Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Every week, I wait to read everyone's comments before I watch. Since everyone enjoyed this episode I watched it and it was one of my favorite!

I thought it was written so beautifully for CW to cut off YS and be the one to complete her thoughts (and his). It was stated so matter of fact, I missed you. YS used to ask CW those what ifs questions, and his confession, I felt, answered them -- he wants to be loved by YS now and forever. Just everything about how CW said it, how YS responded was so heartfelt and wholesome. 

I'm sure I mentioned this before but the casting of Kim Dami and Choi Woo Shik is so spot on. I don't think I would feel the same if YS and CW were played by someone else. 

I'm still bothered by JW, but I am glad he was told to stop telling the story from his perspective and to tell it from the perspective of the cast. I'm also happy that NJ's role continue to get better and she's, so far, is not a horrible second lead. 

There are still two weeks left, if this drama separates them again....I'm dropping it! Hahaha! Ok, not really, but can we not go that route, writer-nim?! :yoongibtspls:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Lols, no worries. I believe since they shared this same pain of unrequited love, so they comfort each other through drinking. Chae ran is really a nice girl so I hope she won't join this two forming a band of one side love. 

I wonder why is CW parents visiting the countryside on the day CW was abondoned.

Hey, we never know what the drama gods have in store for us. :laugh:

I really, really hipe Chae Ran doesn't join them aswell, as much as I ship our OTP, I also root a lot for her and Ji Ung. She always seems to be such a nice girl, who cares for him and genuinely likes him aswell. It would have a bitter aftertaste if they aren't dating after the last episode. 

I thought maybe they know his real father and update him on how his son is doing. I doubt Choi has the wish to meet his real father. Maybe one day he reached out for Choi Ung and Choi's parents decided to at least visit him once a year. Mom also seemed unease about this day. 

• Like 7
50 minutes ago, Tofu said:

YS used to ask CW those what ifs questions, and his confession, I felt, answered them -- he wants to be loved by YS now and forever. Just everything about how CW said it, how YS responded was so heartfelt and wholesome. 

I love this too!! It is just beautifully taken. And their emotion delivered so well. The confession and confirmation is the best scene.

52 minutes ago, Tofu said:

There are still two weeks left, if this drama separates them again....I'm dropping it! Hahaha! Ok, not really, but can we not go that route, writer-nim?! 

Lols, it is frustrating to watch them keep pretending to be okay while they're not okay. KDM and CWS chemistry is just off the charts! So I'm okay if they show us their lovey dovey more here. I don't think I will get bored. 

As for JW and CW, I think their friendship will stay stronger even JW got caught with his feelings now. Cuz so far he never cross the line and respect CW. And I think he will be that way forever. 

I love this drama too a lot, not just because I love the OTP storyline but more because of the main and side characters are written well with such integrity. 

54 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

It would have a bitter aftertaste if they aren't dating after the last episode. 

I think it would be too fast if they start dating when the show near the end, probably with some time skip magic they will do. It will take some time for JW to accept new love since he only know to love YS all his life. 

55 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

thought maybe they know his real father and update him on how his son is doing. I doubt Choi has the wish to meet his real father. Maybe one day he reached out for Choi Ung and Choi's parents decided to at least visit him once a year. Mom also seemed unease about this day

He already break down his walls and speaks up his heart. And he finally tells YS about his past, his deepest fear and trauma. What he wants and his feelings sincerely. So if his biologocal dad comes out to the screen, I think he must meet him, at least to ask him why did he abondon him. That way he won't be too pitiful of himself and healing his wound. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I think... Woong's father left him on the street is the reason why he goes missing every year on this particular day. As to why his foster parents also went missing, based on their expression/dialogues and the next episode preview, I think it's around this time they lost their own child.

Although it's quite formulaic for kdrama male leads to always have trauma but most of the time it really works and realistic because in this modern era, we all suffer some forms of trauma one way or the other, and this often affects our mental well-being or future actions. It takes a lot of effort and courage to get over it and most of us may never fully recover. I really like the comparison of Jjong Jjong's trauma on Woong's. I cracked up laughing when Woong called Jjong Jjong a betrayer but it's probably what Woong needed to know that a dog is able to take a big step overcoming its own trauma, and he should be brave as well. Five more episodes to go, I'm wondering what else is in store for us. Probably spent 2 more episodes being lovey-dovey and then face one last challenge before a good ol' happy ending for everyone...

I'm guessing they will face another "farewell" in the form of Woong going overseas (the catalogues seem to hint at this). And this time, will Woong be able to take Yeon Su with him?

So glad NJ is a completely upright person. Even though she may not get her man but she gets my respect! Hahaha.

Lastly, a rant — Yeon Su is not well off and she's never driven a car before in my memory and all of a sudden she is seen driving a Volvo luxury car with leather seats. C'mon. I get it's PPL but at least put in the context this perhaps is the Boss's or company's car. Tsk.

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Another great episode that made me teared up front and end... Just 5 minutes in and my heart was already crunching with Woong's when he was narrating about the little dog. Then towards the end, his honest talk with Grandma... Cried again there. He is just that kind of a person, simple and forward. Brief, not feeling the need to say too much. Then when the two finally sat down face to face and had their heart to heart talk. I was sobbing with tears of joy and relief there, then the epilogue.... Gahhh, this is supposed to be a light summer-themed drama, yet it still managed to touch the viewers hearts like so much... I love it!!

My wild guess about the missing parents ~ I think something happened to Woong's father on that day, which involved the current parents, but they are keeping it from Woong. Maybe an accident? They feel indebted to him and that's why they adopted Woong? And they're missing because they went to visit Woong's father, like maybe pay respect by the grave, assuming the father died....? Maybe it was his father's dying wish and request to keep the truth from Woong? I dunno... Hope we find out soon.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Tonight’s close and epilogue with Ung and Yeon Su was so beautiful. After last week’s episodes, I was left thinking it would be primarily Yeon Su’s fight this week to convince Ung that she doesn’t want to be just friends. I am pleased that it actually turned out to be the meeting of the minds (and hearts) for the both of them. I thought their reconciliation was more meaningful because they both concluded that they equally wanted the same thing at the same time.

The analogy of Ung and the puppy was clever. At first, I thought the story would only touch upon them having and struggling with a similar trauma. I like that it circled back to Ung finding out that the puppy was eventually able to face its fears and overcome it. I think it sends a hopeful and encouraging message. Oftentimes, success stories can leave a positive impact on others.

Bravo to those here who guessed right that Ung was abandoned by his biological father as a child. His revelation to Yeon Su broke my heart. As an adult, he recounted and reenacted exactly how it had happened, but this time, Yeon Su was there, truly by his side. He was not alone. The tears and the kiss was painful yet beautiful at the same time. From hereon, I hope they can be each other's rock.

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

He already break down his walls and speaks up his heart. And he finally tells YS about his past, his deepest fear and trauma. What he wants and his feelings sincerely. So if his biologocal dad comes out to the screen, I think he must meet him, at least to ask him why did he abondon him. That way he won't be too pitiful of himself and healing his wound. 

I also hope the story will have Ung meet his real father again too. I don't want to believe a parent can be so cruel. There must be a reason why he did so. Regardless, I agree knowing why may be important for Ung to have some kind of closure for himself.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
52 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

They cut the teaser right when it started to be more interesting, hahahaha

Of course ...hmm I bet we won't get a kiss ahahaha ...these days I like to under-expect :hug:

Eps 12 new stills

111191604.1.jpg

The unrequited love of Kim Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol), which has not yet ended, raises the question of what kind of change it will bring to the relationship between the three friends.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20220111/111191607/1

- Ji Ung and CW needs to talk this out , and Ji Ung should know that bowing out gracefully is the right thing to do here. Chae Ran is waiting , no?

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm guessing they will face another "farewell" in the form of Woong going overseas (the catalogues seem to hint at this). And this time, will Woong be able to take Yeon Su with him?

I think it will just be for exhibition? So this will be the chance to show that he overcomes his fear of being alone and is able to travel around, like that little dog. Of course it’ll be great if they go together. 

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Lastly, a rant — Yeon Su is not well off and she's never driven a car before in my memory and all of a sudden she is seen driving a Volvo luxury car with leather seats. C'mon. I get it's PPL but at least put in the context this perhaps is the Boss's or company's car. Tsk.

Me thinking the same when I saw the Volvo, haha... I decided to not bother much, just tell myself that it’s the company car, or that she managed to pay off all the family’s debts due to her current job.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

While waiting ep 13 air tonight, I find this video reaction by Duckhu TV. Their reaction is just really like most of us here. So fun and they even refer to some other dramas too. Really so fun :laugh:

It seems they're also become a fan of CWS oppa, hahaha. Well, who wouldn't?? Like they said, I wish I could capture all of his cute gifs. His serious and deep thought mode is even more charming! I enjoy watching the two fangirling here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@Alice Wonderland every time he appears , they kept spazzing...cute cute :lmao2:. Yes, like us. Fangirls across the world are the same. Didn't realise the documentary idea was inspired by an actual one. But that one had two guys. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And we have hugs too xD

He invited her over isn't it? They can drink jujube ( red dates ) tea together. I love drinking this. My MIL says it is good for "cleansing" the blood. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 1

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

While waiting ep 13 air tonight, I find this video reaction by Duckhu TV. Their reaction is just really like most of us here. So fun and they even refer to some other dramas too. Really so fun

This is so cute... haha... but I wish they will show more of the drama on the screen, so we can see (again) his expressions more clearly. The two girls like covering up more than half the screen 😆 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

He invited her over isn't it?

For that hug scene, he went to her house. The jujube tea I'm not sure it's which scene but maybe the next day after they made up coz the scene began from yesterday's episode, they kissed and then cut to Woong lying on Yeon Su's lap telling her about his past and how he found out about the foster parents bit but the released cuts miss this important bit I had wanted to know about Woong's foster parents. Aish. Will have to find out after I wake up...

... and then Woong fell asleep after telling Yeon Su he can sleep well when she's with him. :)

@Alice Wonderland will be very happy with this episode HAHAHAHA

Preview E13

The angst is coming so soon...

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Key recaps for eps 12 (Part 1)

So after that kiss last night , they went back to his place and he told her about his real dad:

2022011119232958614_1.jpg

On this day, Choi Woong revealed his past to Guk Yeon-soo. It turns out that Choi Woong was a child abandoned by his biological parents. Currently, Choi Woong's adoptive parents adopted Choi Woong, who is about the same age as his deceased real child.

Choi Woong hid his pain and lived alone, hugging his wounds. After hearing Choi Woong's story, Guk Yeon-soo said, "It must have been a lot of pain, but how hard was it by yourself? I want to comfort you, but I don't know what to do. What should I say?" Choi Woong said, "You've already done it all. You're listening to me like this. That's it."

Choi Woong often have a nightmare of being constantly abandoned by someone. Because of this, he also suffered from insomnia. Kook Yeon-su patted Choi Woong on the back and said, "I'll go home when uou fall asleep."

Choi Woong said, "I can't sleep well, but strangely, I think I was able to sleep on the day you were there. It's you, Yeonsu," he said, closing his eyes more comfortably than ever.

-----------------

Choi Woong waited in front of Kook Yeon-soo's house to take Kuk Yeon-soo to  work . Choi Woong found Kook Yeon-soo said, "When did you come? Why did you not call? If you have told me in advance, I would have come out sooner."

Afterwards, Guk Yeon-soo nagged Choi Woong, who couldn't sleep properly, saying, "Did you sleep? You shouldn't stay up all night just because you can't sleep. Are you trying to go to sleep like this. Even if you can't stop right away, you need to cut down on your medications."

Choi Woong replied, "Are you going to continue?" Guk Yeon-su said, "You need to  grow up at a time like this," and Choi Woong said, "It's better to do this at a time like this?"

Choi Woong complained to Kuk Yeon-soo, "Can you not go to the company today?" and Kuk Yeon-soo said, "What is the company like school ? " She knows CW barely slept  "Hurry up and go home," she pushed Choi Woong.

Guk Yeon-soo headed to the bus stop alone. Then she looked at Choi Woong and said, "I have a question. "Are we seeing each other again?" she shouted.

Choi Woong asked back, "Did you think it wasn't  so far?" Kook Yeon-soo replied, "I like being sure," and Choi Woong once again confirmed his mind to Kook Yeon-soo, saying, "How do I make it clearer than this?"

FI0z1tmVQAAPqob?format=jpg&name=small

Then, Kook Yeon-soo said, "Please take good care of me in the future, Ung-ah." Choi Woong, seeing such a figure of Guk Yeon-soo, burst out laughing, saying, “Kook Yeon-soo is so cute.”

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1