Havenites Dabang

Just now, NiteWalker said:

i had nothing lols......however im going to be vegeterian for the next 10 days soon.....starting on Friday :) 

Take away! Are frozen ones available there? These days my family also take away rather than make from scratch. There are vegetarian dumplings too. I tried it and it was good (I guess depends on the filling too). I used to be boring and just have pork + garlic chives dumplings until I came across a resto that did pretty good chicken & prawn or vegetarian pan-fried dumplings.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Take away! Are frozen ones available there? These days my family also take away rather than make from scratch. There are vegetarian dumplings too. I tried it and it was good (I guess depends on the filling too). I used to be boring and just have pork + garlic chives dumplings until I came across a resto that did pretty good chicken & prawn or vegetarian pan-fried dumplings.

hahaha yea....they do....however they are getting too expensive....mom use to make them...however nowadays mom cant stand for long and i dont have the times to really sit down to help her either....maybe later nearer Chinese New Year i will lols

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Jane yes can...apparently some ppl said our oranges are really sweet. I myself don't really like eating my own oranges (shrugs)

@mademoisellesia i've 'ajinomoto' too..so maybe i can add that instead of the chicken stock powder...hmmm. I'm not a fan of chives nor gingers..and that's the problem i found with some store bought or restaurants ones...too much of them. I think i'm gonna make mine really simple...pork or beef mince with spinach. 

@NiteWalker why do you need to go vegetarian for 10 days?

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 minute ago, mademoisellesia said:

True. So much work! Wash, cut, mix, (roll dough/make wrappers), wrap, cook :jiminbtssigh:

we usually buy the wrappers ... we wont make them fresh...

7 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@NiteWalker why do you need to go vegetarian for 10 days?

to celebrate the Ninth Emperor God birthday, it fallen on 1st Chinese 9th Month Calendar

• Like 7

@mademoisellesia :shocked2: 80% chives :shocked: ... Well.. You must love your chives and at least you re healthy then heheheheh. I was actually tempted to just make meat dumplings (without any veg) -.- 

@NiteWalker i see...so why go veggies only?  Lol..i'm really unfamiliar with this festival

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

22 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

9th emperor? Isn't there only one i.e. Yu Huang Da Di?

hahaha no different....a different one lols....this God is from the sea, he use to be a pirate, killing and doing what any pirate will do.....before his mother managed to make him mend his way and from then on to atone his sin, he became a vegeterian for the rest of his life till his enlightenment i guess?

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@NiteWalker Hmm... not sure I know this one. I realise my Chinese Gods are based on my knowledge from Journey to the West rather than the actual Taoism/Buddhism :psweatduck:

hahaha Journey of the West also have certain myth and also stories to tell....as due to Tortoise / Turtle all the sutra is lost when it flip the gang into the river and they were not able to save all the sutra which is why in the Buddhism  legend they do not have the actual sutra....

and to punish the Tortoise / Turtle, you can see that whenever a monk praying they will always knock on a round thing...that represent the turtle / tortoise and this is made to punish it for flipping the gang into the river making them lost the sutra

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@im0202 how is ur new work? you're liking the new work place?

Yeah I do! Just lots of things to prepare for each day because I’m new there and of course have to get used to how stuff is being done.

I’m slowly falling behind on my currently-watching dramas though cos some nights I don’t have enough energy to watch a 1h pkus episode lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Yeah I do! Just lots of things to prepare for each day because I’m new there and of course have to get used to how stuff is being done.

I’m slowly falling behind on my currently-watching dramas though cos some nights I don’t have enough energy to watch a 1h pkus episode lol.

its good then...

i remember when i change to new surrounding 5 years bk too...i was always late home and my friends was huh u were never late home...u were always on times when u were with us last times....i was like it was really diff there and now....

at that times when i get home all i want to do hang my leg up and shut down....didnt even want to see the screen lols

• Like 6
3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@NiteWalker I miss popiah...but I realised home popiah is different to what I've had outside... so I guess I miss home made popiah lol. Ok, this is random. LOL

I love popiah! Homemade popiah has a comforting, family element to it. But I do like bought popiah too, some of them have really awesome chili.

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@Jane yes can...apparently some ppl said our oranges are really sweet. I myself don't really like eating my own oranges (shrugs)

Lol! Why is this so funny to me. Not oranges but we have our own little calamansi plant at home to pluck for seasoning sometimes. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

hwaiting! So you still have around 1.5 months to go before the end of your semester? I just submitted my last assignment for this semester yesterday. Now I'm on semester break and will resume in a month time for summer semester...gaahhhh

Yeah, this quarter ends Dec 15th and I think the Winter term starts January 7th? The schedule is a little weird right now so it's hard to say exactly when classes end/begin atm. 

Hwaiting! 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png