Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Isn't it beautiful how he finally draw a person for the first time and that person is his first love and only love. Awww.

What to do The Swoon is making my syndrome getting worse. How should I get over this drama then??

@bai I do think it that way as they narrated in the last episode. The writer is indeed doing her job very well. Many fans in OBS naver channel asking for season 2. Like how Doctor Kim got sequel, hopefully OBS will get it too. Sigh

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
38 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Isn't it beautiful how he finally draw a person for the first time and that person is his first love and only love. Awww.

the proposal is really cute & it is super meaningful to the both. I like how the scene works too, without wedding scene but 'we get it'

cutting the budget but the message still relevant xD it is super cute :heart:

regarding 2nd season or continuation tbh I'm in dilemma & super nervous if it is really there lol its like its already ended sweet. Maybe just a short franchise like continuation of documentary (not necessary full length 2nd season will do)

the special broadcast schedule 9 PM KST

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

appreciated that CR tells JW that people have been telling her that she is like him, but she doesn't want to be like him too much. And so, even though JW never got a chance to confess to his crush, she's confessing to him. It's not clear if they will become a couple or not, but it's good that she told him that she liked him.

I guess they could have done it as a time jump to show them already being a couple, but CR deserves more than that. Heck, she deserves an entire drama of her own where JW comes to realize how much he likes and trusts her, and starts to appreciate her as a woman and not just as the most capable assistant PD.

I would have loved that they had an extra episode ...some sort of spin off just to show what happened to them. CR was my favourite supporting character in this series. I love her honesty especially with JW.

----

So I finally finished the subbed episodes. Love this show from start to finish - and the ending is how you do a rom-com/ slice of life. Everything fell in place and there was closure. The leads' love story was well done with the main message being that 2nd chances are always possible. Relationships require effort and communication. And more importantly for both parties not to remove the other person's agency in decision making. I liked that CW went abroad to study even if it meant them needing to go on a long distance relationship because for once he was proactively doing something for himself. And I liked that YS found peace with her life here and stayed on to wait for him. This is the sort of growth that I always like seeing in romance dramas , where you don't have to sacrifice your own ambitions and goals at the expense of your relationship and vice-versa. 

13 minutes ago, bai said:

regarding 2nd season or continuation tbh I'm in dilemma & super nervous if it is really there lol its like its already ended sweet. Maybe just a short franchise like continuation of documentary (not necessary full length 2nd season will do)

Agreed. I think the drama has given complete closure to us as viewers. From what I see S2 only works well with crime/ legal dramas. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@bai Oh cant wait for tonight!! But wait, do Netflix has it?? If it is not on NF then we cant watch it as fast as how it's on it. 

I just can get enough of them, so they can come back with another drama project together. If CWS didnt die in TW 1, then he can re-appear in the sequel. 😅

32 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I finally finished the subbed episodes. Love this show from start to finish - and the ending is how you do a rom-com/ slice of life. Everything fell in place and there was closure. The leads' love story was well done with the main message being that 2nd chances are always possible.

Couldnt agree more!

33 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Agreed. I think the drama has given complete closure to us as viewers. From what I see S2 only works well with crime/ legal dramas. 

And also works well with betrayal drama, liie ehmm.. pent*** they even have absurd plot but keep going. 🤣🤣🤣

I agreed that this dramas is the best example a drama with well written script and acted well by the actors. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Actually, I thought the drawing of YS was done in the past. That’s an old book that he read while in high school, isn’t it? Meaning that he did draw a person once and only that once because of the importance of that person...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

BTS 

3Ldh-v9Mcx2QZKhFk4Q8xSE9ynmWHHHmP3P_4kZ-

nGbkReYWxFoj-JGh_hWB3uwOasgZ7fgJ_mpu4bqn

Spoiler

43rsCReY82OQrvifkIE3J7I3CLygd1WHScPzhdCu

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Actually, I thought the drawing of YS was done in the past. That’s an old book that he read while in high school, isn’t it? Meaning that he did draw a person once and only that once because of the importance of that person...

I'm not sure of that, but what I understand from the scene was he drew her on the spot on that moment while he supposed to arrange the books with her. But whatever it is, I love the idea that he proposed her with something that meaningful. He doesn't need that fancy stuff or romantic place what he did is just enough to melt my heart watching that scene. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I appreciated that CR tells JW that people have been telling her that she is like him, but she doesn't want to be like him too much. And so, even though JW never got a chance to confess to his crush, she's confessing to him. It's not clear if they will become a couple or not, but it's good that she told him that she liked him.

That's what I really liked aswell, especially since JW told her multiple times thoughout the drama that ppl tell she becomes likes him. This was like breaking chains for her, but in the end it felt more like a monologue than a true confession. He didn't even look shocked, surprised or anything, he just noted it while keeping a straight face. I wished we could have see more of them afterwards. Just something small, like between Eun-Ho and Sol-Yi, the small invitation for a date was enough to make 

On the other hand......

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

but CR deserves more than that. Heck, she deserves an entire drama of her own where JW comes to realize how much he likes and trusts her, and starts to appreciate her as a woman and not just as the most capable assistant PD.

HELL YEAH! :pandarage2: I would totally sign up for this! Chae Rin drama?  AWESOME. :pandablush: She tried more than any other character to start dating and create love. Here, let me pitch you  my idea:

A Drama about JW doing the documentary with his mother, produced by Park Dong-il and Chae Rin. He slowly learns the dark history of his mother, while her state worsens every day. He is torn between his former hate and his newfound love for his mother. Chae Rin is the one he gets close to, trusts her more and more, telling her everything about his past, current struggles and his desperation. During that time he realiizes exactly what you said. He appreciates her as woman, his true love and that she was always there for him, while he just took her for granted and overlooked her.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

That Year We: The Movie' Choi Woo-shik X Kim Dami X Kim Seong-cheol X Noh Jeong-eui, character commentary released (comprehensive)

Enter 2022.01.27. 10:25 pm

Reporter Jeon Hana

202201272100173667064_20220127222216_01_

The commentary of 'That Year We: The Movie' by Choi Woo-shik, Kim Dami, Kim Seong-cheol, and Noh Jeong-ui was released.

In the SBS special 'That Year We: The Movie' broadcast on the 27th, commentary about the characters of Choi Woo-shik, Kim Da-mi, Kim Seong-cheol, and Noh Jeong-ui got on the air.

Actors Choi Woo-shik, Kim Da-mi, Kim Seong-cheol, and Noh Jeong-ui commented on the short video of the 16-part series <That Year We>. Kim Dami said of Guk Yeon-soo and Choi Woong, who started filming a high school documentary, "I was forced to get involved with Woong, and in a way, I kept sticking together, and I think that was a big deal."

Choi Woo-shik said, "At that time, we didn't know each other a little, so we were fighting over trivial things, being irritable, and childish. And that day has come." "Suddenly, it was just the two of us left, but it was raining so pretty, and we shared our feelings for each other for the first time. when you do," he said. Next, Kim Da-mi said, "It seems difficult to express at what point in time."

Choi Woo-shik said at the time Woong Choi and Yeon-su Kook started dating. In addition, Kim Dami added, "I think Choi Woong himself was good, and it is difficult to express a certain point." Kim Seong-cheol said, "It hurts my heart to see Yeon-su and Choi Woong's two-shot, but I think I've always only seen it as a third party. It's good for my health to never think about what it would be like if the seat next to me became mine." described the feeling.

Next, Kim Da-mi and Choi Woo-shik said, "There are many reasons. The reason for breaking up is" and "It seems that there is no such thing as a breakup without a reason." Regarding Kuk Yeon-soo and Choi Woong's breakup, Kim Dami explained, "I think I felt that love itself was a luxury because there were so many things to bear." Choi Woo-shik also said, "I don't think it's a one-sided feeling to be abandoned. That's why it was more difficult when we broke up." And Kim Seong-cheol said, "Looking at how hard it is to break up with Yeon-su, the existence of Yeon-su is huge to Woong-i. Because Woong-i needs only Yeon-su. More than what I like? Because I'm not in love with Yeon-su. The breakup between the two I think I could have given up on this more.”

Choi Woo-shik said, "There is a gap of 5 years after breaking up with Yeon-su, but there is no such gap with Ji-woong. Because they are very close brothers, I know a little bit, but I think that friend still has a heart more than I thought." He explained his feelings for the scene where he was jealous of Kim Ji-woong. Next, Kim Dami said about Choi Woong and NJ, "I'm jealous and nervous, but at the end of the day, Woong and NJ are not like that. It seems that I was jealous and worried a lot."

Kim Da-mi said, "I thought we could never be friends, and Woong-i said that he wanted to be friends, so I think it hurts a lot. So let's see if we can be friends too. So, with poison, I pretended to be a friend at Woong's house." He said, "Kook Yeon-soo's feelings toward Choi Woong, who wants to be friends after kissing in the rain.

Afterwards, the unfinished story of Choi Woong, Guk Yeon-su, Kim Ji-woong, and NJ characters was revealed.

Jeon Ha-na popnews@heraldcorp.com

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yep, that's what I thought aswell. The big final reveal. Throughout the whole drama it was said he never drew a person, but in the end, he drew his first love the moment he saw her for the first time. 

On IG the artist also revealed the picture. it is actually a page of the novel ‘The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’ by Mark Twain drawn with pen & ink-

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZJ9-76J-6Q/

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ugh, why is instagram this annoying like now, lol.

IG  does not allow embedding any more on any sites...they have been doing this a for a couple of years at least.

This is our answer from the man himself :heiboi:

But he says this in the movie commentary :lmao2:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ah, where we can watch it with eng sub???

Is it already up on NF???

I miss them tooo, 😭😭😭😭

I usually can quickly move on once a drama ended, but this one will take more time to get over it. 

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

IG does not allow embedding any more on any sites...they have been doing this a for a couple of years at least.

I know. I remember it was before the pandemic ya.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ah, where we can watch it with eng sub???

Is it already up on NF???

I am not sure if NF is going to show this...but I think some dark sites may have the raw version. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

It was such a beautiful finale! Definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:12 AM, stroppyse said:

I appreciated that CR tells JW that people have been telling her that she is like him, but she doesn't want to be like him too much. And so, even though JW never got a chance to confess to his crush, she's confessing to him. It's not clear if they will become a couple or not, but it's good that she told him that she liked him.

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I would have loved that they had an extra episode ...some sort of spin off just to show what happened to them. CR was my favourite supporting character in this series. I love her honesty especially with JW.

I thought the timing of when Chae Ran confessed to Ji Ung was just right. Now that he is mending his relationship with his mother, he seems to have a better perspective of life. Life is not always fair, but your happiness depends on the choices that you make of it. By letting go of the past (which also includes Yeon Su), I do think a happier and clear-minded Ji Ung will start to see Chae Ran as a woman. She is a such great gal. I cannot imagine that he will not. He did smile after her confession, so I take it as he is receptive of it. But yes, I agree it would be nice to have a bonus episode to see how they do from there.

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I finally finished the subbed episodes. Love this show from start to finish - and the ending is how you do a rom-com/ slice of life. Everything fell in place and there was closure. The leads' love story was well done with the main message being that 2nd chances are always possible. Relationships require effort and communication. And more importantly for both parties not to remove the other person's agency in decision making. I liked that CW went abroad to study even if it meant them needing to go on a long distance relationship because for once he was proactively doing something for himself. And I liked that YS found peace with her life here and stayed on to wait for him. This is the sort of growth that I always like seeing in romance dramas , where you don't have to sacrifice your own ambitions and goals at the expense of your relationship and vice-versa. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly here. Throughout the story, it had shown Ung and Yeon Su had some weaker areas as individuals that both needed recognize and work on. Just as they both were on the same page with dating again, it was moving to see them both agree it was in their best of interests to pursue their individual goals and to discover themselves. It was the perfect balance of selfish and selfless at the same time (if that makes any sense). I appreciated the writing’s focus was not solely on the romance, but the importance of self-discovery and growth. It made their second chance all that more meaningful. It sent a great message.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am not sure if NF is going to show this...but I think some dark sites may have the raw version. 

Yea, I found the place to watch it but the problem they are still raw. I wish I could be strop or any of you who understand korean without subtitle. Lols. I know some of what they said, but it doesn't make me understand it completely. What to do. We need a subtitle. Huhuhuhuhu.... 

1 hour ago, peperomia said:

I appreciated the writing’s focus was not solely on the romance, but the importance of self-discovery and growth. It made their second chance all that more meaningful. It sent a great

Same thought. Plus it was acted so well by the actors. When they laugh I laugh with them, when they're sad I cried with them. Like you don't need much effort to get into their emotion. Their great acting moves my heart and the tears flow just like that. And we won't see this kind of drama so often, so it makes me missing this drama moreeee, 😭😭

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

So the movie was actually only the edited scene from episode 1-16. Nothing's really new. They just inserted some edited interview of the four casts. They even don't do the interview together. So basically this is just sbs trying to console us fans who still can't get over the drama. Lols. 

I wish they really made the movie version of this, not this kind of edited movie like but it is really its movie version with new footages of their story continuation after they got married or telling some spin-off story of Ji Woong-Chae Ran, Sol-Eun Ho and woong-yeon-su's wedding to their married life documentary. But well this is easy said but not easy done. There would be a lot money involved to produce this also if they want to get all the same actors on board everything will need much hard work. So that edited version movie might be the decent way to make everyone happy. 😄

Don't bother to wait subtitles too, you just understand everything easily. 😆😅

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1