Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I’ve visited family in Guangzhou and next headed to Greece/Italy, then Japan. I’m beginning to think it’s too much in 2-3 months

Ooo nice. I did consider Greece this year for the my mid year break but at the end I decided to visit my friend in Edinburgh and will extend a few days in Brussels & Amsterdam, and will be headed there in June.  Anyway do share your Greece itinerary - I had a headache deciding which island to pick. LOL 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

But you’ll be glad to know I finished Queen of Tears - are you shipping them 😂  Stopped Blood Free at ep3 - did that get any better?

QOT - eh I don't ship them IRL ahahahah...but I know there were plenty of people who did. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in their offscreen interactions. 

As to BF , the show is a sci-fi so I think I was alright with the direction of the show. But @SilverMoonTea was traumatised. You can read the thread when you are free. It is hilarious :laugh:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM I’ve visited family in Guangzhou and next headed to Greece/Italy, then Japan. I’m beginning to think it’s too much in 2-3 months 😅

But you’ll be glad to know I finished Queen of Tears - are you shipping them 😂  Stopped Blood Free at ep3 - did that get any better?

Please continue to tag me for any good ones now/coming up. I will catch up later. Thanks!

Japan! I want to go too! 😭

Hahaha, no, not shipping them. I am OK with their chemistry and because of that, I don't think they will become a real couple. I've two proven records of not feeling the chemistry for the couple, and they got married. Although one is divorced now.  :laugh:

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

As to BF , the show is a sci-fi so I think I was alright with the direction of the show. But @SilverMoonTea was traumatised. You can read the thread when you are free. It is hilarious

Ahahaha, agreed with @abs-oluteM. Tea was so traumatised by the ending. BUT, she still proceed to open a couple thread for them. :laugh:

Do you both take premium economy when travelling to EU?

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)

On 5/20/2024 at 9:28 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Dhakra Hey, have you seen the Burning Sun documentary from BBC? Came out yesterday.

https://youtu.be/9EEp1q_iMYc

No and so far I don't plan to do so aswell. I know it will only made me very angry and put me in a bad mood for days. I read Goo Ha-ra played a major role in these investigations, which makes me ever sadder. She was such an angel and we lost her.

But I heard the documentary is well made and very interesting, Taxi Driver 2 only scratched the surface of the topic, but it made me realize how sensitive I am about it and how it greatly affects my mood. I really can't stand these horrible human beings.   

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Amsterdam, and will be headed there in June. 

Perfectly timed to experience the European Championships aswell. Europe will be in full football fever this summer. They start in Mid-June, so it will be everywhere.

I will be in Amsterdam later this year aswell. such a beautiful city.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
59 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

erfectly timed to experience the European Championships aswell. Europe will be in full football fever this summer. They start in Mid-June, so it will be everywhere.

Thankfully I leave before that...as it is the hotel rates are expensive & the sites would be so packed.

Am definitely looking forward to Amsterdam. Had wanted to go earlier for the tulips but just couldn't work out the timing.

What dramas are you watching?

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thankfully I leave before that...as it is the hotel rates are expensive & the sites would be so packed.

Am definitely looking forward to Amsterdam. Had wanted to go earlier for the tulips but just couldn't work out the timing.

What dramas are you watching?

Hahaha, yeah, hotel prices are totally crazy during that time.

Currently I am just watching "Crash" and liked the first two episodes. Will continue today. Haven't watched many KDrama after the hole Welcome to Samdalri left behind.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Dhakra said:

No and so far I don't plan to do so aswell. I know it will only made me very angry and put me in a bad mood for days. I read Goo Ha-ra played a major role in these investigations, which makes me ever sadder. She was such an angel and we lost her.

But I heard the documentary is well made and very interesting, Taxi Driver 2 only scratched the surface of the topic, but it made me realize how sensitive I am about it and how it greatly affects my mood. I really can't stand these horrible human beings.   

Understandable. The documentary helped summarise it a bit better what actually happened, timeline and all. But I still feel there seems to be a lot more details that were not revealed. Like how some dramas played out, there's definitely some very powerful politicians and chaebol behind all this.

*Don't read if you don't want to feel upset* - I just want to rant a bit with the thoughts I've been having after watching this.

Spoiler

Sadly, the conclusion of this video indicated the same thing that happened in Burning Sun is still happening today. Burning Sun incident barely change a thing. The policeman in high position was not even charged. I was mad about this.  

I just saw news on Jung Joon Young trying to get back into the music industry as a producer. Ugh, I don't know what should become of him to be honest. 5 years in jail is definitely not enough! But let's say he was in jail for longer than 5, does he deserve another chance in life or not for what he has done? At this point, I don't even care if he felt remorse and has learnt his mistakes. He doesn't deserve forgiveness.

@Dhakra I remember you like her in My Beloved Summer. She looks gorgeous. I just am not sure this is your cup of tea. Looks like The Heirs v2.0 with a bunch of rich kids and their first world problems. 😆 But I will check it out to see what it is about.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Understandable. The documentary helped summarise it a bit better what actually happened, timeline and all. But I still feel there seems to be a lot more details that were not revealed. Like how some dramas played out, there's definitely some very powerful politicians and chaebol behind all this.

I think this is sadly one of these cases, where the deeper you dig, the worse it gets everytime. I think this might be a never ending rabbit hole that only gets worse everytime you dig deeper into it. I feel so bad for all the young, pretty girls who were abused and suffered from it. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

*Don't read if you don't want to feel upset* - I just want to rant a bit with the thoughts I've been having after watching this.

But this is no surprise, There are tons of nightlife clubs like Burning Sun in Seoul. To think they are all clean and reputable is christmas candy land. And with the idol business at it is, there are many dreams and aspiring careers to be exploited. The amount of idols who don't make it is gigantic.

I saw the news of JJY aswell, the fact that he genuinely thinks about returning to the music industry makes me sick to the bones. Gladly Netizens think the same though, rarely have seen so many downvotes and all people being on the same page. 

Let him try, but he will feel a backlash and hatred that no label will even think about working with him. Just imagining him working with any female artists or women in general makes me sick.

The things he did can never be forgiven.

• Like 3
On 3/28/2024 at 11:31 AM, Dhakra said:

Has anyone started 'Hide'?

Was HIDE good? I caught half of the first ep. Seems interesting.

On 5/20/2024 at 10:50 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Ooo nice. I did consider Greece this year for the my mid year break but at the end I decided to visit my friend in Edinburgh and will extend a few days in Brussels & Amsterdam, and will be headed there in June.  Anyway do share your Greece itinerary - I had a headache deciding which island to pick. LOL 

That's the problem with Greece. You start out wanting to go to so many islands, then you read about the ferries. Many people rushing with big bags, if the seas are rough a lot of puking onboard etc etc. So I decided to just do the main islands and come back if I like it. Mine is a simple and hopefully "relaxing" trip - 4 days Santorini, 3 days Mykonos and 2 days Athens. But I know of people who took a cruise - it seems a good idea if you want to see more and don't want to check in/out of hotels and lug luggage around.

Enjoy your trip to Europe!

On 5/21/2024 at 5:51 PM, mademoiselle said:

Japan! I want to go too! 😭

You can go! I see Qantas is 10 hrs and about $1K. From Singapore, it's really expensive too considering it's only 7 hours away. Prices after covid is really high and everyone is going to Japan. If we book late, could be close to $2K for an economy ticket.

On 5/21/2024 at 5:51 PM, mademoiselle said:

Do you both take premium economy when travelling to EU?

If I have enough miles, I will redeem biz class. If not, then I just buy economy. Premium economy is iffy for me - the price is usually $1-$2K more but the perks are not a lot more. So I don't feel it is very worth it. I've only taken it once to Japan via redemption. Not sure I'd pay for it.

• Insightful 2
49 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

If I have enough miles, I will redeem biz class. If not, then I just buy economy. Premium economy is iffy for me - the price is usually $1-$2K more but the perks are not a lot more. So I don't feel it is very worth it. I've only taken it once to Japan via redemption. Not sure I'd pay for it.

You must travel a lot to be able to do that. I don't have enough to upgrade to Biz class. And my miles always expire for international. All my Kris Flyer miles are gone now, I'm sure, because I haven't used SIA for years. It's easier to use points on interstate.

49 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You can go! I see Qantas is 10 hrs and about $1K. From Singapore, it's really expensive too considering it's only 7 hours away. Prices after covid is really high and everyone is going to Japan. If we book late, could be close to $2K for an economy ticket.

Tight on annual leave. Have a family trip coming up that ruin my SK-JP plan for this year. I prefer JAL to Narita. Going there was so-so, but coming back, the food was fantastic. It was Japanese meal made by some Masterchef equivalent Japanese chefs. Yum.

Yeah, agreed, the air fares are insane. I watch the $$ jumped x3-4 over 3 months period.

• Like 2

That's the problem with Greece. You start out wanting to go to so many islands, then you read about the ferries. Many people rushing with big bags, if the seas are rough a lot of puking onboard etc etc. So I decided to just do the main islands and come back if I like it. Mine is a simple and hopefully "relaxing" trip - 4 days Santorini, 3 days Mykonos and 2 days Athens. But I know of people who took a cruise - it seems a good idea if you want to see more and don't want to check in/out of hotels and lug luggage around.

This was my exact problem. I couldn't decide, and the thought of dragging my 13 year old and my mum on the ferries may be challenging. Plus smaller islands where I had wanted to go to wasn't easy to get around with public bus the only option. I will need a bit more planning & thinking. I am generally averse to doing tours so I plan my own all the time. Let me know where you'd recommend staying. I read there are some areas  that are not so great because of drug addicts though this seems like a problem in many parts of Europe. 

Enjoy your trip to Europe!

Thank you :hearties:

• 2 weeks later...

@Chocolate ooo sounds good. Don’t mind some tips 🙏🏻🙏🏻.

@mademoiselle I think in the past could have years there’s been a lot of revenge travel.  Just see how crazy it is in Japan . Last June when I went it wasn’t so bad but I hear from friends these days there’s just too many tourists everywhere.  

Am in Edinburgh now - so cold despite being early summer ( 6 - 15celcius) . Taylor Swift is in town , and Tay Tay fever everywhere. 😅

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1