Havenites Dabang

2 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Heard about Lee Sun Kyun @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @ktcjdrama. Very sad. It feels surreal. 

O gosh 😭😭😭 I feel so sad to hear this news 😭😭😭 Indeed it feels so surreal, because he seemed to me a mature and grounded person that I would’ve never expected him to succumb but to weather the hard times through. I love both of them. I really hope Jeon Hye Jin has a good support system around her during this time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I was actually telling @SilverMoonTea and @mademoiselle that while I do not condone the use of drugs, I do not think it's worth all the negativities South Korea places on it. The use of marijuana is legal in many US states and hosting is a common practice in countries like Japan. When someone uses drugs, they are harming themselves and not really inflicting harm (physical) on others. South Korea is so quick to pass judgement and cancel someone who use drugs, but they hardly have the same reaction to someone who's sexually assaulting/abusing/harassing others. There are many Korean actors or public figures who has been found to sexually harass women but they are still getting booked.

Recently, there is a TikToker with 55 million followers who was booked on sexual abuse charges. He and his friend liquored up a girl to the point where she was so drunk she passed out. They took her back to the friend's house where they raped her many times while filming the whole act. The girl regained consciousness and immediately called the police. The police dropped the filming charges because they said there's not enough evidences and the TikToker is only looking at seven years of prison time if convicted. Seven years?! That's so short considering that they basically planned to get someone drunk and rape that person. The TikToker claimed that the sexual act was consensual but I don't see how that's possible considering she was passed out! :pandacop:

Anyway, I'm really shocked to see the news and I hope everyone who's impacted by this (esp. his family) gets the professional help they need to get through the trauma. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Sad 1
17 hours ago, Tofu said:

When someone uses drugs, they are harming themselves and not really inflicting harm (physical) on others. South Korea is so quick to pass judgement and cancel someone who use drugs, but they hardly have the same reaction to someone who's sexually assaulting/abusing/harassing others. There are many Korean actors or public figures who has been found to sexually harass women but they are still getting booked.

I was thinking the same! I know people who did drugs and have since recovered, not without damages done within their bodies of course. Rapists are the worst!!

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

The supposed leaked letter just really send me in tears. 

Spoiler

“I can’t do this.”

“This is the only way.”

Part of me feel sad that he felt that this was the only way. Yet part of me felt angry that in his last interview he said “Not to give up.” And yet he gave up. He chose to do it- he chose to do it! He chose to leave his wife his family and his kids! So young and so tragic- I can’t. 

• Sad 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Rapists are the worst!!

Exactly.

You know this actor right? Lee Kyung Young. He's been convicted of having sex with a minor 2 decades ago but yet could still make a comeback. 

Spoiler

j6Zl8_5c.jpg

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

The supposed leaked letter just really send me in tears. 

Reveal hidden contents

Part of me feel sad that he felt that this was the only way. Yet part of me felt angry that in his last interview he said “Not to give up.” And yet he gave up. He chose to do it- he chose to do it! He chose to leave his wife his family and his kids! So young and so tragic- I can’t. 

I felt that way too but then I was also thinking when people contemplate suicide , they must have felt that there was no way out. Anyway, I cannot imagine how hard it is for his wife and two sons. Those boys are similar age as my son. The trauma they will have to deal with their entire lives. 

• Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

You know this actor right? Lee Kyung Young. He's been convicted of having sex with a minor 2 decades ago but yet could still make a comeback. 

Yes, I used to think highly of him coz he is a good actor too. But after finding out what he’s done in the past, I have to admit I cannot see him the same. Hopefully he’s truly repented. 

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

was also thinking when people contemplate suicide , they must have felt that there was no way out. Anyway, I cannot imagine how hard it is for his wife and two sons. Those boys are similar age as my son. The trauma they will have to deal with their entire lives. 

Yes, he must have felt so helpless that he had to choose this way. I feel sad but I feel disappointed too that he didn’t seek or have enough support from people around him. If I were his wife, I don’t think I can continue living in SK, much less make a living as an actress. I would bring the kids overseas and raise them there peacefully. Not sure what are the repercussions for the family in regards to the money he owed as penalty to various parties. I sure hope she can be stronger. 

Tbh, this whole thing still feel unreal to me. It’s as if I am watching a drama and when we reached the last episode, everyone will be alright and all smiles 😔 I know for a fact this is real, but just can’t help feeling/wishing I am only watching yet another drama. 

I think I’m going to cry again when they pay tribute to him during SBS award night. Maybe I shouldn’t watch it this year. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Chingu-deul :heart: I bring you a New Year gift below (since Christmas was too far away already, haha) 

It's basically the scenes cut from a 40+ episode C-drama called Centimetre of Love (anyone watched it yet?). Only the OTP scenes in the 4-hour long video. None the makjang, none the toxic side characters nor annoying side stories. What a delightful find! :wow2:

I stumbled upon it while browsing YouTube and really enjoyed it. Acting is natural, both ML and FL a delight to watch. After they got together, it's still a solid and mature relationship while dealing with their own family and career challenges. Very heartwarming. When they first kissed, I think my heart raced the same. So so happy to see them (esp.the ML) finally wanting to be with each other :love:

Hope you will enjoy it too! Now I need to go find more of this kind of edited video clip so I can watch without the stress of draggy plots :smug:  

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hope you will enjoy it too! Now I need to go find more of this kind of edited video clip so I can watch without the stress of draggy plots :smug:  

Ahahahah Happy New Year! Okay I wish they do this for every drama. But I did find one last year for one of the c-dramas I was watching. The person who edited it made it like a nice movie - save from all the torturous bits at the end. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/4/2024 at 8:39 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Hope you will enjoy it too! Now I need to go find more of this kind of edited video clip so I can watch without the stress of draggy plots

Whenever I'm interested in a drama but not interested in watching every episodes, I watch clips from the drama on social media. That's what I'm currently doing with Tell Me That You Love Me and recently, started doing that with Marry My Husband. It's the best because all these K-Drama lovers only put out the important clips from the episodes. You get to watch the drama without actually watching the drama, it's great! :laugh:

• Party! 1

I've had enough of time slip dramas with past life unfinished love line.

Please please hold me back from watching this kind of genre this year. 

Maybe I should go back to my dailies and/or weekend family dramas with whatever makjangness they might offer :thinking:

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ssteph said:

Thanks for the gifts, @Tofu and @Chocolate ☺️

I click redeem and check my trophies and medals but the item from Choco isn't there? 👀

Happy new year @ssteph! Mine is a mystery box. I think you have to open and there could be nothing inside! 🤣 @Tofu please confirm. Thanks.

Thanks @NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea for these badges. But I can't seem to redeem. It is forever buffering. The first time, I thought it was an old badge and no longer available so I sold it back to JH 😂

064HwxV.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Hey ya everybody, how are my chingus doing? Does anybody of you have a current drama recommendation?
Has anyone started 'Hide'?

hellloooo....didn't start Hide.

The only kdrama I like at the moment is Queen of Tears. I am also watching Nothing Uncovered which is getting quite interesting though the FL annoyed me at the start. :laugh:

• Like 1