Our Beloved Summer 그 해 우리는 [2021-2022]

On 1/5/2022 at 6:09 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I love ep.10... I didn't think there was no progress. In fact, for me there is a big progress in that YS finally acknowledging her true feelings. I am so glad she could finally let it out to her grandma, instead of keep pretending it doesn't matter. That part was shot really beautifully and very powerful, I thought. YS off the running tap, and a unique angle at the drop of water from the tap, all quiet, and then the clear and crisp OST/BGM started. The water drop feels like her tears, and I started welling up as well. I cried as she opened up to her grandmother and asked grandma to scold her instead. What can a grandmother do except to hug her crying granddaughter.... 

Oh you decribe the scene so vividly. I was really annoyed that too many unecessary NJ-CW scenes this episodes so I forgot to appreciate this scene than I should do. Me too, crying ugly with her, when she said to haelmon that the one should be scolded is her, the who abondon him is her, and she regrets of that decision. Oh, poor YS, :letalQQ: I think she would tell him something when he left the house but haelmoni called her to get inside. I wonder what if she speaks up her mind to him. 

@YourHighness haha, I guess many of us here are complaining with how bad NJ character was written here. I think she was supposed to be sympathized with her sad background. Like I have mentioned to some of my earlier posts here. It's hard for me to like NJ. And seeing from the preview she even becomes more obvious to be quite self-centered. Well, I guess she will really stop with her own calculations and accept that CW never reciprocrate her feeling. With her claiming CW and her have a relationship to YS will only make YS clears up her mind and that probably why she'll tell CW she won't be his friend anymore. And things will be sorted out from here. From both sides, they will have their time to really rethink of what they trully feel for each other.

@Tofu so you can have PSJ all for you, hahaha. Back then, I ship JYS and PSR in IC. But I agreed, KDM and CWS are best couple in OBS.Too bad they didn't get this on last year award. I loved to see them since The Witch. They didn't have romance in there but more to fighting and bloody kicking. But strangely, their chemistry, the spark was right there. Then later I knew they reunited in OBS. Well, she's one of the queen chemistry actress I think. I even watch all their bts, haha. So fun!

So I count the days, and why is it still friday?? :nervous: this long wait is painful. 

@mademoiselle oh they really spoil us a lot with a long list of beautifully melodious osts. And listening to some of the songs is really making me feel the warm of summer breeze, just like its title beloved summer.  

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Kim Dami talks about how she is able to relate to YS's choices

“My character Yeon-soo looks strong on the outside but she’s actually quite delicate,” said Kim. “She builds layers of walls and thorns to defend herself and to hide her soft side and the only one to penetrate those layers is Choi Woong. That’s why Yeon-soo’s signs of affection only show when she’s with Choi Woong, and I think that’s what makes her character so attractive. Yeon-soo lacks love and doesn’t think she deserves romance, but she finally accepts it and finds new aspects of herself through the process. The growth of her character throughout this process of finding herself was impressive to see.”

More here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2022/01/04/kim-da-mi-can-relate-to-her-characters-choices-in-our-beloved-summer/?utm_campaign=forbes&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=Valerie&sh=24f1cf485cba

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Hahahaha I thought of Dhakra too when I saw the YT video @Tofu and then wonder if I should post it because I don't want him to know how much layers girls put on to look like that :laugh:. Love how pretty she looks though, even though she looks good without as well. But the makeup really brighten up the face and enhance the beauty... just that I feel I'd need to spend a good ol' half an hour to remove the icings on my face if I were her. :psweatduck:

• Haha 6

Oh, the preview! I wanna watch it now! It seems like KJW wants to know what is CW thinking after knowing his feelings. But he pretends to ignore it. 

Translation:

W: If you're drunk you should just go home, what are you doing here?

J: I enjoyed the lunchbox you brought me.

W: You should go tell my mom that, what are you doing all the way here? Did you come just to tell me that?

J: I heard you came to my company

W: Ah... well... You always act like you're so busy but you sure leave your office empty to wander around a lot.

J: sigh

W: If you're gonna sleep then go to bed. I'm going to work a little more.

J: Someone told me that my camera captures my emotions. Even though I try to hide it, it's obvious. Do you think so too?

W: I don't know what you're talking about.

J: You saw everything. Didn't you?

Cr to Erin L

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Alice Wonderland...okay I am nervous but excited. Not a bad thing for Ji Ung to "trash" it out with CW about his feelings. This will make CW realise that he is kidding himself about wanting to be just friends with YS.

This is subbed too

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I guess this is the trashing out scene? 

FIutXSuVcAMospK?format=jpg&name=medium

In episode 11, which will be aired on this day, Kook Yeon-soo is engulfed in complex and subtle emotions due to the scandal between Choi Woong and NJ. Here, even between Choi Woong, Guk Yeon-su, and Kim Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol), who have reached the end of the documentary filming, an unusual current flows.

The production team of 'That Year We' said, "The romance between Choi Woong and Guk Yeon-soo has entered a stagnant section. The misunderstanding and regret that deepened in the wrong timing, please watch and see if the tangled bond in the relationship can be unraveled.”

원문보기:
https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202201100906013&sec_id=540201&pt=nv#csidx072b89c669af321ba14e7ac1317c80f

• Like 5

Some recaps for Eps 11 

Yeonsu (Kim Da-mi), was concerned about the dating rumors between Woong (Choi Woo-shik) and NJ (Noh Jeong-eui).

When the company (NJ's ) said it would not publish a correction article about the rumor of his romantic relationship with Choi Woong, NJ said, "It's nothing to do with him, but I'm the one chasing him. Leave him alone. Don't treat him like a candy thrown at me," she said angrily.

After seeing the article, Woong said to Eun-ho (An Dong-gu), who answers calls from reporters, "Please speak well. It's not like that, but tell them I'm her fan."

Woong, who belatedly called NJ, said, “I just saw the article. Sorry. I've never thought about this before, so I think I made it difficult." NJ apologized, "The writer will have more trouble. Our company may not publish articles. The writer asked me to publish a rebuttal article.”

Yeonsu, who had been upset all day after seeing the dating rumors, decided not to worry about it, but arrived at Woong's house after buying a bunch of jujubes sold on the street. However, Woong was not at home, and Eun-ho, whom she met in front of the house, pushed her into the house. While waiting for a long time, the doorbell rang, and Yeonsu met NJ.

Ji-woong (Kim Seong-cheol) was also confused about his feelings for Yeon Su, met up with  the production company's team at a dinner.  The drunk writer asked Ji-woong if he likes Guk Yeon-su, and he advised, "See what you filmed and edit it again. Follow the eyes of the cast."

Ji-woong visited Woong drunk, and Ji-woong asked Woong, "I heard that my camera contains emotions but even if I hide them, it's so obvious. Do you think so, too?"  Woong replied, "I don 't know what you mean," but Jiwoong said, "You saw it all." When Woong kept avoiding the subject, Jiwoong said, "You're telling me not to talk. You want me to shut up because you don't want to know. I knew this would happen, but still I'm disappointed," he said.

On the last day of filming the documentary, Woong and Yeonsu had to shoot together, but Woong did not appear at the filming site and dived. Woong went to the stationery shop he visited as a child and visited Yeonsu's grandmother. Yeon-soo's grandmother told Woong, "If Yeon-soo did something wrong to you, it's all because of me. I raised her to live to only think of herself. So don't hate her," she said. In response, Woong said, "I don't hate Yeon Su. She's a really good kid. She's too cool (too good)  for me," he said.

Finding Woong, who was drinking alone, Yeon-soo joined him and  drank a glass of wine with Woong without saying a word. Yeonsu continued, "I thought about what you said to be friends, but I can't do it." At that time, Woongeun cut off Yeonsu's words and said, "I missed you. I've always wanted to see you, Yeonsu," he confessed.

Woong said, “When you come back and you are in front of me, and strangely, I keep getting angry at you and I hate you so much. But now I think I know. I guess I just wanted to see you love me. I think I wanted to see you who only loved me. Yeonsu, keep loving me. Please don't let go and keep loving me. Please,” he said, crying. At Woong's sincerity, Yeonsu also shed tears and nodded her head. 

Meanwhile, Choi Woong said through the epilogue, "At the age of five and six, my father told me to lie down eyes close and count to the top floor," adding, "I think opened eyes after counting one by one." And then  wasn't there. "Isn't it funny?" Choi Woong said  then shed tears as he confessed his past when he was abandoned by his biological father. :nervous: Kook Yeon-soo kissed Choi Woong.

2022011019315755926_2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

This episode is bittersweet. I cried for woong, whoa those who predict this plot, you got it right! Now it all clears everything why was woong acted like that, all his fear of being abondoned. 

The couple made up is just so emotional. Great acting for both. I cried in relieve they opened up to each other and face their problems head on. And the ending epilogue is just really bittersweet. 😭😭

Glad that NJ didn't lie. She is less irritating now. Lols

The preview, how could JW and NJ are ended up drinking together. These two are on the same boat, sailing a sinking one. I hope the two will get their good enclosure. So far writer always tease us with some cheap tropes like bad and clingy second lead but then it turned not that way at all. So this time I will try to believe that the two will get over their heartbreak and move on. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 6

Finally Monday, always feels like an eternity

Episode 11

• The little puppy dog is so cute :pandablush:
  • Interesting to see why Choi rejected the offer at first, but was quite excited after being told someone can accompany him. So he wasn't as lackluster as we thought at first. Quite the opposite in fact, he realized it was a big chance. 
  • Jealous Yeon Su is so cute aswell :pandalove:
  • It is actually quite interesting to see NJ's first reaction to her CEO, she wanted to refuse the article and go against hit. She even admit that they weren't dating and felt like it was necessary to shut down these rumors. 
    But her company decides otherwise, because this scandal isn't actually bad and Koo has quite a good reputation. They simple make PR out of it and take advantage of the situation. 
  • But I actually loved it a lot more how NJ went against her and defended Choi. She admitted to have a crush on him and that he is not someone to "blow off some steam". I liked that scene, it shows again NJ has a good heart and is able to stand up, for herself and for him. 
  • She doesn't want him to get involved in this industry, the public and PR shenanigans. Because as innocent soul as he is, it would probably burn him. So NJ actually tried to get him out of the line of fire. 
    On the phone NJ was actually quite nice and transparent too. Sigh, they would be such a great couple aswell. 
  • I really hope cutter girl succeeds and gets Ji-Ung in the end. She really tries hard, is so lovely and would be a great girlfriend. I totally ship them. 
    I felt so sorry for her that her date failed.
  • KInda weird of NJ to refer to herself as 'superstar' :laugh:I mean she is probably right, but still kinda awkward to congratulate him to have a scandal with her. 
  • NJ is SO NICE to even ask if she is getting between Yeon Su and Choi Ung. She totally is different from the usual second lead, she's an anti second-lead while being so polite to everyone and not wanting to put anyone at discomfort.
    Sadly though, that makes her character a bit redundant and boring, because without fire, what does she bring to the table? She will be rejected and that's it. 
    She didn't even admit to them seeing each other. Again, nice, very polite, but kinda boring. No fire, no.......anything. 
    What's her point if she just.....does nothing? Like literally nothing.  
  • he scene between Choi Ung & Yeon Su's grandma was so nice. I liked how humble she asked "What are you doing then?". Choi's whole face said "I don't know aswell".
  • Such an emotional, beautiful scene at the end in the restaurant. Can this finally be the moment they get back together? 
    I swear, I dare you if next episode is going to start with both waking up again, no restaurant scene to be found and both talking in flashbacks about what happened and they both still haven't decided if they are a couple again. 
  • So Choi was adopted like stated, what a sad, cruel story.
    I just wonder why he helped Yeon Su grandma and why his parents left their restaurant.  
39 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The preview, how could JW and NJ are ended up drinking together.

I just hope this doesn't end up in another scandal or them ending up together! JW is meant to be with cutter girl!

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I just hope this doesn't end up in another scandal or them ending up together! JW is meant to be with cutter girl!

Lols, no worries. I believe since they shared this same pain of unrequited love, so they comfort each other through drinking. Chae ran is really a nice girl so I hope she won't join this two forming a band of one side love. 

I wonder why is CW parents visiting the countryside on the day CW was abondoned. But i really love this two loving couple, they cherish CW with all their heart and make sure he won't feel lacking. But however much love he gets, deep down his heart that painful memory always haunts him. Those sleepless night probably was one of the effects too. And the countless breakup makes him even feeling worse. Poor CW, it really breaks my heart seeing him cried. 😭 I put some cold spoon on my eyes before sleeping so it won't look swollen tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Gosh, I just love this drama so much!

I had a feeling the CW was adopted due to the dreams he was having and it turns out my gut was right. I am curious to find out though how he ended up being with his current parents and would love to find out more. I adore CW's parents. Despite the father's nagging, he actually lets Wong pursue his own path. The part where they sit and say that Yeon-soo is perfect for Wong is just so sweet. I find this part quite admirable because they witnessed first hand how devastated Wong was after the breakup and what it took for him to move forward from that. So the fact that they are still just as warm and welcoming to YS says a lot.

I've loved seeing the friendship between the two Ungs and I hope that they get a chance to talk it out instead of avoiding the topic. I think CW knows now that JW has feelings for YS. The part where he thinks to himself as he is exiting the studio, "If I do nothing, nothing will happen".. I initially thought he was thinking about YS but now I think he may have been referring to JW. If he doesn't admit that he knows about his feelings, they can all maintain the status quo.

Knowing now that CW was abandoned as a child gives us further insight as to why CW was so warm to JW as a child. Since he knows what it is like to left behind and feel alone, he was able to relate and understand JW. This is also likely why he was so willing to share everything he had with him. CW has a heart of gold and I'm sure his adoptive parents had something to do with that.

I knew that CW still had feelings for YS but held back due to his fear of being left behind again. What I didn't realize was how big this fear actually was. YS leaving him was the second time for CW. He had been left by his father and then again he felt that he was abandoned by YS. I can totally understand why CW was so hesitant. He was building a wall to protect himself. Wanting to be friends with YS was keeping her at arms length - he didn't want to be so close but he couldn't bear to not have her in his life either. 

I thought the analogy with the puppy was pretty good. In the end, CW realized that he has to be the one to deal with his fears so that he can move forward. Unless he faces it himself, there's no promise that YS can make that will take his fears away. It is important for CW to choose to risk it all again.

I am glad that NJ is not an evil and manipulative second lead. Her being a decent human being actually makes her more palatable as a potential partner for CW. For me, second leads are more interesting when I can actually see the potential for happiness if the lead were to end up with them. I think the one thing that NJ and CW share is the loneliness they feel despite the outward successes they both have and the need to put up a front to protect themselves. NJ isn't as carefree as she appears to be. Those comments actually hurt her. And Wong isn't as unaffected either by what is going on around him.

The scene where the writer (?) tells JW to look at the casts' gazes was quite good. I think the problem was that JW was hoping to find out that YS and CW have moved on from each other which could potentially mean a chance for him. The problem was, it was affecting his work. Instead of telling the story as to how it actually is, he was trying to tell a story from his perspective. This is why the writer told him to look at where the casts' gazes were landing. Because that is the true story. And we can see that despite what CW and YS were saying or despite how they were behaving toward each other, they always gazed lovingly at each other.

I am glad that YS and CW have decided to finally be honest with each other. I hope this means a step forward for them together. Can't wait to see the next episodes!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump