14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wahhhhhhhh @SilverMoonTea RJY must be like God level oppa or something? 
@bairama did you buy ?

Ikr. It's really not easy to make me part with my $$... I never even sign up Netflix thingy 😂🤐 and Iqiyi was on my sister LOLs. 

Have not found his god level replacement yet at the moment 😅

Btw I'm interested with Junnie PLMBYK, but @Tofuask me to watch Immitation first, what u say? 😆 She think I can finish better if drama all available for binging watch. 

Btw , oppa ahjussi such a mood!! 😂

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@mademoiselle I have three sisters and we all have different taste in oppas and dramas. It's a bit shocking when we find ourselves watching the same drama or even liking the same oppas. One sister doesn't like anyone that's too old or too young, but I don't understand what that means because she calls everyone young and old. :idk: My second sister likes the cured meat oppas and my younger sister tends to like the fresh meat. Although, my younger sister loves Gong Yoo which surprised me a lot. :laugh:

Thanks for feeding me with all this Lee Je Hoon goodness! I have no more Lee Je Hoon dramas/movies to watch so I have to wait again for him to release something. :letalQQ:

39 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw I'm interested with Junnie PLMBYK, but @Tofuask me to watch Immitation first, what u say? 😆 She think I can finish better if drama all available for binging watch. 

Hahaha! Because it's true! Success rates are higher for us when a drama is completed. I actually enjoyed Imitation more than I thought I would. It's an idol drama, but there were moments where it didn't feel like one either. The drama was only 12 episodes -- if you get bored, just watch all the scenes with Jun. Those were the best anyway. :eeeee:

THEN....after you are done, watch Avengers Social Club. Once you're done with that, at least 4-5 episodes of Knight will be out so you can just jump on those after. I'm actually enjoying ASC, not for Jun though. He's the icing on the cake. The three female leads are the best. I want to see them get revenge on everyone, especially their husbands. I don't have anyone I want to get revenge on, but I do want to join their bokja club. I can help them glue people to their seats too. :lmao2:

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

The only thing that stinks about it is that I can't chat with them about who we like because we don't like the same people.

Yes, this is true. I feel like there is still a gap with my sister because she's only began to watch kdramas now. Back then when I asked her to watch it she always said she doesn't have time for TV. And now all of a sudden, she has time...? :idk:

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm glad I have you guys.

Same here coz It's so hard to get my friends/sister to watch a kdrama. I've been selling Signal and Sweet Home to Friend A and she refuses to watch but then out of the blue she asked me about Squid Game because it was all over the social media. She & hub watched and loved it but said she's not interested in Hellbound. Now that Hellbound is getting good reviews she asked me what I think. It felt like they are trying to follow the trend (like how everyone is watching Games of Throne and those doesn't get side-eyed) rather than showing true/real interest in kdramas. Friend B would ask me what I'm watching & ask for recommendation. First few times I was enthusiatic & happy to share but then she'd do the opposite and watch something else she finds herself. And after a few times it made me feel like they are wasting my precious time. :pandadisgusted:

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

The audacity my sister had to text me this today.

Hahahaha. You have us. We don't find it boring. I think when I find extra time, I'll check out Rain & Shine since it has come to NF.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes, this is true. I feel like there is still a gap with my sister because she's only began to watch kdramas now. Back then when I asked her to watch it she always said she doesn't have time for TV. And now all of a sudden, she has time...?

That's similar to one of my sister. I would recommend a drama that I think she'd like and she tells me she doesn't have time for anything. Then, out of nowhere, she tells me she finished watching another drama. Even right now, both of my sisters are way ahead of me with The King's Affection when they started maybe two weeks ago? :laugh:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Friend A and she refuses to watch but then out of the blue she asked me about Squid Game because it was all over the social media.

OMG YES!! I feel the exact same way! When Squid Game came out, I was having lunch with two colleagues and told them about it. Normally, I do not recommend Asian dramas to my colleagues or even talk about watching it to them. I hate trying to explain why I prefer Asian shows to them even though it should be obvious since I'm Asian. Haha! I recommended Squid Game because I've never seen anything like it and based on the types of shows they've told me they watched, I thought they would like it. Both of them were not interested because they didn't want to read subtitles. A few days later, Squid Game blew up and it was everywhere. I walked into one colleague's office and she was watching Squid Game at work. I asked her why she was watching it because she was so against it when I talked about it. She laughed and said she wasn't going to watch it but since everyone kept talking about it, she decided to check it out. She ended up watching Squid Game at work all week and said she loved it. 

The feedback I often get when I recommend an international show/movie is "I don't want to read subtitles". To some extent, I can understand this because not all subtitles are created equally and certain meanings cannot be translated into another language. However, I don't think one should limit themselves to just a certain region because you would miss out on so many good shows/movies if you do! 

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And after a few times it made me feel like they are wasting my precious time.

I'll get on that Sweet Home recommendation. :lmao2::lmao2: I'm on episode two, I think? However, it's been so long I should just start from the beginning. 

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'll check out Rain & Shine since it has come to NF.

Forewarning, Rain & Shine is written by the same scriptwriter as Reflection of You. :heiboi:

• Shocked 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

That's similar to one of my sister. I would recommend a drama that I think she'd like and she tells me she doesn't have time for anything. Then, out of nowhere, she tells me she finished watching another drama. Even right now, both of my sisters are way ahead of me with The King's Affection when they started maybe two weeks ago?

Hahaha my sis said she needs "holiday" to watch drama because once she's hooked, she'll stay up and binge to the end. She just finished Goblin and TKEM coz she thinks they are "light" watches. I told her to watch Memories of the Alhambra next if she enjoys Sci-Fi although I purposely didn't tell her it's not "light". She has seen Prison Playbook too. Hopefully after MotA, I can get her to watch Romance is a Bonus Book. I just think she loves reading so she should be able to appreciate this show.

I think TKA has lost some customers :lmao2: . I can see why though coz the storyline is becoming angsty and the execution is not as good as I have hoped. :pandasadspoon:

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

The feedback I often get when I recommend an international show/movie is "I don't want to read subtitles". To some extent, I can understand this because not all subtitles are created equally and certain meanings cannot be translated into another language.

I actually asked Friend A if she watches it in subtitles or English audio, she said original audio so her issue isn't about subtitles. She actually watched Train to Busan because she told me she likes zombie films and she likes it but after that any other zombie films she never watched. And now I realise it's probably because Train to Busan was also popular then. I find it sad that a show has to get to that extreme popularity for people to acknowledge its presence. Doesn't this mean it wasn't being appreciated as it should be but rather because it gained worldwide attention and these people don't want to feel left out?

I was highly recommending Signal to her because she told me she loves crime genre. After Signal came on NF, she hasn't even touched it. I bet if suddenly Signal is all over the SNS, she'd jump straight into it. Hmph. :GengarPout:

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

However, I don't think one should limit themselves to just a certain region because you would miss out on so many good shows/movies if you do! 

This I agree coz you even watch Thai drama which I haven't ventured into and can't see myself going there any time soon but I've watched more regions that most people here don't. They only limit their world view to American, Australian and/or British shows.

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'll get on that Sweet Home recommendation. I'm on episode two, I think? However, it's been so long I should just start from the beginning. 

Ahahaha, I wasn't talking about you but I'll take whatever because I believe Sweet Home is that good. :lmao2: Actually someone dropped this, I was quietly mending a weeping, bleeding heart. HAHAHA. Sighs, Sweet Home put limits on itself to audiences who can't handle horror. :pandasadspoon: BTW, I was surprised you've dropped YAMG. How come? Not your cuppa???

I liked what Youn Yuh Jung says below. Good on her to point this out to the world!

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Forewarning, Rain & Shine is written by the same scriptwriter as Reflection of You. 

:shocked: but... but... but .... it's not as immoral or twisted as RoY, right?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
On 11/26/2021 at 11:29 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@bairama did you buy ? 

I bought it too it has my favorite track 🖤🖤 on the way LOOOL approx. this mid to end December would come 🤗

@SilverMoonTea so you play the cd on that cd player wall mounted? OHHH the feelings!

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 hours ago, bairama said:

I bought it too it has my favorite track 🖤🖤 on the way LOOOL approx. this mid to end December would come 🤗

@SilverMoonTea so you play the cd on that cd player wall mounted? OHHH the feelings!

I didn't mount it in the wall haha, cos will ruin the wall and it need too much effort, so I just placed it in the desk. 

Ah you also alrd ordered yours. Nice! But too bad yach it will be perfect if its the 51 songs and not just 20 lols. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I didn't mount it in the wall haha, cos will ruin the wall and it need too much effort, so I just placed it in the desk. 

Ah you also alrd ordered yours. Nice! But too bad yach it will be perfect if its the 51 songs and not just 20 lols.

I seeeeee :heart:

yeah oof I honestly don't mind with all 51 songs even it is repeated rhythm just in different mood atmosphere. That's why there is skip forward button right lols aigoo

but yup I ordered want to save Kangjae with the hard copy of melodyyyy~~~

• Like 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@mademoiselle Putting everything in a spoiler tag because it's rather long. HAHAHA!

Spoiler

I don't think I consider those light watches. When I think of light, I think more along the lines of rom-coms. Haha!

For TKA, I haven't been that excited about the recent episodes. It's getting too angsty and Dami/JiWoon barely have any time together. I even told @SilverMoonTea I might drop it. :psweatduck:

Doesn't this mean it wasn't being appreciated as it should be but rather because it gained worldwide attention and these people don't want to feel left out?

For every person who watch a show/movie because it's gaining popularity, there's a person like me -- who doesn't care for popular shows/movies. I watch what I want to watch. Haha! I have never seen Stranger Things, The Walking Dead, Games of Throne, etc. :laugh:

I was highly recommending Signal to her because she told me she loves crime genre. After Signal came on NF, she hasn't even touched it. I bet if suddenly Signal is all over the SNS, she'd jump straight into it. Hmph.

I recommended Signal to my brother-in-law a long time ago and he never watched it. A while ago he was telling me about this great show he was watching. It turned out to be Signal. :PikachuFacePalm:

With Friend C, there are some shows he absolutely loves and tells me about them all the time. I told him his one beloved show (The Masked Singer) was based on a South Korean variety show and it blew his mind. He didn't know what else to say after that. The other show he likes is The Good Doctor which is a remake of the Korean drama, Good Doctor. 

This I agree coz you even watch Thai drama which I haven't ventured into and can't see myself going there any time soon but I've watched more regions that most people here don't. They only limit their world view to American, Australian and/or British shows.

You have to like crazy to enjoy Thai lakorns. Haha!

The other day I was having a conversation with a colleague (different from the two I talked about before) and he was telling me that he wished there were more to Squid Game. He's someone who likes thought provoking shows/movies so I recommended that he watch Hellbound. While we were talking about this, we got into a conversation about expanding your knowledge about the world and not limiting yourself. I think watching shows, movies, etc. from other regions is one of the best ways to start that. 

Ahahaha, I wasn't talking about you but I'll take whatever because I believe Sweet Home is that good.  Actually someone dropped this, I was quietly mending a weeping, bleeding heart. HAHAHA. Sighs, Sweet Home put limits on itself to audiences who can't handle horror.  BTW, I was surprised you've dropped YAMG. How come? Not your cuppa???

I think everyone I know who told me they were watching Sweet Home finished the drama. I will slowly but surely get to it. Haha! There's a level of sweetness that I can handle in a romantic drama and towards the end, YAMG was wayyyyy too sweet for me. I didn't think it was pertinent for me to finish since I already read the novel. I do realized that literally everyone in this forum loved YAMG though. :laugh:

I liked what Youn Yuh Jung says below. Good on her to point this out to the world!

YESSSS! Good for her!! :cool:

but... but... but .... it's not as immoral or twisted as RoY, right?

HAHAHA! No, definitely not. It is paced rather slow, but that's what the FF button is for. :lmao2:

In Chinese Entertainment, the light saber challenge has been trending a lot. I can understand the appeal but at this point, I've seen way too many on my TL and don't want to see any more unless it's from Junho. :lenny:

Here's an example:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@TofuI like how you mentioned you don't watch movie / drama just because it's popular. Me also same, and until now don't feel like to touch Squid Game haha. 

The thing that changed me as I more mature (or older lols), now I can watch more genres, including those more serious one. Example A Taxi Driver movie which telling about student uprising and military opression in Korea, also based from real life situation. 

When I'm young I just satisfied with all Lee Min Ho's drama hahahaha.... 

• Haha 4

@Tofu Me too. Putting it in spoiler tag.

Hide contents

I don't think I consider those light watches. When I think of light, I think more along the lines of rom-coms. Haha!

My sister said they were light. :idk: She didn't even cry for the finale of Goblin, coz she knew how it ends.

For TKA, I haven't been that excited about the recent episodes. It's getting too angsty and Dami/JiWoon barely have any time together. I even told @SilverMoonTea I might drop it.

sad-heartbroken.gif

I actually don't mind E14's angst coz seeing Rowoon brooding quietly is :love: LOL.

For every person who watch a show/movie because it's gaining popularity, there's a person like me -- who doesn't care for popular shows/movies. I watch what I want to watch. Haha! I have never seen Stranger Things, The Walking Dead, Games of Throne, etc.

I didn't watch Games of Throne or Bridgeton either. I refuse to follow the bandwagon just coz, not even after people gasping in disbelief that I said I'm not watching. I did sort of knew some stuff here and there because everyone at work talks about it. I watched Stranger Things because it was recommended & easily accessible on NF. S1 was enjoyable but not S2 and lost interest in S3 now. On the other hand, I enjoyed The Witcher 'coz Henry Cavill is :wow:

I recommended Signal to my brother-in-law a long time ago and he never watched it. A while ago he was telling me about this great show he was watching. It turned out to be Signal.
Oh yes, I've experienced something similar as well, and it's like 10-20 years too late when they want to spazz about it. LOL :niu: Did you do this :pandaheadstomp: to him coz I would. I recommended Signal to many people. One did watch & got spooked coz she lives alone.

The other show he likes is The Good Doctor which is a remake of the Korean drama, Good Doctor. 
I didn't like the K-version and always wondered if US version is better but too lazy to pick it up. :lol: US did adapted a few more Asian contents, including Infernal Affairs (HK) to The Departed, except the US version turned out to be completely different.

You have to like crazy to enjoy Thai lakorns. Haha!

Really? I'd imagine to be the same as any other regions making dramas with various genres.

The other day I was having a conversation with a colleague (different from the two I talked about before) and he was telling me that he wished there were more to Squid Game. He's someone who likes thought provoking shows/movies so I recommended that he watch Hellbound.
Hmm... would Navillera be considered thought-provoking? Or maybe Happiness and Sweet Home. It was thought-provoking for me for these two. If he likes Squid Game (survival game), he can try out Alice in Borderland as well.

I think watching shows, movies, etc. from other regions is one of the best ways to start that. 
True. It helps easing us into a new thing and also faster in learning that country's languages and/or culture. I learnt new languages through watching TV and finds it faster than learning on papers. I remember history better through TV too hence one of the reasons I'm watching The Red Sleeve and power through 50 episodes of Six Flying Dragon! I had wanted to continue with Deep Rooted Tree but got tired of learning history hahahaha!

YAMG was wayyyyy too sweet for me. I didn't think it was pertinent for me to finish since I already read the novel. I do realized that literally everyone in this forum loved YAMG though.
:lmao2: I liked the drama better in the sense that I have the beautiful visuals of both YY and Dilreba. But you know what? I think I'd still rather take on this sweetness over the aegyo in Hometown CCC.

HAHAHA! No, definitely not. It is paced rather slow, but that's what the FF button is for. 
Crap yes. I remember people say it is slow! Oppa power will need to be very strong for this one. Jun Ho is on "pending" mode for adoption right now. I did try Wok of Love but couldn't continue. I only really liked him in Confession.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

What @mademoiselle.... you cannot possibly drop TKA...it is Rowoon. Let's just suffer for him. 

:hug:

But okay I agree , the story is not going anywhere ( the leads r/ship is to back & forth)  and I think because it is 20 episodes , it feels like they are dragging the progress. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

37 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

What @mademoiselle.... you cannot possibly drop TKA...it is Rowoon. Let's just suffer for him. 

:hug:

But okay I agree , the story is not going anywhere ( the leads r/ship is to back & forth)  and I think because it is 20 episodes , it feels like they are dragging the progress. 

Lol, that's not me. It's Tofu thinking of dropping 😆 but yeah agree the story is not great at the moment 🥲.

@bairama

You sure YY is not VIP oppa? All your tweets are about him 😅.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Two minutes of IG live and he did this @abs-oluteM

• Haha 3