Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

OST for tonight’s episode

@abs-oluteM Are you afraid BW will kill himself? I read it as BW will take LYC’s life. Haha... positive thinking. But I will join you to boycott MBN if no happy ending. Surely they’re not going to butcher their record-making drama series? 😆 

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have a feeling though that Dae Yeop may be the one with the tragic end. 

Very rare for main leads to die, so I am not too worried. I had predicted that DY might die because of his stubbornness in protecting SK, still, I hope he won’t die especially now that we know his death will not be devastating for LYC anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

oh I finally got my stream to work...

SK brings an injured DY into his room - or somewhere safe. He sees the ring on her hands and tells him she is officially BW's wife. He congratulated her but after she left the room , he cried. DY's mum ( formerly aunt !) is treating his wound...bleeding too much. Lee's main guard came in to see, she ask for his help. (I am always under the impression this man secretly loves the mum/aunt) DY pulled out his sword to his neck but aunt stops him . Believe she tells him how the guard has been always helping her. 

Anyway finally get to see BW who is with Jo and worried about SK. SK is with DY's mum know who does tell her that she is DY's mum!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 19 ~ can't believe tomorrow will be the last episode already

So we started where we left off. SK seeing that BW is holding the spear with his bare hands decided to let go of her grab on him. She and BW both fell. As in the pre-released clip, DY came to help but got slashed near his abdomen. SK our brave princess saved him by hitting the attacker. SK and CB helped injured DY after shouting over the wall that they're okay. Inside, someone asked who is there. BW and Jo is led inside to meet the aunt. BW updated them the reason why they climb the wall. He mentioned LYC's name. He wanted to go out, they told him there's a secret passage but only go through it in the morning. Cut to him wanting to go there and then, but the Aunt's assistant/daughter caught him and scolded him for not keeping the Aunt safe if he chose to go through the passage now as it will be found out. BW told her that he is super worried of his wife. She is not just his wife but someone more precious than life.

SK and CB carried DY but not knowing where to go, SK chose to bring DY to his mother's place. Aunt belatedly realised it was SK with DY. She told them to go to a certain room as it is safer there. In the room, SK told DY that she and BW are married and that BW's family is once again on the run. DY asked her to leave and he started crying when alone. 

Cut to LYC being updated by WY and DC. Later, DC saw a servant sneakily going somewhere, he followed and discovered DY and Aunt. Aunt told him not to report to LYC but as he turned to leave, DY pulled his sword and tried to stop him, but Aunt shouted to him no, this person has helped them so much, and she also disclosed his relationship with DY, which I didn't understand. 

BW still at the secret passage, thinking to go or not. Jo came and asked, if he's going to just stay there the whole night.

Aunt and SK are cleaning the room. Aunt told SK that she is DY's mother and who his father is. SK also told Aunt that she is married now. Aunt made the right guess that she married the son of Kim.

DY finally woke up from his rest in the morning and he immediately asked where SK is. Aunt told him she left already. DY although hurting wanted to go after her and upset Aunt let her leave. Aunt said she is worried about her husband, what can she do. 

Cut to BW waiting till morning and went through the passage already. CB was out there by the wall. He asked where is SK? They then both run to DY's house. They missed SK at a junction. They ran into pale DY. And SK is caught, they saw her being taken away. BW wanted to help but DY stopped him. BW thought of a plan and gave instructions to CB and DY. At Lee's residence, he was updated by WY that they caught SK.

• Thanks 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Next day, BW does find his way out to go look for her. He sees CB outside. DY also goes look for her as she has left. She tried to climb back over but got caught by what I initially thought was Lee's men. BW, DY and CB saw her getting caught

But the good thing is that CD, BW's mum and sis are safe in the temple. 

Smart BW knocked a palace guard unconscious and makes his way to see the King to tell him about SK being captured by Lee. I initially thought the King was giving some excuse to BW but suddenly SK came in dressed as a maid with the Chief Guard and Court Lady Kim. Our OTP were so relieved to see each other , if not because they were in the King's presence, they would have hugged! LOL

Now I wonder what SK told her dad...some strategy or what Lee planned to do.

The Chief Guard gives time to BW to see SK alone....they hug and cry. Can they kiss here ? 

They check if each other are okay and so on...

Oh CB and Jo reunite somehow ...hey maybe they may have more action in the lips department.

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

At the monastery, Monk asked sister where her mother is. She been praying non-stop with Cha Dol.

BW attacked a guard to get his uniform and he tried to get into the palace. He's being asked for his identity. Just then, King's guard came and recognised him, so he got in. Inside he begged the King to help SK. King asked him to give up. Somehow, I don't know why, Court Lady Kim is bringing in SK who already changed into a maid's clothes. Both SK and BW so shocked to see each other and everyone else in the room sensed the special longing exchange between them, until the guard has to cough, lol... After seated, SK informed the King that she is married to BW. As they talked, SK actually suggested a strategy to the King, involving the Wei. He asked Court Lady Kim to go ahead. Then he dismissed them and only BW remained. King is asking BW to do certain thing if he wants SK to be safe. I think this is where he said that he will take LYC's life. 

The guard took BW to see SK. They have another reunion hug only, lol.... 

King talked to Court Lady Kim about the plan. Court Lady although accepting but seemed to have a plan of her own. She then talked to KJJ, who later brought BW in regular clothes to a meeting of the Western faction. When he reached there, he sensed that this is another rebellion in making. He made his greetings but excused himself from it. Outside, KJJ grabbed him to stop him, the leader also came out and begged him to help them out, giving some reasons. In the evening, BW met DY at the gisaeng place.

SK is with her mother. They're having good quality time, even talked about BW. Mother is happy and smiling a lot. SK is also telling her mother more about BW, all with smiles. So blissful watching them. Why can't we have more of this kind of scenes??

Cut back to BW with DY. He begged DY to help him. Cut to DY with Aunt, telling her his plan. She gave a bloody handkerchief to DY. On it is written with blood a name, I think it's LYC's. Can only make out the Lee character. Aunt is telling DY about his father and stuff surrounding his death. However, DC is outside listening in to their whole conversation. Aunt telling more things to DY that he started to break down into tears. Aunt kept the handkerchief back into the box, she asked DY to stay where he is not go anywhere. Then she took the box outside. DY realising what she might do, followed her. Outside, DC stopped her, took the box and handed it to DY. He told DY that if you want to keep your mother safe, destroy it. Aunt tried to snatch back the box. But DC held her back. Noooo, DY burned the evidence that could bring LYC down. Aunt came and tried to take the burning handkerchief. DY stopped her while calling her omoni. She cried as DY hugged her.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Oh no why did DY burn that evidence...I guess he won't want his mum in danger.

Looks like what BW has begged DY to help him with is to go to where WY has kept the guns that Lee smuggles in. BW has a rifle and fires it. Somehow distracts the guards and WY who left the place. They the go in to the place to look for something - they find some bombs...oh then BW takes the gun powder from the bombs and put them all round and BW set the place on fire while DY goes after his bro or something...( they basically work together) . Crap DY got caught by his bro and the guards- possibly on purpose - so that he will look like the one to set the place on fire? Lee seem to keep his cool with DY...hmmm I suppose DY still has his use to Lee. 

(so much politics , so little of OTP together...sniff)

Aiks are we coming to the scene where Court Lady Kim sells out SK and leads her to Lee ????:shocked2:

• Like 1

Evening, Lee is outside his room, pacing. WY came and asked what's wrong. Lee think that the King is too quiet, it is suspicious. He gave WY some orders.

Morning. A group of men carrying a box in the forest. BW and DY following them. They reached a place where more men are training sword skills. BW and DY spying from a higher cliff, then BW fired a gun. Immediately WY and DC came out of the shed. They took some men to go towards the sound of the gun. With fewer men on guard, BW and DY went to the training grounds. They found more guns and even some bombs. BW discovered a secret entry on the ground. There's an underground room. They went down and found more bombs. They had some discussions and decided to burn the place down. Somehow they decide to separate although worried about each other's safety? BW responsible with the fire to burn the place, and DY drew his sword and ran towards the mountain. BW went to look for DY and saw him being captured by WY and DC. DY brought to Lee, who immediately asked WY to untie him. WY kept protesting as DY and Lee were talking. Lee let DY go, but WY said he doesn't feel good about it. Lee told him that there's another way to make DY submit. Cut to Lee meeting the King, asking where the princess is. More jabs between them and King is losing emotionally again, sigh... what a weak king. It's like he got a heart attack? He called out for Court Lady Kim to come in. She shouted for the royal physician to be summoned.

BW and SK in their room. BW is lost in thought, SK had to call him a few times. Court Lady Kim came and told them princess is wanted by the King. BW wanted to go along, but Court Lady Kim said only princess is needed. BW looking at her suspiciously. True enough Court Lady Kim sold her out and brought her to LYC. She told SK that this is for the sake of the King. She reminded LYC to keep his promise. SK noted out loud that the two of them worked together. After Court Lady Kim left, SK is still trying to resist going with LYC. He threatened her using her mother's life though, that Court Lady Kim will do something to her. Cut to Kim in front of the angry King who scolded her for doing things on her own. BW realised something happened to SK but he is stopped by main guard to go out, who suggested something else.

SK's mother came barging into King's room, scolding the King on her way in. Kim tried to explain things but got slapped by SK's mother. Mother made some arguments to the King in tears. BW and main guard outside listening to every word. She said her last and left. King's head hurt, but he refused taking medicine and ordered Kim and guard to leave the room.

In another room, BW comforted SK's mother by promising that he will do his best to save SK. Cut to King thinking back to what his wife had said, he's crying. Cut to Lee smiling in his room, with SK standing in the middle of it. WY brought DY in, and when they saw each other, he asked what's going on. Lee is like presenting SK to DY. SK back to her princess speech manner and scolded Lee. End of episode.

Preview: hm.... nothing peaceful about it.... are we getting a family reunion or not??? Don't give me just like 5 minutes only of them reuniting with Cha Dol.

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Pending @ktcjdrama's recap ...I believe that the King "sold" his daugther off . She was taken to Lee's residence . Is Lee forcing her & DY to get married ? Honestly I am so annoyed

I can certainly say the King has nothing to do with it. It was all Kim's solo idea, trying to "protect" her king. I am so happy SK's mother gave her the slap! But our King is truly so manipulated by people around him... sigh...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can certainly say the King has nothing to do with it. It was all Kim's solo idea, trying to "protect" her king. I am so happy SK's mother gave her the slap! But our King is truly so manipulated by people around him... sigh...

Kim is a snake ..so is she and Lee working together? You know these few episodes, I feel that DY got the meatier part of the story. His arc is the focus here and it takes away so much precious time from our OTP. I feel like BW seems so helpless and constantly DY has to come into the picture to save her or them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Kim is a snake ..so is she and Lee working together? You know these few episodes, I feel that DY got the meatier part of the story. His arc is the focus here and it takes away so much precious time from our OTP. I feel like BW seems so helpless and constantly DY has to come into the picture to save her or them. 

I think at the end of the day, Kim has her own agenda and she still needs the King. So anything to appease Lee in the meantime while she matures her own plan. 

True that DY is getting more meatier role. I guess the writer is trying to balance the story out properly, while we the romantic fools are hungry for more OTP scenes, LOL

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama  I really miss the days of BW not being a yangbang ...Cha Dol was right after all that being one is no fun. I miss the family together. And given that they will need sometime to take Lee down, we won't have much time left for happy family time :zzzz:

The one and only sweet OTP scene

Preview - gives me hope that BW has been reinstated and that there was a short scene of them together. And it seems that BW will lead whatever battle/ fight  they need to take on here

• Like 1

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

I really miss the days of BW not being a yangbang ...Cha Dol was right after all that being one is no fun. I miss the family together. And given that they will need sometime to take Lee down, we won't have much time left for happy family time

Me too, miss the days of the family together. I really don't know how they're going to take Lee down, given we only have a little more than an hour's worth of episode and yet victory is nowhere near in sight. I'm sad now thinking more than half and hour will be devoted to the power struggle and at this point, if we're given 10 minutes of happy family time, we should probably count ourselves lucky already :cry:  Will we ever witness a kiss? Not even a forehead or cheek kiss??? I cannot imagine where they can insert that. Yes, I've given up hope for a lip kiss.

• Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Will we ever witness a kiss? Not even a forehead or cheek kiss??? I cannot imagine where they can insert that. Yes, I've given up hope for a lip kiss.

Today , I am certain that they won't be giving us a kiss. Please prove me wrong MBN.

MBN can give us one OST per episode but cannot even give us one kiss...aiyo.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Today , I am certain that they won't be giving us a kiss. Please prove me wrong MBN.

The wedding scene was such a wasted opportunity. How much more beautiful would it be if they insert a forehead kiss before the hug? That is not difficult at all!! 1-2 seconds screen time only :idk:

• Sad 2

MTDzeiV.gif

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I'm convinced that this drama won't have a kiss at all. There were plenty of opportunities where they could have shown us a kiss, even if it is a forehead kiss or a cheek kiss, and they did not. Just plenty of embraces.  Anyway, still catching up, but convinced that I won't be watching any kisses in this drama. Good thing that the story is interesting enough that I'm still watching it, even if behind everyone else on this thread. :smile:

• Haha 4

Have watched with subs, I am filling in the recaps above here instead of going back to edit.

- the ones BW and Jo met inside the West Palace are his Aunt and younger cousin. Aunt at first think it's useless for BW to  go back out when he doesn't even know where his wife is. BW told her that she is someone intelligent and strong (awww) and she will somehow hold up until him to find her. Aunt decided to tell him about the secret passage which is only safe to use after the morning patrol. Cousin scolded BW for risking the lives of everyone in the West Palace if the passage is discovered, because it is used when they run out of food or when someone in need of medicine. BW saying that he is a lucky person, he'll be careful not to be found out. She doesn't want to depend on luck and insisted that BW not betray them and wait till morning, even though BW told her SK is not just his wife but someone who changed his life.

- DY asked SK and CB to go back trying to get into West Palace. SK not agree, asked CB to go back there and send message she is fine, while she takes DY back to his place.

- DY still asked SK to quickly go back to West Palace before it's too late and became harder. When SK told DY that she's gotten married to BW, he congratulated her, and assured her that he is no longer pining for her. Of course we saw him crying after she left.

- When DC saw Aunt with DY, Aunt assured DY that DC will not sell them out. DY not believing until Aunt shouted that DC has a deep big wound on his back because he blocked a sword from LYC to protect the two of them a long long time ago. DC just took DY's sword calmly and said he will go get the medicine to help stop his bleeding.

- So when DY got up, what he was upset about was hearing that SK left in the morning, not in the middle of the night, because it's more dangerous to be found out in the morning. Why Aunt let her go in the morning. 

- The reason why DY and CB stopped BW from going to save SK immediately is because if he also got caught, no one can rescue SK, because DY is currently injured. BW told CB to go into the West Palace from that secret passage while he will go beg the King.

- Lee and WY only got news that a person caught around West Palace, a woman disguising as man, confirmed it is Princess. They went there to get her, but was one step late because she was already taken away by King's main guard.

- Oh no, SK accidentally told King that it was thanks to him asking Main Guard to inform them that they could get away... SK also thanked the King that she was able to get out of prison now. Anyway, what she's proposing to the King does not have anything to do with the Wei people. It's just a way of making some political changes to strengthen the power. It is something that she read in the past it's done before. It will involve the Western faction. King was hesitant but SK gave some more ideas to resolve what he's worried about. King then told BW that if he wants to protect SK, he needs to stop LYC's attempt to rebel no matter what. BW promised him that he will do everything to stop it, and if he could not stop it, he is willing take LYC's life himself and then kill himself to bear the responsibility... Er....?

- I like the bromance of BW and Main Guard. When he took him to see SK, BW actually worried if it's okay because then he is defying King's order. He told BW he's reported to the King and don't worry about him, BW should worry about himself.

- King asked CL Kim about the idea SK suggested, and told her to talk to KJJ. Kim asked KJJ if he can accept one more person attending the meetings he's been holding. 

- One of my favourite scene is when SK is with her mother. Mother said that the first time she saw BW, she also think he is a dependable person, that's why she asked him to take care of SK. She is sad that she couldn't hold a proper wedding for her. SK told her that BW made a flower crown himself and it's the most beautiful. Mother said she can feel how much BW loves SK. She wants to say her thanks but don't know when she will get to him again.

- The name written on the handkerchief is incomplete, it is the name of LYC. DY's father was poisoned to death, vomited blood and used the blood the write the name of the killer. Fearing poison is not enough, he also sent an assassin to finish the job. The person who hid the handkerchief and passed it to Aunt is DC. Aw man, I cried when DY tried to stop his mother. He said that she is more important to him than revealing the cause of death of his father.

- When DY was brought in front of LYC, he asked him to go ahead and kill him because he will not join hands with an enemy. DY revealed that he knew LYC is the one who killed his father. LYC calmly replied that he has lots of enemies and those are just one of the many false accusations against him. He asked DY to go rest and find out the truth. WY suggested to use Aunt as leverage, but LYC told him no use, she will just kill herself if DY is cornered. 

- LYC went to King and asked for SK to be handed out since he heard she is hiding somewhere in the palace. He said King did not keep his promise of handing out SK. Very interesting exchange here, King is easily riled up and LYC knows very well how to push the buttons.

- Kim came to get SK saying that she needs to move to another place because LYC gotten wind about her, so just to be safe. BW wants to come along but Kim said it's a place only for women.

- The scene of SK's mother outrage with the King, I think better just wait for subs. It's good and sad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Jung Il Woo, Yuri, And Shin Hyun Soo Share Final Thoughts On “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

The cast of MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” shared their closing comments ahead of the drama’s final episode!

“Bossam: Steal the Fate” is about the fateful romance that occurs when a mysterious rogue named Ba Woo (Jung Il Woo) accidentally kidnaps Princess Soo Kyung (Girls’ Generation’s Yuri), the widowed daughter of King Gwanghae (Kim Tae Woo).

Jung Il Woo played the charismatic Ba Woo and carried the drama with his character’s sometimes exhilarating, sometimes pitiful story. He commented, “This drama was made together with the passionate producers and the teamwork of the cast members. For the past six months, everyone worked with one mind and one goal to complete filming to the best of our abilities, so I’m nothing but thankful for the viewers who gave so much love to the drama.”

Jung Il Woo concluded, “While being grateful for all the love you’ve given me, I’ll make an effort to be an actor who always works hard.”

Jung-Il-Woo.jpeg

Through her role as Soo Kyung, Yuri portrayed the trailblazing instincts of a princess who wanted to create her own path. Expressing her astonishment at how fast the time had gone, Yuri shared, “Time has flown by so fast and now it’s time for the drama to end. As it was my first time taking on a historical drama, this drama challenged me and gave me a very meaningful experience.”

Yuri also spoke of her affection for the viewers as she said, “I hope this story will remain peacefully in the hearts of viewers for a long time. I ask that you look forward to Soo Kyung’s story and the heartwarming conclusion that will occur in the final episode. I sincerely thank everyone once again.”

Yuri.jpeg

Shin Hyun Soo perfectly expressed the devoted one-sided love of his character Dae Yeop. He began by addressing the viewers, saying, “I greeted the viewers through a historical drama for the first time in a long time, and I’m sincerely grateful to have received so much love. Thanks to everyone, I think I was able to bid farewell to Dae Yeop in a happy way.”

Shin Hyun Soo added, “I also want to say to the other cast members and staff who went through a lot while filming that you’ve all worked so hard. I’d like to convey my gratitude once again to everyone who gave their love to ‘Bossam: Steal the Fate.'”

Shin-Hyun-Soo.jpeg

The final episode of “Bossam: Steal the Fate” airs on July 4 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The wedding scene was such a wasted opportunity. How much more beautiful would it be if they insert a forehead kiss before the hug? That is not difficult at all!! 1-2 seconds screen time only :idk:

I totally agree the wedding scene was such a great opportunity for them to finally have their kissing scene and all we got was a hug. It's like man come on, people in those days kiss each other on the lips dammit so give us our kissing scene. :pandasad:  Though, the wedding scene was still a beautiful and sweet scene.

I have not lost hope yet that we will get a kissing scene in the last episode, even though I think there's only a 10% chance of it happening...hahaha.

• Clapping Hands 3