22 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Wait @Tofu@abs-oluteMJun is just 24 yo what??😱 I thought he's in 30s cos he alrd in business for long !!

Yes... very young but oh well ...as we age all these new oppas will just get younger.:smug:

Good for eye candy ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes... very young but oh well ...as we age all these new oppas will just get younger.:smug:

Good for eye candy ! 

But he looks quite mature ler... so I was a bit shocked. 

I finished Imitation, well it's only 12 eps. Actually the FL really doesn't look like an idol. Jun looks good with La Ri Ma more haha.... Well overall it's an okay for idol drama. I need to take a break and watch other stuff before start Knight. 

Btw how's Jirisan? If there is a lot of Ju Ji Hoon I'll watch again 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

39 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

But he looks quite mature ler... so I was a bit shocked. 

I finished Imitation, well it's only 12 eps. Actually the FL really doesn't look like an idol. Jun looks good with La Ri Ma more haha.... Well overall it's an okay for idol drama. I need to take a break and watch other stuff before start Knight. 

Jirisan, I gave up as well. I cannot focus ...can't pinpoint why. Maybe I have too many other dramas . Also I have to say I never could finish any of the FL's shows :hug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I didn't watch Games of Throne or Bridgeton either. I refuse to follow the bandwagon just coz, not even after people gasping in disbelief that I said I'm not watching. I did sort of knew some stuff here and there because everyone at work talks about it. I watched Stranger Things because it was recommended & easily accessible on NF. S1 was enjoyable but not S2 and lost interest in S3 now. On the other hand, I enjoyed The Witcher 'coz Henry Cavill is 

I didn't watch Bridgerton either. I guess, I kind of prefer Asian shows a lot of the times because they are more relatable to me. Definitely agreed that Henry Cavill is love -- the only reason why I watched Superman. :laugh:

You have to like crazy to enjoy Thai lakorns. Haha!

Really? I'd imagine to be the same as any other regions making dramas with various genres.

It's Penthouse level, maybe even more intense? They are really into the main leads hating each other, trying to harm/kill each other, and then falling in love after. I also don't like that sometimes the leads meet because one if sexually assaulted (e.g. raped, drugged, etc.). 

I think watching shows, movies, etc. from other regions is one of the best ways to start that. 
True. It helps easing us into a new thing and also faster in learning that country's languages and/or culture. I learnt new languages through watching TV and finds it faster than learning on papers. I remember history better through TV too hence one of the reasons I'm watching The Red Sleeve and power through 50 episodes of Six Flying Dragon! I had wanted to continue with Deep Rooted Tree but got tired of learning history hahahaha!

Yes, agreed! I think I learn and remember history better when it's through TV (dramas, documentaries, etc.). I cannot believe you set through Six Flying Dragon! I think I watched the beginning and then the end. LOL!!

YAMG was wayyyyy too sweet for me. I didn't think it was pertinent for me to finish since I already read the novel. I do realized that literally everyone in this forum loved YAMG though.
I liked the drama better in the sense that I have the beautiful visuals of both YY and Dilreba. But you know what? I think I'd still rather take on this sweetness over the aegyo in Hometown CCC.

I dropped Hometown CCC too. 

giphy.gif

Crap yes. I remember people say it is slow! Oppa power will need to be very strong for this one. Jun Ho is on "pending" mode for adoption right now. I did try Wok of Love but couldn't continue. I only really liked him in Confession

I finished Wok of Love but I can't remember why I watched it to the end because it wasn't that great...haha!

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You sure YY is not VIP oppa? All your tweets are about him 😅.

I think @bairama said she liked him together with Dilireba but at this point, I think he is also, at least, VIP level. 

I don't think I have any God level oppas -- do I consider Jun God level now that I've watched all his dramas? :lmao2:

@SilverMoonTea He was such a baby when he debuted in UKiss. Haha! The new surge of male leads are all around their mid-20s. I stopped thinking actors are older than me when they look mature because I find out later that I'm still older. :laugh:

• Haha 5

Hahahaha @Tofu that's a nice cut. Makes me wanna watch the show - the kisses are :wow: and looks like they were childhood friends and started developing feelings, or at least the guy is already in love with her. Hehe. I also love that you're calling him LDH's son :laugh:. Both his son (Ryeo Un) and daughter are all grown up. Daughter is in Our Beloved Summer (the gold hair) and might have loveline with Woo Sik, don't you think?

So what's your friend's verdict on this show? Ryeo Un was so handsome in 18 Again that I called dibs on him :laugh:(and Choi Bo Min). Ahhhh so many good looking guys in 18 Again. :love:

@SilverMoonTea Re: Jun being young. When you reach a certain age, all good-looking Oppa becomes younger than you... so don't need to worry about age. Just enjoy the visual.

• Haha 5

Friendddddsssss! How is everyone going?!? How are your lives and your Oppa collections going?

Who is your current favourite @SilverMoonTea? I feel so out of touch since I haven't visited here in ages! :letalQQ:

It's too hard to balance all my different varying dramas as well - Behind in all my dramas and then I get indecisive about what to watch....should I go for my beloved zombie couple in Happiness or worry for all the amazing characters watching The King's Affection or watch the train wreck that is the impending affair in Melancholia? Hahahaha my behindness in dramas are stressing me out :psweatduck::laugh:

I'm only up to date with my Taiwanese drama...and damn, I'm having a strong Oppa crush on Paul Fu.....can you blame me though? :idk: I think @abs-oluteM's influence has rubbed off on me...

LFPhgqj.png

• Haha 5

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I think @abs-oluteM's influence has rubbed off on me...

ahahahah... isn't this a good criteria for oppa adoption?

My current loves...  I am increasing Team Lee oppas 

Lee Jun Ho in The Red Sleeve

Lee Jun Young 

And my long time oppa love Lee Dong Wook has new drama soon

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

@bairama

You sure YY is not VIP oppa? All your tweets are about him 😅.

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think @bairama said she liked him together with Dilireba but at this point, I think he is also, at least, VIP level. 

🤣🤣 this would be hard to understand I'm not blaming yall if you think that way BUT he isn't yet.. Yes I simp over his handsome level, some values, other talent as I see him closer bcs ship frying agenda looooool 🤡🤡🤡 he is on my full attention now and I repeat he is so handsome naturally most of time sweetypieeeee.

This kinda reminds me of HyunJi shipping makes me add KSH & SYJ to my faves bcs I learn more about them, but at that time I can't be too active so its more lowkey.

For YY I need his other works performance that amaze me beside YAMG then he can(??) ✌

• Haha 7

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Friendddddsssss! How is everyone going?!? How are your lives and your Oppa collections going?

Who is your current favourite @SilverMoonTea? I feel so out of touch since I haven't visited here in ages! :letalQQ:

Jenllll hahahaha halooo.... wah you come back and already give goodies to @abs-oluteM:Ghastlel: 

No new adoption yet, Jun from Ukiss boyband kind of cute and Taecyeon too. But you know they haven't pull the cord of my heart yet :idk:

I'm also kind of busy with work nowadays. Hope Xmas coming soon and things will slowdown :cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Daughter is in Our Beloved Summer (the gold hair) and might have loveline with Woo Sik, don't you think?

OMG, that's her?! I didn't recognize her because of the blond hair! :shocked2:

She told me that it's three stories and his story is from episode 3-5. Naturally, I got curious so I watched it. Each episode is short (roughly 30-ish minutes long). The storyline is tropey but their chemistry is fire. I found it to be enjoyable because of how great the chemistry is between them -- you can feel that teenage tension of wanting something more but not knowing if the other person feels the same. Ryeoun is also shirtless a lot. Hahaha!! 

I also realized that he's only a year younger than my current fav, Jun. I guess he's not much of a baby anymore but he will probably forever be Lee Do Hyun's son to me. :laugh:

If anyone wants a shorter clip of LDH's son, here is it. Feel free to watch him in Adult Trainee (ep3-5).

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ryeo Un was so handsome in 18 Again that I called dibs on him (and Choi Bo Min). Ahhhh so many good looking guys in 18 Again. 

Ryeoun can definitely be adoptable after watching him in Adult Trainee, but right now I only have eyes for Jun. Hahaha! 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My current loves...  I am increasing Team Lee oppas 

Lee Jun Ho in The Red Sleeve

I agreed! The other actor where I've watched all their drama projects is Lee Je Hoon. I guess I am more drawn to the Lee oppas too.

@JenL I need to catch up on all the Paul goodness. I will binge it this week considering I don't have any more Jun projects to watch. 😭

@bairama I think when one does that, he is considered a VIP oppa because he is living rent free in your mind all the time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

@bairama I think when one does that, he is considered a VIP oppa because he is living rent free in your mind all the time. 

but the living rent free more like: guys, OMG you twoooo!!! So compatible!!!!!! (With Dilireba)

the jigsaw is fun :MewGiggle:

KSH added to VIP because: IOTNBO + The Producers + Secretly Greatly + The Thieves

also SYJ, I added her: IOTNBO + Save Me and her movies

for my ult ship can I call it as luxury yacht (VIP ship) rn: YangDi? :laugh:

• Like 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Somehow I didn't know LDW is also your Oppa!

@bairama I think you're just in denial like Choco. If you were posting Dilreba and YY's pics together, then it'd be more convincing that it's a package deal but you're swooning at his pictures alone and is even more updated about him than us (or me), that just means he's Oppa at a top tier level :laugh:. Think @Tofu you should do a quiz thing, if she satisfies some criteria, it means it's top VIP tier level. Hahaha.

@Tofu Your friend is right. Late last night I saw a weibo post and the comments said exactly the same thing - just watch episode 3-5. I think I will check it out coz I do like the kiss at the theme park where he picks her up and kissed. Ryeo Un's still very skinny even though it's telling he's tried to beef up.

@abs-oluteM @Tofu Korea is filled with Kim's and Lee's. I think in total, we've lotsa Oppa with these family names.

@ssteph You asked how I learn & remember history from sageuk drama...

Spoiler

If the history/person is intrgues me I'd search Google and read more about it while watching the drama. The drama might not depict the history exactly so I'd read e.g. Wikipedia (Eng + Chi) to get an idea of the real history. Also I find it much easier to remember the historical figure when I could put a face to them i.e. link the actor to the historical figure. For example, I can remember the sequence Sukjong → Yeonjo → Crown Prince Sado → Jeongjo because it was played by Choi Min Soo → Yeo Jin Goo/Kim Sang Ho → Yoo Ah In → So Ji Sub/Hyun Bin/Lee Jun Ho.

King Sejong, I'd think is easier for you because you can link him to Song Joong Ki. For me, I just learnt it elsewhere from another drama that Sejong The Great is "The Great" because he invented Hangul and something else that measure time if not mistaken and did many great things. I read about Goryeo's General Choi Young too when I watched Faith. General Yi Soon Shin I think we can't not know him because he's so famous with the turtle ship. I don't necessarily remember every details so if I come across the same person again, I'd read about it again to refresh memory.

I hope this answers your question 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Somehow I didn't know LDW is also your Oppa!

ahahah...I have so many , I lost count. But LDW was when I first started watching dramas in 2016. Think it was in Goblin. I know everyone watched it for Gong yoo - KGE story, but my ship was LDW and Yoo In Na. I was overjoyed when they reunited for Touch Your Heart. But not all his shows are my taste especially the early ones like Blade Man and even Wild Romance - I did watch all his shows since Bubble Gum ( except for Strangers From Hell - I still need to pluck up guts to watch this. LOL) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@Tofu's homework:

2021 Oppa Wrap Up

1. First Oppa I liked this year → Song Joong Ki (Vincezo)

856.gif

--- Destroy evidence ---

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahah...I have so many, I lost count. But LDW was when I first started watching dramas in 2016. Think it was in Goblin. I know everyone watched it for Gong yoo - KGE story, but my ship was LDW and Yoo In Na. I was overjoyed when the reunited for Touch Your Heart. But not all his shows are my taste especially the early ones like Blade Man and even Wild Romance - I did watch all his shows since Bubble Gum ( except for Strangers From Hell - I still need to pluck up guts to watch this. LOL) 

True. I only really liked LDW in Goblin. All other dramas he just didn't do it for me. I did not dare go near Blade Man because it already sound super weird on paper. Bubble Gum I tried and dropped. I know he's famous for his older dramas but they were too old I don't want to go backwards. Gumiho had the potential but the story just didn't do justice and I missed his foxy eyes and tails but the production became cheap and stopped showing CG for it.

Edited by mademoiselle
Remove the rest of the 24 entries!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1
41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @Tofu Korea is filled with Kim's and Lee's. I think in total, we've lotsa Oppa with these family names.

I always thought Lee was the most common Korean last name, but it was confirmed as Kim by my Korean teachers recently :MewHi:

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

10. An Oppa's project I was disappointed by → Nevertheless, Lovers of the Red Sky

Haha I thought people loved Lovers of the Red Sky and it had a happy ending , but my friend also disliked the ending. Please spoil...what made you dislike it? I don't plan to watch but I'm curious! :MonkaTang:

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

15. An Oppa I wished didn't have a beard or mustache → Lee Je Hoon for Move to Heaven.

Hahahaha I forgot about this. I think it was so bad that I auto erased from my memory :laugh:

On 11/30/2021 at 1:09 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

hahaha selective watching :laugh:

On 11/30/2021 at 1:50 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Jirisan, I gave up as well. I cannot focus ...can't pinpoint why. 

Yeah, the show was messy and I think there's so much on...and the competition is more enticing, so have to make some sacrifices... :idk:

On 11/30/2021 at 12:06 PM, Tofu said:

I dropped Hometown CCC too. 

Hahaha I don't blame you. The romance was too much for me :SquirtlePuke:. But they hooked me in with the 3 mysteries...I like guessing things so they got my weakness :idk:

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Re: Jun being young. When you reach a certain age, all good-looking Oppa becomes younger than you... so don't need to worry about age. Just enjoy the visual.

I think we are all reaching a certan age :psweatduck::lenny:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

13 minutes ago, JenL said:

I always thought Lee was the most common Korean last name, but it was confirmed as Kim by my Korean teachers recently

Yeah there are more Kim-ssi.

I just did a count for Oppa with highest count for the below surnames:

Kim - 9

Lee - 8 (might be tie later when I adopt Lee Jun Ho)

Park - 6

Please spoil...what made you dislike it?

Story-telling was very bad. Mystical characters introduced into the drama but the show never bothered to explain what/who they are. Ahn Hyo Seop has an alter ego and a revenge planned from many years ago but the show never tell us how a blind man was able to assemble followers etc. His revenge basically went down the drain just from the King telling him it wasn't the Royal family who was responsible for his father's death, it was the evil demon in him possessed him and "he" killed his own father. And he believed the King, JUST LIKE THAT, after all these years of firm belief the King or King's father was responsible.

Hahahaha I forgot about this. I think it was so bad that I auto erased from my memory

I think this one is more bearable than Anarchist from Colony.

@JenL Did you watch Jirisan too? @Chocolate you are still watching, right? Can you update us on Jirisan, please?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6