Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Woong's reaction when he returned home to see the mess was absolutely hilarious. I'd have killed that person who messes up my house and have him do all the cleaning. That kick to his bum, another LMAO moment for me.

That balloon pop and the way he was at first worried his friend is dead, then rather disappointed when he was still breathing, then trying to suffocate him but remembering to fluff up the pillow first :lmao2: Tbh, I really cannot think of other actor as Woong. I really enjoyed Kim Da Mi here as well, while I cannot warm up to her character at all in Itaewon. Great job by the casting team 👍🏻

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Dhakra I really enjoyed the scene of NJ with Woong! And I'm also happy she has a longer screen time today and we're able to learn more about her personality. I guess she's not exactly a threat to the OTP. She's attracted to Woong because he's someone who, unlike the people around her, is always genuine and doesn't kiss up to her or say the fluffiest but insincere things.

First, yes, it was amazing to see more of her, what kind of celebrity she is and what hardships she has to go through. It gave her character much more depth. 

Is she not? :lenny: Come on, NJ is a smart cookie, she knows Choi Ung currently has no interest in her in a lovey dovey way, so if she would go 'All in' immediately, he would be scared away. He gave her enough signs to realize that he is completely in the dark. Who says "I love you" in the first real conversation. 

She made a big step today, he is aware of her know and knows why she values him. He also didn't seem to dislike the thought of having NJ as friend. 

In the preview, she is at his parents house, she will make her move. And if YS continues to stay like she was in the past and hides her feelings for him, NJ may have a shot. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

So, if she's not a threat to the OTP. Do you need to choose a team, @Dhakra? Can't we root for both girls? ^ ^

Oh I am Team NJ. :pandapopcorn: YS can have Ji Ung if she's faster than cutter girl. 

. I mean, Woong was a kid who was not interested in anything and has no goals

:laugh:We guys are so easy to read. Once we see a girl we like, we do everything to impress her, even if it means changing our ways.

So tell me something, guys. Why did Woong shut up straight away the moment he saw Yeon Soo at the end? He looks scared and meek lol.

Because the last time he left her, he went totally out of his way and instead of running away and ignoring everything, he chose direct confrontation. For probably the first time in their relationship, he chose attack instead of running away. It completely caught YS off guard. Remember although YS wanted to fix this, she only saw him with NJ. They haven't talked since then. 

Clearly he feels scared, because he doesn't know how she will react, this never happened before for him. 

1 minute ago, Tofu said:

Stroppyse dropped the drama after 1.5 episodes because she didn't enjoy it. 

Hahaha really? I can totally see it.  That's why I didn't say anything when @mademoisellesaid we should summon her. This and fear she actually might recommend 18 again (or how the name was).  I figured that's probably not her drama. I have never seen her watching Slice of Life dramas before. :thinking: That's why we never meet in these threads. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@Dhakra At this point , I am still rooting for CW and YS , but it really does depend on how the plot develops.  I am not completely against them ending up with other people simply because this show has this realistic relatable vibe to it. They are now two different people - so perhaps they may have changed and want other things .Maybe what the leads needed was closure before they could move on. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The way Woong narrated his “kidnapping” was so funny. 

Everyone naration are delivered in such an interesting way. Woong describe the kidnaping as something really dangerous. How it was happned on broad day light, the culprit is the one who close with the main character and they are stuck in a distant place. It is not a romantice genre but a horror one. They even playfully insert the horror bgm reminds me of Friday the 13th. Now lets see if what woong said is right, is it really horror or actually just a sweet rom-com.

So, if she's not a threat to the OTP. Do you need to choose a team, @Dhakra? Can't we root for both girls? ^ ^

Ikr, dhakra seems confused hahahaa. Cuz I see her as someone needs friend to talk and understand her rather than a boyfriend. I like when she said honestly that she likes him but it doesnt mean she suddenly ask him to love her and be boyfriend. I hope writer won't turn her into that same old type female lead who get obsessed and petty jealousy. It's time for the new era of second female lead, not being clingy and moves on if the love is only one sided. I remember another second female lead, La Lima (from Imitation drama) that I liked as she got breakthrough from this classic stigma. Well, I see NJ character growth now. A lot better than the 6 eps before. 

As for Woong's parents liking Yeon Soo... I think they witnessed the changes in Woong when he's with her. I mean, Woong was a kid who was not interested in anything and has no goals. He's actually not a dumb person too and loves reading all sorts of books. He has the knowledge but he's just lack ambition or goal to make use of this knowledge.

She encourages him to have a goal in his life. When he makes his mind for something, he will work hard for it. I think the parents sees their son changed and did a lot more positive efforts than before. 

So tell me something, guys. Why did Woong shut up straight away the moment he saw Yeon Soo at the end? He looks scared and meek lol.

Hahaha, he got flustered I guess. But he describe it in such dramatic way. So funny, lols 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Dhakra @Tofu That's because the earlier two episodes weren't as engaging as the latter ones. I was on the "unsure" ship at first too. I'm only totally on board last week. Stroppyse has seen slice of life drama (e.g. Navillera) but whether or not she likes it that's another story.

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

We guys are so easy to read. Once we see a girl we like, we do everything to impress her, even if it means changing our ways.

And how long will this "change" last?

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Because the last time he left her, he went totally out of his way and instead of running away and ignoring everything, he chose direct confrontation. For probably the first time in their relationship, he chose attack instead of running away. It completely caught YS off guard. Remember although YS wanted to fix this, she only saw him with NJ. They haven't talked since then. Clearly he feels scared, because he doesn't know how she will react, this never happened before for him. 

Hahaha true, he didn't give her the chance to react so he looked scared she might kill him of the sort. xD

54 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra At this point , I am still rooting for CW and YS , but it really does depend on how the plot develops.  I am not completely against them ending up with other people simply because this show has this realistic relatable vibe to it. They are now two different people - so perhaps they may have changed and want other things. Maybe what the leads needed was closure before they could move on. 

True. True. Though I'd like them to find their way back to one another. Hahaha. It's only because I don't see Woong happy with NJ yet. I'm not yet convinced. At the moment, I'd probably prefer an open ending of no one match up.

51 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ikr, dhakra seems confused hahahaa. Cuz I see her as someone needs friend to talk and understand her rather than a boyfriend. I like when she said honestly that she likes him but it doesnt mean she suddenly ask him to love her and be boyfriend. I hope writer won't turn her into that same old type female lead who get obsessed and petty jealousy. It's time for the new era of second female lead, not being clingy and moves on if the love is only one sided. I remember another second female lead, La Lima (from Imitation drama) that I liked as she got breakthrough from this classic stigma. Well, I see NJ character growth now. A lot better than the 6 eps before.

You're right. For once I'd like to see a second female lead not meddling in with the OTP's relationship. I'm definitely tired of seeing conniving or manipulative badly behaved second leads.

38 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh he asked her why he went with JW, and both JW and that female staff (sorry couldnt remember her name) changed look at each other looking interested to what her answer to woong's question. Ahh... I need ep 8 asap!!

Yeon Soo said she and Ji Woong went cycling and she took an afternoon nap. The "nap" caught Woong's attention because when she was with him she always wanted to be on the go and filled up their schedule with activities. Yeon Soo then explained it depends on the person she's travelled with.

LOL, looks like back then she wants to do A LOT of things together with Woong while Woong just wanted to relax (with her on his side).

• Like 3

Hello! I finally caught up on this drama and I'm enjoying it. It's not the fastest moving storyline, but then again it is slice of life and there's a lot of nostalgia associated with it. I think this is a better 'documentary' story than say Lovestruck in the City, which had a slightly similar concept but much more choppy with more annoying interviews (also it's probably because I can no longer watch JCW due to personal bias :laugh:) It might also be because I love school dramas and nostalgia dramas. Ths feeling of going back to a dream past always gets me.

Hahaha for once @mademoiselle and @abs-oluteM I think I'm clearly in the first lead's square :CharmanderYay: 

Episodes 1-6

This story sort of plays out like a mystery since you don't know why they got together and then you don't know why they broke up. Given that they seem like such different people, the break up seems to be more understandable compared to the getting together at first. But little by little we get the details of their lives and we fill in the blanks to understand the joys and the pains of their relationship. The mystery is great because it reminds us that we're just by standers like Ji Ung - We can make judgements but how accurate they are depends on what we know and what we know is a little murky between the he says, she says. But that's also the beauty of this drama - you feel like a friend who weighing in on the situation...this is familiar when I think about friends who agonise over new boyfriends, or people they want to break up with or have broken up with before. :MewHi:

I'm going to say as the series goes on, my understanding has flipped - now I totally see why they got together as there was clearly the usual 'opposites attract' feeling, highschool hormones and spending a lot of time together. They're both the sort of people who feel their feelings, but don't necessarily say their feelings. And obviously the memories that drift back are getting warmer than when we started...but now I'm getting pretty confused about why they broke up :laugh: I mean, yes, poverty/ debt, something about pride...but I feel pretty confused when I think about it because usually there's something more drastic? I'm sure we're still missing a lot pf information but if you guys have a take on it, let me know :thinking:

The chemistry between the 2 are so cute though - I like it everytime he sees her from the couch and says 'this must be a dream' -it's very fluttery that he seems so vulnerable and captured by his dreams about her.  :heart: Alsoooo my does Choi Ung do that sad, longing gaze sooooo well. Whenn he asks if she'll sleep over, those bedroom eyes were spot on :laugh:

Yeon Su is interesting as a female lead. I like it when they flip the tsundere characters - in this case it's the tsundere, perfectionist female lead and the messy and warm-hearted male lead. I guess I understand her defensive mechanism of being seen as stuck up since she felt like she had to be strong or be looked down upon, but it's such a different take on life that I'm sometimes like, is that the only way??? I sometimes think you win people over by being softer rather than harder?  But I can totally relate to how she did school life perfectly but struggles to reconcile her adult life! I think sometimes you look back at your dreams as a teen and you're like what's wrong with my life?! :mine:

Choi Ung is such a dreamy character and although everyone says he's immature, I kind of think he has a better understand of life than most people. I mean, he's not getting burn out trying to climb the corporate ladder - he liked doing something and put a lot of effort into it to so he could enjoy life. In terms of not being emotional but being super lit up when in a relationship, but then dying during a break up - is this a common fate for boys @Dhakra because this is totally so many of my male friends!!! I've witnessed more guys crushed by break ups than girls that I tend to think guys take break ups much worse than girls. I do think there's something missing though that they haven't told us from his side of the story...wonder why he never got to the point of saying how he felt to her, though she did do that annoying thing of trying to 'test' him :laugh:

I'm also a fan of the quirky side characters - Ji Ung is endearing with his fondness of Choi Ung, but also kind of scares me with his seriousness and intensity. However, I totally empathise with his feelings about not being a main character in life. Sometimes you feel like you can only be grateful for what you have. NJ on the otherhand is funny because she seems so aware of her popularity and fame, but doesn't seem stuck up about it...she just seems to be ironic about it. I've always like the actress, Roh Jeong Eui, so I find her character a fun watch. :wow:

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 12/25/2021 at 7:22 AM, Dhakra said:

@abs-oluteMBody switching? Nahhh. I read the also plays a big role in Dear M. But it seems the drama was postponed or cancelled. 

Not sure if cancelled but definitely on indefeinite hold due to school violence controversies with Park Hye Su :idk:

On 12/25/2021 at 7:22 AM, Dhakra said:

@abs-oluteMBody switching? Nahhh. I read the also plays a big role in Dear M. But it seems the drama was postponed or cancelled. 

Haha it's not body swapping - it's the genre I like to call 'Mid-life crisis time travel' where the main character hates how their life turned out in their 20s/30s/40s (could be older too) but they're given a second chance in life to do-over their mistakes which led them to where they are in their current life. Honestly, this genre is pretty meaningful since the main idea behind these stories is to be grateful for the things you experienced - both good and bad. I liked 18 Again because it wasn't too cheesy and was quite fun. You'd like Roh Jeong Eui's character - she's such a cool girl there. :cool:

On 12/26/2021 at 2:54 PM, Mouse said:

I think we all know now that YS is insecure deep down. This is why she keeps asking Woon those “what if” questions. She needed to be reassured. Eventually it was her insecurity that led to the break up. I don’t think that it was necessarily Woon’s lack of ambition, rather it was YS seeing Woon as someone who was so great that she feared him realizing one day that she wasn’t good enough. Unlike Woon who could afford to dream of a peaceful and quiet life, she needed to be practical. She needed to get the good grades. She truly loved Woon and recognized that he was special and to YS, it made her feel even more insecure. 

Yes, I think this is so true. Often people who are perfectionists are highly insecure and need to present as perfect or keep achieving so people like them (according to their own beliefs). And I think her situation with poverty made her feel even less worthy since friends would reject her on these grounds as well. :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, JenL said:

In terms of not being emotional but being super lit up when in a relationship, but then dying during a break up - is this a common fate for boys @Dhakra because this is totally so many of my male friends!!! I've witnessed more guys crushed by break ups than girls that I tend to think guys take break ups much worse than girls.

I can't speak for all men, but yes it happens quite often. Especially if we truly love the girl and she breaks up, we are shattered and break down completely. I could totally relate to him how he handled the break-up. He hit rock-bottom emotionally. This is a fate a lot of guys go through after the girl we love with all our heart breaks up. We are not able to understand why and question the world how this happened. 

I personally went through this aswell.

And the way YS dealt with it was how I witnessed it too. Girls have such a cold way of dealing with break-ups.  

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha it's not body swapping - it's the genre I like to call 'Mid-life crisis time travel' where the main character hates how their life turned out in their 20s/30s/40s (could be older too) but they're given a second chance in life to do-over their mistakes which led them to where they are in their current life.

Oh hell no. :pandadisgusted:

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra At this point , I am still rooting for CW and YS , but it really does depend on how the plot develops.  I am not completely against them ending up with other people simply because this show has this realistic relatable vibe to it. They are now two different people - so perhaps they may have changed and want other things .Maybe what the leads needed was closure before they could move on. 

I honestly don't think anything will shatter the bond between Ung and YS, but you know, there is a slight chance the drama will do something totally different. Like you said, the drama has such a natural, realistic vibe, that I buy everything as long as they keep this path. 

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And how long will this "change" last?

:laugh:Depends on many things, could be a day...but can also be lifetime-changes. It depends how big the change is. 

Some of my ex-gf's also forced me to do stuff that I still do until this day. I would have never done it before, but sometimes we need a little hand by someone we love. 

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha true, he didn't give her the chance to react so he looked scared she might kill him of the sort. xD

It's totally new ground for him. :laugh:

• Like 4

This a SPOILER  for Eps 8 and what lead to that :pandalove: ...I like how it built to that whole moment

Therefore, the filming team decided to record the travel stories of the two reunited as adults. Choi Woong couldn't sleep properly because he was concerned about YS. Most of all, I was secretly jealous when his friend, Kim Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol),  and Kook Yeon-su got close as they spent the day filming separately

(In this travel itinerary, Kim Ji-woong decided to follow Guk Yeon-soo and Jung Chae-ran (Jeon Hye-won) followed Choi Woong.)

Spoiler

In the past, Choi Woong and Guk Yeon-soo went on a trip after an argument. At that time,  Choi Woong told Guk Yeonsu, “I want to give this more thought. We are thinking about our future.” Guk Yeon-soo said, "We're not breaking up. If we fight again, you will only come to me again.”

Guk Yeon-soo, who was taking Choi Woong's photo, said, "I think I love you. Do you know?” she asked. At this, Choi Woong said, "No, I don't know, so keep telling me." And they kissed each other.

Spoiler

However, the present Choi Woong sighed, saying, “I didn’t know at the time that all the promises I made while traveling were all lies.”

Singer NJ (played by Noh Jeong-eui), who confessed to Choi Woong without knowing his heart, called him during the trip. Well someone was jealous...ahaha

Spoiler

FHs0nNYVIAsCFR-?format=jpg&name=small

The filming wasn't easy these two did bicker a lot and it did get pretty rough

Spoiler

Choi Woong was conscious of Kim Ji-woong and Guk Yeon-soo, and expressed his regrets. Yeonsu, who was uncomfortable with Choi Woong, said to herself, “I seem to be spending a lot of time these days avoiding Choi.”

--------------------------------

When it suddenly rained, Choi Woong took an umbrella and headed to look for  Guk Yeonsu. 

On this day's broadcast, Guk Yeon-soo was in a hut to avoid the rain. At that time, Choi Woong appeared in front of Guk Yeon-su with an umbrella.

Guk Yeon-su looked at Choi Woong and asked, "You are really Choi Woong. What are you doing standing there?" Choi Woong replied, "I think."

Yeonsu Guk again asked, “What do you think?” In response, Choi Woong said, "I wondered why I was standing in front of Guk Yeon-su again. I'm under a curse."

Guk Yeon-su said, "It's me again, it's my fault again," Choi Woong said, "Yeah, it's you again. I'm sick of it, but it's you again."

Guk Yeon-soo said, "Then just go. Don't just stand there ", but when Choi Woong didn't say anything, she stood in front of Choi Woong in the rain saying, "If you don't like it, I'll pass/go ."

Then, Choi Woong put an umbrella on Guk Yeon-soo. Yeonsu Guk asked, "Will you go or be here? "

At this, Choi Woong threw an umbrella and kissed Guk Yeon-soo.

Through the narration, Choi Woong said, "I was either really under a curse or was possessed by this ridiculous trip. Either that, or I knew it was going to be like this from the moment I first met Kook Yeon-soo again." 

On the other hand, in the next episode, Choi Woong seemed to not address  the kiss that day, and Kook Yeon-soo seemed worried about it. In response, Kook Yeon-soo visited Choi Woong's house and said, "Can I go spend the night?", raising curiosity. She wanted to find out his feeling since he had not called her 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 8

• I can totally relate to Choi Ung about his view on YS. How could he enjoy his trip? And the fact she seemed very loose on things like breaking up. "If we break up next time"...it sounds like every two weeks she breaks up, just to get back together again a days after. It's so hard to deal with girls who can't be read easily.
    But then she dropped the bomb on him et at the end. So she was saying the magical three words first. I wouldn't have imagined.
    Gosh this makes the break up only so much harder for him.  How can he forget? How can he not be still in love for her?
    And more importantly, how can she still lock up her heart so drastically? 
    But how they even deny us a flashback kiss. :laugh:
  • Did I just imagine things, or when Yeon Su overheard the answer of Choi Ung about the most memorable trip, did she began to cry when she turned away her face? It looks like she began to cry when her face turned away from the camera.
  • I really like how Choi changed in his ways of dealing with Yeon Su. Repeating her words she said back then, addressing everything that affects him very upfront towards her, he doesn't hide, the throws everything he has at her to get some sort of reaction. I like his behavior. He tries to lure her out of her shell. 
  • Because now, SHE is the one running away from him. He was able to switch positions. She is avoiding him, he is at the point, that he's bothered so much, that he just tells what on his mind, to get anything. 
  • Ji Ungs hearts fluttered when he saw Yeon Su. But it really seems like Cutter girl has a soft spot for him. Ahh, I can't decide what I want to ship :scaredpanda2:  But I think cutter girl, she's fun, nice and when talking to Choi Ung, she felt a bit sassy too. I think she and Ji Ung would be a good fit. 
  • Sigh, NJ still thinks too much of herself. She also seem to exaggerate. She didn't confess anything and one missed call doesn't mean anything. I pretty much miss ALL of my calls. On purpose. 
    If you call me and I didn't pick up, you are one of many. I ALWAYS call back though. 
  • So is everyone out-jealousing each other? :laugh: It feels like everyone was jealous at somebody. Ever YS's best friend Sol-Yi felt jealous towards Eun-Ho. Is this how everyone relationship will develope? Choi was jealous because YS spent time with YS. YS is jealous because of NJ. NJ is jealous at everyone who spents time with Choi. Ji is jealous at Choi because he likes YS and cutter girl is jealous because she continuesly sees Ji chasing after YS. 
  • Still interesting how fast YS's happiness and smile faded after seeing NJ.
  • Gosh, NJ is so pretty on the phone aswell :pandablush:I'm melting everytime I see her :pandajustright:
  • Choi really hit a spot, since his words still continue to rob YS's sleep. 
  • If both would have been honest with their emotions after meeting each other again, this drama would have been over after episode 2. We pretty much just watch them dance around each other for the obvious.
  • The art of the house with the trees is really, really beautiful. Whoever has drawn this, is really talented. Would love to have something like this hanging on my wall. 
  • Even when Choi is asleep he "attacks" by grabbing YS hand, but she flees again.
  • WHAAAAT? This is probably the first time I really didn't expect this to happen. 
    Spoiler

A KISS? He kissed her? They kissed? HOLY FREAKING MOLY. 

I TOTALLY did not see this coming. 

Yeah sorry, NJ, you out of the picture for real now. :laugh:

• V's 'Christmas Tree' is really an OST masterpiece. Perfect music for all the scenes at the end. 

Preview looks promising. It seems like by the end of next episode, they will be back together. This episode pretty much breaks everything down NJ tried to establish last episode. Her role is back to useles.. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

The art of the house with the trees is really, really beautiful. Whoever has drawn this, it really talented. Would love to have something like this hanging on my wall. 

Yes, it’s something I will pay money to get and proudly display. I hope they will reveal who the real artist is before the end of the drama, maybe in a BTS. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I was too sleepy to write my comments last night. And now I just wanna say I loveeeee the episode A LOT!!! :love:  Jealousy is always the effective way to make up your decision.

The ending scene was so sweet. He picked her up with the umbrella, rainy day, out of camera battery de javu moment. I likd their lines here, "what are you doing?" "I'm thinking"

"Should I leave or stay?"  Kyaaaaaaaaa.... :wow:

Now I'm worried if both are back together again. More people would be broken heart, lols. But love is a mutual feeling and YS and CW are still loving each other. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2