Healer of Children 了不起的儿科医生 [2020]

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

in top 5 i will say....it does get into top 2 one or twice too....till the Flowing River start airing i guess

https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-sg/了不起的儿科医生

Oh it's actually managed to get into top 1 around eps when their romance start to flourish. 

The wiki chinese also have the age difference of Deng & Jiao its 32 y.o and 26 y.o. 

• Like 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

not really selling the drama cos its super long (44 eps) haha

As a more recent avid C-Drama watcher, 44 episodes is pretty average. All the ones I've watched ranged from 36 episodes and up. Only a few has been around the 24 episodes range. I never thought I would ever watch a drama more than 20 episodes, but here I am. I've seen at least 10 dramas that are 24+ episodes since the summer. :laugh:

The video clip was cute! I'll have to save this for later when my schedule is a bit more free -- watching too many dramas right now. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For me anything 50 episodes and under is fine as long as the show is able to grab my interest even moderately in those early episodes. 44 episodes isn't exactly a problem if I'm interested.

With this one, the first episode put me right off. It was full of cliches right from the word "go". The male lead is the typical arrogant jerk and the female lead can do nothing right in those early days. And for some reason I have never been able to warm up to any C medical dramas. This coming from someone who loves medical dramas and loved Hospital Playlist. They just don't work for me. I feel lectured to. They're v. preachy -- more so than usual. Maybe they feel too much like I'm at the hospital waiting for me to go into the final stage of labour after being given an epidural block.

(I lived through a 27 hour labour and it is worse than having teeth pulled)

So I stick with crime dramas and usually that works.

• Like 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

16 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Thanks for drop by @40somethingahjumma♥️, actually I also watched the ep 1 a bit long time ago. Pick this back up cos im a bit dramaless and after seeing the cute couple clip. Tbh the first 3-5 eps also quite torturing for me. Was thinking going to drop it. But it slowly getting into me, and by around ep 10 I already sign up to it. 

and i actually need times to get past ChenXiao's arrogant eyes lols.....cause somehow he up that level a bit lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

and i actually need times to get past ChenXiao's arrogant eyes lols.....cause somehow he up that level a bit lols

What is arrogant eyes? Haha! But I do agreed that sometimes if one of the leads come off too arrogant, it's hard to see past that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Yeah, I know. I'm not a fan of Chen Xiao although I managed to finish the Legend of Dugu. 

Anyway, there are tons of other C dramas. Far too many. I'm watching one called The Case Solver at the moment. No subs sadly. But I'm gradually warming up to Jason Gu. He's not bad for an idol actor.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:54 PM, NiteWalker said:

he has this way to glare at you....

im never a fan of his eyes....and his gaze or look sometimes make me cringe i guess in a sense

I googled up his name to find more pictures of him and I can understand now. Haha! I will still support @SilverMoonTea in all her endeavors with her oppas. Love is love, right? :smug:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

its a pretty good drama actually....some of the reactions of the patients is pretty close to the home base

I agree once pass few first episodes, the drama has pretty good content. The patient family & the kids all have good storyline. 

Also ocasionally there is a guy who narrating the background. I was annoyed at first, but then getting used to it later. 

The leukimia girl & the suicide boy hit me the most. It was bittersweet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mouse said:

@SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker is this good? It looks like something I would like....

not too bad....though i had stop at episode 6.....

@SilverMoonTea promise that it will get better.....after episode 10 hahahaha....

though you are a person with kids.....u might grit your teeth against some of the actions of the parents....the very first episode had me shaking my head!

• Like 1

@MouseIt's started slow, and need to get used with the format, there is some narrator sometimes will tell the story. Which I found it unnecessary.

The ML quite overbearing at first, but after around ep 10 I already engaged with the drama. The side characters also interesting so I don't get bored. 

The romance is the most rewarding I've seen for C drama recently. It's slowburn but very natural. And I like how he tease her as she's without any love experience (she just have some crush on her old hometown). You can check the clip I posted above, they're so cute! 

The patients and their family story, some a bit similar to Chocolate (kdrama), quite heartwrenching, and some parents indeed will upset you, like @NiteWalkersaid)

Having said all that, I completed 44 eps. Really big milestones for me. Cos as you all know, even 16 eps K drama had me sweating all the time and I often dropped it haha.... 

Hope you'll enjoy it. I think @UnniSaramaybe also will try this. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1