You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@Yana I will pray with you. Haha!! 

so welp I dont understand, I know tofu you use tencent wetv, then the eng sub is different for regions? Why ya.. Why they just don't provide it for common server if they already have?

:lenny: current obsession + time allow me, so hello, contents :lenny:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Haha! Fast track is not an option for me. It might just be region specific. 

ooh.. I thought fast track is for you too, but there is no eng sub on the fast track episodes, I'm wrong, sorry 

aisssh then :duckpout: 

*it's crazy how 'you too' sounds much like Yu Tu to me these days, with that specific chinese accent when saying his name! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

@NiteWalker@bairamaI do watch C-dramas but usually only the period ones (epic costumes and the only way I get introduced to Chinese History and Confucian philosophy. hahahaha) - but those can drag on forever and I spend a lot of time just skipping through scenes. There was one recently that Dilireba was in (The Long Ballad) but I didn't complete that cos I felt every episode was just watching people get killed. Like just about everyone around Changge was dead or about to die. This is the first modern day C-drama that's caught my attention beyond the first 2 episodes. Hahaha... I usually find the female leads in Chinese dramas too painfully written, but that's just me. I rather like QJJ though. She's quite sincerely adorable. 

@TofuI'm really enjoying it! But the subs on Viu (and general video quality) hasn't been very reliable though. I've finally caught up on Viu, but had to watch episodes 19 and 20 without subs. Which was fine given it's set in modern times. But of course, any technical discussion would have flown over my head (but it would fly over my head regardless the language. Hahaha... I have to admit I skip over the lab and field research scenes, although those are likely the scenes where the Chinese are totally flexing their scientific advancements). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
57 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Haha! Fast track is not an option for me. It might just be region specific. :idk:

dont worry getting to episodes 22 is actually also pretty good....

i love how JJ string YuTu along for a bit....in the book we read it and love and YY project the anxiety and how anxious he was, was really good....its almost like they brought the whole book to life !!!

9 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@NiteWalker@bairamaI do watch C-dramas but usually only the period ones (epic costumes and the only way I get introduced to Chinese History and Confucian philosophy. hahahaha) - but those can drag on forever and I spend a lot of time just skipping through scenes. There was one recently that Dilireba was in (The Long Ballad) but I didn't complete that cos I felt every episode was just watching people get killed. Like just about everyone around Changge was dead or about to die. This is the first modern day C-drama that's caught my attention beyond the first 2 episodes. Hahaha... I usually find the female leads in Chinese dramas too painfully written, but that's just me. I rather like QJJ though. She's quite sincerely adorable. 

hahahh......not only she is pretty clever and she is very observant towards ppl around her...we can really feel that Ling Jie and XiaoZhu adore her too.....

sometimes some female in C-Drama if they drop into damsel in distress....i will definitely skip thru...i dunno why i prefer a girl with some backbone....and JJ prove to be a girl with some backbone...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@gilaswan ooo nice.. :wow: about the lab research scenes, actually its kinda flexing & not, bcs Yu Tu - Jingjing convo said that the technology gap between them to the one in USA make Yu Tu should work harder, they are quite humble & in string with reality I think with stating the fact in their convo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

For those who reach ep. 25 ending, this unfiltered comment is  :1000: :laugh: bcs most of Asian dramas I watched with similar genre, I didn't expect the scene to become like that tbh, even though my main attraction to this drama is Yu Tu's dilemma, but gosh this is mind-blowing for my dramas experience..  

Spoiler

source: sloonstarius

5dd75970ca09a01b91ab7eb10b87e87e948e96e9

8024a39079cd80ad1b8f5ebec42db5e2d2dba4ce

HOT DIGITY DAMMNNNNNN

god bless gu man and her script lines-she's like you know what makes sex great-when your beloved inquires sexily in sexy asmr like whispers in hurried breaths spliced in between the hot hot make out about your comfort preferences on the bed-jesus the way he yeeted the pillows-the LINES *purses fingers*~it's about the foreplay~; "what else besides the pillows that you are not used to on the bed', and she replies him and then he said 'you'll get use to [me]?????????????? and the pillows are flung??????javksjkdhdkvanj and the way she is just clenching onto his lapel and his hand anchors her head is sending me to space; it was like she was on a sexy recliner

i did NOT expect them to show us the bed; i thought they were gonna b roll of the city fade to black on us after the princess carry wooooooo

the glow up factor on gu man's male lead played by yang yang is Barbie Girling astronomical lmao

for sure yu tu and jing jing is by far gu man's hottest otp and i am living for it cause they are both reciprocal like jing jing my girl is out to get it and i love it that comparatively to other gu man's other heroines she is fire

Spoiler

'his hand anchors her head is sending me to space; it was like she was on sexy recliner'

'I thought they were gonna b roll of the city fade to black on us after the princess carry'

**b roll is transition effect on video when the scene just rolled fading to another scene

'male lead played by Yang Yang is barbie girling astronomical'

'they are both reciprocal'

'Jingjing my girl is out to get it and I love that comparatively to other Gu Man's other heroines she is fire'

:1000: :laugh:

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

2 hours ago, bairama said:

@gilaswan ooo nice.. :wow: about the lab research scenes, actually its kinda flexing & not, bcs Yu Tu - Jingjing convo said that the technology gap between them to the one in USA make Yu Tu should work harder, they are quite humble & in string with reality I think with stating the fact in their convo

Can't flex too much if they're trying to use their C-drama as softpower the way SK is using theirs. But right at the start of the drama it does state something like this drama is a state approved yada yada... something along those lines. So surely this is also meant as local propaganda for them. I mean, which country doesn't make use of state media and locally produced shows for that purpose. Captain America and the entire MCU is American propaganda and national education for the US! :lol:

@NiteWalkerI cannot stand damsels in distress. Hahaha...

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, bairama said:

For those who reach ep. 25 ending, this unfiltered comment is  :1000: :laugh: bcs most of Asian dramas I watched with similar genre, I didn't expect the scene to become like that tbh, even though my main attraction to this drama is Yu Tu's dilemma, but gosh this is mind-blowing for my dramas experience..  

Reveal hidden contents

source: sloonstarius

5dd75970ca09a01b91ab7eb10b87e87e948e96e9

8024a39079cd80ad1b8f5ebec42db5e2d2dba4ce

HOT DIGITY DAMMNNNNNN

god bless gu man and her script lines-she's like you know what makes sex great-when your beloved inquires sexily in sexy asmr like whispers in hurried breaths spliced in between the hot hot make out about your comfort preferences on the bed-jesus the way he yeeted the pillows-the LINES *purses fingers*~it's about the foreplay~; "what else besides the pillows that you are not used to on the bed', and she replies him and then he said 'you'll get use to [me]?????????????? and the pillows are flung??????javksjkdhdkvanj and the way she is just clenching onto his lapel and his hand anchors her head is sending me to space; it was like she was on a sexy recliner

i did NOT expect them to show us the bed; i thought they were gonna b roll of the city fade to black on us after the princess carry wooooooo

the glow up factor on gu man's male lead played by yang yang is Barbie Girling astronomical lmao

for sure yu tu and jing jing is by far gu man's hottest otp and i am living for it cause they are both reciprocal like jing jing my girl is out to get it and i love it that comparatively to other gu man's other heroines she is fire

Reveal hidden contents

'his hand anchors her head is sending me to space; it was like she was on sexy recliner'

'I thought they were gonna be roll of the city fade to black on us after the princess carry'

**b roll is transition effect on video when the scene just rolled fading to another scene

'male lead played by Yang Yang is barbie girling astronomical'

'they are both reciprocal'

'Jingjing my girl is out to get it and I love that comparatively to other Gu Man's other heroines she is fire'

:1000: :laugh:

Hahaha. I just read the comment. It’s actually quite funny. 

But you know, I think YY is carrying the drama though. He’s a much better actor than she is, and IMO much better looking than she is pretty. 

In one of the earlier episodes, QJJ was wearing a sweater with a teddy bear pinned to the back. Anyone know where to get it? I thought it would look really cute on my daughter. 😄

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@gilaswan well his damage makes me like this cb60de37d8da73ec91f5f9a871c942a9dd7bd08c for a whole 3 weeks? (Since this drama in air) 😂😂

but I love her in this drama & Dilraba plays it great, no cringe I find from her scenes. Jingjing compared to 2 Cdramas rom-com I watched before is such a fresh air

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

38 minutes ago, bairama said:

I thought it is not the translation but you caption that on birdapp post :laugh:

its the words inside the pictures....when i post pictures.....and if they have any translation i will do it like "..." if its my own caption.....then there will be no ".." lols

22 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

But you know, I think YY is carrying the drama though. He’s a much better actor than she is, and IMO much better looking than she is pretty. 

yes...YY is carrying the drama....he improved alot and emoting very well....he had molded YuTu into his alone.....after all these i cant see anyone else as YuTu except YangYang.....his postures is good....straight and all angle make him looking all the much better

Reba is cute and being just herself in the drama and she went along very well with YangYang....she gotten too thin though....some angle of her is show her perturbing shoulder bones and stuck out making her looking like anorexia and gaunt, cheek cave in too....i still prefer her look in 'Love Designer' alot better, she seems prettier there.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, bairama said:

nvm just bringing beautiful gifs from pentakill ep. 25 ending:

source: travelingstrawberry

Reveal hidden contents

*surprisingly the scene is not cringe at all because the flow of the story, the pick up line is extremely smooth

1st of all sorry if I 'm wrong.. Watching this ep without sub and with very basic in chinese:cry:..did I heard the conversation yutu asked which height do u like:shocked: he like lower

• Haha 3

@Yana the conversation:

(before, she slept in his house but with platonic, just sleep because it was too late and she had appointment in early morning. And she complained how the pillow was too tall and makes her neck hurts she is not used to it, he promised to change it later)

so he goddamit brings the pillow survey to her right at the moment when they break the platonic sleep lol

YT: besides the pillow, what are the other things that you can't get used to?

JJ: you

YT: there's nothing I can do abt that, you'll get used to

YT: how is the pillow? What do you think? *when his hands actually holding her head

JJ: *turns her head to pillow beside her 

YT: don't move. How do you like it? *anchors her head to his eye contact again

*lowering the level

YT: what about this?

JJ: no

YT: i'll make it lower 

kind of match with this excerpt in the novel:

hahaha.png

AHAHAHA

5 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@bairama who is xiao nai?? I only know YuTu...

eiy just know this, HAHAHA 

well this comment on tumblr might represent you also who watched his Love O2O:

Spoiler

I don’t usually watch contemporary cdramas, I don’t even know why…but I just don’t. But then along came You Are My Glory, which has the double pull of having Yang Yang and being a Gu Man adaptation. The more I watch of this drama, the more strongly I conclude that Yu Tu is just Xiao Nai glowed up and this goes beyond just the fact that they are both played by Yang Yang.

Both Xiao Nai and Yu Tu are brilliantly clever and handsome men, who they both very aware of their own intelligence and charm, and can be quite snarkily cocky about it. Both are referred to by the female lead as a god.

However, Xiao Nai can be quite emotionally immature. Despite all his intelligence and looks, he is so socially awkward that he resorts to stalking the girl he likes in a game, hacking into the university system to learn her class timetable and vaguely creepily watching her around campus before actually introducing himself IRL. He also assumes that because he and Wei Wei are “married” in a video game means that they are automatically in a relationship IRL. Even though she does like him back (but in a more hero worship way), it’s still clear that she’s uncomfortable with this assumption but he never seems to pick up on it. Even later, once he and Wei Wei had gotten together, he made questionable decisions like blindsiding his very new girlfriend into spending time with his parents, one of whom is literally her teacher, after insinuating that they’ve already slept together, which for Asian parents is like yikes, better start planning the wedding! I also find the drama portrayal of Xiao Nai very over the top in how seriously they took his campus god status, so that the moment he so much as moves a single finger, the entire campus go into chaos. He crashes his dad’s class and the entire auditorium acts like a whole kpop band just walked into their midst – it’s played off for laugh but if I were his dad he’d totally be chewed out for disrupting my class because it’s not like the random girls suddenly filling up the lecture are there to learn or bring in any tuition money.

Yu Tu is Xiao Nai once he had left school and forced into confront the real world a bit, thus forced to mature. He is still naturally gifted and aware of it, but he has been shocked with the realisation that talent and hard work doesn’t necessarily translate to success in the real world, that is if you can even define what success is. Yu Tu’s insecurities and career crisis makes him a lot more relatable and realistic than Xiao Nai ever was, and that honestly just increases his attractiveness.

One of the things I didn’t like about Love O2O the drama was how, despite all the telling they did about how Wei Wei is a brilliant girl in STEM, they reduce her to the office mom buying lunch and making beds for the boys. She goes and interns at her boyfriend’s company and never moves away from the role of the boss’s girlfriend. Contrast this with Xue Shan Shan from Boss and Me, another Gu Man drama. Shan Shan starts out as an employee being semi-coerced in a very questionable relationship with the CEO Feng Teng. But by the end of the drama, she has been allowed to grow, first by being promoted in Feng Teng’s company on her own merits instead of her relationship, then moving away from working under Feng Teng to build a career of her own while still maintain her relationship with Feng Teng. I have always liked Shan Shan’s character development much much much better than Wei Wei’s lack of one.

Now You Are My Glory seem to be the amalgamation of all the best things from Love O2O and Boss and Me. Jingjing is insanely successful in her own right and the drama never belittles her career in showbiz, even when contrasting her against her love interest who is an insanely book-smart PhD. Academic overachievement is still very glorified in Asia, and it would have been very easy for the drama to glorify Yu Tu’s achievements at the expense of Jingjing’s career. But it never actually does that. All the jokes about how Jingjing is a pampered celebrity with an insane closet is never made at Jingjing’s expense or to belittle her, and Jingjing’s vanity about her look always reads as an inside joke with herself and offset by the fact that everyone keep lampshading at how Yu Tu could become a famous actor too if he only bothered.

In both Boss and Me and Love O2O, Feng Teng and Xiao Nai are these overbearing CEO types who are not only quite hard to relate to but also exert power over the female character. In You Are My Glory, Jingjing earns a lot more than Yu Tu, but she isn’t his superior in any other sense. The fact that she’s had a crush on him for years and years lessens the gap between the lives they lead as it constantly makes you aware that they started out in exactly the same place, Jingjing just got really lucky along the way. Yu Tu’s emotional maturity compared to Xiao Nai and his lack of overbearing “I am CEO you must obey me” quality compared to Feng Teng, makes him not only relatable but also level-headed enough to understand that he is Jingjing’s equal in the relationship. He has that moment of insecurity, but he realises that it is silly and unreasonable. It saves the drama having that moment of the “girl” character gasping in awe that this godlike figure actually wants to be in a relationship with them.

One of the things that I love about Gu Man’s stories is that by the time the couple get together, it tends to be pretty low drama. Under a different writer and in a different drama, the whole subplot about the paparazzi following Jingjing and Yu Tu around for a weekend and then getting arrested at Yu Tu’s ultra-high-level-security workplace would have been blown up into this whole thing. It would be easy for Yu Tu’s bosses to be against one of their protégés who is responsible for such top-secret projects being in such a high profile relationship and for Yu Tu and Jingjing to descend into a pointless conflict of how being with Jingjing is ruining Yu Tu’s career and Yu Tu sinking into a spiral of insecurity again. But no, of course Gu Man would just have it pass with a joke, and Yu Tu’s bosses just going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to the news of Yu Tu dating Jingjing, which you would think would not be noteworthy considering it’s none of your employer’s business who you date but you underestimate Asian culture and Asian dramas’ ability to create stupid conflicts based on everyone and their mother feeling entitled to offering opinion about your life.

I’ve glanced through the novel and we’ve basically reached the end of the novel now, but there is still like six episodes to go so will be interesting to see what it’s about. Considering the fluffy low stake atmosphere of Gu Man though, it doesn’t seem like Jingjing’s ex will appear again now that she had delivered that speech.

A few more stray observations:

This drama truly is a successor to Love O2O, complete with annoying product placement of random drinks. I thought when we got through about half the drama without obvious product placement other than the game itself that we might be avoiding this, but suddenly that yoghurt drink starts appearing everywhere. At least it seems like it’s only that yoghurt for the time being. Love O2O had product placement for like a dozen different things, and I still know that if you charge an Oppo phone for two minutes you will have enough charge to talk for another hour. Why do I still know this. The drama was like five years ago.

Kiss scenes in Love O2O was always wildly uncomfortable because Zheng Shuang was stiff as a board. Thank god there is none of that here because Yang Yang’s kissing is 😍😍😍.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S