Who Rules The World 且试天下 [2022]

NiteWalker

@mademoiselle  novel does not give away completely at what point he finds out but it shows that when BFX got to know about the attack on Qingzhou , she decides to follow her destiny and become the Queen that the nation needs her for. and that night when she was mounting towards her state , FLX stands beside her and she asks how much he knows. he just smiles. THAT's IT.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is this different from the book? How did FLX find out in the book?

11 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle  novel does not give away completely at what point he finds out but it shows that when BFX got to know about the attack on Qingzhou , she decides to follow her destiny and become the Queen that the nation needs her for. and that night when she was mounting towards her state , FLX stands beside her and she asks how much he knows. he just smiles. THAT's IT.

I finished the novel and agree that it does not explain when he found out. However, there was a bit that read, "Since their first meeting, they have never tacitly asked each other's identity and origin. They have done the same for the past ten years, but it is true that both sides have a clear understanding of each other's origins." So, I took away that both always knew each other were FLX and FXY, but it was unspoken between the two.

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Other than how handsomely gorgeous YY is, I enjoyed the scene where the King scolded the Queen for ruining the ritual. But! The Queen is so stupid. I swear. I mean, the King has already revealed he knows everything but she and her son still want to test the King's patience. There's only so much/many times the King can play dumb in front of his staff... he already said he wants to save "face". And that he fought hard against all odds to make her a Queen and still these two dummies catch no balls.

She's also very cruel (to her eldest son), which makes me question how can the King loves someone like her.

Same. I was so glad when he scolded her and I thought finally! However, I was disappointed when he later fell for her sob story and pretending to renounce herself as queen. So annoying! Honestly, I think this wicked stepmother plotline needs to wrap up soon. It's going in circles and I'm losing my patience. LOL.

Yes, she is cruel to her eldest son. I don't understand the king for this either. I am hoping elder brother and FLX can repair their relationship though.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 2

@peperomia yes in the novel it was kinda given that they knew each other’s identity. But also, in the novel , despite loving BFX , he was originally ready to marry hua chunran. So i think before that he did not know…. Somehow he had inkling… thats it. And we need to remember that FLX in book and FLX in drama is different. So let’s see how they bring it up.

• Like 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

yes in the novel it was kinda given that they knew each other’s identity. But also, in the novel , despite loving BFX , he was originally ready to marry hua chunran. So i think before that he did not know…. Somehow he had inkling… thats it. And we need to remember that FLX in book and FLX in drama is different. So let’s see how they bring it up.

I agree FLX in the novel and book are characterized differently. Regarding the marriage situation with Hua Chunran, how I understood it was...

Spoiler

FLX was always conflicted in choosing between paving a clear path to the throne and BFX. He knew marrying HCR would be a step forward toward his goal by achieving the marriage alliance, but if he did, he would definitely lose BFX because he knew BFX wanted exclusivity.

FLX actually went to Youzhou as HFX, a commoner. He didn't go as Prince FLX of Yongzhou which tells me that he didn't intend to fight with the other princes to be consort. Without FLX knowing, BFX helped HCR convince her king father to allow her to appoint him (HFX, not LFX) as consort. When that was about to happen in court, he basically ran away and went straight to BFX because he was upset about it. I think partly at her for handing him off like that and partly at himself for giving up the alliance for her.

I still think FLX always knew BFX was FXY, but because the novel was not absolutely clear about it, how the reader interprets "when" can be ambiguous.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I’ve given up on 特战荣耀 (too stressful to watch) and have moved over here… a Chinese fantasy dramas in the wuxia genre are always full of fun. 😄 Am up to ep 12 on Netflix and quite so intrigued by the storyline. It’s getting increasingly complex as the web of connections and revelations grow. But a frivolous observation from me for now - who thinks the Prince of Jizhou (Huang Chao) has too much teeth? :laugh:

All these relationships are starting to get confusing too though. Prince Lanxi’s family name is ‘Feng’? Any connection to Feng Qiwu’s family? Then what about BFX? Character info gives her other name as “Feng XiYun”?

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, gilaswan said:

@movingwheel yeah, I could get a subscription on WeTV, but I prefer the translation on Netflix. I understand Mandarin, but the subs help with clarity and so far, comparing the two, Netflix’s subs are smoother.

not WETV.... BTW, Subs are same for both.

But u can watch without any subscription...check your messages...

• Like 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

5 hours ago, movingwheel said:

no Feng Lanxi is not related to Feng Qiwu...! Come to think of it , everyone's family name is FENG in both Yongzhou and Qingzhou... but that has no significance in the story. It is just the way it is !

This is the problem when everything is translated into Pinyin. In actuality, the Fengs are all different characters, so unrelated.  I wish when they included English subs, they wouldn't remove the Chinese closed captioning too.  

豐蘭息 - Feng Lan Xi
風惜雲 - Feng Xi Yun
鳳栖梧 - Feng Qi Wu

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Since we’re on the topic of names, I thought I’d share something I read about their martial arts names in the novel. BFX’s “Feng Xi” means “wind of the night” while HFX’s “Feng Xi” means “abundant breath”. Because they have the same pronunciation and easily confused without characters, people in the martial arts world started differentiating the two by the color of their clothes. So, “Bai” meaning white became attached to BFX for her white attire and “Hei” meaning black was attached to HFX for his black attire. It also mentions that BFX’s Feng family color is white and HFX’s Feng family color is black which may be the relevance. (Huang Chao’s family color is purple which we normally see him wearing purple robes.)

Just started this last night and am currently up to Episode 5. 

I'm impressed. This has all the makings of an excellent drama. The fight scenes are some of the best I've seen in a C drama since... I'm not sure when. I've been hearing rumblings about behind the camera drama so it would be a pity if this drama doesn't measure up in the second half because the first five have just been great. The storytelling and pacing already makes it better than many that I've seen. 

I'm not a fan of either lead but there's definitely some nice chemistry between them. I rather like the feeling of being dropped in the middle of a relationship that has been going on for some time which makes the bickering and childhood connection angle more believable. 

Love the precocious Han Pu. Hope to see him again down the line.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@movingwheel Since BFX received a letter from her brother indicating there may be troubles in Qingzhou, I think her story is starting to get back on track. It may take until episode 30 to fully get there though. (I adore FLX, but there's so much emphasis on his royal family drama than I like. LOL.)

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Love the precocious Han Pu. Hope to see him again down the line.

I love Han Pu too. I hope we will get to see what will become of him later. I would be up for a spin-off drama about him.

I like how every time they plot to trap prince yepping, he always has his way to counter attack. So it's not frustrating to watch the evils making their tricks. And they continue to have strong and smart female lead here. She shines along with the male lead is another good point in my eyes. I'm glad she's there not just to be the male lead love interest. 

What frustrates me are the his dad and stupid younger brother. I mean he knows that his wife are behind several cases but still lenient to her and he seems very concerned if lanxi may be stronger and rebelious. He isn't that wise and easily tricked. Also that Yu scholar, I really hate to see his smirk. If it wasn't for his doubled face he won't succeed to set FJ againts LX . Anyway, we need a story so the villains should survive longer. I think I will continue as long as the heroes is smarter to tackle the problems. 

• Like 2

@Alice Wonderland the king never loved FLX mother. He was always for Queen Baili. FLX knew and he also knows that even with all his love for Baili , he does not love anyone or anything more than he loves Power or his throne.

@peperomia i know that now BFX story will start but it could have been better.... putting equal emphasisation for both FXY & FLX

• Like 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

The father will bring doom to himself in the end. He acts as if caring father while he doesn't put more trust to his sons. Well, if he does, he trust the wrong people. 

BFX is the little girl/princess who met younger FLX right? It's also the reason why she is so knowledgeable for several things. I think LC is her hometown perhaps, just guessing.

Edited by Alice Wonderland