Havenites Dabang

tumblr-ab12021d41002fdab4447c5ab5005b65-

Content Writing Reporter Ahn Bo Ra

0000941610-001-20230504140902161.jpg

GOT7 Jinyoung's label has released a statement before his military enlistment next week.

On May 4, BH Entertainment shared the notice below announcing Jinyoung is fulfilling his mandatory military enlistment starting on May 8 KST. There will be no special event for his enlistment and his official time and place of enlistment will be kept private.

Previously, Jinyoung wrote a handwritten letter to fans on his coming enlistment. He also recently took home the 'Best New Actor' award for his role in the movie 'Christmas Carol' and the 'TikTok Popularity Award' at the '59th Baeksang Arts Awards'.

https://www.sportsseoul.com/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Content Writing Reporter Goo Min Ah

46625-66722-1683188881.jpg

Singer Se7en (Choi Dong Wook, 40) and actress Lee Da Hae (Byun Da Hye, 40) become husband and wife in celebration of a splendid society and congratulatory lineup after officially tied the knot.

On May 6, Se7en and Lee Da Hae married after 8 years of dating at the Shilla Hotel in Junggu, Seoul. Comedians Kim Jun Ho and Jo Se Ho hosted the wedding while Taeyang, Gummy and Bada sang the congratulatory wedding songs.

d0c18b1e-46a3-4f3e-91e0-d5df407e1878.jpg

1683375385-20230506-se7enleedahae2.jpg

Celebrities such as So Yoo Jin, Baek Jong Won, Teddy, Daesung, Super Junior Eun Hyuk, Dong Hae, Kyu Hyun, Hee Chul and Kangin, Kim Jae Joong, Lee Soo Hyuk, Park Si Yeon and Kwak Si Yang are said to have been guests. Actor Choi Sung Hoon, who is a close friend of the couple, is also reported to have been present.

Se7en expressed, "I promised to marry my girlfriend Lee Da Hae, who's shared joy and sorrow with me for the past 8 years and has always embraced me with love. From now on, as the head of a family and husband, I'll live with responsibility in a more mature way."

Lee Da Hae also shared, "It may not be a big surprise because we've been in a relationship for 8 years. We're now becoming a married couple after being longtime lovers. I'll be more considerate and supportive as a good wife to the person who's been by my side, gave me great happiness and will now be my lifelong partner."

Spoiler

optimize-9.jpg

optimize-6.jpg

optimize-7.jpg

Spoiler

2d998d0b-c9db-460f-8821-6c4d893b27bb.jpg

optimize-5.jpg

Spoiler

46625-66723-1683188882.jpg

46625-66724-1683188882.jpg

http://www.spotvnews.com/

congratulations best wishes to the beautiful newlywed couple 💐

Edited by wink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Content Writing Pop News

20230511000613-0.jpg

South Korean series production Studio Dragon has secured a solid foothold in the US market with its first original American series “The Big Door Prize.”

The company, which was behind many mega-hit series, including “Mr. Sunshine,” (2018), “Crash Landing on You,” (2019), “Big Mouth” (2022) and “The Glory (2022-2023),” agreed to co-produce the series.

37206-52100-1678842483.jpg

“The Big Door Prize,” which was released on March 29 via global streaming platform Apple TV+, was Studio Dragon’s first US series targeting overseas viewers.

Adapted from a novel of the same title written by US writer M. O. Walsh, “The Big Door Prize” revolves around a family man and high school teacher Dusty Hubbard (played by Christopher O’Dowd), whose life is changed after a mysterious machine appears in his life.

The strange machine is able to foresee the life potential of individuals who come into contact with it, allowing users to make life decisions based on its predictions.

Considered a thought-provoking, exciting drama by reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes, “The Big Door Prize” proved its popularity after it ranked No. 3 at Apple TV+’s TV shows chart in early April.

The production company decided to forge ahead with a new season of “The Big Door Prize” with expanded storylines.

Studio Dragon is also jointly producing US adaptations of its popular intellectual properties, including “Oh My Ghost” (2015), “Twenty Again” (2015) and “Hotel Del Luna” (2019).

“After introducing the production studio system for the first time in South Korea in 2016, Studio Dragon created an American branch to challenge and respond to the global environment of content industry. We hope to become a global production house based on the successful references in Korea and abroad,” Studio Dragon official said in its latest press release.

http://m.heraldpop.com/

• Like 5

Content Writing Reporter Moon Wan Sik

9a1aad0d-6517-4698-b366-af7737158ac3.jpg

Trot singer Haesoo is engulfed in rumors of her death, eliciting concern due to her unexplained disappearance and lack of communication.A South Korean media outlet reported on May 15th that received many received a call from the organizers that it was difficult for Haesoo to attend, who was scheduled to perform on the stage of the Gwanjumyeon People's Day event in Wanju Gun, Jeollabuk-do on May 20th, suddenly died. Previously, on May 13th, according to the police, a woman in her 30s, a trot singer, was found dead in her apartment complex on May 12th. The police found a suicide note at the scene and believe it was an extreme choice made by the singer. 

trot-singer-haesoos-death-rumors-spark-c

Courtesy of Haesoon Instagram

Person A, who majored in Korean traditional music, is said to have debuted as a trot singer and continued her activities, and is known to have appeared in several entertainment programs, including a terrestrial music contest program. 

Although A's real name was not disclosed, Haesoo was pointed out based on her majoring in Korean traditional music and being a trot female singer in her 30s. She received attention for her pansori-based singing skills and was known to have majored in traditional Korean music at her university. In the midst of this, Haesoo’s Instagram comment secntions was completely closed on May 14th, adding more weight to the death rumor. Born in 1993, Haesoo debuted in 2019 with the single album 'My Life, Me' and made her face known by appearing in 'Gayo Stage', 'Hangout With Yoo', and 'The Trot Show' and showed off her singing skills.

Also, at the beginning of this year, she received attention by proving her skills in KBS 2TV's 'Immortal Song', a terrestrial music contest program. After that, she continued to be active, but suddenly ended her life. In particular, Haesoo has been actively communicating with fans by posting posts on her social media handles account until the day before her death, creating more regret amongst her fans who wished to see a sign.

Currently, Haesoo’s Instagram comments are currently turned off, leaving fans no place to mourn the loss of the artist.

trot-singer-haesoos-death-rumors-spark-c

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/

my deepest condolences to her family. 🙏

• Sad 2

tumblr-88153fd87971498317babc9985b1b656-

tVfCz9R.gif

Reporter Min Hwa Myung

optimize.jpg

CJ ENM

"Project Silence," starring actor Ju Ji Hoon and Lee Sun Jyun, was pre-sold to 140 countries across the world.

The film's distributor CJ ENM said on Wednesday that the film, which was invited to the 76th Cannes Film Festival's Midnight Screening section, was sold to major European countries including France, Germany, Spain and Italy as well as Japan and Hong Kong.

"Foreign buyers are confident about the quality of the film after watching already unveiled movie clips. What's encouraging is the interest in not coming from one specific region. After the film premieres at the Cannes Film Festival, we expect it will be sold to more countries overseas," a CJ ENM official said.

"Project Silent" tells the story of self-centred people struggling to survive against an unexpected threat while trapped on a bridge on the verge of collapse, in thick fog. Lee plays the role of hot-tempred man who tries to protect his daughter from the disaster while Ju stars as rough and an arrogant heavy tow truck driver.

The film's world premiere will be on May 21 (local time) at Cannes. Producer Kim Yong Hwa (better known as "Along with the Gods" series director), director Kim Tae Gon and the cast will appear on the red carpet.

The film will hit local theaters in the second half of 2023.

http://m.stoo.com/

• Like 3

tumblr-8228c1af6d1f52946c79c6f01947643f-

Pop News

20230522000681-0.jpg

[Photo=NEW]

Actor Kim Seon Ho, who had been keeping a low profile after being embroiled in a scandal in 2021, is making his silver screen debut with director Park Hoon Jung’s new noir action film “The Childe.”

Before starting the press conference to promote his new film on Monday, Kim apologized for the inconvenience caused due to earlier rumors surrounding his personal life. His ex-girlfriend in 2021 claimed he coerced her into getting an abortion. He admitted to pressuring her.

“I’d like to apologize for causing people to be worried with my personal life. I’ll later talk more about it during an interview,” Kim told reporters at Lotte Cinema Konkuk University in eastern Seoul.

In "The Childe," Kim stars as Gwi Gong Ja a name that roughly means "the nobleman" who goes on a mysterious, mad chase after a boxer, Marco (Kang Tae Joo), from the Philippines to Seoul. It's the first time Kim has played a villain character since his acting debut in 2009.

The-Childe-p1.jpg

“For an actor, it’s a feeling of both expectation and worry to play a new character. But it was so thrilling and exciting to have played the role and I felt like, ‘I did it,’” Kim said.

Director and screenwriter Park Hoon Jung said he cast Kim because he was able to capture the coldness and ruthlessness of the character, showing a different side from his normal roster of the attractive, charming male lead roles the audience is used to seeing Kim play, such as in rom-coms like “100 Day My Prince” (2018).

Park said the rumors surrounding Kim back then did give him pause over the casting, but he’s glad that Kim played the role.

Park, who helmed “New World” (2013) and “The Witch” (2018), said this new noir action flick is a bit different from his previous works.

“The plot line of ‘The Childe’ moves a lot faster than my previous films and I tried to get rid of darkness, so I believe this one will be less tiring for the audience,” Park told reporters.

The film was originally titled “Sad Tropics,” but the title changed because he thought the movie was "not sad enough."

To deliver realistic, action-packed scenes in the film, Park said he made sure all the actors mastered the stunt scenes on their own because he hates using body doubles.

Rookie actor Kang Tae Joo plays the target Marco, a Filipino Korean descendant in search of his father. He was chosen after rounds of auditions, beating some 2,000 other candidates.

“I practiced boxing with boxers who train for the national competition, because most of the actions that Marco shows required boxing techniques,” Kang told reporters.

Actors Kim Kang Woo and Go Ara star as Director Han and Yoon Ju, respectively, who get caught up in the complicated chase.

“The Childe” hits local theaters on June 12.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Content Writing Pop News

d85461df-e867-4212-87d0-cf9b5ede0b3c.jpg

b07e7124-0c03-4948-b92c-6fded7a55f83.jpg

b704e6ee-d0ed-4ab7-b5da-8a4b9aed96c9.jpg

Gang Dong Won, Park Jeong Min and Cha Seung Won will be starring in a new Netflix film “War and Revolt,” written and produced by Park Chan Wook.

Set in the Imjin War period (1592-1598) when Japan invaded Joseon, “War and Revolt” will tell the story of Chun Young, played by Gang who was an introvert and born a slave but has immense sword-fighting skills and participates in fighting the invasion. Park will play Jong Ryeo, a self-centred son of one of the most highly revered noble families in the country who befriends Chun Young. King Seonjo is to be played by Cha.

Kim Shin Eok, Jin Seon Kyu and Jung Sung Il take on supporting roles in “War and Revolt.”

Park Chan Wook, who directed classics of Korean cinema and critically acclaimed films such as “Oldboy” (2003), “Lady Vengeance” (2005), “The Handmaiden” (2016) and “Decision to Leave” (2022), serves as screenwriter and producer for “War and Revolt.”

This marks the first time that Park has participated in a Netflix original film in Korea. Director Kim Sang Man will direct “War and Revolt.”

Netflix has not yet announced when “War and Revolt” will be released.

Edited by wink_
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

@NiteWalker @Tofu 

Do we have a thread for the C drama Lost You Forever? If not, I'd like to make one and recommend it to everyone. It's so good. Not my usual kind of fare but it's based on a novel by the writer of Scarlet Heart and she's involved in the production as well.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@NiteWalker @Tofu 

Do we have a thread for the C drama Lost You Forever? If not, I'd like to make one and recommend it to everyone. It's so good. Not my usual kind of fare but it's based on a novel by the writer of Scarlet Heart and she's involved in the production as well.

@40somethingahjumma Please create the thread. At last, another excellent adaptation of 桐华's works after 步步惊心 after the rather disappointing adaptations in between. Perfect casting across the board, especially 小夭, 玱玹 and 相柳 - the ensemble cast amazed me especially since they were mostly unknown to me or I was previously pretty ambivalent about. I watched it live and love it so much but was surprised that it never had a thread anywhere on this forum. As S2 is possibly a year away, am still trying to get through the withdrawal symptoms of it ending, with the original novel, breathtaking soundtrack and rewatches to keep me company.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

9 minutes ago, liddi said:

@40somethingahjumma Please create the thread. At last, another excellent adaptation of 桐华's works after 步步惊心 after the rather disappointing adaptations in between. Perfect casting across the board, especially 小夭, 玱玹 and 相柳 - the ensemble cast amazed me especially since they were mostly unknown to me or I was previously pretty ambivalent about. I watched it live and love it so much but was surprised that it never had a thread anywhere on this forum. As S2 is possibly a year away, am still trying to get through the withdrawal symptoms of it ending, with the original novel, breathtaking soundtrack and rewatches to keep me company.

I'm about to. ;) 

So you've seen it too. Excellent. I adore Tan Jianci as Xiang Liu. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

8 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm about to. ;) 

So you've seen it too. Excellent. I adore Tan Jianci as Xiang Liu. 

Thank you so much!

And yes ditto here about loving 檀建次 who brings 相柳 to life, and I cannot imagine anyone else in the role. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@Soju I was just coming here to ask if X's post can be embedded because I can't seem to be able to do so recently.

They all appear like this - the link shaded white.

https://x.com/buitengebieden/status/1705885168848756855?s=20

But yours is fine. How do you do it?

Anyway, in view of your post above, please click on the link 😂

You need to replace x with Twitter.

• Insightful 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Oddly quiet in here. 

How is everyone doing? 

Helllo...how's life ? I think ever since things have reopened, it's gotten quieter. I find myself not watching as many dramas as I used to. But I also feel that these days they are just churning out dramas non-stop ( especially with so many new platforms doing their own original series) - the level of excitement isn't the same as it used to be. There are some good shows though especially in this 2nd half . You should come watch The Worst of Evil. It is Ji Chang Wook back in his element just like his Healer Days.  @stroppyseyou should totally check this one out. My faith in JCW has been restored. :laugh:

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Helllo...how's life ? I think ever since things have reopened, it's gotten quieter. I find myself not watching as many dramas as I used to. But I also feel that these days they are just churning out dramas non-stop ( especially with so many new platforms doing their own original series) - the level of excitement isn't the same as it used to be. There are some good shows though especially in this 2nd half . You should come watch The Worst of Evil. It is Ji Chang Wook back in his element just like his Healer Days.  @stroppyseyou should totally check this one out. My faith in JCW has been restored. :laugh:

It's fine, the usual struggles, not nothing really serious. I also feel like I'm a bit of a drama slumber again. December will have my usual Fairy rewatch. 

I plan to watch "Vigilante" as it sounds like my style of drama.

The Worst of Evil, sigh, it does look interesting based on the Trailer I watched. Let me check out the first episode.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Wow, that is high praise! Okay, I'll try to figure out where to watch it.

It is on Disney + for me here in Asia. Not sure if it is the same for you. The show has past mid-point and my feelings about this role that he has taken on remains the same. It is a very layered character & he's doing such a marvelous job. Look out for Wi Ha Jun too - I love the depth & vulnerability he brings to his role as the gang leader that JCW's character will be entangled with. 

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Maya Happy new year and hope you are having a nice break...how are you?

On 12/6/2023 at 2:31 AM, Tofu said:

So efficient to get everything ordered and out within two hours. Haha!

We have both these stores in KL and they are indeed great places to shop. Lots to choose from at very competitive prices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

Heard about Lee Sun Kyun @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @ktcjdrama. Very sad. It feels surreal. 

Yes. That is the problem in SK. The court of public opinion already made him guilty even if he wasn't. It was sad that he could not see a way out of this. I feel for his wife and children. 

• Sad 2