You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

@bairama i read the whole write up and certain things do echo with me but the person who wrote it need to understand that the writing style of Gu Man has always been of a Alpha Man and submissive woman. Though through this novel , she does try to come out of it but at a certain point of time , YuTu does inherit Xiao Nai's refined behaviour. And also in Love O2O , it was not really he stalked the girl. He liked her but rather he was stalked by all the girls around campus.  Secondly there is nothing wrong in reaching out to a girl through gaming and trying to understand compatibility... though Xiao Nai knew about her being CSE Belle , but he reached out because she was only girl who can almost play with the guys at the same level as in a pro level. Secondly he did stalk her after meeting an accident ....stalk in the sense just hacked her laptop because she was not coming online....more to understand whether the feelings are mutual or not...!!!! YuTu does have some traits of Xiao Nai but not all.... after all , its Gu Man's writing... 

Cannot wait to see YY next with Zhao Lusi... :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

21 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

though Xiao Nai knew about her being CSE Belle , but he reached out because she was only girl who can almost play with the guys at the same level as in a pro level. Secondly he did stalk her after meeting an accident ....stalk in the sense just hacked her laptop because she was not coming online....more to understand whether the feelings are mutual or not...!!!! YuTu does have some traits of Xiao Nai but not all.... after all , its Gu Man's writing... 

erm...i dont like the term stalk....i prefer that XiaoNai actually tried to insert himself into her path.....

making it seems like coincidence and also try to make her felt his presence in her surrounding.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@NiteWalker true !!!

@bairama these GIFs are mind blowing... also if possible , please share the conversation they had when they leave hotel and reach YT's house... she closes the door and he brings her closer to kiss her sensuously while she was trying to switch on the lights.... since i watched without translations..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@movingwheel AHAHAHAHAH

(before, again bcs this scene is kind of resolution of the platonic sleepover of her in his house, when he was just translating some research papers to 'hold on' & she was reading interview outline also to 'concentrate')

*pause kissing after closing the door

*YT managing his breath first 

YT: I'm done translating

YT: today you're not reading any interview outline, are you?

JJ: I have a script to go through. You too can translate again *tease

*YT shakes his head

YT: I have no time, I need to defend my rights

YT: I just realized I was scammed. I'm supposed to have 3 days to date, but my date came back at 7 pm yesterday and she's leaving at 8 am tomorrow. So it's actually only a day and half. 

*JJ bit laughing

YT: is this mini-apps scams work nowadays? (He is bringing her AI idea when they were LDR, she roleplays to an AI program for texting him what she is eating, etc etc and exchanging wechat apps coins something like that)

JJ: so what? Now that you already scammed, I won't return the money.

YT: usually, in this case, the developer will offer some compensation.

JJ: ?

YT: for example.. Open up a new map *bring his face closer to her

--I'm dying here, repeat, I'm dying here

JJ: it's surprising to hear this from you. I didn't know you are such a hooligan (pervert)

YT: *shakes head no.. What are you thinking? I mean my bedroom? [?? It's still same for me YT lol]

*kiss

YT: is it okay? You have been away for so long

YT: I can't wait anymore

~~~

connecting the dots with this scene:

gifs from redstriinged

5165af4a1e05bf8c01734a25453f697f6cb7aac3

f292d584d118e497e2bafe2e49016f94673a9947

f780f76e599bbb0eac9fc0cd48bf47efe8115ec7

JJ: “Say, what did we decide to slander each other for?”

YT: “I’m pretty sure you started it first, Miss Qiao.”

:smile:

~~~

add comment:

their bts edit is so cheeky @NiteWalker aiyaa the bgm & sound effect.. Ahahahaha

plus that specific scene.. I had to laugh a bit she already sitting on his lap before closing the tent like yo is there nobody outside? HAHAHA

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

44 minutes ago, bairama said:

YT: I just realized I was scammed. I'm supposed to have 3 days to date, but my date came back at 7 pm yesterday and she's leaving at 8 am tomorrow. So it's actually only a day and half. 

suppose to be blind date.....hahahha....

44 minutes ago, bairama said:

add comment:

their bts edit is so cheeky @NiteWalker aiyaa the bgm & sound effect.. Ahahahaha

plus that specific scene.. I had to laugh a bit she already sitting on his lap before closing the tent like yo is there nobody outside? HAHAHA

this is one of the drama that i love to watch the BTS to be honest....its almost as good as watching the real clips...

also i love the best parts is where YY and Reba actually work hand in hand to trick the two directors and how the director actually trick YY back hahahhaa...however he sold him out....i still play that part and laugh my head off....

sometimes a drama that produce good ambience actually set up to a good drama being release too and somehow all the artist have very good rapport too...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

suppose to be blind date.....hahahha....

you mean it is mistranslated (again)? Hahahah 

+ comment: I think Indonesian sub for the translation is better from the Eng sub one. When I compare it 1 to 1, the Eng one sometimes missing the point..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

2 hours ago, bairama said:

@Yana the conversation:

(before, she slept in his house but with platonic, just sleep because it was too late and she had appointment in early morning. And she complained how the pillow was too tall and makes her neck hurts she is not used to it, he promised to change it later)

so he goddamit brings the pillow survey to her right at the moment when they break the platonic sleep lol

YT: besides the pillow, what are the other things that you can't get used to?

JJ: you

YT: there's nothing I can do abt that, you'll get used to

YT: how is the pillow? What do you think? *when his hands actually holding her head

JJ: *turns her head to pillow beside her 

YT: don't move. How do you like it? *anchors her head to his eye contact again

*lowering the level

YT: what about this?

JJ: no

YT: i'll make it lower 

kind of match with this excerpt in the novel:

hahaha.png

AHAHAHA

eiy just know this, HAHAHA 

well this comment on tumblr might represent you also who watched his Love O2O:

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t usually watch contemporary cdramas, I don’t even know why…but I just don’t. But then along came You Are My Glory, which has the double pull of having Yang Yang and being a Gu Man adaptation. The more I watch of this drama, the more strongly I conclude that Yu Tu is just Xiao Nai glowed up and this goes beyond just the fact that they are both played by Yang Yang.

Both Xiao Nai and Yu Tu are brilliantly clever and handsome men, who they both very aware of their own intelligence and charm, and can be quite snarkily cocky about it. Both are referred to by the female lead as a god.

However, Xiao Nai can be quite emotionally immature. Despite all his intelligence and looks, he is so socially awkward that he resorts to stalking the girl he likes in a game, hacking into the university system to learn her class timetable and vaguely creepily watching her around campus before actually introducing himself IRL. He also assumes that because he and Wei Wei are “married” in a video game means that they are automatically in a relationship IRL. Even though she does like him back (but in a more hero worship way), it’s still clear that she’s uncomfortable with this assumption but he never seems to pick up on it. Even later, once he and Wei Wei had gotten together, he made questionable decisions like blindsiding his very new girlfriend into spending time with his parents, one of whom is literally her teacher, after insinuating that they’ve already slept together, which for Asian parents is like yikes, better start planning the wedding! I also find the drama portrayal of Xiao Nai very over the top in how seriously they took his campus god status, so that the moment he so much as moves a single finger, the entire campus go into chaos. He crashes his dad’s class and the entire auditorium acts like a whole kpop band just walked into their midst – it’s played off for laugh but if I were his dad he’d totally be chewed out for disrupting my class because it’s not like the random girls suddenly filling up the lecture are there to learn or bring in any tuition money.

Yu Tu is Xiao Nai once he had left school and forced into confront the real world a bit, thus forced to mature. He is still naturally gifted and aware of it, but he has been shocked with the realisation that talent and hard work doesn’t necessarily translate to success in the real world, that is if you can even define what success is. Yu Tu’s insecurities and career crisis makes him a lot more relatable and realistic than Xiao Nai ever was, and that honestly just increases his attractiveness.

One of the things I didn’t like about Love O2O the drama was how, despite all the telling they did about how Wei Wei is a brilliant girl in STEM, they reduce her to the office mom buying lunch and making beds for the boys. She goes and interns at her boyfriend’s company and never moves away from the role of the boss’s girlfriend. Contrast this with Xue Shan Shan from Boss and Me, another Gu Man drama. Shan Shan starts out as an employee being semi-coerced in a very questionable relationship with the CEO Feng Teng. But by the end of the drama, she has been allowed to grow, first by being promoted in Feng Teng’s company on her own merits instead of her relationship, then moving away from working under Feng Teng to build a career of her own while still maintain her relationship with Feng Teng. I have always liked Shan Shan’s character development much much much better than Wei Wei’s lack of one.

Now You Are My Glory seem to be the amalgamation of all the best things from Love O2O and Boss and Me. Jingjing is insanely successful in her own right and the drama never belittles her career in showbiz, even when contrasting her against her love interest who is an insanely book-smart PhD. Academic overachievement is still very glorified in Asia, and it would have been very easy for the drama to glorify Yu Tu’s achievements at the expense of Jingjing’s career. But it never actually does that. All the jokes about how Jingjing is a pampered celebrity with an insane closet is never made at Jingjing’s expense or to belittle her, and Jingjing’s vanity about her look always reads as an inside joke with herself and offset by the fact that everyone keep lampshading at how Yu Tu could become a famous actor too if he only bothered.

In both Boss and Me and Love O2O, Feng Teng and Xiao Nai are these overbearing CEO types who are not only quite hard to relate to but also exert power over the female character. In You Are My Glory, Jingjing earns a lot more than Yu Tu, but she isn’t his superior in any other sense. The fact that she’s had a crush on him for years and years lessens the gap between the lives they lead as it constantly makes you aware that they started out in exactly the same place, Jingjing just got really lucky along the way. Yu Tu’s emotional maturity compared to Xiao Nai and his lack of overbearing “I am CEO you must obey me” quality compared to Feng Teng, makes him not only relatable but also level-headed enough to understand that he is Jingjing’s equal in the relationship. He has that moment of insecurity, but he realises that it is silly and unreasonable. It saves the drama having that moment of the “girl” character gasping in awe that this godlike figure actually wants to be in a relationship with them.

One of the things that I love about Gu Man’s stories is that by the time the couple get together, it tends to be pretty low drama. Under a different writer and in a different drama, the whole subplot about the paparazzi following Jingjing and Yu Tu around for a weekend and then getting arrested at Yu Tu’s ultra-high-level-security workplace would have been blown up into this whole thing. It would be easy for Yu Tu’s bosses to be against one of their protégés who is responsible for such top-secret projects being in such a high profile relationship and for Yu Tu and Jingjing to descend into a pointless conflict of how being with Jingjing is ruining Yu Tu’s career and Yu Tu sinking into a spiral of insecurity again. But no, of course Gu Man would just have it pass with a joke, and Yu Tu’s bosses just going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to the news of Yu Tu dating Jingjing, which you would think would not be noteworthy considering it’s none of your employer’s business who you date but you underestimate Asian culture and Asian dramas’ ability to create stupid conflicts based on everyone and their mother feeling entitled to offering opinion about your life.

I’ve glanced through the novel and we’ve basically reached the end of the novel now, but there is still like six episodes to go so will be interesting to see what it’s about. Considering the fluffy low stake atmosphere of Gu Man though, it doesn’t seem like Jingjing’s ex will appear again now that she had delivered that speech.

A few more stray observations:

This drama truly is a successor to Love O2O, complete with annoying product placement of random drinks. I thought when we got through about half the drama without obvious product placement other than the game itself that we might be avoiding this, but suddenly that yoghurt drink starts appearing everywhere. At least it seems like it’s only that yoghurt for the time being. Love O2O had product placement for like a dozen different things, and I still know that if you charge an Oppo phone for two minutes you will have enough charge to talk for another hour. Why do I still know this. The drama was like five years ago.

Kiss scenes in Love O2O was always wildly uncomfortable because Zheng Shuang was stiff as a board. Thank god there is none of that here because Yang Yang’s kissing is 😍😍😍.  

Woowwww... Thanks for the full translates. After read it why my head already imagined R rated scenes:wow2:I.. 

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, bairama said:

you mean it is mistranslated (again)? Hahahah 

+ comment: I think Indonesian sub for the translation is better from the Eng sub one. When I compare it 1 to 1, the Eng one sometimes missing the point..

yes....they were acting out the part they are on blind dates for 3 days....

remember them exchanging their picture and how YuTu gave her a picture of him playing basketball? that was taken by a colleague where he gave the excuse to the colleague that his blind date wanted it.... lols

and then YuTu too requested for a selfie picture from JJ....

and JJ was on a break from filming and came bk for an event for 3 days where YuTu spend it with her....so they are playing that part out together....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalker yes yes I got it from the first they acted the blind date part too when mentioning about the 'date' huahaha.. But the scam he is referring is not the blind date app right? But her AI idea? Or? Ahahaha

& is the translation erase the 'blind' from the blind date or they actually saying just 'date' there?

@Yana you're welcome! I got luck for the region perk so nice to share.. Lols I feel like a pervert now 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, bairama said:

@NiteWalker yes yes I got it from the first they acted the blind date part too when mentioning about the 'date' huahaha.. But the scam he is referring is not the blind date app right? But her AI idea? Or? Ahahaha

he was saying that he felt cheated by his blind date cause it was suppose to be set for 3 days...which ended up with them reaching home pretty late and then after that the date had to go to work for most of the day away and for 3 days it ended up with him only having 1 day and half to spend with his blind date......

not it was about the blind date app....the app was only mention earlier on....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Yana said:

:laugh:the paparazzis kept following YT and JJ everywhere and I felt like they suddenly become YT's fan, curious what's his job and I saw in tiktok that they were arrested in front of YT's workplace and all evidence was confiscated by the authorities. Damnn... 

hahaha yea that was another cute moment which was also included in the book.....lols....

i love the reaction from both his teacher and superior....where they were really happy that YuTu is finally dating for real! lols

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, Yana said:

the paparazzis kept following YT and JJ everywhere and I felt like they suddenly become YT's fan, curious what's his job and I saw in tiktok that they were arrested in front of YT's workplace and all evidence was confiscated by the authorities. Damnn... 

yes yes this is hilarious, the end.. :laugh: record of trio entertainment reporters adventure :laugh: he is untouchable! :laugh:

@NiteWalker ok ok then I got it from the start lolol & thanks for typing those anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha yea that was another cute moment which was also included in the book.....lols....

i love the reaction from both his teacher and superior....where they were really happy that YuTu is finally dating for real! lols

I don't know which one....slightly older I think the teacher that always scolded him...when he heard YT's girlfriend is JJ.. He almost choked his water:laugh:

• Haha 3

I’m all caught up to ep 24! But there are no Eng subs from eps 21-24… yet. 

The show is absolutely adorable and I love the funny bits inserted here and there. The show really makes you smile. 

I love her “AI girlfriend mini programme” and how YT’s colleague totally fell for it when he took a look at his WeChat and saw the name “AI Girlfriend”. Well… maybe he was a bit skeptical, but you know, the likes of YT and his brains, who knows if he might actually be able to write such a realistic programme for a bot chat! Smart of YT too to change her name on WeChat. And, did he actually send her the money she asked for?? The mini programme interaction was really cute. 

And the paparazzi getting caught by the intelligence officers! Hahaha… I had a good laugh. You have the government taking care of QJJ’s agency’s job!

I will say things got pretty hot and heavy for them quite quickly, aye? She accepted to date him and he invites himself to stay at her home the next day. He tells her to let him know if he ever crosses the line then, then almost immediately they’re in an LDR for a month. The moment they get to see each other, they get it going on within 24 hours. Then it’s a time skip to 2 years later where it’s implied they’re still LDR-ing for significant stretches fairly often, and it almost makes it seem like his trips to the set are conjugal visits. :lol:

• Haha 5

just watched the previews all the way to E32

Spoiler

towards the later episodes, was there a time jump? Is Yu Tu and Jing Jing older (coz he's wearing glasses and it looks like it's intentionally done to make him look older). No wonder this film got aired so fast, showcases China in a very good light, with YT heading the launch of the space shuttle.... And I suppose, it's not such a stereo-typical romance drama, with him at least in the last few preview chapters working on that launch and Jing Jing cheering him own, with pride in her eyes. She does the job that makes money and he does the job that makes the nation proud. Cool combo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, bairama said:

& is the translation erase the 'blind' from the blind date or they actually saying just 'date' there?

The Chinese term used which in K-dramas is often translated into English as "blind date" isn't quite a blind date as such. Not sure where you watched with Eng Subs, but I can see why it might not be translated into "blind date". It basically means "match making" or someone with whom there's an "arranged marriage" (traditionally). The so-called "scam" he wanted to make a claim against was the mini-programme and match-making put together. QJJ as AI girlfriend bot "sold" a 3 day activity package for a top up of 68RMB, but he sent 520RMB! That, I don't know why. Hahaha...

In response to @IpohBanana's question:

Spoiler

There wasn't a time jump when he was wearing glasses. She just dressed him up so that she could pass him off as a member of her personal crew. There is a small time jump just after that - they moved 2 years forward.

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

The Chinese term used which in K-dramas is often translated into English as "blind date" isn't quite a blind date as such. Not sure where you watched with Eng Subs, but I can see why it might not be translated into "blind date". It basically means "match making" or someone with whom there's an "arranged marriage" (traditionally). The so-called "scam" he wanted to make a claim against was the mini-programme and match-making put together. QJJ as AI girlfriend bot "sold" a 3 day activity package for a top up of 68RMB, but he sent 520RMB! That, I don't know why. Hahaha...

yes yes I know about the AI girlfriend exchange coins so he is talking about devoloper thing lolol I just a bit confuse with NiteWalker said it should be blind date.

Thank you two explain it clearly to me still 😄

57 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

And the paparazzi getting caught by the intelligence officers! Hahaha… I had a good laugh. You have the government taking care of QJJ’s agency’s job!

this is the hilarious part, and like @IpohBananasaid they made a cool combo! LOL

58 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I will say things got pretty hot and heavy for them quite quickly, aye? She accepted to date him and he invites himself to stay at her home the next day. He tells her to let him know if he ever crosses the line then, then almost immediately they’re in an LDR for a month. The moment they get to see each other, they get it going on within 24 hours. Then it’s a time skip to 2 years later where it’s implied they’re still LDR-ing for significant stretches fairly often, and it almost makes it seem like his trips to the set are conjugal visits. :lol:

chinese many comments with keyword adult love (it is trending bcs this drama LOL)

but well the novel itself implying she wants more after the first so..

Uhum yes adult love.. HAHAHA

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

11 hours ago, gilaswan said:

yes you’re right….I forget the actual term is match making hahaha…the word just escape me so I use blind date instead hahaha thanks….

11 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

just watched the previews all the way to E32

Reveal hidden contents

yup… there will be another times jump

• Like 3

All caught up with the episodes and I have to say I'm really loving the playful banter between Yu Tu and JingJing.

Here are my favourite scenes:

• When Yu Tu mimicked JingJing's responses to his mother but to her parents
  • When Yu Tu asked JingJing whether she would allow his genes to influence hers.. :MewGiggle:
  • When Yu Tu told JingJing that he would "take the initiative" and that it would be up to her to tell him when it's inappropriate. As soon as they started dating, he was very quick to manipulate the situation so that either he spends the night at her place or she spends the night at his place. Especially that part where he pretends to lose the game over and over so that it ends up getting so late! Naughty Yu Tu!! I have to admit I am loving this side of him!

I didn't see the part where the paparazzi were caught by the government though.. is that in the coming episodes?

I love that both JingJing and Yu Tu have this playful side to them. Cannot wait to see the rest of the episodes! What do you guys think the challenge is going to be? Maintaining the long distance relationship?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump