Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

@40somethingahjumma YES! I was not completely on board this drama at the beginning but each episode keeps getting better and better. I'm completely invested now. I was not confused by the kiss scene either and agreed with everything you said about it. 

This kind soul translated the behind the scene for episode 9-10. =)

Yesterday's progression in their relationship :wow:

DL-07.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 1
13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The show certainly makes a strong case for individual responsibility and the possibility of change but it also says via Won Tak as mouthpiece that many from underprivileged backgrounds will need a helping hand or a leg up along the way. From there it's up to them to find their own way once they know that there are people cheering them on.

It's also part of that messaging about how individuals can make a difference in their own lives. No doubt a talent for making money helps someone like him to become rich but not all of us need to be that rich nor will be ever be. However what everyone needs to do is to find something we're good at and do it well.

I agree on this point, I also noticed how this show focuses on the self and fighting for itself for love and self-satisfaction, which reminds me of Mohak's words to Won Tak (Why didn't you repeat that request and why didn't you seek what you wanted again) It seems Won Tak is satisfied with something Less because he thinks he doesn't deserve more. That's why we see him underestimating things about him and not taking care of himself.Is he satisfied with himself? It doesn't seem like much to me in some ways, but maybe we'll see more of his story...😅

Also, this show focuses on the reality of society and people, for example, how we saw the scene of the restaurant facing Mo Hak and Tae Jin, it is striking how Tae Jin lowers his level and He looks at people below him in an inferior manner, despite being a famous and richer businessman, but he is neither self-satisfied nor happy, unlike Mo Hack, and he was able to defend himself or defend something understandable to him without the need to go down his level and this shows that he is proud In his work and doing things that he loves, although there are people who make fun of him and belittle his work and effort..

We see many characters in this show, how there are people who look at others and their efforts and success, and we see that there are two types, the first focuses on himself and his success without the need to look at others and what they lack, and also without sarcasm at the efforts of others, no matter what they did..

It reminds me of episode 7 how this woman is in The museum (I don't know what her name is, but she works with Dali) when I saw her saying at the beginning of the opening of the museum and before the visitors came, she was saying (Where is this stupid , we need him, etc) and it's also kind of funny after the end of the museum's opening, she was going out and belittling what MoHack is doing and saying that He just fixes his mistake, while she doesn't look at herself, did she do anything for the museum (I'm talking about how she's been working in the museum for a long time but in emergency she didn't think of anything? is that normal 🤔? Why did she take her time 3 hours to find something as a gift for the designer to apologize and she didn't have anything with her Plans and suggestions in order to convince the designer to work with them?🤭but yeah "he just fix his mistake" and she did her job well lmao.:idk:. The other type is the opposite. There are people who focus on others and don't  anything for themselves and can simply mock others and judge things because they feel inferior and dissatisfied with themselves and we see these characters a lot. 

@40somethingahjumma about your point on lead up to the kissing scene, I agree with you,You explained it well Indeed, Mohak's character isn't really ruined, he is simply very frank and expresses his opinion and can say something cruel and hurtful and of course when he gets angry or feels deceived as if someone is deceiving him or manipulating his mind he will say harsh and hurtful words.

Now about his sentence ( you simply has to give him 2 million and i can get out simply,..) if they are according to their agreement    " they are just the creditor and the debtor and nothing more?" I mean, isn't that what the creditor do to say "give me the money whatever way"?

We saw how they can hit the debtor for their wanting them brought money as it happened to this girl Gong-ju, and also see how Tae Jin behaves with Dali in many ways, let me mention a scene in episode 9, look how Dali receives her call from Tae Jin saying him "because you paid the money to the gallery so of course I have to come and see the followers". Isn't what Tae Jin does to Dali as if she's his toy, can he cheat on her with the pretext of business or personal? Just because he gave her money and she has to do whatever he says for the gallery, it's true that she told Tae Jin about their personal relationship ended but she wasn't cruel more what should And she couldn't say anything to Tae Jin, especially when he took her to Mo Hak's restaurant, he was cunning with her and answers the questions cunningly and really know her well enough how to bring her to a room, and then when she asked about the other followers and about the people, look how he answered!:mad:why didn't  She reacts more strongly, confronts him, or forces him to limit?? I mean, it is very clear that he is still going after her and taking her under the pretext of work.

In my opinion, when he answered that they didn't come and the date is postponed, she was supposed to leave as long as there were no visitors and there was nothing about work, right?? But she allows him to go so far as to make her stupid and incapable of anything and let him give her a plate and so that everyone and the employees look them like they have a relationship even the Senator knows and says it, so on... That's why there is a point of view Moo Hak when he said this way because something is wrong and what she is doing is wrong, sth her behaviour with tai jin (I wonder what their relationship really was, was it a possessive one? That it was easy for him to make her do whatever he wanted? according  how he says about her as if she's incapable and weak🤔) also  she only wanted from mohak a relationship between the debtor and the debtor and nothing more, and she didn't accept that she had feelings for him in the end, they both realized that they aren't just the debtor and the debtor as they delusioned themselves and realized how they They were close to each other as they wished in Netherlands when they admitted that they had a special bond, but because of Dali’s death and many problems, and how he believed that she was deceiving him, and for this he wanted to be arrogant and only act be as CREDITOR  because he didn't want this trick as it happened to him and when Dali suddenly kissed him And it messed with his mind and gave him hope and suddenly again she says it was a mistake and this really broke him and drive him crayz.

The more denying and ignoring something that they have a special connection and that they are close, they feel exhausted, especially when they see them being with someone else, it was natural for them to kiss each other because they felt many things as happened to the first kiss How strangely it made Dali to kiss him suddenly but she didn't understand Why so, they simply had to accept that they are close and have feelings for each other and this is what actually happened.😁As it happened in the Netherlands, how they experienced a lot in one day. They argued, agreed, laughed with each other, and ate, as they said at the beginning, about a special bond, so it is not surprising to see them like this leading to kisses. Haha

what I mean also if I am close to someone like Dali and she behaved like this with her ex-fiancé and she was not cruel and allowed him to be fooled by her, I would really tell her harshly and that she should be brave as she did when she heard about visitors through Mo Hak And how she went to him and confronted and how she defended Won Tak and how she is able to deal with some problems as Mo Hak noticed. That's why he told her that she is more brave than she thinks, but she needs to have more confidence in herself and be more brave, especially with Tae Jin. ..What moo hak said to her really harsh but also indeed  to show her what's wrong, to make her more brave.If it wasn't Mo Hack, who would tell her? No one would says that to her and everyone around her behaves more nicely with her as Gong ju said..even Won Tae wouldn't have told her about her mistakes and the most he could do is scold men and tell them warnings lmao 😁..In all honesty, we all have to do something on our own and that We learn how to defend ourselves right?

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

Hello @Hanin. Welcome to Jang Haven and to the thread. So glad to read you here. 

Am actually surprised that people didn't expect the kiss or were confused. I thought it was so hot ...all the tension built up and exploded at just the right time.  :pandalove:.   I think initially it wasn't quite easy for a lot of viewers to have a ML like Moo Hak. He isn't  the typical tsundere lead, or the cool and swoony sort. He is so loud and he can yell at you even when he loves you that you may think he's your dad or something.  But that's exactly why I love him because you get what you see. He is honest & hardworking. He's got such a good head on his shoulders. And you get that assurance that he will keep his word , that if he says he's gonna do something, he won't quit. That's what Dali saw in him from the start. 

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hello @Hanin. Welcome to Jang Haven and to the thread. So glad to read you here. 

I think initially it wasn't quite easy for a lot of viewers to have a ML like Moo Hak. He isn't  the typical tsundere lead, or the cool and swoony sort. He is so loud and he can yell at you even when he loves you that you may think he's your dad or something.  But that's exactly why I love him because you get what you see. He is honest & hardworking. He's got such a good head on his shoulders. And you get that assurance that he will keep his word , that if he says he's gonna do something, he won't quit. That's what Dali saw in him from the start. 

@abs-oluteM Hi 🙋🏻‍♀️ I am glad to come to Jang Haven and to interact with you..it is the first time that I come so I need time to understand how the site works lol.:laugh:

well it is normal for viewers to have different viewpoints, and this is due to what they think and the nature of their upbringing.. The problem these days is that there are misconceptions regarding equality between men and women and about feminism, etc.. That is why when they heard what Mo Hack said so to them they see this is an insult. this is all, but  they didn't think if what he said to her was a point of view and how concepts and standards, and they didn't say about Dali’s behavior with her ex-fiancé..There are people who simply think the young man should always say nice words with their love and something that the beloved should always protect His girl like princes, etc.This is because of a lot of drama. They do this and instill thinking in this way, but in real life it doesn't happen like this, and that is why I like this show, simply their relationship as if they have found their life partner and soulmate who learn each other and can talk about work and personal .. I rarely find this type in drama 😁and same I love Moo Hak and the way he always championed Dali strength and intelligence , while everyone else made her feel incompetent. That is exactly what she needs this in her life and what she can learn from him.

Example, we saw Won Tak when he said her " The owner should have access to the TV" and Dali  believed him which we saw what she said to Mo Hak " its only right for the owner to sleep in the living room" 😭😂😂 It saddens me how sometimes she is so naive and doesn't distinguish between compliment and honesty... That's why I really wondered what her personality was like when she was with Tae Jin? Is that why Tae Jin told Mohak that she is a girl who lives only books and art, speaks as if she is naive and easy to deceive..

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Welcome @Hanin!! I loved reading your posts about this drama. :heart:

On 10/23/2021 at 10:41 AM, Hanin said:

Example, we saw Won Tak when he said her " The owner should have access to the TV" and Dali  believed him which we saw what she said to Mo Hak " its only right for the owner to sleep in the living room"

OMGGG!! I forgot all about this. This is why she told him that she left the living room for him. :lmao2::lmao2:

This was from the preview for this week's episodes. Seems like TJ is going to see them, but he probably won't stop. :GengarPout:

DL-08v2.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@Tofu I have fallen for a hug where the guy put their big hand on the back of the girl's head... this is all thanks to YY in YAMG :wow: Gaaah can't believe KMJ is doing it too. A hug is already comforting enough but the hand on the head just adds an extra comforting and love to the whole package! :heart:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 6
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

A hug is already comforting enough but the hand on the head just adds an extra comforting and love to the whole package!

YESSSSSSSS! I agreed! I think there's a level of comfort and endearment when someone does that. :heart:

• Heart Eyes 6

Kim Min Jae And Park Gyu Young Are Head Over Heels For Each Other In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

dali-and-cocky-prince6.jpg

Get ready for sweet moments between Kim Min Jae and Park Gyu Young in “Dali and Cocky Prince”!

The romantic comedy stars Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Spoilers

While Jin Mu Hak can be a bit ignorant and rude, he’s incredibly resourceful in terms of business and is more realistic than others. After he falls for Kim Dal Li at first sight, he transforms from someone who only used to care about money into someone who truly recognizes and supports Kim Dal Li’s true self. He always tries his best to help her successfully run an art museum as the curator.

Previously, Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dal Li confirmed each other’s feelings through a passionate kiss. When she apologized on Jang Tae Jin’s (Kwon Yool‘s) behalf, he said harsh things to her that he didn’t mean. Kim Dal Li grew furious and slapped Jin Mu Hak, who grabbed her wrist and warned her to stop before he makes a mistake. When she attempted to hit him again, he pulled her in for a deep kiss.

Concerning this scene, Kim Min Jae shared that his line “Stop it. If you don’t, I might not be able to control myself” was really memorable. He remarked, “The viewers told [Jin Mu Hak] to go out of control a lot. I think that’s how much they liked that scene.”

In the new stills, Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dal Li gaze at each other with doting eyes in the curator’s office of Cheongsong Art Gallery, and they even exchange a warm embrace. More photos show the two getting closer without any hesitation, piquing interest about how their romance will unfold in the upcoming episodes.

The drama’s producers shared, “Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dal Li, who confirmed each other’s feelings, will show the sweetest moments in episodes 11 and 12 that will air this week, so please look forward to it.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Heart Eyes 7
20 hours ago, Tofu said:

Welcome @Hanin!! I loved reading your posts about this drama. :heart:

OMGGG!! I forgot all about this. This is why she told him that she left the living room for him. :lmao2::lmao2:

This was from the preview for this week's episodes. Seems like TJ is going to see them, but he probably won't stop. :GengarPout:

@Tofu @ktcjdrama Thank you for your greeting to me, I will try to interact with you.:smile:

@TofuI wanted to put pictures to clarify what Won Tak said to Dali and how Dali says what he said to Mohak, but I didn't know how to put pictures here...but here 👇

spacer.png

Dali really believed wontak when he said the owner should have access to the TV  :lmao2:

spacer.png

The pictures ( HuG) are really touching  and I loved their Hug. yaaaayyy we'll see their romantic scenes seemingly. Really excited.😍
Of course, this bastard won't expect that Dali will love Mo Haak, and surely he won't stop, but his metal will appear that he is lowering his level more and more and will not win..😎

I also heard there is a new ost, tomorrow they will show it I am excited to hear this song and know its lyrics , here is cover with the name of the song apparently👇

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

OST 7

Under the video is a description of the state of disability 👇

The Earth and the Moon are always facing each other, so you cannot see the cratered side of the Moon. In this way, we often hide dark corners with a bright appearance in front of our loved ones. 🥲🥲

'Moon Crater' is a song that creates an atmosphere that is empty and immersed in a dream by combining Kim Ye-ji's unique tone and dreamy accompaniment. (Park Gyu-young) and 'Muhak' (Kim Min-jae), who realized the reality that they could not help directly even after knowing the fact, revealed the bitter and sad feelings.:scaredpanda2:

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

New stills ^ ^

Reveal hidden contents

It seems to me from the pictures that Tae Jin after seeing their Hug,will do something surprising in a restaurant.. Is it the press? Because in Dali's situation and her being an elite, maybe society would be unpopular for them to see her in a relationship with Mo Hak because he is uneducated? I don't know, but for sure there will be a feeling of helplessness in being supportive of her and this will affect him because it is not difficult for him to integrate with this world 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The preview seems to show that MH's folks will seize the museum from Dali...gonna get ugly

This seems to be Tae Jin's plan, he wants to make as if MH's folks did this.. and MH would believe it  and feel that he is making her life worse, not better. 😭 He will really hate himself :cry::nervous: I hatttttte Tae jin!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Party! 1

I really hope Mu Hak doesn’t decide to drop Da-Li because of this incident. I would much prefer to see them weather the storm together. Tae Jin sickens me and I can’t wait for Da-li to realize it’s him behind all of this. 

I skimmed through ep 11 but without the subs, I can’t understand any of it. :cry:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I really hope Mu Hak doesn’t decide to drop Da-Li because of this incident.

For some reason, I can't see this happening. It's not Moo Hak's style to do something like this. 

I haven't watched the full episode yet (need to watch it after I finish Reflection), but I saw the ending scene. Moo Hak is definitely one of my favorite male lead this year. I love this character more than Kim Min Jae's Brahms character. :heart:

Dal-Li was worried about how he would react when he finds out she's adopted so she avoided him. When they did meet, she asked him if he saw the news about her being adopted and he was so unfazed by it. Dal-Li asked if he had anything to say about it and he's all like, "Should I?". Moo Hak doesn't strike me as someone who would be bothered by these kinds of things because he grew up with nothing. I love that he tells her his brother is also adopted but that doesn't stop them from being brothers. 

DL-12v2.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

I think I can live on Moo-hak's little monologue at the end of Episode 11 for a few days. :heart: Honestly, I really didn't think I needed anymore to love the guy but apparently I did. His simplicity and common sense really shone through. What's more in an age of divisive tribalism it's a deeply moving and powerful commentary on the superiority of judging people on the content of their character rather than on the basis of immutable characteristics. Children do indeed have complex relationships with their children but more importantly the pedigree of your family background says very little about the child or parent's character.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but what this show continues to do supremely well is Moo-hak and Da-li's dynamic. While I have no doubt that they are (as are we) bound for an angsty period, I hope that they will hold on to one another no matter what. Regardless of what the trashy people around throw at them, I hope they will defy K drama convention and stay together to fight off the evil people. After what was said at the end of the episode, I can better understand why Moo-hak has no delusions about his family especially his father or why his sense of family loyalty seems pragmatic. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he walks aways from them. That his father was cheating on his mother while she was ill is just... horrifying and for a school age kid to have to witness all that... It explains some of the cynicism and bravado. Lying to his father about the land registers made a lot more sense. But I'm sure his BS radar has picked up on Jang Tae-jin's involvement in the green belt land fiasco and the fact that the stepbrother knows about it.

The question then is... can Moo-hak do what Tae-jin couldn't? Can he walk away from his family demands for Da-li's sake? History is on the verge of repeating itself. Not to pre-empt anything but if there's anybody who can, it's Moo-hak. Because he began with nothing and built something up from scratch. His wisdom doesn't come from having been overeducated at prestigious centres of learning but from the university of hard knocks. 

Just when you think Jang Tae-jin can't fall any lower as a human being, he sinks further still. Destroying Da-li to get her back? How is that a good idea? In any language. Even if he thinks that this will force Moo-hak to head for the exit, does he believe that Da-li will want him back after she finds out what he's been up to? Or does he not think she will? I don't want t understand him. I don't think he understands Moo-hak. From what he said at the restaurant in Episode 10 up to now, he thinks that Moo-hak is a younger more crass possibly greedier version of himself. He constantly projects. He believes any man would do exactly what he did five years ago once things get tough, once the truth comes out about Da-li's adoption. That's why he deludes himself into thinking that he's the only who can be by her side. The thought that Moo-hak could be a better man probably doesn't even enter into his thoughts.

I'm glad for the childhood flashbacks because they explain why the leads are what they are today. The scene of little Da-li defending the one-eyed monster from her father was the most moving part of the episode for me. It's when she first met Kim Nak-cheon and genuinely opened up to another human being. It wasn't luck that led her to the success she later achieved but compassion and hard work. I'm glad that father and daughter found each other.

This whole blood is thicker than water thing might feel like so last century but I have no doubt in certain parts of the world it's still used as a weapon against adopted children. The uncle is just awful. It explains the cousin entirely. 

The show is definitely doing a good job of firming up the leads dynamic and why Da-li would fall for Moo-hak. He's the real deal and I'm glad she's got him to rely on. Please showrunners... no noble idiocy... let it be them against the world. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Another great episode. I smiled and I cried.

So everyone close to the family actually knows about Dali being adopted. I love seeing the flashback of the first time the father-daughter met in the museum. We also found out that actually she's been keeping to herself not uttering a word and only spoke when interacting with her father.

I love that while we thought MH was anxious to find Dali because of the unexpected news, it turns out that in his simple mind, he was more concerned about Dali misunderstanding the earlier situation with Chak Hee. The news doesn't bother him at all. This is where MH wins, big-time, over TJ, who heartlessly asked Dali the impossible to be born again as the true heiress of the museum. Does he love her or her status?? Now I understand why Dali was so stunned that TJ found out the truth, and why her father even resorted to kneeling in front of TJ, since in the culture there, it is considered deceiving for marriage. 

I almost changed my mind about TJ and thought he is redeemable, when he specifically asked Congressman Ahn not to hurt Dali in the process of new strategy, and when he furiously asked him to stop all the news. But I guess a tiger can never change its stripes. The moment he saw Dali chooses another man, he has no problem going through with whatever dirty plan Ahn cooked up.

MH isn't bothered about the news, whether the fact that Dali is adopted, or the potential problem of inheritance. What he said is true, she is legally the daughter, so inheritance isn't a problem, just needed more time to clear things out. As for the fact that Dali is adopted, it's clear where he stands. In fact, his father was the one giving it more thoughts, LOL... He has already set his mind to have Dali as his DIL...

The preview though.... :nervous: Somebody needs to put that annoying stepmother in her place. How dare she slapped Dali?? Can we hope for MH's father to do that? He seems to adore Dali.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Moo Hak is definitely one of my favorite male lead this year. I love this character more than Kim Min Jae's Brahms character.

😲 Andwaeeeeee~ don't abdandon poor baby Joon Young. Hahaha. Moo Hak is definitely a way more positive character.

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Somebody needs to put that annoying stepmother in her place. How dare she slapped Dali?

The irony. The last time we saw her, she was the really nice Noona who always support the Brahms couple and here, she's an utter nightmarish, low-class uneducated loud woman! 😵

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The question then is... can Moo-hak do what Tae-jin couldn't? Can he walk away from his family demands for Da-li's sake? History is on the verge of repeating itself. Not to pre-empt anything but if there's anybody who can, it's Moo-hak.

Good point. I definitely think Moo Hak is capable of it. I also think some of the staff will follow him.

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Lying to his father about the land registers made a lot more sense. But I'm sure his BS radar has picked up on Jang Tae-jin's involvement in the green belt land fiasco and the fact that the stepbrother knows about it.

It was definitely a strategic lie. He was trying to force Ki Chul to dish out the person hiding in the background. No doubt Tae Jin later will go to jail for murder. There had to be some link to the piggy USB Moo Hak bought and the one Ki Chul had.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3