Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

Man , these two are just lying to themselves...let me put some key recaps here for eps 9

Spoiler recaps for eps 9

After the kiss, YS ran off ...

Yeon-soo was running in the rain and collided with Kim Ji-woong and hugged him.

Yeon-soo didn't say anything, and Kim Ji-woong recalled the scene where he liked Yeon-su since his school days.

Kim Ji-woong thought / narrated , "I came to like my friend's girlfriend. It was difficult at first, but later I got used to it. I wanted to block the situation of meeting each other even accidentally ." He added, "Don't be fooled by the words of Choi Woong (Choi Woo-shik) who said 'We broke up'. Meet new people," he had told himself .

Kim Ji-woong said, "Forget it slowly. But when I thought that everything went as planned, it reappeared like that. As a risk factor that is  out of control. As it is now. But now that's what I think. If things don't go as planned anyway, should there be another plan? ' he said meaningfully.

[oh I think he may pursue her now]

----------------

2022010319324269482_1.jpg

Yeon-soo (Kim Da-mi) and Lee Sol-i (Park Jin-joo) were having a conversation at Lee Sol's shop.

When Lee Sol asked Guk Yeon-soo, "Did you two sleep together ?", Guk Yeon-soo answered, "Are you crazy?" Lee Sol-yi said, "Is it because of the kiss? Is that why you stopped filming and left as if you were running away?" 

Lee Sol-yi was puzzled, "What's the problem?"

Yeon-soo said, "He hasn't had a single word of contact until now." Lee Sol wondered if he had regretted it and would tell YS that he made a mistake. 

Yeon-soo took sides, saying, "He's not like that. On the inside, he's a more thoughtful kid than me." 

Lee Sol Yi  senses that YS may still have feelings for CW

Then, Sol-yi Lee asked, "Yeonsu, since when? From the beginning?"  Yeon-su thought, "I was confident  that I had let go of this relationship on that day. It would be  okay if I don't shake it. It's okay to pretend it's not and hide it... But," she thought. Then, Yeon-su said to Lee Sol-yi, "What should I do now? I'm not confident anymore," and bowed her head.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Continuation of spoilers for eps 9

Woah YS is angry that CW pretended nothing happened.

YS: You've changed a lot. It's none of my business how you've lived and how freely you've lived, but you've done such a thing at your disposal and tried to pretend nothing happened? Are you holding hands and kissing anyone these days? Since when was that cool? It's cowardly garbage :poliWeird:

Woong briefly dismissed it, saying, "Are you done saying everything?" and Yeon-soo said, "Who are you to act like nothing happened ?Did you really have nothing to say while I am here?"

CW: Should I apologize that it was a mistake? You want that? I don't want to. .... I will never see you again. 

YS: So, you want me to leave quietly. Why didn't you tell me quickly? 

Narrating , Woong said " Nevertheless, my conclusion is that I can't live without seeing Guk Yeon-soo"

CW: Shall we be friends? Let's be friends. We haven't done that before.

Yeonsu: Are you drunk ? Or did you take medicine?"

She got angry and said, "Okay, let's do it. That sounds fun," she said, accepting the change in relationships.

------------------------

FILyRv9UUAcX1N-?format=jpg&name=small

With an absurd expression on her face, Yeon-soo accepted Choi Woong's offer and declared that she would sleep over. When she said, "It's okay because we're friends isn't it ?", Choi Woong had no choice but to watch Yeon-soo get ready to go to bed.

The next morning, Yeon-soo showered and prepared a meal just like it was her home. Choi Woong said, "Please go," while canceling the schedule and staying next to Guk Yeon-su.

They who decided to become friends asked each other questions.  Yeon-soo asked about his relationship with NJ, and the explanation came back, "We're just close."

Choi Woong said, "Since when did you and Kim Ji-woong become so close?" When she asked, "Are you jealous?" Unknowingly, Choi Woong answered "Yes" and quickly covered up saying, "So, don't take Kim Ji-woong, because he's  my friend.

In the midst of this, the bell rang at Choi Woong's house. Yeonsu  and CW went out to the front door together. The visitor was Kim Ji-woong.  Choi Woong was surprised and asked, “What are you doing at this time?” Kim Ji-woong asked, “What are you doing? The two of you.”  Yeon-su was surprised to see Kim Ji-woong and did not say anything.

2022010319330327179_1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Tonight's episode is kind of frustrating but so much fun in it. 😄

It's really funny to see CW and KYS fooling around with their new status "just friend". How frustrating to see CW cowardly hide his feeling but that is the fun, I would be get bored if they get together that easy. I think there will be no just friend after what all happened to them all this time and you don't kiss your friend. 

Somehow I feel quite sorry for JW. He tried so hard to hold his feeling. His backstory broke my heart. And if this is another story, I might want the female lead to fall for the second lead guy. But I'm rootinf for YS and CW to get back together again. And I also don't wanna see JW to be brokenheart ever again.

As for NJ, her few minutes scenes of barging in to their show uninvitedly is quite disturbing. I think she'll get to her sense if CW made himself clear. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My my ...Woong is just trying to act all cool...you can see a mile away how he feels. But I think he wants to give her a taste of her own medicine . LOL

I think Ung is really scared of getting hurt and loosing YeonSu again. Friendship is safe and long lasting. She can remain in his life for a long long time and he won't lose her. If they date, they may break up and next time he runs into her, she may not be single so he wants to be friends just to be around her.

The way he is kidding himself. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 9

• Cutter girl is so brave :pandablush: She asked Ji Ung directly if he did this project because of Yeon Su. She definitely has interest in him. 
  • From a guys point of view, the fact that JU deleted Yeon Su's number immediately after Choi and her breakup, shows what a great and loyal friend he is. Other guys would try to consolate her or take advantage of the situation, but instead he complately erased her, staying loyal to his best friend. He's a great guy, I hope he finds his co-worker.
  • Such nice scenes to see Choi Ung with his mom and having a bit of mother-son time. Such an unique relationship, it also made me happy to see mom being so proud of her sons drawings.
  • Sol-ji is such a nice, wise friend. Only truth coming out of her mouth. And somehow I loved the fact that she openly cursed. Never thought I would hear "holy **it" in a drama :laugh:
  • As much as it is frustrating that they don't start dating again after talking at Choi's place. I can understand him. He went through so many break-ups with her, the last one almost destroyed him. Since then he can't sleep anymore. He said himself, that he never wants to be alone again after being together with Yeon Su. Yeon Su is his sweet poison, he can't live without her, but she makes him somewhat sick.
    If they start dating again and Yeon Su breaks up again, it will completely crush him and he will not get back from this. He tries to protect himself, from being alone again, from being broken again. He tried so many things to lure YS, but she never made a clear statement. 
    So he goes all turtle, protecting what he has left and prevent her from breaking his heart again.
  • But let's be honest, their friendship will not last very long and is going to be jealousy-fest.
  • But I think Yeon Su is so smart, she knows what's up. She acts so funny, she knows he will never be able to keep this up. She realized maybe that he does still like her. Her show was so funny.
    I really love it, the matching couple shirt was so sneaky. Yeon Su can be so bad. 
  • Ahh, a good old gaming session of Tekken. I like it. 
  • Ji Ung is walking so much in the dark. Did he really thought cutter girl asked because of work ethics? Did he really not realize that she actually likes him? Please, don't let this side love story go wrong. 

Seems like next episode is going to have a lot of action. NJ & Choi's "date", YS being jealous, Ji Woong trying to hit on YS, which will fail, NJ trying to hit in Choi Woong, which is going to fail aswell. I think next episode will be plenty of progress and will open up the path for OTP and JU with cutter girl. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3
5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

But let's be honest, their friendship will not last very long and is going to be jealousy-fest.

Ikr! I'm going to enjoy this hahaha

From a guys point of view, the fact that JU deleted Yeon Su's number immediately after Choi and her breakup, shows what a great and loyal friend he is. Other guys would try to consolate her or take advantage of the situation, but instead he complately erased her, staying loyal to his best friend. He's a great guy, I hope he finds his co-worker.

I like JW for this. I dont have to be a guy to see this good value of him. He never succeed in attempts to get over his requited love because he always keep her in his heart. Who do you think watching YS's smiling footage? Is that CW? JW's feeling will get caught. 

Sol-ji is such a nice, wise friend. Only truth coming out of her mouth. And somehow I loved the fact that she openly cursed. Never thought I would hear "holy **it" in a drama

Somehow I want her to have a love line with eun ho, haha. Their banter is really fun!

• Like 7

After such a beautiful kiss in the rain, I rolled my eyes a little when Ung told Yeon Su that he does not intend to date her again, but wants to be friends instead. However, thanks to Yeon Su's wittiness, she made him want to eat his words and made the situation quite comical. I like that she doesn't completely have the upper-hand though. It's good she saw NJ calling Ung's cell phone. I think it made her realize not to take his "let's be friends" request as a complete joke. 

I didn't quite understand Ung's dream (or nightmare) of himself as child crying. Did he get lost or separated from his parents? Recalling this traumatic memory seemed to have triggered his reluctance to date Yeon Su. As he said, being alone after being with someone, isn't something he wants to experience again.

On 12/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

This end of year, I'm seeing such acting from both Woo Sik and Lee Jun Ho (The Red Sleeve) for their characters. Lub lub lub such performances.

I know this is off topic here, but I binged The Red Sleeve over holiday break and LOVE the story to pieces. I really liked LJH from Just Between Lovers. I know CWS from his healing reality series which I understand he was struggling with the direction of his acting career. So, I agree with you it's been enjoyable to see Choi Woo Shik and Lee Jun Ho shine in their latest roles. Hope this is just the beginning of many great things for the two actors.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@JenL to that meme, I think thst is the fun. If they become couple again very easy. The story will get bored sometimes. I tend to lose my interest for several dramas which couple happened so fast. 

@mademoiselle oh I'm starting to dislike NJ more and more, gosh.... CW is quite annoying a bit. But I like seeing YS got jealous at him. Next time it will be CW turn. :laugh:

And I love YS's hair stylist. She looks like a teenager, cute. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, peperomia said:

I didn't quite understand Ung's dream (or nightmare) of himself as child crying. Did he get lost or separated from his parents? Recalling this traumatic memory seemed to have triggered his reluctance to date Yeon Su. As he said, being alone after being with someone, isn't something he wants to experience again.

I read a theory on twitter which was based on an early character description that SBS gave. Apparently , CW is adopted . His real father abandoned him. 

I can't find the post now on twitter. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Episode 9

In relation to Ji Woong's feelings for Yeon Su, he has a crush on Yeon Su but he doesn't actually know her personally because ever since he finds out she's dating Woong, he's been avoiding her. I am not convinced this can be considered as "love" yet.

The dream that Woong has of him being lost amongst the crowd, I find it interesting. It seems to have traumatised him, and it led me to wonder again whether Woong is actually adopted. It'd better explain his aloofness and have no issue "sharing" with Ji Woong. His willing to share behaviour is unusual for the only child in the family.

My heart aches for Woong during the scene of him lying on his mum's lap about how he's growing up on his own and him not wanting to get used to being alone again. He loves her, wants to keep seeing her and keep her close but he's scared to give his all and lose her again so he rather they remain as friends since friendship can last forever. It's so relatable and reasonable for a person to feel that way when they want to protect themselves.

I'm glad Yeon Su didn't back down on it and tried to challenge his decision. So far I think it's fun to see it however the issue is, we're only at episode 9 and I already think the OTP's relationship is dragging on. Although I enjoy the slight angst displayed by Woong and the push/pull is fun but it's concerning how will the show fill up 6 more episodes about this OTP and still ensure the show remains interesting and captivating without the viewers feeling bored of the repetitive denial?

Omo @abs-oluteM your post just confirmed my doubt on Woong being adopted!

New episode stills for episode 10

61d3fcee4b24664ffec2b62d-p.jpg

Spoiler

61d3fcef4b24664ffec2b62e-p.jpg61d3fcef509a017676c8fc63-p.jpg

Gosh, these stills are beautifully shot!

61d3f8555c73e54fee9cbf46-p.jpg

Spoiler

61d3f855d9144066b97f036e-p.jpg61d3f8555c73e54fee9cbf47-p.jpg61d3f855d9144066b97f036f-p.jpg61d3f854d9144066b97f036b-p.jpg
61d3f853d9144066b97f0369-p.jpg61d3f8545c73e54fee9cbf44-p.jpg61d3f8535c73e54fee9cbf41-p.jpg61d3f853d9144066b97f036a-p.jpg61d3f8545c73e54fee9cbf42-p.jpg
61d3f854d9144066b97f036c-p.jpg
61d3f854d9144066b97f036d-p.jpg
61d3f8545c73e54fee9cbf43-p.jpg
61d3f8545c73e54fee9cbf45-p.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@JenL to that meme, I think thst is the fun. If they become couple again very easy. The story will get bored sometimes. I tend to lose my interest for several dramas which couple happened so fast. 

I haven't written my feelings on the last episodes yet...I actually like when it takes awhile for the main couple to get together. Haha, @SilverMoonTea and I like when there's slow-burn romantic tension so that's definitely not my issue. :lol:

In this series, it's not the getting together that I think is hard to watch...it's just a little frustrating (as an observer) to watch them misunderstand each other over and over again because they both won't let go of things in the past and won't openly communicate their problems. This series shows this more than other love stories  due to the storyline being about a couple who broke up so there's a lot of hurt they need to get over (if they could only do it properly) before anything has a chance of happening. But I also think it's  pretty realistic in that most people have had experience of being hurt by an ex or even spliting with a friend and feeling lost/ angry/ hurt about what went down before it ended.

:idk::idk::idk:

• Like 8

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

True that the push pull can be frustrating , and if this was any other drama I would have been cursing. But for some reason , this show keeps me engaged all the way. I attribute that to the story telling and the narration that we get from the characters.

As viewers , outside looking in , it clear as day that CW and YS have not gotten over each other and are still in love. But if we were in their shoes, actually it is quite hard to tell. I put myself in  YS's shoes and it can drive you nuts being sent  this mixed messages from the person you still like. I thought it very brave of her to confront him cause I am not sure if I could have done the same. I understand Woong too. He's been so badly hurt by her in the past that he it is hard to vulnerable again. What if she steps on his heart one more time? 

I also feel quite bad for Ji Ung, and am not looking forward to any full blown love triangle. If Ji Ung read between the lines abit, he would know that Chaeran likes him too. After all , he scolded her for focusing on him instead of work. But of course right now , he is too engrossed in sorting out what he wants to do with his feelings for YS. 

See this ...lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

3 hours ago, JenL said:

In this series, it's not the getting together that I think is hard to watch...it's just a little frustrating (as an observer) to watch them misunderstand each other over and over again because they both won't let go of things in the past and won't openly communicate their problems.

I agree with this. I'm kind of caught up now on this series, but I find myself being frustrated by the characters for their inability to communicate with each other, both in the past and in the present. Both OTP characters have difficulties communicating to others as well, YS because of her inherent pride and CW because he's just that laid back usually. However, when they were dating, they had loved each other pretty fiercely. So, it's frustrating to watch them not be able to also communicate with each other.

YS keeps playing head games with CW, trying to get him to say the "right" things to her, the things that she wants to hear. She's probably not understanding how much she's messing with his head by playing all those head games with him, not to mention the multiple break-ups that she initiated.

CW on his part isn't actually trying very hard to understand YS. It's enough for him to love her and to decide that he can't understand her so just go with the flow of whatever YS says she wants. It's clear that he was unhappy with that, however, but he never conveys the depth of his hurt or his confusion to YS. He also had little ambition until YS left him. Until then, he just wanted to be happy with people he loved and chill. However, this did not sit well with YS who was more driven as a youth and she nags him into going to college. CW only did it because YS wanted him to. That passivity, even when he is agreeing to do what she wants, without trying to understand or communicate was a frustrating characteristic of CW.

It was also extremely frustrating to hear that YS ultimately caused the final break up because of her pride. Her family situation was untenous so that she had a hard time keeping anything together, but she couldn't bring herself to share that with CW, so better to break up with him a final time and hurt him instead rather than risk having her pride hurt by CW finding out that she was going through difficulties. It's just hard to have much sympathy for her, especially when she then blames the break up on CW instead for being clueless rather than taking a long, hard look at her own self.

So, in the present day, they have a lot of past history and immaturity to get through. Plus, neither character seem to be the self-aware and self-reflective type, at least as this drama has shown us so far.

I don't mind a slow burn relationship, but this drama takes passive-aggressive to a new level. Even reading back what I just wrote, I realize that I abuse the heck out of the word "frustrating", so that must be how I feel. LOL

I also feed badly for JW, but I hope he will be able to see the trusty junior PD who has a crush on him rather than continue to long for his best friend's girlfriend once the OTP get together. Still, JW also probably has to take a shot at getting the woman that he's had a crush on for so long before he can move on.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

Btw after seeing the scene @mademoiselleposted about CU spitting water again, was I the only one who thought he totally overreacted? I mean, she was clothed with wet hair. She just showered. It wasn't like she wore only underwear and left the shower half-naked. I mean, sure, kinda funny she showered in his home, but it's not like she is a complete stranger.

13 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I like JW for this. I dont have to be a guy to see this good value of him. He never succeed in attempts to get over his requited love because he always keep her in his heart. Who do you think watching YS's smiling footage? Is that CW? JW's feeling will get caught. 

Somehow I want her to have a love line with eun ho, haha. Their banter is really fun!

I think it is Choi, I think he remember the words cutter girl told him during the trip. She told him she saw the raw footage and saw different parts of them that weren't in the final product. So maybe he asked her or JU to watch the uncut footage. 

Wouldn't mind aswell, but I think she is way too mature for him. 

• Like 5