Havenites Dabang

tumblr-0882ead05b4459ac54ddf7f75470c912-

Content Writing Reporter Kim Jin Seok.

0000327038-001-20221230143401599.jpg

On December 30th, Korean media outlets reported that ASTRO's Cha Eunwoo had decided to renew his exclusive contract with Fantagio.

ASTRO debuted in February 2016, and the 7-year contract ends in February 2023. Besides performing on stage, Cha Eunwoo also debuted as an actor and became well-loved worldwide for portraying various roles. Many acting agencies tried to contact Cha Eunwoo, but in the end, he decided to renew his contract with Fantagio. Meanwhile, other members of Astro are currently discussing contract renewals.

In addition, tonight will be the premier of Cha Eunwoo's highly-awaited fantasy-horror drama "Island." International fans can catch the newest episodes through the streaming service Prime Video.

aa06904f-0cba-4460-86c4-e4ca2139866e.jpg

https://news.jtbc.co.kr/

to dongsaeng Cha Eunwoo. I'll never forget you. I'm fan of your work. don't worry I'm watching 'webcomic, action and fantasy' 'Island' without enter the thread. Priest John.. hwaiting!  :KittyGun:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a wonderful 2023 for all of us! 🥂🍻

I haven't been able to be here much the past few weeks as year end is usually very busy. Plus Singapore is increasing GST from 7% to 8% on 01/01/2023 so everyone seems to want to have their invoices/pay before year end. And this is even when the difference is only a few dollars! 😭

• Like 1
  • Party! 3

Happy New Year! :heart::Party01::yayaya:

Hope this upcoming year will be amazing!

If I had to reflect on 2022, I think the highs were high and the lows were low....but maybe that's every year in a weird way? :thinking: I don't think there's a year I've had that was without its challenges. I think last year was worse for me. This year has had some carry over events from last year.  I had a hard time finding my feet at first, especially when I had to deal with those deparessing moments. 

But I've been really happy the last few months! It's not that everything has worked out (far from it!), but maybe more that I've adopted a more stoic way of dealing with disappointments? I think I've been able to accept things as they are and adopt a more positive mindset, which has been helpful, so I'm grateful for that. And it's been so lovely to meet new people in my life who have made it shiney  :MewHi:

Here's hoping 2023 will bring you a lot of happiness and peace!

Also hoping it'll bring you closer to any goals or dreams you have in your life:hearties:

ALSO HOPING THIS IS A BETTER YEAR FOR KDRAMAS :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Hi everyone ! Happy new year

2022 left a gaping hole in my heart, and let's say its a year I'd rather not have experienced. But it is what it is. My kiddo & I are coping, and we have carried on with life.  So very thankful for this community that allowed me to escape, destress and find solace. Dramas & chatting here with you all saved me in some ways. My wish for 2023 is that it will be a lot gentler to my heart. Stay happy, healthy and safe, my friends. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

tumblr-728759bed4a5fd5caf51e8e9291e7630-

Korea joongAng Daily
newyork-logo.png

By Lim Jeong Won

CJ ENM reveals its list of '2023 Visionaries'

From top left, actor Kim Hye-soo, producer Na Young-seok, actors Ma Dong-seok, Park Eun-bin, director Park Chan-wook, singer IU, girl group (G)I-DLE, actor and director Lee Jung-jae, actors Lee Jin-joo and Jeong Seo-kyung named as "2023 Visionaries" by CJ ENM, in Korean alphabetical order. [CJ ENM]

From top left, actor Kim Hye Soo, producer Na Young Seok, actors Ma Dong Seok, Park Eun Bin, director Park Chan Wook, singer IU, girl group (G)I-DLE, actor and director Lee Jung Jae, actors Lee Ji Joo and Jeong See Kyung named as "2023 Visionaries" by CJ ENM, in Korean alphabetical order. [CJ ENM]

CJ ENM selected 10 people for its list of “2023 Visionaries” to represent the future of the Korean entertainment industry Tuesday.

The list awards pioneering figures who “lead change and innovation,” according to the company Tuesday.

The people selected on the list are actor Kim Hye Soo, producer Na Young Seok, actors Ma Dong Seok, Park Eun Bin, director Park Chan Wook, singer IU, girl group (G)I-DLE, actor and director Lee Jung Jae, actors Lee Jin Joo and Jeong Seo Kyung in Korean alphabetical order.

The people on the list were selected after a “balanced evaluation” process of quantitative data, expert reviews and global indicators, the company said in a press release Tuesday. The five criteria for selection are performance, cross-boundary power, change of frame of thinking, creating new genres or characters and original creativity and global influence.

About 60 CJ ENM employees and experts with “professional insight” on content production and business participated in the screening and review process. Big data was also used, according to CJ ENM.

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

02076bfed3617a1c9a869f4ef9c5c9802dc2e665

Content Writing Dispatch Reporter Song Soo Min

590c80e1-6ff4-4aad-a4fd-c57b7f575bb2.jpg

<Photo provided by Yuehua Entertainment Korea>

Actor Lee Do Hyun burned his passion for acting.

On the 3rd, Yuehua Entertainment, the agency, released behind-the-scenes cuts from the filming site of Lee Do Hyun's Netflix original series 'The Glory' (script written Kim Eun Sook, director Ahn Gil Ho).

In the photo, Lee Do Hyun was perfectly transformed into the character of 'Joo Yeo Jeong'. He read the script carefully with a serious face and concentration. He boasted a perfect synchro rate with a character with two faces.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/category/exclusive

• Like 1

tumblr-00ce961d5947c11c2f38a2746a772bdf-

OSEN

Written by Reporter Yeon Hwi Seon

0004768709-001-20230105100404280.jpg

[Photo] Provided by n.CH Entertainment

Actor,Singer Noh Min Woo will make a special appearance in 'The Forbidden Marriage'.

On the 5th, the agency n.CH Entertainment said, "Noh Min Woo will make a special appearance in the MBC Friday and Saturday drama 'The Forbidden Marriage' (web novel and screenplay Chun Zi Hye, director Park Sang Woo) which will be broadcast on the 6th."

Noh Min Woo will take on the role of Banju Bantan, an aerial hunting gun will perform passionately. Noh Min Woo, who recently made special appearance in tvN drama 'Surviving As A Celebrity Manager' and perfectly portrayed the role of genius film director Oh Hoon, leading to a hot response from viewers, will also show off his solid acting skills in 'The Forbidden Marriage', revealing his presence.

• Like 1

129c5c02ac81d49d0187d76b2f727720.gif

Yonhap News Reporter Yoo Joon Ha

Fls-Yshcag-AEBBJl.jpg

This photo, provided by Monster Entertainment shows, Henry Lau.

K-pop artist Henry Lau is returning back to the music scene with a track “Moonlight” in over 2 years on January 11.

This will be the artists first track release since his latest mini album “Journey” on November of 2020.

According to Henry’s entertainment agency Monster Entertainment addressed, “Upcoming track ‘Moonlight’ is a indipop genre of music which was not only written but also composed by Henry.”

https://twitter.com/korea_odyssey/status/1610908909073764352

• Like 2

lee-junho-gif-1.gif

By Reporter Kim Jeong So My Daily

202301061033347533-1.jpg

Actor Lee Junho departed for Bangkok, Thailand to attend the '37th Golden Disc Awards with Tik Tok' via Incheon International Airport on the afternoon of the 6th.

The '37th Golden Disc Awards with TikTok', taking place on January 7 at the Rajamangala National Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.

First, actress Lee Da Hee and singer Sung Si Kyung will be returning as MCs of the event for the fourth consecutive year. The two will also be joined once again by actress Park So Dam, hosting the 'Golden Disc Awards' for the second time after sitting out the event last year due to her treatment.

Lastly, as the ceremony will take place in Bangkok, Thailand for the first time ever, 2PM member and actor Nichkhun also will be joining the MC lineup as to communicate more closely with Thai audiences.

The '37th Golden Disc Awards' will celebrate a year in music with its spectacular ceremony on January 7 beginning at 8 PM KST.

https://m.mydaily.co.kr/new/

• Like 1

chanyeol-whoa.gif

Posted by Jia Lin AKP

Chanyeol exudes boyish charms on the cover of Purple Pearl China.

EXO member Chanyeol is on the cover of Purple Pearl China's New Year special edition.

Purple Pearl China uploaded a series of cover pages featuring Chanyeol onto their official social media platforms with the caption:  Purple Pear' Chinese version featuring EXO's Park Chanyeol has been released.

The extraordinary youth who lit up the road, with each wave and leap, he grows under the eyes of the public, giving his life infinite possibilities, to create the best version of him.

1673178511-324539329-5457429894363528-54

1673178511-323831963-492735806243717-258

Spoiler

1673178511-324419926-546043394232054-855

1673178511-324068378-1438814406647910-54

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1612053781134311426

• Like 1

photo1606401.jpg

Switch Movie Hive Media Corp

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP

Actress Lee Min Jung appeared on MBC's talk show 'Radio Star' for the first time ever and talked about what it's like being married to Lee Byung Hun.

1673284951-image.png

In the new episode of MBC's 'Radio Star,' Lee Min Jung appeared as a special guest with Kwon Sang Woo, Kim Nam Hee, and Yoo Seon Ho. On this day, Lee Min Jung, who hasn't appeared in many variety shows, showed off her witty talking skills and brought laughter to the studio.

On the show, Lee Min Jung confessed that she sometimes feels the age difference with her husband and shared a few stories.

She explained, "He still doesn't have a clear idea of apps." Lee Min Jung elaborated, "There was a time I had to film near the countryside and I sent delivery food to our home. And he was amazed and asked, 'Is that possible?' I also used an app to send him a taxi in Korea while I was in the United States and he was really shocked by that too."

The MCs on 'Radio Star' was surprised that Lee Byung Hun didn't know about the taxi app but Lee Min Jung made everyone laugh by replying, "Well, my generation is used to playing with Nintendos but his generation didn't have any Gameboys, or anything. His generation, they used to really catch frogs and play."

Actor Kwon Sang Woo made everyone laugh when he added, "I used to play like that too."

Meanwhile, Lee Min Jung received much love after appearing in the popular drama 'Boys Over Flowers' in 2009. She appeared in various other dramas such as 'Big.' Thereafter, she married Lee Byung Hun in 2013 and gave birth to their son in 2015. She recently garnered much attention on social media for her hilarious comments on Instagram.

Spoiler

1673284812-image.png

1673284955-image.png

Spoiler

photo1595263.jpg

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1612506378928545800

• Like 1

tumblr-5d9f45a88607324a50573c7857f1cd91-

Content Writing Reporter Park Hye Jin

6692ee7b-70a3-434a-99b6-94d9823b9f9a.jpg

<Photo courtesy = Plum A&C>

Singer-actor musician Im Si Wan will hold a fan concert for the first time in 4 years.

On the 11th of next month, Siwan will hold a fan concert called 'WHY I AM in SEOUL' at Blue Square Mastercard Hall in Seoul.

On the 10th, Im Siwan's side also released a teaser poster. He picked up a pink flower. It created a romantic and dreamy atmosphere.

This fan-con is a place to meet Swan (fandom name) for the first time in 4 years since 'Close to You: Closer~' in 2019.

An official hinted, "Since it's been a long time since we've met, Im Siwan has prepared an upgraded performance, including OSTs and various dance covers."

Offline ticket reservations are available at Interpark Ticket from 8:00 pm on the 13th. Beyond Live ticket reservations will be announced at a later date. 

abc60f2d-c2bf-4329-88aa-d30b14f2eb52.jpg

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/category/exclusive

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

tumblr-91901c312adc91ce54e1c2e7f8fd4cba-

Posted by Germaine Jay AKP

1617928457-20210408-hanyeri.jpg

Han Ye Ri is in talks to star in the upcoming occult drama 'The Sense'.

Actress Han Ye Ri's label SARAM Entertainment revealed the actress is in talks to star a new series 'The Sense'. The occult drama set at a Catholic high schools tells the story about a mysterious teacher and students who can sense spirits as well as a powerful evil spirit they face after 10 years.

If cast, 'The Sense' marks Han Ye Ri's first drama since 'Hometown' 2 years ago and her first project since her marriage last year.

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1613146702558687239

• Like 1

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, also known as Coachella, announced the lineup for 2023, revealing Blackpink to be one of the headliners for the three-day festival. in 2019, Blackpink became the first-ever k-pop girl group to appear at the Coachella festival. this year, Blackpink is set to make a brand new record as the first ever K-Pop act to perform as headliners for the event.

1844-image-20230111100425-1-jpeg-jpeg.jp

(YG Entertainment)

• Like 1

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP

It's not an easy decision to change your career path, especially if you're already employed at a large corporation. But there are Korean celebrities who made the leap of faith and quit their jobs in these well-known companies to go after their dreams.

Here are 7 Korean celebrities who bravely changed their careers later in life.

1. Heo Sung Tae

1673632268-image.png

Before becoming an actor, Heo Sung Tae worked at LG Electronic's International Business department and was in charge of the Russian and Central Eastern Europe markets. After that, he transferred to Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering and worked at the Office of Planning & Coordination.

He then decided to leave the corporation industry at the age of 35 and entered the path of acting through the 2011 SBS TV show 'Miracle Audition.'

2. Jin Ki Joo

Spoiler

1673632556-image.png

After graduating from college, she worked at Samsung SDS for three years and then worked as a broadcast reporter at G1 for three months before becoming an actress. Then in 2014, she entered the entertainment industry after auditioning for the SBS Supermodel Contest and coming in third place.

3. Jeong Hyeong Don

1673632707-image.png

After graduating from technical high school, Jeong Hyeong Don worked for Samsung Electronics. Afterward, he debuted as a comedian in the 17th KBS open recruitment in 2002 and made a name for himself as an MC in popular programs such as ‘Infinite Challenge,’ ‘Please Take Care of the Refrigerator,’ ‘Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education,’ and ‘Weekly Idol.

4. Bae Yoon Kyung

Spoiler

1673632868-image.png

Bae Yoon Kyung is well known as a contestant in Channel A's dating program 'Heart Signal' season 1 in 2017. She made a debut as an actor after the show. Before her debut, she worked as a shoe designer at E-Land Group.

5. Seo Hyun Chul

Spoiler

1673633105-image.png

Actor Seo Hyeon Cheol is said to have worked as an employee at Kumkang Shoes before making his debut as an actor. He resigned at the age of 31 to pursue his dream of acting and started acting in theater after that.

6. Basick

1673633264-image.png

Rapper Basick, the winner of Mnet's 'Show Me the Money 4', graduated from 'Babson College,' a 4-year business school in the US, and worked in the marketing department of FILA before becoming a rapper.

7. Pyo Ye Jin

Spoiler

1673633431-image.png

Pyo Ye Jin worked as a flight attendant at Korean Air for about a year and a half from 2011 to 2013 before debuting as an actress. Pyo Ye Jin made her debut with a minor role in the 2012 MBC drama 'Ohjaryongi Ganda.' She slowly gained recognition through various roles in popular dramas such as 'The Doctors,' 'Fight for My Way,' 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim' and more.

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1613982495661522944

• Like 1

tumblr-6cbf7a168ad061d87415e9b8facca2d4-

Posted by Resh Bell AKP

Cha Eun Woo left Korean and international audiences speechless with his incredible acting in 'Island's finale. 

Welldocumented-Apprehensive-Blacknorwegi

On January 13, 'Island' aired its final two episodes for Season 1, and the highlight of the finale was Cha Eun Woo's heartwrenching acting as Priest John/Yohan.

1673708715-image.png

The main focus of episodes 5 & 6 was the sad tale of two brothers who found each other after ages only to lose each other again. The emotions were running high in the season finale, and people were left crying to see Priest John's desperation and heartbreak. Cha Eun Woo's acting as a desperate, broken man trying to save his loved one and his tears were well-received by Knetz as well as the international audience.

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1614316344245211142

• Like 1

By Lee Gyu Lee

Korean-language works win Critics Choice Awards for 4 consecutive years.

'Pachinko' named Best Foreign Language Series.

optimize.jpg
The cast and staff of "Pachinko" pose with the trophy for the Best Foreign Language Series at the 28th Critics Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California, Sunday (local time). 

Apple TV+'s original series "Pachinko" has become the Best Foreign Language Series at this year's Critics Choice Awards, making it the fourth time for a film or a series in the Korean language to win a prize at one of the acclaimed U.S. awards.

The series beat eight other nominees, including another Korean-language series "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday (local time).

MV5-BNj-Jj-ZWEy-OTMt-Yj-Vk-Yi00-Mj-Y0-LT

A poster for the series "Pachinko" / Courtesy of Apple TV+

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee, the epic saga tells the story of a Korean immigrant family across four generations from the perspective of Sunja (Kim Min Ha), the family's matriarch.

It starts early in the life of Sunja, who is born to a hard-working family in the southeastern port city of Busan during the 1910-45 Japanese occupation of Korea. After being forced to move abroad to Japan, she struggles to protect her family through devastation and tragedy while trying to find a sense of belonging in a foreign land. The later life of Sunja is played by veteran actress Youn Yuh Jung.

A large part of the series was filmed in the Korean language, with Japanese and English also being used.

"Pachinko," which was released last March, has garnered popularity with its well-made cinematography and its heart-wrenching, dynamic story of a family. Following the eight episodes, the production of the second season has been confirmed.

The series was named one of the best TV programs of the year by the American Film Institute (AFI) last month and has been scoring several wins at awards, including the Best Breakthrough Series for a Long Format (over 40 minutes) at last year's Gotham Independent Film Awards.

Founded in 1996, the Critics Choice Awards is presented by the Critics Choice Association to recognize the finest cinematic achievements. The win of "Pachinko" in this year's awards has again shown enhanced attention to Korea-related content or content made by Korean creators in recent years.

Bong Joon Ho and his "Parasite" won Best Director and Best Foreign Language Film in 2020; "Minari" and Alan Kim clinched the Best Foreign Language Film and Best Young Actor awards in 2021; and Netflix series "Squid Game" and Lee Jung Jae notched the Best Foreign Language Series and Best Actor in a Drama Series awards in 2022.

Although failing to win an award, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" was also nominated for the Best Foreign Language Series category.

The Korean-language films and series that have won awards or been nominated at the Critics Choice Awards were all in different genres, from legal dramas and survival thrillers to the history of the Korean diaspora, showing that various sides of Korea-related content are recognized globally.

Director Park Chan Wook's Cannes-winning film "Decision to Leave" was also nominated for this year's award for Best Foreign Language Film, competing with Germany's "All Quiet on the Western Front," France's "Close" and India's "RRR," but failed to score a win. The trophy went to the Indian action film "RRR."

• Like 1

original.gif

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP

Big Bang's Taeyang shows his affection for his son recently.

On January 16, Taeyang appeared on a new episode of the YouTube 1theK Original show 'Look Me Up' and shared various details about his life.

During the show, Taeyang looked up information about himself and confirmed which information online was accurate and which was incorrect. On his profile page on Namuwiki, Taeyang shared that the information about his son's birthday was wrong. In the family information section of the profile, it listed that he got married to actress Min Hyo Rin in 2018 and gave birth to a son in December 2021. 

But Taeyang shared, "That's wrong. My baby was born in November 2021. Please fix it to November."

The production team then asked Taeyang to boast about his son, and Taeyang continued to say, "My baby was born in November, so recently, he had his first birthday. Also, he looks like my wife, so he's so pretty."

He elaborated, "If I take him outside, people ask if he's a girl and I have to tell them he's a son every time. He is that pretty. He's so lovely and precious."

Taeyang also spoke about the reason he decided to change labels and explained, "I'm on good terms with YG Entertainment, which I've worked under for a very long time. I decided to move on to The Blacklabel. It's going to be a meaningful time for me. We've worked on many songs together, we'll get to show those works as an artist under that agency."

Unfolded-Shady-Cornsnake-max-1mb.gif

Spoiler

1673906930-taeyang-jimin-vibefeat.png

1673907423-image.png

1673907224-image.png

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1615118834700095488

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1