grammar is such that tense is contextual and the sentence (“早上又要赶早班机”) can be interpreted as something that happened in the past - “I had an early flight to catch in the morning” - or in the future - “I have a flight to catch in the morning”, which was the chosen translation. The translators must be overworked - they’re clearly not editing their tenses based on the context of following scenes. 

55 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Yup. It’s the subs that were misleading because they added “tomorrow.” Argh. The subs sometimes!! They can really lead a person down the wrong path. I’ve had to correct quite a few from this drama or clarify scenes for friends because of them. 

Oh? They added “tomorrow” in your version. Makes me think I should just ditch the subs. Honestly sometimes I have to rewind and rewatch a couple of times cos my eye catches something in the English subs that seems a bit off and I go, huh?? It’s not just the tenses though. It’s also in the tone in choice of words that at times don’t sound as elegant as it should. 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

But the nature of Chinese grammar is such that tense is contextual

Subject too, as one's not always included!  Haha.  Ahhh, gotta love the language. :laugh:

12 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

The translators must be overworked - they’re clearly not editing their tenses based on the context of following scenes.

Um, they also weren't choosing the correct translations sometimes either.  Ep. 27 was an episode where I had a lot of subtitling complaints, actually, lol.  Like I thought they made YT sound borderline rude when he told QJJ's directors, "But I have to refuse," after they tried to give him some lunchboxes.  Really, what he said was that there was no need for them to be so polite, as in there was no need for them to stand on such ceremony.  

And then during the whole closet-renovation scene, the subs had the manager saying, "I have no words for Mr. Yu," when really what she said was more along the lines of, "I have some admiration for Mr. Yu," (as in she's impressed with him).  Without directly saying so, it's clear (from the conversation that follows - although you wouldn't necessarily pick it up from the subs, which is my problem with these translations) she's referring to YT's openness in sharing that he built the closet himself because he found the ones at the market to be overpriced, particularly for the quality he'd get.  The subs that follow then have QJJ saying something like, "Shouldn't you be praising me? He did this because of me."  Which makes it sound like QJJ was saying that it's because of her that YT built the closet, and while that is certainly the case, that's not what she and the manager were discussing in that moment! Rather, QJJ was asking her manager if she shouldn't admire her and says it's because she is "good" (as in a good person) that YT was willing to share.  Essentially, she's giving herself credit for the fact that YT feels comfortable discussing finances (including his lack compared to hers) which actually is a big thing when we consider how their disparity in wealth was, initially, a hurdle for YT. But really, this was an easy miss if you were only going by the subtitles in this episode... Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

6 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@themarchionesssounds like the platform you watched it on had more subbing errors. I've noticed that on Viu, they do go back to edit some of the errors though. On my re-watches, some sentences are rephrased. I reckon it really must be the rate at which these dramas are being released. To think Chinese dramas are all pre-produced though...

Does Viu do their own subbing?  The eps I'm watching are from the WeTV app.

• Like 3

My Fanfics

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am posting this here  since many of you are on this thread ...also because many scenes you will recognise. :pandablush: You can tell @bairama really loved this show.

HEYYYY let's just say it is my foreseeing of YAMG hype in this villagers! :lmao2: *I will say this everywhere to defend myself being biased :lmao2:

but trueee & sorry to YAMG, cause at that moment I did the vid (2w-3w ago?) There is no feeling of fangirling yet. I just ran out of clips when my video splits in the project already erased all.. And there is cute kiss that match with melody.. HEHEHE

Well now, surprise yes I'm in fangirling state. So ok lah for a biiiiii~iiit? :mine: YAMG nation :hearties:

@themarchioness @gilaswan oh to read you guys.. My cold sweat running.. Those mistranslations.. Seems a lot :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@bairamaNot so much mistranslations as inaccuracies… Just not how I would’ve expressed them in English perhaps? Like the final scene of Ep 26 when he was talking to her straight after she came back into the hotel room from the Diamond event, and then that hot and raspy convo YT had with her before he swooped her off to bed? I don’t know how WeTV translated it but I thought the Viu translation was a little clumsy. But it would seem as if Viu’s translations are better than WeTV’s. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Resuming my re-watch at ep 4. 

YT at this point still seems cold and distant, and definitely unfamiliar with her lifestyle, but he's a keen observer (which naturally comes from his experience and disposition as a researcher) and is slowly picking up on things. He realises that she's disciplined (her diet), and that she's resilient (she doesn't want to simply be given into). We also start to get to know him better too. He's quite a task master, and as you would expect from an engineer, is systematic in his approach. He is indeed a good teacher because he's able to break down processes to explain things to her. In turn, while she's not quite the analyst when it comes to game play, she clearly has a highly developed sense of empathy for others and is sensitive in the way she asks questions and responds to his body language. This is clearly juxtaposed against Xia Qing whom we meet for the first time who tries to speak in terms that appear understanding but is actually manipulative, caustic, cutting, and always manages to turn the conversation towards herself.

In terms of where their relationship is at this point, she is still in part the high schooler who had a crush on him - she's still impressed with him and smiles when she thinks of him, but she's also the adult who has practical reasons for re-establishing this connection. She really is focussed on the task at hand! He on the other hand seems somewhat thoughtful about the person he knew but never actually knew. You can see him furrowing his brows a number of times as he tries to make sense of what he's experiencing in his interactions with her, likely vis-à-vis his memory of her.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

In terms of where their relationship is at this point, she is still in part the high schooler who had a crush on him - she's still impressed with him and smiles when she thinks of him, but she's also the adult who has practical reasons for re-establishing this connection. She really is focused on the task at hand! He on the other hand seems somewhat thoughtful about the person he knew but never actually knew. You can see him furrowing his brows a number of times as he tries to make sense of what he's experiencing in his interactions with her, likely vis-à-vis his memory of her.

omg yes! Well descript on the part of their relationship!

On ep. 5 (after ep. 4 ending right when he met XQ?) Yu Tu being Yu Tu in his practical way, when still in the hours of teaching, he will came back even after meeting his ex? Lolol. I really likes her reaction which is quite surprised that he was coming again but still she seems relax and not in a wild thinking of hopeless romantic. 

Plus I love that he would say the truth when someone kind of saying something bad of QJJ that he knows it is not true (thoughtful of him). XQ if I still remember mention about her and has prejudice about JJ, talks about reaching success

~~

There are new stills released of the wedding!

E9SmolyUUAUmWao?format=jpg&name=large

E9Smr8_UUAEJ3Ih?format=jpg&name=large

E9SmzGtVgAAyDT2?format=jpg&name=large

E9Sm4HhUYAUZQJd?format=jpg&name=large

sc: https://twitter.com/Blink_AliceShen/status/1428950501475774472

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S