Havenites Dabang

Posted by Yaki Jones  AKP Staff

Kim Go Eun draws attention online for covering NewJeans' "Hype Boy" at her fan meet event.

1665870143-a82927fb346fa67c954fe1b8312e2

Actress Kim Go Eun garnered attention online for covering NewJeans' "Hype Boy" at her fan meet event.

On  October 15th, Kim Go Eun held her fan meet event celebrating her 10th debut anniversary. During the event, she thanked her fans for their support and also performed NewJeans' "Hype Boy" for her fans. Shortly after the event, the video clip of her dancing to "Hype Boy" drew attention online.

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1581406409802948608

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Seolhyun has been focusing more on her career as an actress and joined with actresses Jun Ji Hyun, Seo Ji Hye, Kim So Hyun and Yoon Ji On in Yiem Hashtag management agency.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Posted by Janie Reign AKP Staff.

Korean celebrities who made the list of Top 50 influencers from the biggest fashion weeks

1666548172-t3.jpg

A list of top 50 influencers during the four major fashion weeks—Paris, New York, London and Milan—stunned K-netizens as the Instagram of top Korean brand ambassadors dominated the scene. According to the list of influencer rankings, among the very top three were BLACKPINK members Jisoo and Rose, at #1 and #3, respectively.  

Actor Lee Min Ho was also placed at #5, with Jennie following behind at #6 and ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo at #9. Among the BTS members, J-hope ranked #13. Solo artist IU ranked #17, and NCT 127's Jaehyun ranked #21, the highest among all NCT members.

From TWICE, Sana ranked #22, and TWICE itself as a group ranked #24. NCT Dream's Jeno ranked #25, and Sandara Park ranked #35. TWICE's Chaeyoung also ranked #37 and Song Kang ranked #39. Among the influencers after the 39th ranking, IVE's Wonyoung ranked #40, Sohee appeared at #42, and Red Velvet's Seulgi at #47.

photo1456206.jpg

'source'

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1584247668355702784

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

Director says '20th Century Girl' tells story of first love with female narrative, '90s vibe

optimize.jpg

A scene from Netflix film '20th Century Girl' / Courtesy of Netflix.

The director of Netflix's teen romance film "20th Century Girl" said Monday she wanted to capture an ordinary girl's extraordinary moments from 1999 to make audiences relate to their own memories of first love and travel back to the end of the century.

Bang Woo Ri's feature debut film follows a 17-year-old girl named Na Bora, who navigates her first love and the intricacy of female friendship, pairing Kim Yoo-jung and Byeon Woo-seok as lead characters.

Released Friday, "20th Century Girl" is the most-watched movie on Netflix Korea and ranked sixth on its global streaming chart.

Bang was surprised and glad to receive instant feedback from viewers at home and abroad with her debut work based on her personal experience of exchanging her diary with her friend in school, which was mostly about a boy her friend liked.

The 39-year-old said she wanted to tell a coming-of-age story from the perspective of a teenage girl living in 1999 to differentiate it from other Korean teen movies with male narratives and teen romance films from Taiwan and Japan.

"I wanted to make a teen romance film based on Korean culture," Bang said in a roundtable media interview. "As this film was based on my own experience, I thought a broader audience could relate to it."

The director admitted the film is a cliche-filled romantic comedy but introduced it as a uniquely refreshing story that would provide a glimpse of popular Korean culture, fashion and retro items.

"As the story goes back to the old time and evokes nostalgia, the plot makes it hard to avoid cliches. I decided to face the challenge head-on," she said.

optimize-1.jpg

Bang Woo Ri, director of Netflix film '20th Century Girl' / Courtesy of Netflix.

While the story's main theme is about the teenage girl's first love, it also tackles the delicate relationship with her female friend and agony of adolescence. The plot is quite predictable, but it is rewarding to watch until the end to discover a surprise ending about her first love.

To create scenes with pagers, camcorders and video tapes, she said the filming crews had to go through the laborious process of finding them and fixing them. As old electronics were often broken and ran out of parts, some items were shipped overseas for repair services.

She says the film tried to portray a certain warmth and a nostalgic feeling by using saturated colors and bright lighting.

"I was adamant in using saturated colors to portray the pulpy sentiment of first love and beautify the past," she said.

Bang said she was at first worried the young cast members in their 20s might not understand the old-school feeling, but she learned that the fashion trends came back to the young generation more than two decades later. Among them are Nike's Jordan low-top shoes, Casio-reminiscent watches and wide-leg pants.

"They seem old to us but were considered as new, special to them (the cast members)," she claimed.

Bang said the period movie was released at the right time, as mainstream audiences are looking for tales from the '90s, as shown in the popular TV series "Twenty-Five Twenty-One" and the remake of the 2000 movie "Ditto," which is set for theatrical release next month.

"Stories of the '70s and '80s were popular in previous years, but the retro obsession fast forwarded to the '90s," Bang also said. "I think people my age have begun telling their stories."

Like the main character, Na Bora, who later works as a voice actress based on her experience in high school, Bang said she ended up becoming a film director with her father's inspirational comments on her.

"An unexpected incident in the past or trivial comments could define somebody's future," Bang said. "Sometimes, a simple word lasts a lifetime." (Yonhap)

Spoiler

• Like 2

Content Writing Star News Reporter Ahn Yoon Ji. 

Today marks the fifth anniversary of the death of the late actor Kim Joo Hyuk.

optimize.jpg

The funeral for the late actor Kim Joo Hyuk is held at Asan Hospital in Pungnap-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 31st. /Photo Foundation /Photo=Photographer Foundation

It's been five years since the late actor Kim Joo Hyuk passed away in unexpectedly in a fatal car accident at the age of 45 on October 30, 2017 near Yeongdong-daero, Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022103008164997289

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 10/28/2022 at 10:45 PM, mademoiselle said:

1. Internet - without it, I wouldn't be able to play/swoon together with you guys our Oppa and wouldn't have kdramas to watch!

2. Money

3. Mobile phone

4. Glasses 😅

I need time to think. What about you?

Hahahaha!! 

I agreed with glasses. I wouldn't be able to live without them too. Do you prefer contacts or glasses? I have contacts for when I have to wear them but I prefer to just wear my glasses. I considered Lasik but it fades after 5-7 years. It's not worth it for me to spend that much to just have it not be permanent. 

Besides the four you mentioned, I would add my water bottle or a bottle of water is ok too. I carry one with me almost everywhere I go. The other five, I might have to think about some more. 

• Like 3

@Tofu Prefer glasses unless it's raining. I don't dare to toy with my eyes on LASIK. Like I am just that scared at the thought of being blind. LOL.

I feel like with water, I could buy them with money so I didn't have to carry them around 24/7. I have the tendency of losing things I need to carry, so the less objects the better if it can't fit in my bag.

I think if your question is what are the 10 things (or more) are in my bag, I can answer you much more easily. But if I were to expand 10 things I can't live without to larger object and in general then...

1) PC + internet (they have to come hand-in-hand)

2) Money

3) Mobile phone

4) Glasses

5) Bed + pillow + blanket

6) Clothes 😆 (ain't no wearing leaves on me)

7) Shoes

8) Water

9) Food

10) Shower

11) Car

Ok, done. Hahahaha

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle Hahaha! Maybe they were asking for the must-have items? If so, I don't think Epsom Salt would still be an option for me. :lmao2:

One other thing I cannot live without is motion sickness medicine. I carry it with me because I can easily get motion sick. It happens when someone else is driving and sometimes it'll come on randomly too. I learned from many ER visits that if I carry motion sickness medicine, I can just take that whenever I'm having vertigo. I don't need to spend all that money to see a doctor because they usually just giving me over-the-counter motion sickness medicine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Content Writing YTN Star Reporter Gong Young Joo.  

Blue Dragon Film Awards postponed hand painting event for 9 days pre-recorded broadcast.

202211011344062790-d.jpg

The live broadcast of handprinting at the 43rd Blue Dragon Film Awards has been postponed.

Today (1st), the Blue Dragon Film Awards announced that the hand-printing event scheduled for the 3rd was changed to a pre-recorded broadcast format through Naver NOW at 2 p.m on November, 9.

"First, we pray for the rest of those who died in a tragic accident, and we send our deepest condolences to the bereaved family, we hope that there will be no more tragic victims, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery."

The postponed handprinting event will be attended by actors Sol Kyung Gu, Moon So Ri, Heo Jun Ho, Kim Seon Young, Jung Jae Kwang, and Gong Seung Yeon who won last year's Blue Dragon Film Awards.

The Blue Dragon Film Awards ceremony will be held at KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul on the 25th.

Meanwhile, on the 29th of last month, ahead of Halloween, a large-scale crushing accident occurred on a ramp in Itaewon, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, resulting in more than 300 casualties, including 156 deaths. The government has designated the next 5 days as a national mourning period.

02f276b9-8d1c-4dac-ac48-fffd17de9b9e.jpg [Photo = Blue Dragon Film Awards]

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1407_202211011133027812

• Like 2

giphy-15728634985951782470027.gif

Content Writing YTN Star Reporter Kim Seong Hyeon.

202211011544066737-d.jpg

On the 1st, an official from Lee Young Ae's side told YTN Star, "Lee Young Ae has recently been offered the role of the main character in the drama 'Maestra' and is positively considering her appearance." 'Maestra' is a drama based on the French original of the same name, depicting the struggles and growth of a female conductor.

The 52-year-old actress Lee Young Ae has shown her various performances in the films 'Spring Day Goes' (2001), 'Mr. Kind Venus' (2005), and 'Find Me' (2019), she has established herself as a representative actress in the Korean film industry.

She also garnered attention for her acting transformation in her last year, her first drama comeback in four years, 'Inspector Koo' (Gu Gyeong-i). As she has constantly digested her new character, Ms. Lee Young Ae raises her expectations that she will take on a new challenge once again with her 'Maestra'.

Meanwhile, it is known that 'Maestra' is in the midst of casting with the goal of filming next year.

'a link from a source'

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202211011544066737

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 7:19 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Hahaha! Maybe they were asking for the must-have items? If so, I don't think Epsom Salt would still be an option for me. :lmao2:

One other thing I cannot live without is motion sickness medicine. I carry it with me because I can easily get motion sick. It happens when someone else is driving and sometimes it'll come on randomly too. I learned from many ER visits that if I carry motion sickness medicine, I can just take that whenever I'm having vertigo. I don't need to spend all that money to see a doctor because they usually just giving me over-the-counter motion sickness medicine.

Do you still get motion sickness even if you sit in the front? I get motion sickness if I look at the phone and the car ride is bumpy. I would also get it if the plane encounters turbulence. And I don't know whether it is the norm or just my luck because 90% of the time after serving meal to us, the plane will hit some turbulent so it'd move up and down. Once we were stuck in the air and you can just feel the air in the surrounding is different and what made it worse was the guy sitting beside me wore really strong perfume. I felt so sick after that. :SquirtlePuke:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@mademoiselle We need to have a disgusted reaction but we don't so I'll have to use a sad reaction instead. Haha!

Yes, I get motion sickness regardless of where I sit and will get it even if I'm not on my phone. My friends all drive very slow and don't try to cut people off whenever I'm in their car but it doesn't help. When I don't take a motion sickness pill before I get in someone's car, I develop a very bad headache that can last the entire day. I try not to make a big deal over it so sometimes if I don't have my motion sickness pills with me (I have this medicine container I carry), I still participate in the activity but just deal with the consequences myself. Haha! 

I don't really get motion sick on a plane and maybe that's because I fall asleep on the plane. It doesn't matter if it's a two hour flight or shorter, I find myself sleeping. However, I was shocked I was able to stay up watching this comedy special a few weeks ago when I flew to DC to visit my friend. :laugh:

I don't like the smell of strong perfume/cologne too and I am someone who loves perfume/cologne. Some people are heavy handed and spray on way too much! 

By the way, this is my medicine container I carry with me. It's very convenient because I can carry motion sickness pills, allergy pills, pain reliever, etc. One time I bought one for my cousin because I didn't like the way she carried her medications (it was in a ziploc bag). Haha!

1.png

• Haha 4

@Tofu Usually for your condition, that means you have to be the driver not to get any motion sickness, right? Or not...?

Woah, I like your skills - how do you do it on the plane? I would love to fall asleep every single time on the plane. But I will suffer if that plane ride is when the time is switched. I had to sleep through my plane ride to Canada because I was sick and by the time we arrived, I've to sleep again :laugh:. That wasn't fun. LOLLL.

Oooh I like your medicine container. I've one like this but just the clear case which I leave at work to keep my Vitamin D and expired antihistamines :lmao2:. I usually carry a blister pack of paracetamol with me.

Hahaha ziploc bag can be handy if there are too many medicines. Each time Dad travel he had to bring a ton of meds with him, no containers can fit that many for the course of period he's overseas. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 4

tumblr-af6de5cbf93ee129911da34cee9defea-

Posted by Im Ji Eun AKP Staff

Lee Ji Ah to reportedly star as the female lead in new JTBC drama 'Take It to the End'

1667432891-20210923-0-1.jpg

On November 3 KST, one exclusive media outlet reported that Lee Ji Ah recently received a role offer for the female lead character in JTBC's new drama 'Take It to the End'. Following her successful acting transformation in SBS's popular drama series 'Penthouse', Lee Ji Ah's comeback is receiving a lot of attention.

Meanwhile, JTBC's 'Take It to the End' is currently in the process of deciding its broadcast time.

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1587957876819206145

• Like 3

giphy.gif

Posted by Susan Han AKP Staff

YG Entertainment responds to netizens concerns about BLACKPINK member Jisoo's health

1667520154-20221103-jisoo.jpg

Earlier this week, netizens pointed out on an online community that the BLACKPINK member was spotted with an unusual lump on her neck, raising concerns.

Regarding the issue, YG Entertainment curtly stated, "Jisoo is currently fulfilling her duties for BLACKPINK's world tour schedules without any trouble, and she is not experiencing any health issues."

Meanwhile, BLACKPINK will be continuing their 'BORN PINK' world tour in Europe from November through December.

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1588322174833930240

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 8:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

Usually for your condition, that means you have to be the driver not to get any motion sickness, right? Or not...?

Yeah, I would have to be the driver to avoid getting motion sickness. Sometimes if the driver is a safe driver (drive the speed limit, doesn't switch lanes multiple times within a short amount of time, no abrupt braking, etc.), it doesn't affect me as much. I can feel the motion sickness, but it doesn't develop into the typical symptoms (nausea, headache, etc.). 

Haha! I have no idea what it is about being on a plane, but it just makes me sleepy. It doesn't matter what time I get on the plane too. If my flight is during mid-day when people normally wouldn't sleep, I would still sleep. Hahaha! I can't sleep for a long period of time though. I'll sleep for 30 minutes, wake up look around, and then sleep again. My BFF can sleep for hours at a time on the plane. I have no idea how she does it. 

Do you have travel plans any time soon?

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yeah, I would have to be the driver to avoid getting motion sickness. Sometimes if the driver is a safe driver (drive the speed limit, doesn't switch lanes multiple times within a short amount of time, no abrupt braking, etc.), it doesn't affect me as much. I can feel the motion sickness, but it doesn't develop into the typical symptoms (nausea, headache, etc.). 

Haha! I have no idea what it is about being on a plane, but it just makes me sleepy. It doesn't matter what time I get on the plane too. If my flight is during mid-day when people normally wouldn't sleep, I would still sleep. Hahaha! I can't sleep for a long period of time though. I'll sleep for 30 minutes, wake up look around, and then sleep again. My BFF can sleep for hours at a time on the plane. I have no idea how she does it. 

Do you have travel plans any time soon?

It'd be hard to find a smooth driver. Plus the "make" of the car also plays an important part. I've sat and drove cars where the chassis is hard. Good god, so uncomfortable.

I think being able to sleep again after waking up is more skillful than sleep for hours at a time. The interruption to the sleep is the deal breaker there. I remember there was only once I was able to sleep through the plane ride. I don't know how or why but I literally just slept and sleep again when was woken up by others. Could you friend possibly taken motion sickness pill that makes her drowsy? I do like taking the drowsy ones so I can sleep (my OS: Yes, drug me please!)

No plans for travel yet. I do want to go to Japan. Miss the fresh sashimi. The new Ghibli museum is now open. Not in a rush though because I saw on SNS that people lined up for 3 hours to pay for the merchandise!

• Like 5

Anyone likes Yoon Park? Happy to see him as lead.  Though this is a short drama 

@mademoiselle @Tofu I plan to go back to Japan too . One my most favorite travel destinations. But am also considering Dubai in January during the long Lunar New Year break . Ahhh can’t decide btwn that or returning to Japan 1st 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Waaaah. I'm procrastinating on travelling. Hahaha! I'm stuck between "wanting to stay at home and do nothing" and "travelling". The first is winning because I dread packing/planning a trip and plane ride. 🤣

Have you been to Dubai before? You're looking at very hot vs winter :pandathink:

I suppose you can pack less for Dubai.

Yoon Park - need to call @ktcjdrama and @JenL isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 1
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Have you been to Dubai before? You're looking at very hot vs winter :pandathink:

I suppose you can pack less for Dubai.

I have done 3 trips this year when things started reopening. Travel is like kdrama for me. Can't live without it. But yes Dubai will be a new destination and January is great in terms of weather (14 to 24C) which is why I am considering . But the flights are really expensive. At the same time I want to go back to Japan ( that was my greatest wish when we couldn't travel during Covid lockdown) . I have a couple of new cities/ towns I plan to visit . 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

27 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have done 3 trips this year when things started reopening. Travel is like kdrama for me. Can't live without it. But yes Dubai will be a new destination and January is great in terms of weather (14 to 24C) which is why I am considering . But the flights are really expensive. At the same time I want to go back to Japan ( that was my greatest wish when we couldn't travel during Covid lockdown) . I have a couple of new cities/ towns I plan to visit . 

When it comes to travel, I wish I've Doraemon's door 🤣

If weather is good for Dubai, then definitely go to Dubai first! What are you planning to do there, apart from shopping?

What's your plan if you do go back to Japan? As in what new cities/town/activities are you planning to do?

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1