Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Hahhahaha. Couldn’t help but laugh. Yes. DY annoys me to bits. Not the dimmest bulb but certainly not the brightest for sure. He’s so self-absorbed, I cannot see how anyone would be on his side in the love story. I mean, even the princess dumped him. Blatantly. By cutting off her jeogori ribbon! In Chinese we would say, die also don’t give up.

Yes, and actually I'm on episode 11 where DY is basically being a bit petty in his jealousy, all while professing that it's to "protect" the princess. If he had only had the guts to run away with her when she had asked him to, before she was married off to his brother. Blech. But, he didn't have the guts, and now he doesn't have the girl. It seems all he does is hurt her in the name of "protecting" her. I'm really tired of DY now. I thought his father was the Big Villain, but it's starting to look as if DY is going to turn into the ultimate Big Villain since the woman he has loved for so long prefers the man who actually rescued her rather than the guy who was too afraid to run away with her.

I thought it was funny that she "divorced" DY the way she did, even while telling him that it was symbolic since they were never married after all.

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Chadol is my favourite Jiminy Cricket. 

LOL. Cute way to describe ChaDol.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@ktcjdrama, just realized that you had already translated and posted the scenes that I translated and posted. So sorry. That's what I get for being late to the game, and not reading the read before I translate and post.

No problem at all. I love reading your translation because it has different nuances and more accurate. I translated from the Chinese subs because it comes out quite soon after airing, while the English subs might take days. Something might still get lost in translation. But it helps with the waiting. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Praise for Kwon Yuri's delivery as Joseon's princess.

Source

Girl group Girls' Generation member and actress Kwon Yu-ri is receiving favorable reviews for her passionate performance in 'Bossam'.

In the MBN weekend drama 'Bossam - Stealing Destiny', Kwon Yu-ri takes on the role of 'Soo-kyung', a princess of flowers, and leads the drama by assimilating perfectly with the character.

In last week's broadcast, Soo-kyung showed her cleverness to turn a crisis into an opportunity by confronting Lee Yi-cheom (Lee Jae-yong), who came to find her, and then opening his grain warehouse to help the people.

Then, Soo-kyung asks Gwanghae-gun (Kim Tae-woo) to allow her to marry Dae-seok (Jung Il-woo) because she is in love with him.

Kwon Yu-ri, who played 'Soo-kyung', is getting a good response for her candid straight-forward attitude without giving in to the constraints of the times, by taking bold actions to protect her people at all costs and demonstrating infinite sincerity in love.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The birth secret of DY is really so sad & tragic. When he's baited with princess to get into the throne by YC, he seems almost lost to the madness. His obsession to princess for a while was quite crazy. But seems his mother able to knock some sense back to him. I have to say it pained me to see this scene of him talking to BW. And BW said he dreamt that they were a friend. I have to give kudos to DY's actor, I almost got teary and it's really not easy to make me sad & touched 😂 I'm jaded from watching too many dramas 😅

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

59 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The birth secret of DY is really so sad & tragic. When he's baited with princess to get into the throne by YC, he seems almost lost to the madness. His obsession to princess for a while was quite crazy. But seems his mother able to knock some sense back to him. I have to say it pained me to see this scene of him talking to BW. And BW said he dreamt that they were a friend. I have to give kudos to DY's actor, I almost got teary and it's really not easy to make me sad & touched 😂 I'm jaded from watching too many dramas 😅

On the one hand, I really need to stop reading spoilers on this drama. On the other hand, it makes DY more interesting to think that he's also a pawn in a power play rather than just a younger son who was thwarted in his love and becomes obsessive over SK.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I have to give kudos to DY's actor, I almost got teary and it's really not easy to make me sad & touched

I like him since Ruler Master of the Mask. He plays Saguek roles well, I think. I even watched his lead drama Twelve Nights. 
Btw, so English subs is out? It’s fast this week 👍🏻

OST#18

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdramaI don't see subbed episodes out yet. Momentarily happy. #sob

What took them so long to get married anyway. She's already been referring to him as "husband" in front of Jo and CB when the irritating first wife appeared. She's more ready than he is/was! Totally took him off guard! I'm staving off my restless wait by watching and re-watching the scene where she asks him to stay in her room. 

• Like 4

@stroppyse when you reached ep.13, I have something to ask you about the OTP scene under cherry blossom tree. The one I have in my signature. In spoiler 

Spoiler

Did BW use the word "lips" as pronounced in modern times when referring to SK's lips? I mean, surely they won't have the word "lips" during that time, right? :thinking:

There will be another occasion in later episode he uses the same word again, when speaking to his sister.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse when you reached ep.13, I have something to ask you about the OTP scene under cherry blossom tree. The one I have in my signature. In spoiler 

Hide contents

Did BW use the word "lips" as pronounced in modern times when referring to SK's lips? I mean, surely they won't have the word "lips" during that time, right? :thinking:

There will be another occasion in later episode he uses the same word again, when speaking to his sister.

Actually, they probably did use that word for lips in Joseon Korean. There are quite a lot of words which were inherited intact from that era. Also, the rest of the face parts (forehead, nose) that BW lists as being beautiful in that scene are also the words used in modern Korean.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Where are the subs, where are the subs?? :cry:

Check discord. I tag you there with a link.

--------------

I watched both the episodes, and I have to commend the writer for a well thought out plot. Dae Yeob's birth secret was a surprise for me but it was clear that the writer had all this weaved in nicely and the reveal was most timely at a point where Lee was in the final stretch of his plans to overthrow the current King. Lee clearly has everything he needs now - a puppet King he could control ( or at least that's what he thinks at this point with DY agreeing to ascend ) , the strong support of the Northern faction and a private army that he has been strengthening over the years. I did feel very sorry for Dae Yeob in these two episodes. Especially when he started to burn those paintings SK drew. How painful it must be to find out that this his love and affections will be taboo & not right now since they are 1st cousins.

Should I feel sorry for the King ? ( such an excellent performance by Kim Tae Woo)  Can a man who has no qualms killing his father & sacrificing his daughter ( for the 2nd time) be worthy of the throne? But for BW and SK's safety , I rather he remain on the throne than have Lee take control. 

My favourite scene in the recent episodes were definitely the proposal / wedding. Though I watched it so many times, it did not lose its magic even when I watched it again with subs. There's clearly a lot of love and respect between these two that can be seen in the way they look at each other . And even though they didn't give me a kiss  (sniff) , this is still one of the most romantic moments I have seen on screen in a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 6/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I like him since Ruler Master of the Mask. He plays Saguek roles well, I think. I even watched his lead drama Twelve Nights. 

Funny story..I remember him most in Welcome to Waikiki2 . His love line & story with Kim Seon Ho's sister was even more exciting & funny than KSH's romance . LOL. He is doing a great job as Dae Yeob here. 

This blog does some amazing edits

https://blog.naver.com/shannonkim/222412865745

%B4%D9%BF%EE%B7%CE%B5%E5

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I've finally watched the latest episodes! The scenes between Bawoo and Sookyeong are always so tender. Even if skinship is few and far between, it's just so sweet! His eyes are dripping with honey when he looks at her, and her gentle stoicism (if there's even such a thing!) is just such a good counter balance to his fierce passion for life and survival. I'm sure they will have a happily ever after as commoners - dad will surely see reason eventually - but it looks like a lot more heart stopping moments from now till then!

Daeyeop, Daeyeop... how does one even feel for this poor, messed up kid. I'd hate to be him. Really. To find out your life has been an utter deception all this while, your dad is not your dad, aunt is actually your mum, and finally understand why everyone in the house hated him. So very tragic. I quite disliked him when he was throwing that fit with his mum about wanting Sookyeong still, but yes, I'll let the man vent. Poor chap, really. I do wonder if he'll just end up dead at this rate, and whether death will be a better fate for him. Maybe he'll end up in the monastery and spend the rest of his life ridding himself of the baggage of materialism and politics.

Bawoo's mum. I'm not sure if I like her now. But at least she's treating Sookyeong better, regardless of her motivations. Perhaps being thrown back into "commonerhood" will help her understand the futility of titles when there is no humility.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Has anyone ever wondered how Bawoo suddenly became such a skilled swordsman? Though clearly not as good as Daeyeop. But still...

He practiced for the test, didn’t he? He can handle rifles too. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes that is true. I remember the period where he was being trained - the time where SK taught him archery too. 

---------------

They expect the drama to hit 10% this weekend. Pressure!!!

'Bossam', announcing the revival of the Korean Wave historical drama... Breaking 10% in viewer ratings this weekend.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2021/07/642456/

MBN's 10th anniversary special project 'Bossam - Stealing Destiny' broke the highest ratings for 4 weeks in a row. It is expected to break through 10% ahead of the end of this weekend. This is an achievement in a situation where the popularity of historical dramas has declined due to changes in audience tendencies. An MBN official said, "Since 'Bossam' has garnered the most attention among dramas that have aired since the launch of the final episode, we expect that it will continue to rise until the end."

'Bossam' is a historical drama set in the era of Gwanghaegun of the Joseon Dynasty. It has been well received from the start as a romantic historical drama based on bossam, a custom of the Joseon Dynasty. It started with a rating of 3% for the first broadcast in May (based on Nielsen Korea) and has steadily risen. On the 26th of last month, when episode 17 was aired, it tripled to 9%. The ratings rose for 4 weeks in a row, surpassing the drama 'Elegant Family (Graceful Family) ' which had previously  recorded the highest ratings by MBN. It is expected that the 10% barrier will be crossed this weekend!

The secret to the popularity of 'Bossam' is the actors' passionate performances and solid screenplay. Actor Jung Il-woo, who plays BaWoo  emerged at the nucleus of a power struggle when he accidentally "bossam' the princess while living on a subsistence level. Kwon Yu-ri, who played the dignified princess  Su-kyung, showing strength  in the midst of a crisis, also contributed greatly. Kim Tae-woo, who played the role of Gwanghae-gun, and Lee Jae-yong, who played the role of Lee Yi-cheom, who set up a confrontation with him, also greatly increased the tension of the play. The traditional visual beauty that can only be seen in historical dramas also added strength. The backdrop of Korea's mountains, seas, rivers and fields was enough to catch the viewers' eyes.

The popularity of TV has spread to online video service (OTT). On the OTT platform 'Wave' drama chart, it ranked 2nd in the fourth week of June. Following Jeonju, the viewing time continued to rise, continuing its popularity. It started out of the top 10 in the first week of airing, but since the second week it entered the top 5 and has continued to maintain its top position. It is also a point to watch whether it will be able to occupy the first place with the last final episode airing.

The popularity of 'Bossam' has spread overseas. Recently, the OTT platform 'Viki', which is being serviced in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Oceania, and Asia, has risen to the top 10 in the US market content ranking. In the evaluation of service users, it scored 9.4 out of 10, sparking the historical drama Hallyu craze.

The OTT platform 'Friday' operated by 'Yuenchuan FET', one of Taiwan's three major telecommunication companies, also recorded a viewer rating of 4.8 out of 5. Thanks to the media's favorable reviews, "Jung Il-woo and Kwon Yu-ri's appearance in hanbok and their action performances are fun to watch," GTV, one of Taiwan's four major broadcasters, has even confirmed to air the drama.

It will also be aired on KNTV, a Japanese broadcaster specializing in Hallyu, from September this year, and will be serviced in the second half of this year by terrestrial broadcasters in Vietnam, the Philippines, and Singapore. MBN said, "It is expected to meet more foreign viewers and become a global Hallyu content."

In the final episode, the conflict is escalating due to Lee Yi-cheom's plan to retaliate. The crisis facing BaWoo and Soo-kyung, who have been married as a couple, is also ongoing. Another MBN official said, "We are facing a final conflict that can no longer be undone. I hope that the three people will be together until the end  in the remaining two episodes ." The broadcast is on the 3rd (Saturday) and the 4th (Sunday) at 9:40 pm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, but it takes considerable time - years, if not months - to become proficient. Remember how the first time they all met, he couldn't fight? Brawl, yes. Fight, no. But drama, so must suspend some level of logic cos after all, Bawoo is gifted. :laugh:

@abs-oluteMI wish I knew what they were talking about. A drama being newsworthy??

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

MBN News covered it tonight with  some BTS

Here's some translations of the graphics they showed in this MBN News clip...

Edited by C L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 more questions left as #BossamStealTheFate is heading for finale

With only two episodes left until the end of MBN's 10th anniversary special project 'Bossam - Stealing Destiny' (screenplay by Kim Ji-soo Park Cheol, directed by Kwon Seok-jang, produced by JS Pictures), viewers are in anticipation of the development. Curiosity has reached its peak. In this regard, we pointed out three final spectating points that could not slow the tension until the end.

#1. Jung Il-woo and Kwon Kwon-ri, what is the future of 'excellent couple'?

Bau (Jung Il-woo) and Soo-kyung (Kwon Yu-ri), who have finally promised a 100-year journey after overcoming all kinds of adversity, are in danger of being separated from their lives for a while, even for a short time. As Lee Yi-cheom (Lee Jae-yong)'s retaliation began, Bau's identity as Daesok was cancelled, and he and Soo-kyung were chased again. Fortunately, with the help of those around him, he was able to avoid the attack of Lee Yi-cheom and his family members in advance, but the moment he was about to cross the wall of Seogung, where Bau's aunt, Dae-dae, was imprisoned, Su-gyeong was caught by the official. As if the future of the two can never be allowed, viewers are eagerly waiting for their happy future in the midst of repeated crises.

#2. Shin Hyun-soo, will you go ahead with your ambition blinded by love?

Dae-yeop (Shin Hyun-soo)'s unpredictable moves also make you sweat until the end. Earlier, Lee Yi-cheom revealed to Dae-yeop that he was the real son of Im Hae-gun, the eldest son of the previous king, and that he planned to defeat Gwanghae-gun (Kim Tae-woo) and put him on the throne. Also, he persuaded Daeyeop that he would be able to keep Sugyeong by his side with 'Jewangmuchi' (meaning that the king has no shame) when he ascends to the throne. Dae-yeop, who had only considered himself as a means to the end, burst into grief over him, but also expressed his intention to join the treason as he gradually lost his temper in the unbearable reality. It was a question of his true inner purpose.

#3. Jaeyong Lee vs. Taewoo Kim, the end of the power struggle in the palace?

The final point to watch is what kind of ending the power struggle between Gwanghae and Lee Yi-cheom, who shook the fate of Bau, Soo-kyung, and Dae-yeop, will end. Lee Yi-cheom and Su-gyeong, who are trying to defeat Gwang-hae, who can no longer move according to his will, and make Dae-yeop, who can move at his own will, lose even the last hand, and Gwang-hae must somehow stop his conspiracy. At the end of a raging confrontation, attention is focused on who will take power.

Episode 19 of MBN's 'Bossam - Stealing Destiny' will be broadcast on Saturday, the 3rd (today) at 9:40 pm. At the same time as the start of the main broadcast, Korea's representative online video service wave (wave) will exclusively release OTT.

source

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor