Havenites Dabang

Another-Homely-Flies-size-restricted.gif

By Hong Yoo

Late-night KBS music talk show legacy returns in 'The Seasons-Jay Park's Drive'

20230117000764-0.jpg

From left: Producer Park Seok Hyoung, Jeong Dong Hwan of Melomance, producer Lee Chang Suh and Jay Park pose for photos during a press conference for KBS' upcoming late-night music talk show "The Seasons-Jay Park's Drive," in Seoul on Tuesday. (KBS)

Cheeky and fresh is how public broadcaster KBS wants to make over its 30-year legacy of late-night music talk shows, with the first new version of “The Seasons,” starting next month.

The program will be a one-year project divided into four different seasons, each hosted by different stars.

The first season, “The Seasons-Jay Park’s Drive,” will be led by the Korean singer and rapper Jay Park.

It is the first time for Jay Park to host a music program for a local broadcast service in his 15-year career as a musician.

“I tried to freely engage in the program by asking impromptu questions to our guests so I really enjoyed shooting the first episode. I think this program will be precious for many viewers as they don't really get the chance to see shows in which musicians get to talk about their pieces in a comfy environment, because these days there are mostly competition and survival music programs,” said Jay Park at a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday.

“At first, we thought we were doomed because we took a lot of time writing the script for the first episode of the show, but Jay Park did not go according to the script. But later, we were grateful for having Jay Park hosting the show, because what we wanted to do was just that -- to break the norms. He showed what hosting is in this new generation,” commented producer Lee Chang Suh.

The program will focus on introducing music from diverse scenes without prejudice, while shouting out rookie acts.

“I want to have IU and NewJeans as guests in our show because they are outstanding musicians offering music that people of all ages can enjoy. In the hip-hop scene, I have this person I would really like to introduce. He is DUT2, an R&B singer born in 2001. His music is sophisticated and he does legit R&B. I want people to get to know him,” Jay Park pointed out.

Producers will put effort into conducting in-depth interviews with musicians and creating a well-made stage, according to KBS.

That includes forming a young band led by pianist and composer Jeong Dong Hwan of Melomance.

“Every member in the band is both fun and talented, apt for doing trendy music. This experience was really valuable for me because I could solely concentrate in playing music,” said the band master.

With Jay Park, the program is expected to highlight mostly K-pop and hip-hop musicians.

“We have the next two hosts cast for the following seasons. There is the last season left for us to look for a host. We are currently working hard to cast this last person whom we would really like to have as the emcee of our show,” hinted producer Park Seok Hyoung. "It's a secret."

“The Seasons-Jay Park’s Drive” airs every Sunday at 10:55 p.m. starting February, 5th.

https://www.koreaherald.com/index.php

• Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-82f0e04e6116483116a173363b770fb6-

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP

1673987381-untitled-1.jpg

Actress Park So Dam returned to the screen after beating cancer.

Park So Dam returned to the screen as Yuriko in the new film 'Phantom,' which takes place in the backdrop of Korea in 1933. Yuriko is the secretary to the Japanese Government-General during that time.

On January 16, Park So Dam sat down for an interview and talked about how it was to overcome thyroid cancer. Park So Dam was able to recover after undergoing major surgery. The actress shared, "During that time of chaos, the line from the movie 'Live. Die when it's time to die.' really held onto me."

1673988259-image.png

Park So Dam also shared what she did to prepare for the action scenes in the film. She explained, "There were a lot of action scenes so what I first did was increase my stamina. I practiced running with a 4 kg gun. I was also surprised with myself that I am actually good at shooting. I get embarrassed to watch my own acting on the monitor but I felt exhilaration from seeing a different side to myself in the action scenes."

Spoiler

1673988857-image.png

Park So Dam continued to explain, "Last year, when the film 'Special Cargo' premiered, it was right after surgery so my voice didn't come out and I couldn't move either. These days, I'm doing pilates while taking hormone medication and my body is trying to recover its old routine."

The actress also added, "When I look back at the past two years, I think being sick is a blessing in disguise. I wasn't able to invest time in myself because I was always busy working but I was able to have time to look back at myself. I even went on an overseas trip by myself. I went to Spain, Switzerland, and England. I even went to Iceland to see the northern lights.  A lot of people recognized me from 'Parasite' and the drama 'Record of Youth'."

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1615459896182415367

• Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 1/17/2023 at 4:04 AM, Dhakra said:

Didn't even know a new Lee Bo Young drama is currently airing. Drama-wise it seems this year will start good. 

Although I am a little late to the party, I also wish everyone a healthy new year :love:

Happy new year! How have you been? Are you watching her drama?

There are way too many dramas airing since now there are new cable channels & Netflix doing their own shows. I can barely keep up. 

Taxi Driver S2 is gonna air this year. You plan to check that one out?

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Happy new year! How have you been? Are you watching her drama?

There are way too many dramas airing since now there are new cable channels & Netflix doing their own shows. I can barely keep up. 

Taxi Driver S2 is gonna air this year. You plan to check that one out?

Happy new year to you too! :pandaxmas:

Yes, I will, probably starting to watch it this weekend with a bit of time to binge all 4 episodes released so far. But you know LBY is an absolute must-watch for me. 

Taxi Driver S2 is definitely also on my list of dramas I will watch for sure this year. Especially since my favorite hacker girl Go Eun is also part of the cast again. :pandablush: Good drama and a little bit of eye candy, can't wait to see her back in action again. Will be a lot of fun.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

LTd0.gif

GOT7's Park Jinyoung released his first-ever mini album "Chapter 0: With," along with the music video for the groovy title track "Cotton Candy."

Fmvmz-Fda-UAE-Ba-E.jpg

• Like 3

d4w52ya-8ab87df0-b3ed-41b5-982b-277f0174

1673926999-news-p.jpg

director Kang Je Gyu of 'Taegukgi', 'Shiri', and more returns to the big-screen in 2023 with '1947 Road To Boston', a deeply moving human drama starring Siwan, Ha Jung Woo, Park Eun Bin and more. '1947 Road To Boston' tells the story of marathon athletes who dream of running for their country once again, 2 years after Korea is liberated from Japanese colonial rule. the story revolves around the Boston International Marathon, a race which has occurred each year since 1897 and which has attracted runners from all over the world. after Korea's liberation in 1945, a small group of runners devote their hearts into making history as the first to represent the liberated nation of Korea in the international race. '1947 Road To Boston' premieres this coming Chuseok, in September of 2023. watch its first teaser trailer, below.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

wow @twink_twink_ you are a fan of Henry Lau too :)

love it, so good Vittorio Monti's piece Csárdás

anigif-sub-buzz-23892-1550681033-1.gif

yes, I do  @Nohamahmoud2002 ,  wow .. wow .. thank you so much for the video. 😁 I can't stop watching it over and over again. it's so good. Henry Lau, he's an amazingly talented man.  :pandahappy:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Chinese-new-year-2023-gif.gif

hai everyone..

I want to take a moment to greet you a Happy Lunar New Year, wishing all those who celebrate. I sincerely wish you happiness, cheerfulness and success in the year. Xīnnián hǎo. Gong Xi Fa Chai.  🙏

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Party! 2

Posted Yaki Jones AKP

1674277671-img-6080.jpg

'Vincenzo' and 'Weak Hero Class 1' actor Na Chul passed away at the age of 36.

According to reports on January 21st, Na Chul passed away earlier on this day due to exacerbated health issues. His funeral procession will be held on the 23rd.

He first debuted in 2010 as a theater actor and then appeared in many films and drama series including 'Vincenzo', 'Happiness', 'Through The Darkness' and 'Weak Hero Class 1'.

Rest in peace, Na Chul.

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1616665351428743170

• Like 4

Happy new year @twink_twink_!

Sending everyone here lots of love & a year filled with abundance 🧧🐰🥢

@Dhakra I have no plans to watch Lee BY’s show but I’ll definitely be watching Taxi Driver 2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Happy new year @twink_twink_!

Sending everyone here lots of love & a year filled with abundance 🧧🐰🥢

Happy-Chinese-New-Year-2023-Gif-Year-of-

wishing you a happy lunar year ..

@abs-oluteM 🙏 , thank you for your wishes 💕

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

super-junior-yesung-1.gif

Super Junior's Yesung has dropped his music video teaser for "Small Things". in the MV teaser, Yesung jams for someone special and hits the stage. "Small Things" is the title song of his upcoming 1st solo album 'Sensory Flows', which is due out on January, 25. 

• Like 3

ark-seo-joon-gif3.gif

Posted by Eun Ha Yi AKP

Park Seo Joon shoots a passionate pictorial with Marie Claire

1674633003-psj-02.jpg

'Marie Claire' released photos from the February issue that actor Park Seo Joon did with Chanel Beauty.

This pictorial with Chanel Beauty's iconic Bleu de Chanel perfume went with the concept of "blue, the hottest color." The photos strive to depict men's hottest and most passionate moments. 

Park Seo Joon radiates a new kind of charm by invoking an image of a man passionate in love and his career. The mood of the photos also seem to encapsulate enterprising urban male image that Bleu de Chanel aims to convey.

Park Seo Joon's Bleu de Chanel pictorial can be found in February's issue of 'Marie Claire' and online on their website. 

1674632970-psj-04.jpg

Spoiler

1674632986-psj.jpg

1674633021-psj-03.jpg

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1618211119579148291

• Like 3

Content Writing Reporter Min Ji Gu

b19bcbb8-236d-4f78-ac06-625f285b92a1.jpg

<photo source = Antenna>

Singer Sam Kim (24) suffered the death of his father. His father, Kim Mo, 58, died in a robbery and shooting in Seattle, USA.

According to the Seattle Times, a shooting occurred at a restaurant in Seattle on the 13th (local time). Armed robbers opened fire in a restaurant.

The victim was Mr. Kim, a Korean-American who ran an Asian restaurant locally. He is Sam Kim's father. The deceased died from a gun shot by robbers.

An official from 'Antenna' said in a phone call with 'Dispatch' on the 26th, "Sam Kim's father died in a shooting at a restaurant he was operating in Seattle, USA."

Sam Kim's agency Antenna has now confirmed that the musician is currently mourning the loss of his father, and stated, "We would greatly appreciate the hearts of any who wish to offer our artist condolences so that your warmth can reach him. We also deeply pray that the deceased may rest in peace."

Sam Kim was born in Seattle, USA. In 2016, he won runner-up on SBS-TV's 'K-Pop Star 3' and started his full-fledged career as a singer in Korea.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/category/exclusive

I wish to express my deepest condolences to all his family. 🙏

• Like 3

tumblr-mm6hnh-BUfa1rw9fyfo1-500.gif

By Lee Si Jin

Jang Keun Suk feels ready for his long-anticipated comeback

20230126000597-0-2.jpg

Jang Keun Suk plays lawyer-turned-detective Do Han in "Decoy" (Coupang Play)

Though his new character Do Han in the upcoming crime thriller series “Decoy” seems a departure from his previous roles, Jang Keun Suk is certain that he will not disappoint his fans, who have been waiting a long time for his return.

“Time flies. Even I didn’t expect it would be so long before my next project. But I can assure you that ‘Decoy’ was the series, which makes the last five years not in vain. Whenever I visited the on-site shooting location, discussed ways to improve the scenes with actors and staff, I felt alive,” Jang said in a press conference at Megabox Coex in Seoul, Wednesday.

Playing a hard-boiled, aggressive detective for the first time in his 26-year acting career, Jang expressed a mixed bag of emotions.

20230126000598-0.jpg

“Decoy’ will be the first series to show my performance in five years. I wanted to challenge myself and show a different side, which is far different from what I have been doing before starting my two-year mandatory military service in 2018.” the actor said.

Jang added that he was concerned about misinterpreting the character and creating Do Han who does not match the stories of “Decoy.” The actor talked over even the small details with the director and screenwriter, from makeup to clothes. Jang said he took additional acting training sessions to hone his performance.

Jang said that the five-year break allowed him to grow both as an actor and a person.

“As an actor, I personally felt a huge catharsis after hearing the public praise me for my role in the 2009 mystery film 'Where the Truth Lies.' Many people commented that they did not expect to see a new side from me and my performance as an actor. I wish I can receive this reaction once again with ‘Decoy.'" he said.

“Decoy” is a 12-part series, which centers around the man behind South Korea’s biggest financial fraud case, who dies while in hiding from the victims and police. The story develops as the deceased criminal is named as a suspect in a new serial murder case, eight years after his death.

Jang plays a lawyer-turned-detective, who tries to reveal the truth behind the mysterious case.

When asked whether the series is based on the true stories of con artist Jo Hee Pal, who took about 4 trillion won ($366 billion) from more than 40,000 people in a pyramid scheme played out from 2004 to 2008, director Kim Hong Sun explained that “Decoy” is not based on a specific person or event.

“There were increasing numbers of murder cases in the early 2000s. The screenwriter’s personal experience also played part in our project and we wished to present some of those tragedies throughout the series,” Kim said.

The first two episodes of the 12-part crime thriller will be available Friday on local streaming service Coupang Play. Following that, two episodes each will be released over the next two Fridays.

After a short break, “Decoy” will return with part two in the first half of the year to present the remaining six episodes, according to the streamer.

https://www.koreaherald.com/index.php

Spoiler

20230104000619-0-1.jpg

Poster image for "Decoy"

Spoiler

To dongsaeng Jang Keun Suk, d-day for 'The Bait'.. Do Han.. yes, Do Han hwaiting.. 

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

logo_433_6_20170105111005.gif

Content Writing Reporter Jung Tae Yoon

7eb85eea-6501-48de-b7bc-a99e082bc463.png

The movie 'One Win' (Director Shin Yeon Shik) was invited to 52nd International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) from January, 25 to February, 5.

'One Win' was invited to the big screen category. It will be unveiled for the first time worldwide on January, 27.

'One Win' depicts the story of a volleyball coach who has never tasted success in his life, meets a women's volleyball team that only needs one win and takes on a challenge

Directed by Shin Yeon Shik. He wrote the screenplay for the movie 'Dongju' (director Lee Jun Ik). He also directed 'Fair Love', 'Bird Man' and 'Learning Is Learning'.

Actor Song Kang Ho runs a children's volleyball class and plays a character who was selected as the coach of the women's volleyball team on the verge of dissolution. Besides him, the main cast also comprises Park Jung Min, Park Myung Hun, Jang Yoon Ju and Lee Min.

288e578f-d704-4f37-90aa-ee8bfab0bbfc.jpg

<Photo source = International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) website>

International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) released photos of 'One Win' on its website. Song Kang Ho was roaring with joy at the performance of his players.

The film festival side introduced, "Director Shin Yeon Shik showed off his creativity with 'One Win'" and "throws the audience into the heat with a thrilling game."

“It is a movie that blends well with sports and comedy. It is a story that will raise the audience up.” he said, “You can also meet actor Song Kang Ho’s outstanding performance.”

Meanwhile, International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) introduces experimental and alternative films. It started in 1972. This year's film festival continues until the 5th of next month.

• Like 3

98bde7481fa9f4740f0ebebe1b8260f6.gif

Korea joongAng Daily
newyork-logo.png

By Haley Yang

Singer-turned-actor Cha Eun-woo of boy band Astro will hold his first solo photo exhibition titled “Archive” from Feb. 13 to 26, according to his agency Fantagio on Friday. [FANTAGIO]

[Fantagio]

Singer-turned-actor Cha Eun Woo of boy band Astro will hold his first solo photo exhibition titled “Archive” from February, 13 to 26, according to his agency Fantagio on Friday.

The exhibition will take place at The Seouliteum gallery in Seongdong District, eastern Seoul. Fantagio revealed two teaser images for the event, both featuring Cha, on Thursday. Through “Archive,” Cha plans to share everyday moments that he captured on camera.

Last year, Cha was active as part of Astro which released its third full-length album, conducted solo fan meet-and-greet sessions in five Asian countries, and starred as a lead role on the Tving original series “Island.” The second part of “Island” is set to be released on February, 24.

Tickets for “Archive” are already on sale and will be available until January, 31 via Apple Music.

Singer-turned-actor Cha Eun-woo of boy band Astro will hold his first solo photo exhibition titled “Archive” from Feb. 13 to 26, according to his agency Fantagio on Friday. [FANTAGIO]

• Like 3

727aa1f06f4421fbc89830814a4e2dbb781d8965

Posted by Sofia Sayson AKP

1674897492-img-20230128-171758.jpg

On January 22, actor Kim Seon Ho held his first solo fan meeting in Manila, Philippines, as part of his 'One, Two, Three. Smile' Asia tour.

Taking place at the SM Mall of Asia Arena, Seon Ho's show was a full-house and over 10,000 of his fans spent the night with him.

Loud cheers errupted as the actor graced the stage, kicking off his fan meeting with his performance of "Every day, Every moment," showcasing his lovely voice.

Seon Ho spent a fun-filled night with the audience playing games with a few selected lucky fans. The first segment was the '2023 Kim Seon Ho Awards' where the actor picked his favorite among the foods presented on the big screen.

During the fan meet, he also reenacted some scenes from dramas he starred in, including "Start-Up" and "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha."

A few lucky fans were chosen to meet and play games with Seon Ho on stage and one lucky fan was able to bring home the cap Seon Ho designed during the fan meet.

His fans also prepared something for him, making Seon Ho teary-eyed while watching the video that was projected on the big screen. "I promise I will be a good actor and person," says Seon Ho.

He concluded his show with a soothing performance of "Reason."

Kim Seon Ho's 'One, Two, Three. Smile' fan meeting in Manila was presented by PULP Live World.

1674902998-img-20230128-184935.jpg

Spoiler

1674903011-img-20230128-184914.jpg

1674903038-img-20230122-225824.jpg

1674903085-img-20230122-230133.jpg

1674903117-img-20230122-225851.jpg

Spoiler

1674903166-img-20230122-225505.jpg

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1619297688562061312

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ssteph said:

@abs-oluteM @Tofu can I request for a badge with this gif? 😆

1e8d44164f4aa48bb3b8ad5b36ad660b795125c4

Ok . We do need to release sOme spring badges too & this looks so pretty . 
cc @Tofu what do you think ? 

• Like 3

XMTI.gif

Shinee's Minho has been named the new face of Godiva Chocolates Korea. in the CF above, Minho has a box of chocolates ready to share as he asks sweetly, "it's bright, right? it's so bright you can't see, right? it's me. let's be together with Godiva." belgian-based international chocolate maker wrote, "premium chocolate brand Godiva has met him. every special moment that Godiva and Minho will make. to make a special day even more perfect. we'll fill it up with Godiva's sweetness."

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2