You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

When Yu Tu told JingJing that he would "take the initiative" and that it would be up to her to tell him when it's inappropriate. As soon as they started dating, he was very quick to manipulate the situation so that either he spends the night at her place or she spends the night at his place. Especially that part where he pretends to lose the game over and over so that it ends up getting so late! Naughty Yu Tu!! I have to admit I am loving this side of him!

that sneaky Slytherin sides revealed :lenny:

A bit comment of YuTu was giving the coat to JingJing, I think it is kind of a little NG, also on my watch is like WHY? You just could pass it to the chair?? :laugh: LOL but it is cute.

I'm currently gushing over this photo.. I edit it to have old vibe. SOO classic isn't Mr. Yu, this could pass for a serious-hot Hogwarts senior student/young new teacher (if you watch Harry Potter too). HAHA!

classicyyr.png

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I didn't see the part where the paparazzi were caught by the government though.. is that in the coming episodes?

are you watched until ep. 26? The paparazzi was got warning & annihilated of their records in camera by the space office guardians and so they called Miss Ling (or who? JingJing's manager) and said sorry about this under the bridge just like one that commit crime secretly in dramas LOL the table was turning

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I love that both JingJing and Yu Tu have this playful side to them. Cannot wait to see the rest of the episodes! What do you guys think the challenge is going to be? Maintaining the long distance relationship?

so so in love for both of their sunny side. Maintaining the couple relationship I guess, they came long, we already had 2 years time jump, and the ep. 27 will be a couple problem, based on the novel.

Couple problems + how they solve it + focus on Yu Tu's career will be already great I think

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 minutes ago, bairama said:

@Mouse awww I see.. The trio reporters will be cooking in ep 25, keep the spirit for you guys without fast track option regions.. :pandapray:

Am I being spoilery too much? 😂😂 so sorryy.. Pls say if you all here objects it, I'll try to hold it!

oh I don’t mind at all! I love finding out what is coming. Something to look forward to! 

• Like 3
  • Tasty 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Don't you have to pay for WeTV? I watched the later episodes up to 26 (not up on Viu yet) on Dramacool. But the subs for the latest few episodes aren't up yet. 

Now that they're together, there's a lot more cute and smart bantering. QJJ is actually very bright and she does indeed have very high EQ, which is why she's made for the entertainment industry, whereas Mr Engineer is well... an Engineer. I like how when asked to choose a gown for her, YT based it on weight rather than the design and suitability for the occasion. QJJ's agent was incredulous and gagged on her drink. Hahaha... Even his letters to her were so exceedingly technical and academic, there was hardly a shred of romance in them. But then you see, that's what is also romantic about him - he sees her in his work. And that's why he is her glory (as much as she is his). Was it Guan Zai or the research institute chief who said to him that their work with the stars is the most romantic of them all? And that's what it also is you see - romantic from the perspective of it being based simply on dreams and aspirations. 

Another scene I liked - how YT's engineering skills trumps all on QJJ's filming set out in the desert. While her co-star's apparently "goodwill actions" of bringing a buffet meal resulted in an unexpected delay of schedules which annoyed the director, the director himself delayed the schedule for QJJ so she could have time with YT when they didn't even ask for it. Because nothing is more important than wifi connectivity. Hahaha...

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
26 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Now that they're together, there's a lot more cute and smart bantering. QJJ is actually very bright and she does indeed have very high EQ, which is why she's made for the entertainment industry, whereas Mr Engineer is well... an Engineer. I like how when asked to choose a gown for her, YT based it on weight rather than the design and suitability for the occasion. QJJ's agent was incredulous and gagged on her drink. Hahaha... Even his letters to her were so exceedingly technical and academic, there was hardly a shred of romance in them. But then you see, that's what is also romantic about him - he sees her in his work. And that's why he is her glory (as much as she is his). Was it Guan Zai or the research institute chief who said to him that their work with the stars is the most romantic of them all? And that's what it also is you see - romantic from the perspective of it being based simply on dreams and aspirations. 

love their banters. Hahaha but I like how they are not picking the Yu Tu's choice for the dress, they much more like wanting to test how his brain way of works. LOL.

It is! Yes Guan Zai told that X) he is such a romantic too about the Search God(?)

:1000: useful bf ofc better! :laugh:

for the subscription of WeTV, yeah I paid for it. From other paid platforms, it has kind of good deal to me (I signed up for the first time of WeTV because of this drama! LOL), they have discount for first VIP pay. VIP offers no ads + VIP schedule of episodes release for full month. While the free one still let you watch the show but in regular episodes release (6 eps behind the VIP). VVIP fast tracks, we buy it per fast tracks episode, around 0.25 USD per episode with tax.

Since I watch The Devil Judge (Kdrama) too that its also on WeTV, kind of bonus. I think I will cut Viu subscription for a while. Ahahaha.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

I love that both JingJing and Yu Tu have this playful side to them. Cannot wait to see the rest of the episodes! What do you guys think the challenge is going to be? Maintaining the long distance relationship?

I think in one of the later episode previews it shows him being very frustrated with the fact that she is away so often. When Guan Zai told him to settle down soon and not drag her down (or to be “sincere” in the relationship) he frustratedly told him that JJ had only been in Shanghai for all of 1 month and 10 days in the past year, and asked GZ, “Tell me who’s the one being insincere here?” Poor chap. 

I’m rewatching episodes and using it as an excuse to brush up on my Chinese (like real. hahahaha), and finding the way they date LDR so funny. Hahaha. This AI Jing Jing is so funny. And the B&W cartoons that show the passage of time for them are so cute.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I just watched ep 25-26 but subs weren't available so I have no idea what they're actually saying. Just wanted to say Yu Tu just looks hot whatever he's wearing - from his regular everyday clothing to his "professor with glasses" look to rugged man in the desert. :wow:

Did you guys happen to catch how Yu Tu kisses JingJing on the chin at times and then moves on to her lips? So sensual! :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Finally found the time to start reading and finish the novel, now will have to see when I can actually begin binging the drama. 😅 I like what I've seen though in the promo clips. 

RL on some trips here and there. It's summer in the sand pit though so it's more tiring than usual to be outside. Next week Wed or Thu that I might be able to start watching. 🤞

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

22 hours ago, bairama said:

I'm currently gushing over this photo.. I edit it to have old vibe. SOO classic isn't Mr. Yu, this could pass for a serious-hot Hogwarts senior student/young new teacher (if you watch Harry Potter too). HAHA!

if i have a teacher like this...i make sure i never graduated and stuck in his class alone!!!

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Finally found the time to start reading and finish the novel, now will have to see when I can actually begin binging the drama. 😅 I like what I've seen though in the promo clips. 

RL on some trips here and there. It's summer in the sand pit though so it's more tiring than usual to be outside. Next week Wed or Thu that I might be able to start watching. 🤞

next week all the episodes will finish airing on Monday!!!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I think in one of the later episode previews it shows him being very frustrated with the fact that she is away so often. When Guan Zai told him to settle down soon and not drag her down (or to be “sincere” in the relationship) he frustratedly told him that JJ had only been in Shanghai for all of 1 month and 10 days in the past year, and asked GZ, “Tell me who’s the one being insincere here?” Poor chap. 

hahhaa well he did say he over think and here he was thinking he will ended up having no times for her and being away on some lockup area where they are not suppose to reveal to their spouse....it ended up with him being the one to be abandon lols.....

taking a short trip to the desert just to install some antenna for better internet coverage say as much too hahahha

On 8/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, Mouse said:

I didn't see the part where the paparazzi were caught by the government though.. is that in the coming episodes?

that should be at episodes 26 before the desert part i believe....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Mouse said:

I just watched ep 25-26 but subs weren't available so I have no idea what they're actually saying. Just wanted to say Yu Tu just looks hot whatever he's wearing - from his regular everyday clothing to his "professor with glasses" look to rugged man in the desert. :wow:

Did you guys happen to catch how Yu Tu kisses JingJing on the chin at times and then moves on to her lips? So sensual! 

:wow: even tho I did ranting about Yu Tu's daily wear are all black (he can actually have natural tones, he got that in his closet!!) but when it comes the time to bomb, his charm is blasting DUARR 💣

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

Did you guys happen to catch how Yu Tu kisses JingJing on the chin at times and then moves on to her lips? So sensual!

and I notice this too.. HUHU after pause-flirt talk then he did the chin kiss. I have to scream JIAKKKKHHH *well this may sound so strange to your language but its like 'eiyyyyy I thought you just learn all the scientific functions, turns out not?' Hahahaha

& JingJing's expression there is so so good

27 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. FEELS SO FREAKING FAST I'M SAD 

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Welcome welcome welcome :heart:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

if i have a teacher like this...i make sure i never graduated and stuck in his class alone!!!

Same! I reckon I'm going to have a hard time focusing on the actual lecture and instead focusing on how good he looks. :SquirtleNiceAhah:

What what what?!!!! On one hand I am so happy I don't have to wait for new episodes but on the other hand I'm sad it's going to bi finishing already! How do I move on from YY?? I am not ready!!! :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

@gilaswan When it comes to WeTV, with some of their popular dramas, they will release advance episodes for VIP members willing to pay for it. However, the videos usually do not come with subs and the videos are not available for everyone to purchase too. This past Monday, they released 8 episodes, but only 6 ended up having subtitles because on their regular schedule they only release 6 episodes weekly. The remaining 2 episodes that were not subbed will be released with subs on Monday. Also, on Monday, they will release the last 6 episodes for those willing to pay. But only 4 of those advanced 6 episodes will have subs by Wednesday. The last two episodes will not have subs until Monday, August 23rd. Essentially, this is how they make more money off their viewers. :jiminbtssigh:

:lol: I'm glad I never had good looking teachers too. :laugh:

after this or maybe this weekend im going to embroiled in CRUSH first hahaha i owe it to @Tofu to start on it...besides i like the girl....give it a try...heard from @Tofu & @Yana that its good

Haha! Yes, don't forget about Crush! @Yana and I are bouncing between You Are My Glory and Crush. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
18 minutes ago, Mouse said:

What what what?!!!! On one hand I am so happy I don't have to wait for new episodes but on the other hand I'm sad it's going to bi finishing already! How do I move on from YY?? I am not ready!!! :letalQQ:

well he has another drama in lineup :cool:

and another with Zhao LuSi that had just finish airing....so wait my dear....you're be seeing more of him soon i reckon lols....

5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

i'm glad my mother dont have to worry about that either.....

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

and another with Zhao LuSi that had just finish airing....so wait my dear....you're be seeing more of him soon i reckon lols....

You know, Dilireba and Lusi keeps swapping male leads (Yang Yang and recently Wu Lei too). Haha! I'm actually pretty excited for Yang Yang's drama with Lusi. My thought is that it'll be released later this year or early next year. It's a historical drama. Feel free to check out the thread for it because Yang Yang in costume clothing is unreal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 minutes ago, Tofu said:

You know, Dilireba and Lusi keeps swapping male leads (Yang Yang and recently Wu Lei too). Haha! I'm actually pretty excited for Yang Yang's drama with Lusi. My thought is that it'll be released later this year or early next year. It's a historical drama. Feel free to check out the thread for it because Yang Yang in costume clothing is unreal. 

hahaha....exactly and now Dilreba is involved in a love triangle with Liu YuNing and GongJun, putting GongJun asides, Liu YuNing was pair up with Lusi in The Long Ballad after all...

actually i like the two of them behind the scenes, both of them are very cute

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm actually pretty excited for Yang Yang's drama with Lusi.

I actually watched the trailer yesterday! HAHAHAH but I thought it comes soon? And to see in the thread that drama status in pending, I'M VERY AFRAID it can be very later??

Had experience with Lusi in DITK (hehhh I hate the later episodes there) & YY here so I think it will be my first try Cdrama with genre like that (you called it Wuxia it isn't?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

39 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha....exactly and now Dilreba is involved in a love triangle with Liu YuNing and GongJun, putting GongJun asides, Liu YuNing was pair up with Lusi in The Long Ballad after all...

actually i like the two of them behind the scenes, both of them are very cute

Oh myyyy.. I kept my eye on liu tuning after the long ballad:wow2:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@gilaswan When it comes to WeTV, with some of their popular dramas, they will release advance episodes for VIP members willing to pay for it. However, the videos usually do not come with subs and the videos are not available for everyone to purchase too. This past Monday, they released 8 episodes, but only 6 ended up having subtitles because on their regular schedule they only release 6 episodes weekly. The remaining 2 episodes that were not subbed will be released with subs on Monday. Also, on Monday, they will release the last 6 episodes for those willing to pay. But only 4 of those advanced 6 episodes will have subs by Wednesday. The last two episodes will not have subs until Monday, August 23rd. Essentially, this is how they make more money off their viewers. :jiminbtssigh:

Haha! Yes, don't forget about Crush! @Yana and I are bouncing between You Are My Glory and Crush. :heart:

Yesssss... And we didn't get tired bouncing between 2dramas right @Tofu?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@TofuAiyoh. The sub schedule is so complex. But good for China if their dramas have that sort of reach in non-Chinese speaking regions. 

@bairama The show is indeed ending so soon since I just started watching it. Hahaha… but I must say there’s a very “light” yet engaging quality about it that makes me feel like a re-watch is alright. My goodness - it’s even made me forget that there was a new Hosp Playlist episode last night! Hahaha. 

I’ve also read the translation of the novel and I have to say the translation makes the story seem very “inelegant” because I was told the original novel was very engaging. Sorry to the translators! I’m sure it took a lot of effort since it was fab translated. I realise it takes knowledge of Chinese to some degree to understand the English translation cos a lot of it was literal. And so likely not very accurate in actual tone and intent. Nevertheless enjoyable. And it’s actually “inspired” me to read the original for myself. Hahahaha… Me?? Read an entire text in Chinese??? Hur hur hur… Let’s see how long I can sustain it. I just found it free online. 

@MouseI have to say, there’s something about their kiss and bed scenes that seem very sweet even when it gets steamy. There’s a quality in the characterisation and perhaps even in how they film it such that it really comes across as a couple deeply in love with each other, and not that they’re just giving into physical temptations. And yes, when he drops his voice into a low whisper, I can’t imagine how QJJ wouldn’t go weak in the knees. Could YT have actually ever been attracted to her even during high school? Why was he suddenly so willing to speak up for her reputation in the class chat even before they met up in person for the first time after 10 years?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
29 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

but I must say there’s a very “light” yet engaging quality about it that makes me feel like a re-watch is alright. My goodness

I feel that way too(!!!!!!!) 

the flow funk me

Whaaa... I'm just amazed with seeing the letters that look much like calligraphy, I'm amazed you guys who can read/listen mandarin

already knocked out with simplified japanese (hiragana) :( hahaha

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

21 minutes ago, bairama said:

I feel that way too(!!!!!!!) 

the flow funk me

Whaaa... I'm just amazed with seeing the letters that look much like calligraphy, I'm amazed you guys who can read/listen mandarin

already knocked out with simplified japanese (hiragana) :( hahaha

Aiyoh, it's been a lifelong struggle with the subject. Only in later adult years and through work that I've started to appreciate the language. Love-hate relationship with it. I love to hate it. Hahaha...

• Haha 6