Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Our Beloved Summer

FE6zxb8agAAuV7A?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  FEhCwopaAAAeKCX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

FDOyPtRVIAAxc3z?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Literal title: That Year We

Hangul title: 그 해 우리는

English title: Our Beloved Summer

Broadcast site: SBS

Streaming site: Wavve | Netflix

Director: Kim Yoon Jin

Writer: Lee Na Eun

Episodes: 16

Schedule: 6th December 2021 - 25 January 2022

Other reference: Naver | NamuWiki | Artist behind Woong's drawing |

Plot Summary

Choi Woong (Choi Woo-Sik) and Kook Yeon-Soo (Kim Da-Mi) broke up 10 years ago. A documentary they filmed during their high school days becomes popular. They don’t want to, but they have to stand in front of the camera.

Choi Woong seems naive and a free spirited man, but he wants to have something for the the first time in his life. For that, he shows what he holds in his mind. Kook Yeon-Soo aimed to become the top student at her school, but she is now an adult who lives fiercely, adapting to her reality (source: AsianWiki).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Original Soundtrack

Part 1: 10cm - Drawer

Spoiler

Part 2: BIBI - The Reason Why We Had to Break Up

Spoiler

Part 3: Ha Sung Woon - Squabble

Spoiler

Part 4: Kim Na Young - There For You

Spoiler

Part 5: V of BTS - Christmas Tree

Spoiler

Part 6-1: Janet Suhh - Why

Spoiler

OST 6-2: Janet Suhh - Home

Spoiler

OST 7: Lee Seung Yoon - The Giving Tree

Spoiler

OST 8: Sam Kim - Summer Rain

Spoiler

OST 9: Yang Yo Seop - Even Now

Spoiler

OST 10: Jang Beom June - I Will Make You Happy

Spoiler

OST 11: Kim Kyung Hee - Our Beloved Summer

Spoiler

OST Playlist

Edited by mademoiselle

2021.03.17 Choi Woo Shik And Kim Da Mi To Reunite In New Romantic Comedy Drama

7ff916ce5ad04659a0729071ac554691.jpeg?s=

Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi have been confirmed to star in Studio N’s first original drama “Us That Year” (literal title)!

The upcoming drama “Us That Year” is a romance comedy that portrays the complicated feelings of a couple that breaks up saying, “It was an awful time with you, and let’s never meet again!” However, the documentary they filmed 10 years ago in high school suddenly gains popularity, and they’re forcibly brought together in front of the camera once more.

Choi Woo Shik will be playing Choi Woong, who appears to be an immature free spirit, but he brings out his sincerity when he finds something he wants in life for the first time. After starring in the Academy winning film “Parasite,” Choi Woo Shik is currently impressing viewers with his thoughtful and friendly nature on the tvN variety show “Youn’s Stay.”

Kim Da Mi will take on the role of Gook Yeon Soo, whose greatest life goal was to place No. 1 during her school days. Now, she’s trying to become an adult while living life fiercely and adjusting to reality with a wound in her heart. After receiving praise as a “monster rookie” for her film “The Witch,” Kim Da Mi rose to fame through her most recent drama “Itaewon Class.”

Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi starred in the film “The Witch” together, and this time, they’ll be starring in a trendy romance drama that portrays the current generation’s dreams, love, lives, and growth through a relationship that spans across 10 years. The new original drama will have 16 episodes and start production in the second half of the year.

Studio N, which has successfully produced webtoon-based dramas such as “Strangers from Hell” and “True Beauty,” will soon be diving into their first original project “Us That Year.” The studio will simultaneously produce an original drama and a webtoon for “Us That Year.” The drama will feature the main leads as adults while the webtoon will be a prequel that depicts their high school days. The webtoon will be serialized through Naver Webtoon. Unlike previous formats in which the drama was produced after the webtoon, plans for the “Us That Year” drama will come first, and the webtoon will be serialized at the same time that the drama airs, introducing a new form of multi-platform content. In addition to original projects, Studio N is planning on producing diverse interesting content across different genres and types of media.

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 3

I'm so happy to see Choi Woo Shik in a drama! It's been way too long since he's been in a drama. I didn't watch his last drama because I wasn't too excited about the leads in that drama. The last time I saw him in a drama was Ho Gu's Love with Uee and that aired in 2015 (his last drama was in 2017). I liked Kim Da Mi from Itaewon Class so excited to see her in this too. 

That's interesting that the production company is going to create the drama and webtoon at or almost the same time. 

• Like 3

I think I've only seen Woo Sik in 2 dramas! The web drama with Jang Ki Yong and TEN. I like Kim Da Mi in Itaewon Class too. I hadn't seen her debut movie The Witch (something like that though). I just glossed over a video recap of the movie and saw some scenes between her and Woo Sik. At the time I didn't even know that was Da Mi.

@Tofu I hope it'll be good AND I am banking on uri Park Seo Joon making a cameo since both leads are friends with him.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kim Sung Cheol And Noh Jung Ui Confirmed To Join Choi Woo Shik And Kim Da Mi In New Rom-Com

c03b95efd13642788b2e58665815b3ce.jpeg?s=

Kim Sung Cheol and Noh Jung Ui will be starring in an exciting new drama!

On July 8, it was confirmed that the two actors will be joining Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi in Studio N’s first original drama “Us That Year” (literal title)!

“Us That Year” is a romance comedy that portrays the complicated feelings of a couple that breaks up saying, “It was an awful time with you, and let’s never meet again!” However, the documentary they filmed 10 years ago in high school suddenly gains popularity, and they’re forcibly brought together in front of the camera once more.

Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi starred in the film “The Witch” together, and this time, they’ll be starring in a trendy romance drama that portrays the current generation’s dreams, love, lives, and growth through a relationship that spans across 10 years. The new original drama will have 16 episodes and start production in the second half of the year.

Choi Woo Shik will be playing Choi Woong, who appears to be an immature free spirit, but he brings out his sincerity when he finds something he wants in life for the first time. He commented, “I’m happy and excited to appear in a drama after a long time. I think it will be more fun since I will be reuniting with actress Kim Da Mi. I can’t wait to meet you all. Please look forward to it.”

Kim Da Mi will take on the role of Gook Yeon Soo, whose greatest life goal was to place No. 1 during her school days. Now, she’s trying to become an adult while living life fiercely and adjusting to reality with a wound in her heart. Kim Da Mi said, “I’m excited to be back with a drama that can capture the stories of young people. I’m looking forward to it because I think I can have fun working with the actors. I’ll do my best to perform my role.”

Kim Sung Cheol has been given the role of Kim Ji Woong, a documentary director who lives his life as an observer. Kim Ji Woong is a lonely figure who thinks that a documentary director who observes the world behind the camera somehow resembles him. He has maintained an omniscient perspective for most of his life but will start to change when he makes a documentary about Choi Woong and Gook Yeon Soo. Kim Sung Cheol shared, “It’s a warm and cute script. I’m already looking forward to meeting the viewers. I will do my best to show you a new side of me through Kim Ji Woong, so please look forward to it.”

Noh Jung Ui will be starring in the drama as a top idol named NJ who is preparing for the second act of her life. She is a famous celebrity with beautiful looks and amazing skills. After working fiercely as a star, she realizes that she is slowly becoming normal again and prepares to live her real life. She becomes interested in Choi Woong’s works and naturally grows curious about him. Noh Jung Ui stated, “It is an honor to be able to film a wonderful drama with good people. I will do my best to come back with a better image as an actor. I ask for your love and support.”

“Us That Year” will premiere in the second half of this year.

source

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watch: Choi Woo Shik, Kim Da Mi, Noh Jung Ui, And Kim Sung Cheol Anticipate New Rom-Com At 1st Script Reading

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Video via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1308378026289019

Viewers have been given a closer look at the chemistry between the cast of “Our Beloved Summer”!

Studio N’s first original drama “Our Beloved Summer” is a romantic comedy that portrays the complicated feelings of a couple that broke up saying, “It was an awful time with you, and let’s never meet again!” However, the documentary they filmed 10 years ago in high school suddenly gains popularity and they’re forced to be in front of the camera together once more. The drama stars Choi Woo Shik, Kim Da Mi, Kim Sung Cheol, and Noh Jung Ui.

The new clip shows the drama’s first script reading and starts off with the cast and crew introducing themselves. Choi Woo Shik introduces himself and his character Choi Woong, an illustrator who is used to hiding his personal life. Choi Woo Shik adds, “He’s someone who’s not quite used to standing in front of people, but he’s a character who grows after meeting Yeon Soo, a very fun friend.”

Kim Da Mi plays Gook Yeon Soo, a smart character who placed first in her entire grade and has a lot of drive for success. The actress comments, “As she meets Choi Woong again, she discovers what exactly she wants and her true identity.”

Kim Sung Cheol introduces his character Kim Ji Woong and shares, “I play the role of the PD [producing director] who re-films the documentary from 10 years ago, that goes viral 10 years later. He’s been best friends with Woong since elementary school so he knows him best. To describe him in one word, observer?” Then he teases, “Aren’t you curious?”

Noh Jung Ui plays NJ, a top idol. She explains, “While she’s preparing for a new life, she comes across Woong’s drawing and feels comforted, causing her to fall for Woong.”

Choi Woo Shik adds, “After always reading alone in my house, it was so fun for all the characters to come together. It was also my first time in awhile in the SBS reading space, so I was excited and it was fun. Since there are a lot of fun stories that everyone will be able to relate to, please look forward to it lots and give it lots of attention.”

Kim Da Mi continues, “I’m looking forward to the upcoming filming and I’m excited because I’m filming for the first time in awhile. I hope many people watch. Thank you!”

“Our Beloved Summer” will premiere sometime this December. Watch the full clip here!

source

• Like 1
  • Party! 1