Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

10 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Btw do they have released the ost of the opening theme song for the drama? The one with "sorry, I'm gonna leave... I'm driving so fast" lyrics, I think we havent got this one yet right? 

Not yet! I like that song too. 

• Like 5

Oh my godness!! :wow: cant waittt... they're dating at Sol's bar, hahaha. Look at her expression and the two seems like in their own world. :laugh:

Preview translation

ys: is this what you want to do?

ung: yes, this what i really like.. in a slightly chilly weather, going to a neighborhood bar, order a warm fish cake (odeng) soup then talk all night

ys: me too, this is what i like too 

sol: wow if you're going to have odeng soup all day please think of the bar owner too, customer.

ys: unnie, the odeng is too spicy. ung can't eat spicy food

ung: ung is okay. ung was trained (to eat spicy food) when he eats with yeonsu

ys: should we order something else? something that's not too spicy?

ung: well then... yeonsu should order what she wants

sol: wow, this is my first time wanting to throw up after seeing customers...but you're enduring it well, sol.. hold it in, it's really not easy doing business

ys: you want odeng?

ung: yes ys: here... it's hot 

ung: it looks delicious

ys: it's hot, right?

Cr to rinrin린린

I just cant help giggling at how they call themselves with their own names, kkekekekeke... so cheesy but it is still lovely. Hahaha. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It that her crying in the flashback? Hopefully no more unecessary break-up between them, I prefer seeing them trying their best to maintain their relationship, learn each other differences and cope with it.

I feel really bad for JW, ah... poor this guy. He should tell her. That way he could at least can feel relieved rather than keeping it for himself. It seems YS never caught any single hints from his behavior cuz she totally think him only as friend. But at least he has chae ran on his side to keep him company, listening at him and give some comfort. So he doesn't feel lonely. 

Oh, we have new couple soon, dongsaeng-noona romance at the bar. Haha, EH is so cute getting jealous at Sol. Both r playing hard to get.

I think the title of this episode are really suitable for eveyone here. Especially the part where YS following the dating tips from her office staff is really funny. It all goes pretty messy but so glad that CW told her she could just be herself and he accepts her as she is. Aww.. do you think this kind of guy really exist in this world? If it yes, when could I meet him once in my lifetime soon dear God, he doesn't need to be exactly look like CW but at least possess these traits of him. Ahh.. well, please ignore this part, lols. 

I feel shocked myself knowing that CW didnt finish his study. I wonder what haelmoni talked with him during her absence. I think he dared himself asking her the root problem of their past break up is important. Him and us here need to hear it directly from her. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
23 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

It that her crying in the flashback?

Yes that should be in flashback. I notice her hair is much longer. 

23 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I feel really bad for JW, ah... poor this guy. He should tell her.

My tears this episode is shed for him. It was great acting of the angst and torture he felt being close to her. My heart ached as well watching him. Especially the part when he got out of his chair and decided he couldn’t take it anymore and suggested for her to leave. I agree with you that he should’ve just told her. I know people usually worry that you may not be able to remain friends anymore if you say it, but for me it’s better to say it and work it out after saying it, since either way you can never feel comfortable around the person anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Especially the part where YS following the dating tips from her office staff is really funny. It all goes pretty messy

LOL... I was thinking YS should’ve considered the track record of this colleague first... If she is so good in dating, how come she has lots of ex-es and currently not dating 😆 clearly what she had been doing was most probably not working out well. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I know people usually worry that you may not be able to remain friends anymore if you say it, but for me it’s better to say it and work it out after saying it, since either way you can never feel comfortable around the person anyway. 

I've become a little torn about this sentiment. If there is any chance that someone might notice you, then I agree that you take the chance and tell the truth. If you are okay with possibly not being friends going forward, then it's also okay just to tell the truth and see what happens. And, perhaps that is always best for the person who has the crush.

However, there is your level of discomfort, and there is the level of discomfort of the other person. If the other person is clearly not interested in you, but you are in a close friend groups, sometimes it is best not to say anything. Friendships have been broken, and seemingly close groups have disintegrated with a confession gone wrong or timed badly. Not everyone is mature enough to deal with a crush in a caring and sensitive way that still preserves the friendship.

Not sure if I'm excited to watch episode 13 now, though, since it seems that JW is going to go through a lot of angst at YS and CW being back together.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Episode 13

• Ung taking off his glasses and drinking the jujubatea in one go was so funny. :laugh: His facials expressions were on point. The way he grabbed onto Yeon Su was so cute aswell.
  • So Ko-o, the guy who seemingly has a scandal right now with NJ, can just freely walk around in public with Yeon Su and kiss around without anyone noticing it? Normally he would have journalists and paparazzi all around him. 
  • Interesting to see that both are really happy, but afraid of breaking up again. They both do their share of research. 
  • I kinda understand Eun-Ho reaction. It really isn't nice to be the only one left out to know. 
  • Ye-in is so nice, pretty and funny :laugh:Why do I love ALL the second female leads so much? They are all keeper. The way she bragged about her dating experience and knowledge was hilarious. She was so cool when she told Yeon Su she came to the right place. 
  • But her advices were all so horribly and wrong. No surprise though. Ye-In boasted that she dated so many guys, but none of them worked out or lasted for long, because she tried to be someone else she isn't. Her dating behavior is so fake and superficial, she tries to impress guys, but completely forgot to add herself, without personality, nothing sticks. I guess the guys were bored after a short time and broke up. Rince and repeat. 
  • NJ buring her phone was SO cute. :pandablush: Sigh, dating her wouldn't have been so bad aswell for Choi. She was so cute in front of his house too. I really like her. 
  • Seems like we get a small lovestory about Eun-Ho and Sol-yi aswell. Nice. :pandapray:
  • I feel so bad for cutter girl, she is so considerate and always has to step back. She looks out for him, even prepared meals for them, endures his troubled heart and still keeps chasing him. I really wish Ji-Ung would finally say something so he can heal and open a path for his co-worker. She probably did the most effort throughout the drama and so far it seems like she is the only who walks away empty-handed. 
    I feel a lot more bad for her than for JW to be fair. He will need time, but he will overcome it. But she is in a much rougher spot, since she works with him and clearly has a crush on him. She is even farther away than anyone. 

Good episode.....until the last two minutes concluded. Oh boy, killing the mood 101. 

Preview seems very eventful and troublesome. Guess Choi & Yeon Su will have a lot of trouble ahead, it almost seems like they break up again or are close to it? 

NJ & Ji Ung healing each other again and talk, Eun Ho fighting for Sol-yi, Sol-yi being in an awkward spot. I think she is a very tough cookie to have. Tomorrow will be quite intense.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Friendships have been broken, and seemingly close groups have disintegrated with a confession gone wrong or timed badly. Not everyone is mature enough to deal with a crush in a caring and sensitive way that still preserves the friendship.

True. Relationship is always the hardest to manage because of the complexity of human nature. In this drama, JW himself has not had a good familial experience growing up, so I guess he is lacking in certain emotional aspects, which is why he is always so torn regarding his feelings for YS. But looking at the condition, it’s been 10 years, and he is still nursing that one-sided silent/passive crush. He just admires from far and very careful not to show anything. It’s just sad. My heart hurts for him.

Tbh, I wonder if in RL there really are people who cannot forget a person for so long. I dunno, for me, 10 years is very long and many things would’ve happened in my life and I would’ve forgotten a lot of past feelings, or at least they have become faded. So of course in dramas where there’s that childhood connection and/or first love is forever trope, I always wonder how real that is. But still, I love and live to watch this romantic notion :pandaheadstomp:

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I have many crush during my high school and none if them are revealed until today. Lols. It's been for years already. I cant forget them but theose feeling already changed. So it doesn't bother me anymore wether I remember or not. Somehow if we have a reunion or meet accidently somwhere, I will just say hi then move on. What happens to JW and other character with similar fate as him probably only happens in drama, reel life. And I do love this trope too. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I have many crush during my high school and none if them are revealed until today. Lols.

I did have crushes too! Some my best friends know, some I really just keep to myself. But you see, that’s why we don’t qualify to experience those lingering feelings, haha.... because we have too many crushes, and those people in dramas have one and only one in their hearts forever and ever 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Unbelievable, we're near the end for this drama! 😲

I still can't relate to Ji Woong's crush/one-sided feelings towards Yeon Su. If he and Yeon Su were close and remained to be close for 10 years and more even after her break up, it would have been more relatable for him to suffer the heartbreak. I have tons of crushes (mild and heavy) when young but nothing come close to feeling actual pain in the heart when the mind thinks it's the end of a real relationship. Feelings of the crushes may return but honestly these feelings fade when the person is not in sight and fade even more after a long period of time.

I am thankful Ji Woong didn't confess his feelings to Yeon Su. This secret should go with him to his grave because it is likely to put burden on the other party, making the atmosphere/relationship awkward and there's absolutely no need to at this point. The "I just wanted to get a chance to confess and let you know how I truly feel about you" timing is gone and he is Woong's good friend so the more reason he shouldn't. Also not everyone enjoys being confessed to.

Occasionally I may think about my past crushes out of curiosity and wonder how they are (and look like now). What they are doing as a career and who they married (were their wives my classmates too?) and so on.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So Ko-o, the guy who seemingly has a scandal right now with NJ, can just freely walk around in public with Yeon Su and kiss around without anyone noticing it? Normally he would have journalists and paparazzi all around him. 

exactly I feel this drama handles too calm for real about this from previous episode. The atmosphere just too calm around Ko-o the mighty artist xDD

18 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Preview seems very eventful and troublesome. Guess Choi & Yeon Su will have a lot of trouble ahead, it almost seems like they break up again or are close to it? 

by looking at the phone model, I think the preview teaser about break up is just a flashback

~~

truly find this drama interesting bcs the leads POV of life is totally different because their condition support.

Agree with relieved that Jiung didn't confess his feelings

50 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The "I just wanted to get a chance to confess and let you know how I truly feel about you" timing is gone

^to me this is on point.

This hamster & puppy finally being superrrr cuteeeeeee againnnn

FJURjWkaIAEHznB?format=jpg&name=900x900

now yo fighting to resolve & communicate

I also waiting the OST from intro part of the drama! It's kind of trend to make our beloved summer intro but make it ... (your fave)

for example here with Racket Boys xD the vibe is just right

@Alice Wonderland this damshik ver. is softie hahahahahaha

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

One of my concerns for this drama is that there would be nothing left to tell given that the OTP is back together and that the plot might start to be a snooze fest. Fortunately, I still enjoyed ep 13. For one I was laughing my head off at the beginning when Yeon Su tried to apply all the advice her colleague gave her about being the "ideal" girlfriend. Honestly, the advice was just rubbish. Cause if a guy likes you, he'll have to like you for who you are. I also found myself smiling at the side romance blossoming btwn Eun Ho and Sol-I.  And don't you all just love CW's parents...best parents ever. Seriously. I would marry CW just so that I can be their daughter-in-law. LOL 

I am one of those who felt that Ji Ung should have told YS how he felt. But now that he knows CW and her back together, he can't anymore. The timing has passed and it would be too awkward. But can Ji Ung, please open his eyes? Chae Ran, a gem next to him...sigh. The thing is this is not just an add on romance to have everyone get a happy ending. They already had plenty of hints of how CR liked him from the start. Plus , I love her frank and straight-forward personality ( I was amused that her intern is jealous she likes Ji Ung).

I look forward to eps 14 because of what CW asked YS - about the reason for their break-up in the past. That does needs to be addressed so that these ex-lovers can start on a fresh page without baggage from the past. If not it will always come and haunt them each time there's a crisis. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Some spoilers here for eps 14

(Am not sure if I can accept the reason. It isn't exactly false but it was more than that. Our YS always carrying the burden all by herself :nervous:)

2022011819305354682_1.jpg

Choi Woong asked, "But what is the reason we broke up?" Yeonsu asked, "Why all of a sudden?" Choi Woong recalled the past, saying, "I was always certain that we would meet again after we broke up. But I really didn't know that day."

Then, Choi Woong said, "It looks like you really wanted to break up." Yeon-soo said, "I was very tired back then. You know I was too busy working part-time and preparing for a job. What do you want to do with the past? Let's not remember that. What's more important is that we meet again now."

When Choi Woong didn't say anything (he went silent) , Yeon-soo prepared to go, saying, "It's late, I'll just have to go." Choi Woong smiled and said, "Yeonsu, get home safely".

Yeon-soo, who returned home, was held in the arms of her grandmother Kang Ja-kyung (played by Cha Mi-kyung). Kang Ja-kyung asked, "Did you do it on purpose (break up with CW then)  because you were carrying the burden all by yourself?" and  Yeon-soo said, "No, grandmother, why do you think so?" We just broke up because we fought. You know I have a dirty temper because I look like my grandmother. Don't think about useless things, grandmother," she said with a bright smile

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

CW hearing YS's answer felt bad - was he that bad a boyfriend that she could not share her burden with him. :nervous:

Choi Woong-eun asked Gu Eun-ho (Andong-goo), "Does it look like I have no goals and no motivation?" Goo Eun-ho said, "Hyung, it has only been  a day or two without me? Why are you asking such serious questions ?” He replied lightly like a joke. 

Choi Woong said, “I don’t want to have expectations from the beginning. From what I can see, it is as if I  don't seem too responsible and I don't look particularly trustworthy." 

Eun Ho comforted him , saying that in his eyes CW is a cool person ( good person) .

• Like 5

In other developments

NJ met Ji Ung and they ate together comforting each other ( man, no love line here please...I am shipping Chae Ran with Ji Ung): 

Kim Ji-woong told NJ, "If you want to live a normal life like everyone else, you just have to pretend like that. This may seem difficult, but it depends on what you are thinking. If you pretend like that, you really have to live like that. It's my life that I have no choice but to blame myself.  I'm the only one who loses. Would it be bad to try once before giving up?” he said.

NJ said, “I’ve been receiving a lot of unexpected comfort from the PD since last time. Are you and the producer in the same situation as me?” and “What is the artist (CW) doing these days? I'm really curious, but I didn't even contact him and pretended not to visit him."

---------------------

Sol I's ex came to borrow money...aww Eun Ho told him that Sol I's off limits ...basically he can't borrow from her. Think this llove line will sail smoothly as she was touched by how he "protected" her.

-----------------

Our sweet sweet understanding Choi Woong :hearties::

Kook Yeon-soo received a phone call from Choi Woong (Choi Woo-shik). Choi Woong asked, "Is the party over? Did you go home safely?" When Yeon-soo said, "It's going well," Choi Woong said, "I wanted to go pick you up. I didn't do it because you didn't like that. You like being independent."  Yeon-soo hesitated, "But back then, I pretended not to like it because it seemed like it was taking your time. And to come to pick me up, the cost of a taxi was  expensive. At that time, the taxi fare was too much for me, so I was scared ( to burden him). 

Choi Woong said, "Then didn't you hate it? Then look back." When Guk Yeon-su turned around, there was Choi Woong. Choi Woong said, "If there is such a thing in the future, tell me in advance. If you don't tell me, I will seem  stupid and I don't know anything. I hear and remember everything you say, so keep telling me." Yeon-su nodded her head as if impressed, and replied, "Yes."

Through narration, Choi Woong said, "I don't know why we broke up, but you'll tell me one day. I'm confident of that . And once I know the reason, I just have to make sure that the same situation doesn't happen again. That's my eternal goal. I decided to stay with Yeon Su my whole life. 

------------

At the end of the broadcast, Ji-woong's mother came to him and confessed that she was dying and asked him  "Take a picture of me before I die." :cry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

This episode got me so emotional. I cried along with YS. Also JW's mom. I feel sorry not for her but more at him. How could his mom be like that? I wonder why do they pick life is beautiful as their theme for this episode. Is it kind of irony? Whatever it is, it feels more bitter and heart-rending. Nothing is predictable for this drama. 

I feel this episode is so gloomy. And thanks to that Sol's ex, (oh my god, he's the pizza man from IONTO, and Sol was also there, hahaha) I just cant help laughing at him whenever he tried to act cool, with that act and tone. 

Ah, two more episodes, I don't want to say goodbye to ung-yeonsoo yet. Sigh.

@bairama I wonder if they already released ost part 10, I call it as CW's theme song, hahaha. I hope they will release the opening theme in that video as well. Look, I'm trying so hard not to ship them but their chemistry is really off the chart! They said they're friends in real life. But who knows what they trully feel, hahaha. All I see is hearteyes filling their eyes. 

@abs-oluteM I just want to see them get their hapoy ending in the end. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Just two episodes left :scaredpanda2:

Episode 14 

• Poor Yeon Su. :pandasadspoon:
  • But Choi's drunk, harsh words do have a truth in them. This really is a ridiculous reason.
  • Such a beautiful scene between halmoni and Choi talking. She really does like him and I feel like he doesn't feel pressured at all. That's what he always wanted to be anyway.
  • So they try to tell me that one episode of a documentary is enough to make Choi famous and get recognized on the street, but having an affair with korea's most beautiful and famous idol does not? :laugh:Yeah, sure. 
  • Yeon Su treating the office, it was like a miracle has happened. They were never so excited and efficient at work. This day went into the company history books. :laugh:
  • Poor NJ :pandasadspoon: My cutie, she's so lonely. :scaredpanda2:
  • Have to say, the phone call between Yeon Su and Choi after her get-together with co-workers was kinda cheesy. :laugh:Such a drama trope. So dramatic. 
  • What an ending...just when JW thought like couldn't get any worse for him, life decided to reach out and kick him real good. Man, how hard can his life get. I hope his friends and cutter girl will be there for him, I hope latter one will be especially important for him. 

Preview looks very emotional and a lot of heart-breaking moments. Chae Rin trying to finally make a move and be by JW side?

5 hours ago, bairama said:

exactly I feel this drama handles too calm for real about this from previous episode. The atmosphere just too calm around Ko-o the mighty artist xDD

For real. Normally they should be journalists around him day in, day out. NJ appearing in front of his house and no one notices it? Normally both would be tracked by fans of NJ and journalists alike. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 7
19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

In this drama, JW himself has not had a good familial experience growing up, so I guess he is lacking in certain emotional aspects, which is why he is always so torn regarding his feelings for YS. But looking at the condition, it’s been 10 years, and he is still nursing that one-sided silent/passive crush. He just admires from far and very careful not to show anything. It’s just sad. My heart hurts for him.

I agree that he's never resolved it, just pushed it to the back of his mind probably. And seeing YS again brought all those unresolved feelings and thoughts back to him. I'm not sure that he's been suffering for all those years exactly. Though, he may have held himself back from committing to another woman perhaps, though that may be as much because of his unresolved feelings over his mother as well as YS.

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tbh, I wonder if in RL there really are people who cannot forget a person for so long. I dunno, for me, 10 years is very long and many things would’ve happened in my life and I would’ve forgotten a lot of past feelings, or at least they have become faded. So of course in dramas where there’s that childhood connection and/or first love is forever trope, I always wonder how real that is. But still, I love and live to watch this romantic notion

I think it's possible, but I feel as if our romantic notions can only survive for so long in the face of reality. Meaning, that the object of our affections may be firmly unattainable, e.g. married or otherwise, or that we hold an idealized version of the person in our hearts and the person we have a crush on may have changed to someone who doesn't fit us as well.

So, it's really only in stories and in very rare circumstances that young love can become a mature love between 2 people who are still right for each other even after separations and experiences that change them. Many times, meeting a crush from your younger days, it's interesting but ultimately does not become the love of your life after all.

As for the new episode, will comment after watching. I find the OTP relationship interesting in adulthood as they try to figure out how not to repeat the mistakes of their youth. I continue to find YS frustrating though since she doesn't seem to trust CW or herself enough to be completely honest. She's not CW's mother to try to "protect" him. He's an adult as well and has free agency, which he's happy to exercise. He doesn't need YS, he just wants to be with YS.

It seems that YS broke up with CW all those years ago for his own good, probably under the assumption that she was holding him back from bigger and better things. However, CW ended up dropping out of university instead. It wasn't his ambition or his desires he was following in terms of university, it was hers. So, if that's why she did it, she hurt herself and CW for nothing. If she can't bring herself to accept CW as an equal and stop being all martyr herself, then the relationship will fail again.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1