A Tale of the Wanderers / Word of Honor 山河令 [2021]

Tofu

I could only muster up enough energy to watch half of eps 1...ZZH does look handsome and yet to have his facial hair. Think there will be a flashback...and I saw a comment that asked when he will have his facial hair removed ...ahaha someone mentioned eps 6 :Ghastlel:

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Some people just don't look good with facial hairs, it age them too much (e.g. Lee Je Hoon :cry:). In Zhang Zhe Han's case, the makeup was kind of ruining it for me. I'm glad that he no longer has facial hair after a few episodes. Let's hope it stays that way throughout the drama. :yoongibtspls: Although, I shouldn't be complaining about the makeup because in Thai lakorns, their facial hair makeup are worse. :laugh:

@abs-oluteM - Here's the highlight clips if you want to see again -- why is he so sweaty if he's not wearing clothes? :pandathink:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I  do dislike this character WKX's maid because she is to childish and a little selfish ( lack of morals in some situation) . But care for the unfortunate. She rather confuses me sometimes. 
 Check this out 

I am quite surprised at the turn out of this drama. I have to say I get the vibe 100% of BL in this drama. The script is just so well written, the cinematography of the drama is so beautiful.  The cast has done a great job potraying their characters. 

Wen Ke Xing is truly a funny guy and really curious about Zhou Zi Shu. The way he stares at him and enjoys watching him fight is so cute. 

Zhang Cheng Lin is so cute and has form an attachment to ZZS. I believe he reminds ZZS of his Junior (Qin Jiu Xiao) who died a year and a half ago. Losing his family has made ZZS lose the will to go on. He regrets  helping Prince Jin with his dream of becoming Emperor. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

We I just started reading the novel it is kinda relaxing when reading it. 
https://sparklingwatertrans.wordpress.com/projects/faraway-wanderers/

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

The new posters are nice!

A11LfmX.jpg

rZduAVY.jpg

Spoiler

On 2/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, UnniSara said:

I have to say I get the vibe 100% of BL in this drama.

I agreed too. I think it is more apparent here than it was in Untamed. 

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, Tofu said:

The airing on this drama marks the first BL drama to air in 2021 with lots more rumored to air this year (Immortality, A League of Nobleman, Sha Po Lang, etc.). 

Nothing against BL genre, but it's so surprising that more BLs are on the way even while censorship is snipping so much off of historical and fantasy genres, and even metropolis genre:idk:, that they deemed contain values that are "unsuitable" and "unhealthy" and even "unfriendly" to family values... where's the logic? :thinking::idk: What about creative licenses for production crews and viewers at large?:cry:

I'd watch this for ZZH and GJ if only... oh well... I'd sit on the fence and see how it pans out...:PiplupCry:

21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Word of Honor top the chart for yesterday rating

1. Word of Honor

2. The Sword & The Brocade

3. My Heroic Husband

How did it even topple TSaTB? Perhaps still too early to tell... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@Tofu @oppasaranghaeyo The Novel is hilarious. I can’t stop laughing. There is a big surprise if you read it. So read if you want or not . 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

The novel is so good that Zi have share some good moments 

Spoiler

Chapter  9 

Zhou Zishu felt annoyance creeping up the moment he glanced at that person. He saw Wen Kexing saluting him smilingly, “Ah, how coincidental, Brother Zhou. Seems like we are fated after all; only soulmates would keep crossing paths under the moonlight like this.”

Zhou Zishu smiled back, “Truly coincidental isn’t it, Brother Wen?”

Coincidental my ass, you pestilence, he thought.

Chapter 10

Suddenly, Zhou Zishu’s ears caught on to something. He shouted, “Who’s there?”

Behind the tree, a shadow appeared and flew away, looking like a giant bat and disappearing almost instantly. Without hesitation, Zhou Zishu went after it.

Wen Kexing still stood there, mumbling, “I’m scared of dying, scared of dying… Hmm… that’s why I can’t stay here alone.” Then he followed suit.

Chapter 12

Then he bent down to pick up the young girl, patting her back and speaking to her with a gentle voice, “Where are you from, how did you get here?”

Wen kexing laughed mockingly at that. “You should rather ask her what kind of demon she is. Why did you save her anyway?”

The girl didn’t say anything, only burrowing herself deeper into Zhou Zishu’s embrace.

Zhou Zishu stopped asking, saying to Wen Kexing, “For gathering merits.”

Chapter 13 

Wen Kexing thought about how he at least knew what “three directions and eight trigrams” actually was and felt a sense of intellectual superiority; but after he remembered that Zhou Zishu sold himself for two silvers, the superiority fell flat. So he sat down beside the injured man, tilting his head to look at the wound, somewhat delighted at the other’s misfortune, “Serves you right for treating a monster like a little girl.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@UnniSara - Some of the novel excerpts were funny. :laugh:

23 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Nothing against BL genre, but it's so surprising that more BLs are on the way even while censorship is snipping so much off of historical and fantasy genres, and even metropolis genre:idk:, that they deemed contain values that are "unsuitable" and "unhealthy" and even "unfriendly" to family values... where's the logic? :thinking::idk: What about creative licenses for production crews and viewers at large?:cry:

I agreed that there are some dramas/scenes in dramas that are deemed unsuitable when that's far from what it is. Besides there being something available for LGBTQ+ watchers, I think another thing that drives the BL drama trend is money. There's a lot of money to be made within this genre and a lot of popularity to come out of it for the actors. 

By the way, whoever is running the YouKu Twitter right now is hilarious! :eeeee:

Some new photos:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Tofu said:

I think another thing that drives the BL drama trend is money. There's a lot of money to be made within this genre and a lot of popularity to come out of it for the actors. 

Yeah you're right. Looking at The Untamed and Guardian, indeed a lot of money, and a lot of glory as well. The C-market seems to be "starved" of BL or LGBTQ entertainment. The interest (or perhaps curiosity) is unbelievable!

3 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

I am not into the plot but ZZH and GJ are irresistible. 

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha same with me....im here just to see their clips and pictures.....

Haha me three! I'm a random cuts fan:laugh: 

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Word of Honor maintain Top 3 in Mar/02 rating chart

You're spot on. TSnTB has overtaken their top spot. :love:

• Like 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

I finally caught up to the latest chapter chapter of the novel and let me say. Wow wow 

This novel has me swooning all over the place. 
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886kg9e6ghq8ls7qq8657

Now going to watch episode 5 &6 

I find this drama so refreshing, each cast captured the essence of their character so well. I am truly loving this drama. 

• Haha 1

Other hilarious moments from the novel.

Chapter 14 

The man forced out broken words with great difficulty, “Mas… ‘s… m…”

Wen Kexing’s lips curled, and with a “Crack!”, the man convulsed and went still.

Zhou Zishu didn’t bother to look back. “There is no such thing as a free lunch; and even you don’t want it yourself, so why must I? Don’t you have desires too, charitable Brother Wen?”

Chapter 16 

Wen Ke Xin has found the perfect silly boy to help him seduce  his soulmate ZhouZi Shu. As he observed them too, he kept getting the vibe that ZZS and WKX are a couple. He was also willing to get them one room. I couldn’t stop laughing when I was reading this chapter. 

Chapter 24 

Before Zhang Chengling could fully take in what he meant, they heard a clueless Cao Weining lamented beside them. “I always feel like you two being together is a little strange, considering that you are both men; but after today I have finally understood: Being men or women has nothing to do with someone who is able to understand you with a mere few words, someone who can complete you like a pair of immortal soulmates.”

Ye Baiyi paid no mind to those, looking at him with indifference. His next sentence was, “I see that your breathing is stagnant and your movements are heavy; whatever you’re burdened with is now beyond cure. But how strange is it that someone like you can possess such a vital spirit?”

It was as if Ye Baiyi was wearing filtering nets on his ears as he shot down all of that nonsense. He didn’t wait for Zhou Zishu to finish before replying, “Everyone who are near death will at least show some signs4 and have to endure suffering beyond words, but you’re still here indulging in luxuries. This shows that you definitely have some serious experience under your belt – since when did such individuals emerge in our pugilist scene…” Then he turned and walked away, completely ignoring Zhou Zishu.

After having left a great distance between them, he seemed to remember something and turned his head back towards the man behind him, “If you don’t mind, treat me to wine some day.”

As if doing that would be my one of my greatest life achievements or something, Zhou Zishu thought silently.  

The novel captured my attention and I couldn’t put it down , I even had hard time going to sleep. That is how good it is.  There were some sweet moment where it felt like this romance was sweet . It turns out the MC and ML are both SHAMELESS. Smh smh 

• Like 1

Episode 5&6 was really good.

Changlin missed his shifu and was so sad. He didn’t know his shifu was there watching over him. Meeting these clan leaders that are a part of the 5 Lake Alliances just disturbed me. It all smelled so fishy.  I have only been able to like 1 from the Alliance ans 1 from the Sect. 

WKS tried his best to get close to ZSZ but he would always push him away. It was quite hilarious. His mask is off now and WKS really like his face. Chevalier Shen really disgust me and he is so mean to Chang Ling . His arrogance is annoying. I was happy to see The Green Vixen and can’t  wait to see what will happen with her and ZSZ. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867c8a8d3683c572fe7b

• Like 1