Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Episode 8

The sceneries in this episode was breath-taking! The autumn (red) leaves on the trees are beautiful. I particularly loved the one behind Ji Woong when he's filming the house. The scene where Ji Woong and Yeon Soo taking a nap was beautiful too, and those trees have yellow leaves instead of red.

The production team finds very aesthetic backdrops and sceneries for this show. Even the ending scene where they kissed were shot beautifully. It's just some ruined house or the sort but it looked so special and beautiful on the screen. They must have used special effects for the rain as well because the rain droplets look different here compared to other dramas. It's all so too pretty!

I'm all for Ji Woong with his assistant PD @Dhakra because Yeon Soo and Woong are not over each other. They just need to work out their issues and they will be back together, which honestly I'm starting to get confused why they are going in circles. I mean, which couple doesn't have issues? At first it is Woong who doesn't know what's on Yeon Soo's mind and now Yeon Soo doesn't know what's on Woong's mind (in the next episode). Whatever it is, it's nice to see Yeon Soo taking the initiative since she's the one who requested the break up and somehow Woong decided to grant it to her rather than appearing before her 5 years ago. Looking forward to see why Woong didn't since she clearly said to him if they do, all he has to do is appear before her. Or maybe he did and she didn't want to take him back... :pandathink:

As for NJ, she's just never on Woong's mind. LOL. Woong's mind is occupied only by Yeon Soo and even if he eventually decided to let her go, it would still take some time to get over Yeon Soo. So NJ's chances is slim.

BTS

I can't see this but I hope you guys can.

@bairama :heart: Oh yay, you're here too!!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

@mademoiselle you mean this bts?

Look at the thumbnail, hahaha. So sweet 🙊🙈

They put so much effort into creating the perfect shot to every scenes. I ended up watching most of their bts, also in one of their drama interview, they were asked to rate their chemistry. Both actually wanna says 100% instead if 99%. I got curious why CWS didnt tell us where the 1% go?? I think I will rewatch The Witch, their chemie here was also great. And he really stops aging!

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

As for NJ, she's just never on Woong's mind. LOL. Woong's mind is occupied only by Yeon Soo and even if he eventually decided to let her go, it would still take some time to get over Yeon Soo. So NJ's chances is slim.

I got impatience since she back on her "ah, why is he ignoring my call?" mode. I think she is too over confident. Lols. Didn't she see that Woong has never really think of her more than a friend? And he is not her fan. I think it is EH is her hardcore fan.

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Alice Wonderland Yeah that BTS. I watched it on Weibo - a place I can always rely on when everything is blocked for me :laugh:

56 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I got impatience since she back on her "ah, why is he ignoring my call?" mode. I think she is too over confident. Lols. Didn't she see that Woong has never really think of her more than a friend? And he is not her fan. I think it is EH is her hardcore fan.

Sigh you're right. It's like she has no other lines worth saying. It's like a broken record and like you said, it's obvious Woong is not interested. Maybe she'll find out next episode since she asked what's Woong and Yeon Soo's relationship is.

41 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Im rooting for them too!! JW kept his feeling for so long, and CR sees it right away. But he won't get over YS that easy as well. Ah, one sided love is hard. It breaks everyone's heart. 

I don't mind one-sided love. I'm a bit like that cute doctor from Romantic Doc 2 and Chae Soo Bin's character in Piece of Your Mind. We enjoy our crushes and these crushes don't bother our crush coz we don't intend to let it be known. xD

• Like 5
  • Star Struck 1
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh wow. Thank you. Now I just need a print of it for my own collection. 

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm all for Ji Woong with his assistant PD @Dhakra because Yeon Soo and Woong are not over each other. They just need to work out their issues and they will be back together, which honestly I'm starting to get confused why they are going in circles. I mean, which couple doesn't have issues? At first it is Woong who doesn't know what's on Yeon Soo's mind and now Yeon Soo doesn't know what's on Woong's mind (in the next episode). Whatever it is, it's nice to see Yeon Soo taking the initiative since she's the one who requested the break up and somehow Woong decided to grant it to her rather than appearing before her 5 years ago. Looking forward to see why Woong didn't since she clearly said to him if they do, all he has to do is appear before her. Or maybe he did and she didn't want to take him back... :pandathink:

Same. I hope Ji gets his loveline with cutter girl. 

Like for real, they just dance around each other since the first time they met each other again, both are clearly unhappy and want the other back in their lifes. But instead of just sitting down and talk about everything, they keep dancing around each other. This could have been dealt with in seconds. 

NJ role is totally unclear again, since from the very first second YS was in Choi Ung's mind. Her apperance was nice two episodes again, but one episode later and we already don't know again where to put her. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Oh wow. Thank you. Now I just need a print of it for my own collection. 

You are welcome. I actually like the drawing of the hardware store more. Too bad he didn't post that one on his IG.

By the way, 18 Again isn't time travelling. The timeline is in the present. It is just him who were given a chance of youth again. Imagine when you're 18 and has a promising future but something huge happened which changed your life forever. You gave up that promising future and your life at 40s didn't turn out well. You always have regrets about the "what if". So you were given a chance... to choose again. What will you do?

===

Side topic:

Anyone watch Kim Da Mi and Woo Sik's movie The Witch? I've only seen the recap review on YouTube. I just watched another one and all spoiled so I'm not sure I want to bother watching at all as I don't like the blood spilling. Koreans really love gores. But... Woo Sik is so handsome there :laugh: I asked also because I'm planning to watch The Witch 2 for Lee Jong Suk 😅

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yes!! Woong and YS attended the award show last night? Aww.  Looking so dashing and oretty elegant with all black. Why weren't they nominated as best couple, dont they see their amazing chenistry?

On 12/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, mademoiselle said:

Anyone watch Kim Da Mi and Woo Sik's movie The Witch? I've only seen the recap review on YouTube. I just watched another one and all spoiled so I'm not sure I want to bother watching at all as I don't like the blood spilling. Koreans really love gores. But... Woo Sik is so handsome there :laugh: I asked also because I'm planning to watch The Witch 2 for Lee Jong Suk

I did. And it was good despite of all those blood spilling. The pd is the one who also did VIP, no wonder. I was crouched in fear watching the brutal scene shown explicitly in VIP. So it's why LJS was cameo in TW2. He wasnt the lead so you wont see hum much in there I think. TW1 was good storyline and KDM acting was superb! Also CWS looks so handsome! He plays villain and it feels a new to see him portraying such character. Joke aside, in their past life they were enemies and here their present being in love. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Why weren't they nominated as best couple, dont they see their amazing chenistry?

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Was surprised too but maybe cause drama is still airing?

I don't know too but PD Choice Award is a higher honour award, second to Daesang. @abs-oluteM this drama won't be nominated in the end of 2022 anymore so if they really want to give, they would have to give it in 2021.

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I did. And it was good despite of all those blood spilling. The pd is the one who also did VIP, no wonder. I was crouched in fear watching the brutal scene shown explicitly in VIP. So it's why LJS was cameo in TW2. He wasnt the lead so you wont see hum much in there I think. TW1 was good storyline and KDM acting was superb! Also CWS looks so handsome! He plays villain and it feels a new to see him portraying such character. Joke aside, in their past life they were enemies and here their present being in love.

I should find some time to properly give it a watch. Just not very motivated now because I was being spoiled of the whole story before lol!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Was surprised too but maybe cause drama is still airing? 

TRS is still airing and there are other shows airing but they got nominated.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't know too but PD Choice Award is a higher honour award, second to Daesang. @abs-oluteM this drama won't be nominated in the end of 2022 anymore so if they really want to give, they would have to give it in 2021.

Best couple is just a treat probably so they got nomiated for this instead. Watching imiatation reminds me of how broadcast station staffs discuss the award shows going on. But I'd love to see them to receive that best couple cuz their amazing chemistry is just tickling your heart! 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I should find some time to properly give it a watch. Just not very motivated now because I was being spoiled of the whole story before lol!

Take it slowly then, those clips on YT basically sum up everything. But watching as whole will make you understand the story better. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 5