Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

8 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I'll adopt him as well, hahahaha. Seriously, he delivered all the emotions so well.

FHNe_8cUUAkEmlE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I'm really liking this look he's displaying... can't explain it.

9 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I wonder why is second female lead always written so unlikeable. Lols. I like the actress, I've seen her playing some great roles in previous dramas too. But NJ is purely annoying to me. She's overly confident thinking everyone must like her. 

Hahaha I rather 10 x NJ than 1 x Hyo Joo in Sunbae. I really can't stand that woman in there. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@Alice Wonderland Yeah. My impression of Woo Sik is stuck with comedic and/or cheeky boyish Woo Sik. Even though I watched Parasites, I don't remember he's ever made this kind of expression. So this is a face I've never seen from him before.

===

So is this the end of Lee Joon Hyuk's cameo? The project is now officially finished. I saw screenshots of Lee Joon Hyuk as Crown Prince again so did he travel back in time again to appear in sageuk? :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So is this the end of Lee Joon Hyuk's cameo?

I think so. I would have loved to see him at the opening. In which, I wished they show the drawings both artists made that day. The drama talked about plagiarism and then didn't really do much with that after the live drawing. 

@mademoiselle @Alice Wonderland Yes, please adopt!! He tends to play roles a little on the comedic side, but he actually has a lot of range. 

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

I wonder why is he just a cameo??? He's good as team leader Jang here, sharp and quick. I like the first opening banters of the two in the meeting, they just arguing there, but I find it pretty fun. And the chemistry, again KDM is always good paired with anyone. Lols. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I saw screenshots of Lee Joon Hyuk as Crown Prince again so did he travel back in time again to appear in sageuk?

He only appeared in early episodes in flashback, like 2-3 mins. Then it was told he'd dead. Lols. Too bad, can they make him stay longer. Mostly, his cameos are quite memorable. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Adding to the NJ narrative here, I think the moment she starts to have a purpose, her character would already be so irrelevant her "purpose" would not matter...at least not to me. I already skip her scenes. :idk:

I still haven't give up hope yet, I refuse to believe her character is written so plain and one-sided. I agree to @Alice Wonderland, I feel like 50% of her lines are about herself wondering why CU doesn't treat her like the rest of the world does. She sees herself an the epicenter of attention, so everytime someone doesn't give her full attention, it looks like she is utterly hurt in her pride. 

This was fun during the first two or three episodes, but now it gets boring. 

But we have 10 episodes left, so she better start to make a move herself and cause some trouble. 

Not cheering for the second lead feels so wrong for me.  

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

:laugh: I wonder why is second female lead always written so unlikeable.

:pandathink: I don't know what you are talking about :laugh: I feel like second leads are more likeable than most first leads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
10 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I don't know what you are talking about :laugh: I feel like second leads are more likeable than most first leads. 

I dont remember any second female lead  appears to be nice and kind-hearted when it comes to love rival. They're mostly irritating and tiring. :laugh: not all but mostly. 

Tho, there are some degrees of how far this character could be tolerated. And for NJ, as long as she doesn't become clingy and obsessesive over her one sided crush/love, she is okay. She is the lonely super star as I see. She likes to be loved by many, but one single woong makes an exception. She probably could be best friend with Woong but not as love interest. But Im not sure wether the writer will use her to annoy me or not later. Hopefully not. The actress Roh Jeong-Ui did several dramas project I liked and I have a soft spot for her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Tofu Yea, I'm shocked the first time I saw her playing NJ which seems to be not too suitable for her, well just my opinion. Lols. Well, hopefully some episodes will show some of her charm as NJ. Dont you think writer only can write her lines just for "I'm busy but I'm not busy"?? :popcorn:

Spoiler

Hong Sia and her younger daddy are just cute. I love their bonding as father and friend in that drama. 

I don't even know what Nevertheless is all about. Seeing the cast on the list isnt really convincing to me, just handsome actors and not too fond of HSH, dont know why, so I'll just pass it. Hahaha

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I finally started this yesterday and my goodness, I love it so much! This is exactly the type of drama I get so obsessed and invested in. it’s a love story, yes, but there’s depth to it.

The leads have great chemistry and what great acting. I was just thinking to myself that although there were many good dramas I’ve had the pleasure of watching this year, few have moved me to tears and then this one came along. I couldn’t help but cry as Yeon-su cried in the bathroom. She is someone I can very much relate to. Sometimes we have to pretend to be strong to hide the pain that lurks under. 

And the ending of ep 6, as they look at each other with tears in their eyes.. I couldn’t help but cry along with them. 

I have to admit that this is the first time I’m seeing both leads. I don’t think I’ve seen any of their other works before. I’m impressed though and I’m officially adopting the ML and adding him to my oppa list. 

I’m happy to see Ki Seong-chul again. Loved him in Hometown Cha Cha and am a fan. 

I love CW’s parents. Despite them being preoccupied with their business, they truly love and care for CW. The scene where they worry about his insomnia was so cute. Also, when they bump into YS at the live drawing, you can clearly see that they adore her too. The way CW’s mom holds her hand and says “Woong took the break up hard… I’m sure it was hard for you too.” Made me tear up. That was such a golden scene. 

• Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Hello everyone! I finally started this yesterday and my goodness, I love it so much! This is exactly the type of drama I get so obsessed and invested in. it’s a love story, yes, but there’s depth to it.

Yay! Welcome! Aside from Ryeok, we could spazz more on this again, here and there, hahahaha. 

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I’m impressed though and I’m officially adopting the ML and adding him to my oppa list

Nice! You, me and madem are in the club now. Who else come with? Hahaha

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I’m happy to see Ki Seong-chul again. Loved him in Hometown Cha Cha and am a fan. 

You mean the actor whi played Ji Woong? Waitz was he in HCC? I like his character here too. That second male lead who is lovable and kind. JW and CW friendship are also one of the good story in this drama aside from its main love story. 

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

“Woong took the break up hard… I’m sure it was hard for you too.” Made me tear up. That was such a golden scene

Yup, right. Aside from romance, friendship they even include the family bonding here. Something that makes the story even lovelier to watch.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I dont remember any second female lead  appears to be nice and kind-hearted when it comes to love rival. They're mostly irritating and tiring. :laugh: not all but mostly.

I can think of many, but I guess @abs-oluteMwould strongly disagree with all of my choices. :laugh:Second leads are misunderstood most of the time. Sadly NJ's role is so weak, that we don't understand anything yet. First of all, what is her purpose in the drama so far. 

8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

nd for NJ, as long as she doesn't become clingy and obsessesive over her one sided crush/love, she is okay. She is the lonely super star as I see. She likes to be loved by many, but one single woong makes an exception. She probably could be best friend with Woong but not as love interest.

But that would at least give her a purpose other than "Oh I was just here, although I am busy. I normally don't do that. Okay bye. *drives off*". If she actually becomes clingy, obsessive or a disturbance in any way, that that's either relatable or not. At least we can see her hand then and what she brings to the table. As of now her sole purpose is to be as an extra name that needs to be paid from the filming company. 

If she is lonely and wants to find love, then please writer-nim, let us now and give her some depth. I can see her being the supportive, lonely superstar who takes care of a new rising artist and falls in love with him along the way. Let her be the counterpart to YS. "Poor" YS, who dumped him vs "Rich" NJ, who takes care of him and supports him the way he is. 

Ofc Choi Ung will end up with YS, because I'm not the writer, but gimme at least something to satisfy my SLS. 

• Haha 5

Hopefully, we'll see some more depth writer puts into her character soon. 

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Ofc Choi Ung will end up with YS, because I'm not the writer, but gimme at least something to satisfy my SLS. 

Lols, this is hard for you, cuz you keep setting yourself to fall for SLS. While, myself always have smooth way to naturally fall for the main OTP. The male lead here is mesmerizing. He's not that typical badboy that dramaland loves to tell. So no SLS for me. I ever suffered from SLS in some other dramas, but not many. 

As to your wish, I felt that SLS was brewing slowly through Ji Woong. He just loves YS quietly in his own way all these years and I bet it's still going on until now.

One thing, the second lead problem that goes along their history, they always keep their feelings hidden and only confessing when it's already too late. I hope writer doesn't make him too pitiful, I like him as what he is now. He loves YS and he understands both her and CW are still liking each other. He doesnt make any move or try to do something because of their friendship, especially with CW. Some good value of him which made me sympathize more for him. So to make him less broken-hearted, I think writer has plan with that female co-pd/staff who works with him. She has a crush on him and he doesn't know it. Haha it reminds me of HCC second lead. He added to the list of second lead that I like. But still underlined not a second female lead that I liked, lols. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

You mean the actor whi played Ji Woong? Waitz was he in HCC? I like his character here too. That second male lead who is lovable and kind. JW and CW friendship are also one of the good story in this drama aside from its main love story. 

Oh wait! No he wasn’t in HCC, I was thinking of Prison Playbook!! I loved him there. He played the thief who befriends and becomes loyal to the ML. I  would love to see him more. 

In ep 6, YS acknowledges that CW has changed and grown in the time they were apart and she feels that unlike him, she’s remained stagnant, too preoccupied with earning a living. We can see that YS feels insecure. To others she’s smart, beautiful and confident but really it’s a front that she puts up to protect herself and to help her cope with her challenges. She knows this and this is why she feels insecure with Woong. We can all see that he loves and adores her but she’s afraid that one day he will realize she’s not that great and leave her. I think this is why she broke up with him. I think NJ is meant to emphasize the gap that now exists between Woong and YS. NJ is the representation of success. The thing is, Woong did not and still does not have lofty aspirations. All he wants is to have a peaceful and quiet life with the people he loves. YS’s insecurity will only be made worse by NJ’s presence because she will think that’s probably who or what Woong wants and deserves. 

There’s so much between Woong and Yeun-Su that despite how good of a friend Ji-Woong is, I don’t have SLS. I think Ji-Woong gave way to CW bec he likely felt that CW had already shared with him everything else. So this was the one thing CW wanted for himself 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

can think of many, but I guess @abs-oluteMwould strongly disagree with all of my choices. :laugh:Second leads are misunderstood most of the time. Sadly NJ's role is so weak, that we don't understand anything yet. First of all, what is her purpose in the drama so far. 

oh boy ...are we reopening a can of worms here? Gals, don't edge Dhakra on about his SLS. :laugh:

So far NJ's role seems to be just to create jealousy in YS. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I really like this drama a lot, but have no time to write much about it because of RL demands during year end. Anyway, you guys have written a lot of what I thought and felt too, so nothing new to add. My fave would be ep.6 so far, but the new episodes later might just become another new fave. 

It’s not easy to write a story that goes back and forth with flashback and I have always enjoyed such storytelling more instead of the linear timeline ones. I think this drama has done the storytelling and flashback well. I too love that we get to hear the thoughts of the main characters. Some of the camera angles are unusual too that added to the feels of the characters inner thoughts. 

Hopefully I can come write more soon. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

12 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Lols, this is hard for you, cuz you keep setting yourself to fall for SLS. While, myself always have smooth way to naturally fall for the main OTP. The male lead here is mesmerizing. He's not that typical badboy that dramaland loves to tell. So no SLS for me. I ever suffered from SLS in some other dramas, but not many. 

As to your wish, I felt that SLS was brewing slowly through Ji Woong. He just loves YS quietly in his own way all these years and I bet it's still going on until now.

I wouldn't say I desperately try to fall for SL's, but usually I can relate to them more often, cause they try. It always feels like everything falls in place for First leads and it naturally comes together. I like the OTP here, I think they fit and root for them, I just wish NJ would bring something to the table that would put some doubt into this thought process.

I hope Ji Ung gets his little romance with cutter girl. She seemed to be interesting in him, maybe if he will get over YS, he might find room for her in his heart. They seem to be a good fit.

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh boy ...are we reopening a can of worms here? Gals, don't edge Dhakra on about his SLS. :laugh:

So far NJ's role seems to be just to create jealousy in YS. LOL

Well, the year is already over, our annual Shi Ho/SLS discussion is on the horizon. Second Leads are the better partners on paper, cause they try!

Yeah, and probably just for a short moment. After seeing them in front of her house, it felt like NJ's scene was completely forgotten already and every sort of jealousy was floating away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think this drama has done the storytelling and flashback well.

Thanks for pointing this out, because I completely agreed. The drama is doing a great job creating this storyline between the present and past that's easy to follow. Sometimes, they can confusing in other dramas (Law School) but with this drama, I understand when it's CW's memories, YS's memories, etc.

@Mouse Did you watch Itaewon Class with Park Seo Jun? The female lead in this drama is the female lead in Itaewon Class too. Choi Woo Shik does movies more. His last drama was in 2017 or 2018. Choi Woong reminds me a bit of his character in Hogu's Love, both were devoted to the person they loved. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 12/22/2021 at 1:35 AM, Dhakra said:

So we learned the reason about the break-up. I guess @abs-oluteMwas partially right, his lack of ambition played a role, but wasn't the main reason for it. Yeon Su felt inferior, she struggled with life and was actually poor. She suffered a lot from living in two different realities. So after a reality check she dumbed Choi Ung. 

Yup. True. It was mainly how she felt but also she saw that he was just happy to go with her flow instead of desiring something for himself. I understand how she felt then - she had so much to shoulder for a such a young girl. And though she should have shared her concerns with him instead of breaking up like that cold turkey, I cannot blame her. Who among us can say we truly knew what we were doing or how we should handle problems when we're still adulting. 

This episode had me shedding plenty of tears. Seeing how much they meant to each other then (and even now) and seeing how much they still hurt from the break-up makes me root for them to reunite. CW's parents are so amazing too. I love that they have so much empathy and never blamed YS , and still want her to come visit. It is no wonder that CW who grew up with so much love , was very generous too in the way he showered his affections on YS and even his bestie JiUng. 

Turn on CC for subs....ooo looks like in the preview the road to them getting back together is not easy

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yup. True. It was mainly how she felt but also she saw that he was just happy to go with her flow instead of desiring something for himself. I understand how she felt then - she had so much to shoulder for a such a young girl. And though she should have shared her concerns with him instead of breaking up like that cold turkey, I cannot blame her. Who among us can say we truly knew what we were doing or how we should handle problems when we're still adulting

But prior to this I wouldn't have thought the reason she felt inferior, and later on admitting her pride, was the reason she broke up with him. Choi Ung was happy with what he had, he said himself, during the time she broke up with him, he felt like he has at his happiest. Since his family also runs a few very, very successful restaurants, I guess money was never an issue for him.  

But YS felt actually at the exact opposite, she loved him for sure, but pretty much everything was taken away from her due to her and her grandma being poor. They had to work hard for everything. Choi Ung could live a careless life, because he never lost anything. YS was responsible for so many things, she knew her education is mandatory for the outcome of her and her grandma's future. Choi Ung could do whatever he wanted.

So it was like she said, they lived in different worlds and since she was too proud to admit and tell him, she broke up, swallowed the pain and tried to make sure her future is secured. 

I can accept that too. But I also feel his pain.

46 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This episode had me shedding plenty of tears.

The scene between Ji Ung and Choi Ung made me even sadder. Seeing how they grew to each other, how much generousity Choi's family shared with him. Preparing meals and boxes for him, it's was like they secretly adopted him and had a second son. I almost cried when he told the photographer to make sure that his two sons should look great.

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ooo looks like in the preview the road to them getting back together is not easy

Great, YS & CU seems to walk on a bumpy road, facing obstacles on their way back to get together again. NJ make's a move and seems to be able to say different sentences than usual. But it looks like NJ is whispering something into his ear instead of kissing him on the cheek. Maybe this will give her a bit more depth.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4