Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi | 어사조이뎐 [2021]

2PM’s Taecyeon And His Crew Get Way Too Into Their Undercover Mission On “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 16, 2021 by E. Cha

2PM’s Taecyeon and his squad will be going undercover on the next episode of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a new tvN historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy,” Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi unexpectedly ran into each other once again in the woods. The two were there for different reasons: Ra Yi Eon was on his way to solve the mystery surrounding the crown prince’s death, while Kim Jo Yi was preparing to start the second chapter of her life. However, their reunion quickly took a turn for the worse when they were attacked by bandits.

The episode ended on an epic cliffhanger: just when their squad had barely managed to free themselves and escape, a terrifying ghost appeared before them, making it impossible to predict what would happen next.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Ra Yi Eon and his trusty servants Yook Chil (played by Min Jin Woong) and Goo Pal (Park Gang Sub) passionately throw themselves into an undercover mission. In order to investigate the enemy, Ra Yi Eon poses as a fun-loving libertine who parties hard, and Yook Chil joins him by dressing up as an aristocrat.

The photos capture Ra Yi Eon letting loose in broad daylight as he pretends to use a bottle of alcohol as a trumpet, while Yook Chil uses the opportunity to show off his hippest dance moves. Goo Pal, on the other hand, has made an even more dramatic transformation by disguising himself as a woman.

Taecyeon3.jpegMin-Jin-Woong.jpegPark-Gang-Sub.jpeg

Spoiler

Perhaps as a result of his efforts, Ra Yi Eon finally winds up coming face to face with villain Park Tae Seo (played by Lee Jae Kyoon). Despite his relaxed smile, Ra Yi Eon’s sharp gaze suggests that he sees right through Park Tae Seo, who takes a sip of his drink amidst the tense atmosphere.

Taecyeon-21.jpegLee-Jae-Kyoon.jpeg

The producers of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” remarked, “Episode 4 is an important episode where the entire investigation squad gets together. You can safely look forward to their refreshing and delightful teamwork.”

Source

• Haha 1

@Chocolate yes a ghost appeared at the end which saved them from being buried alive ...though I am not sure if there's more to it.

------------------------

Lee Joon Hyuk was the Crown Prince who died a year ago . And he and Yi Eon grew up together and were very close, almost like brothers. LJH treasured Yi Eon a lot and taught him to fight and protected him in a war. But they showed that he was poisoned and died.  One of the things that Yi Eon would continue to do, alongside his investigations, would be to find out what and who poisoned LJH.

I enjoyed eps 3. I wonder if there will be some sort of forced/ fake marriage trope. Because after she left her marital home post the divorce, she had decided to leave for Hanyang to look for her mother. It was said her mother had abandoned her when she was young to go work or have a better life in the capital. And she figured she may be able find work sewing in the city. Anyhow on her way to the port she decided to rest overnight at a shrine nearby. 

Yi Eon and his servants got lost on the way to the port ( he was pursuing further investigations to why someone wanted to assassinate them earlier) and stumbled upon her at the shrine. And there's an interesting tradition ( part of their moral code ) where a single man who stumbles upon a divorcee in front of the shrine is obliged to marry her. But of course both refuse. Anyway as they were arguing , some mountain bandits wanted to rob them and bury them alive. That ghostly thing scared them away and that was how they escaped. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I actually watch eps 4 but didn't have time to write about what happened. It wasn't a ghost but just a bunch of orphans who used this tactic to scare off bandits. The orphans was lead by this fearless girl called Bi Ryung that looked like Bori ( her bestie who died). This young girl was actually trying to save orphans who were being exploited as slaves/ workers in the Soyang Trading Group. She was doing this with the help of the head /supervisor slave there , a young lady called Gwang Soon.

YiEon and gang decided to go investigate and help out . So they all had to go undercover as a family of merchants. (and poor Goo Pal had to dress up as a girl , an act as their sister! LOL) . JoYi was assigned to infiltrate the place as someone looking for work. During their time there , the ultimate villain of this show Park Tae Soo makes an appearance and he has connections with the owner of the Trading Group. Park Tae Soo's father, if I am not mistaken,  is some big shot/ noble person but their family has been stealing stuff and hoarding stuff etc, and actually the royal secret inspector that died in eps 2 was investigating them. Park Tae Soo's goal is to kill and get rid of all these secret inspectors so that they can carry on business as usual.

During their undercover time at the Soyang guild, plenty of things happened - it was funny but then as they started snooping around Yook Chil's leg was caught in a trap. In trying to save him, the 3 of them got caught, and the Soyang owner and Park Tae Soo started asking them for their real identity. Jo Yi quickly thought of what to do and decided to pretend to be his angry wife who had come to look for her lazy husband who supposedly came to party instead of studying for the civil service exam. They asked her to kiss him as proof she was the wife. ahahaha she did ....BUT then it was actually a trap. They said that no way they are husband and wife , as anyone who's married will know that spouses of those times will never show any PDA! 

Let's see how they will escape after this. Yi Eon has actually sent one of the orphans to get back-up  from the local "police" or army  while he was investigating  this. So I guess they will come in time to save the four of them. 

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon Go Overboard With Their Disguises In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 21, 2021 by S. P

tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” has revealed intriguing new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

Spoilers

The previous episode revealed the first meeting of the investigation team members and followed them as they undertook their first assignment, which unfolded in a comedic manner as the squad members donned various disguises in order to infiltrate the villain’s ranks. However, their true identities were soon revealed, and the episode ended on a nail-biting cliffhanger as Park Tae Seo (Lee Jae Kyoon) pointed his sword at Ra Yi Eon’s neck.

With the end of the episode leaving viewers’ hearts pounding with nervousness, this newly released still might make hearts pound in a different way. Alone in a room, Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi stand face-to-face as they make steady eye contact. Kim Jo Yi’s arms hold Ra Yi Eon’s waist, as if they are one second away from an embrace, making viewers wonder if their relationship is about to change.

Kim-Hye-Yoon-Taecyeon.jpeg

In another set of stills, the pair are also seen undercover in their theater disguises, with Ra Yi Eon even donning makeup and a feminine outfit to perfect his getup. Meanwhile, Kim Jo Yi dons a fake beard, holding her head high in a confident and convincing manner. Their squad members look on in disbelief, appearing confused and even unimpressed by the pair’s disguises.

Taecyeon4.jpegKim-Hye-Yoon2.jpegChae-Won-Bin-Nam-Mi-Jung-Min-Jin-Woong-P

The drama’s production team commented, “In episode 5, Ra Yi Eon will begin his true battle to keep from losing what is precious to him. Viewers can expect to feel catharsis at how the investigation squad comically escapes from danger.”

The next episode of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” airs on November 22 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Source

• Haha 1

Looks like a fun set 😍

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon Unexpectedly Gets Teary While Filming Kiss Scene With Kim Hye Yoon In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 22, 2021 by S. Cho

tvN has shared a fun new making-of clip for “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

The video starts with Kim Hye Yoon focused on rehearsing her lines while her co-stars comment on how cute she is. When they film the scene of Kim Hye Yoon hopping up on the back of Taecyeon’s horse, the two immediately burst into laughter, exemplifying the fun and comfortable atmosphere on set.

Taecyeon then films an action scene with Lee Joon Hyuk, and they laugh about practicing with fake wooden swords because it doesn’t feel the same. They try again with real ones, but Taecyeon surprises everyone and makes them laugh by breaking Lee Joon Hyuk’s sword. He jokingly adds, “That’s why I said I wasn’t going to do it!”

Afterwards, Lee Joon Hyuk, who plays the crown prince, speaks about his special appearance. He introduces himself and comments, “I feel proud to have gotten to work with Taecyeon. I think he has a really great personality, so I’m having fun during filming.”

While filming a dramatic scene together, Taecyeon adorably comments like a true idol, “Was that too much like an ending fairy?” He jokingly adds, “I had high expectations, but I’m really disappointed because [Lee Joon Hyuk] didn’t laugh.”

Ahead of their night shoot, Kim Hye Yoon and Taecyeon joke around with the camera. Taecyeon asks, “What kind of dance is Hye Yoon dancing?” as she shyly attempts the choreography to 2PM’s “My House.” Taecyeon continues, “To the person who guesses correctly, we will give you a great prize,” and Kim Hye Yoon asks, “What kind of prize are you going to give? How are you going to give it to them?” Taecyeon nonchalantly responds, “tvN will figure it out.”

The end of the clip features Kim Hye Yoon and Taecyeon filming their kiss scene. When Kim Hye Yoon tries to rehearse, Taecyeon continues to make funny faces at her, causing her to jokingly call out, “Director! Please come try sitting here.” Once they perfect all their angles and film the scene, Kim Hye Yoon notices Taecyeon’s teary eyes and exclaims, “Why are you crying!”

Watch the full video below!

Source

• Haha 2

3 Heart-Fluttering Moments Between 2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 22, 2021 by S. Cho

2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon have been showing incredible chemistry in “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector against his will. Kim Hye Yoon stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

Here are three heart-fluttering moments between the charming and dynamic “Jo Yi Eon” duo!

1. Their chaotic first meeting

Right off the bat, it was evident that Ra Yi Eon, who had unexpectedly become a secret royal inspector, and Kim Jo Yi, a newly divorced woman searching for happiness, were complete opposites. When they first met, Kim Jo Yi was unimpressed with Ra Yi Eon’s self-control in his disguise as “Bang Deuk-ie,” and Ra Yi Eon could not help but be shocked by the experience of being dismissed so casually for the first time in his life.

Kim Jo Yi did not hesitate to call out the mannerless Ra Yi Eon, leaving him at a loss for words. However, Kim Jo Yi was also occasionally caught off guard by Ra Yi Eon’s charms, such as when he recited difficult past tense with ease and refreshingly called out Pat Soon (Nam Mi Jung) for scolding Jo Yi. While he did make a fuss about it, Ra Yi Eon was ultimately always on Jo Yi’s side, even taking care of her final divorce documents, which hinted at the possibility of something more between the pair.

Taecyeon-Kim-Hye-Yoon3.jpeg

2. The birth of the perfect combo, “Jo Yi Eon”

Right before her divorce was finalized, Jo Yi ran into a secret royal inspector, an unwelcome visitor. However, she was even more taken aback when she realized the inspector was none other than “Bang Deuk-ie,” or Ra Yi Eon. He then pulled out the document of the ruling, announcing, “With my authority as a secret royal inspector, I approve this divorce,” thus giving Jo Yi the gift of freedom. The two then locked eyes, making viewers’ hearts flutter in what remains a memorable scene.

The moment marked the start of this dynamic duo, as their first effort at collaborating resulted in a success. After Jo Yi expressed her gratitude to Ra Yi Eon, he kindly replied, “You are the one who personally reclaimed your own life. Through your own courage.” His congratulatory recognition of Jo Yi’s worth and efforts signaled the start of the next chapter of her life.

Taecyeon5.jpeg

3. Transforming into a fake married couple

After completing a mission, Yi Eon and Jo Yi went their separate ways to achieve their own set of goals. But what appeared to be a happy ending was turned upside down when the two reunited at a shrine and fell into a situation where they had to pretend to be married. As Kim Jo Yi had finally just gotten a divorce, the two were hilariously flustered as they became a fake married couple.

Ra Yi Eon and his crew snuck into the shrine to dig up the truth behind a suspected hotbed of corruption, but they were caught by Park Tae Seo (Lee Jae Kyun) and Cha Mal Jong (Jung Soon Won). To rescue them, Jo Yi confidently appeared and proclaimed herself to be Ra Yi Eon’s wife. However, they were only able to keep up the act for so long, as Cha Mal Jong told them to kiss if they were a real couple, or to curse the King. Jo Yi made the quick decision to kiss, shocking Yi Eon with her straightforward behavior. Stay tuned to see how their rollercoaster relationship evolves!

Taecyeon-Kim-Hye-Yoon-11.jpeg

The next episode of tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” will air on November 22 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
53 minutes ago, ssteph said:

I finally tried episode 1 & 2. Think I can still tolerate the comedy part :laugh:

Yay!!! I am not alone. If compared to Vincenzo and The Fiery Priest, I find the comedy here quite toned down. 

Though @Chocolate is still so nice to accompany me here and update the thread. @SilverMoonTeasays she will watch....ahhaahahah....

Ooo didn't realise they will be the 2nd couple

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay!!! I am not alone. If compared to Vincenzo and The Fiery Priest, I find the comedy here quite toned down. 

Though @Chocolate is still so nice to accompany me here and update the thread. @SilverMoonTeasays she will watch....ahhaahahah....

Ooo didn't realise they will be the 2nd couple

Haha yes I will join soon, but I still have some backlog to clear. The height difference is cute 😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2PM’s Taecyeon Rides To Kim Hye Yoon’s Awkward Rescue In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 22, 2021 by C. Hong

Kim Hye Yoon is thrown into danger in the latest stills from tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector against his will. Kim Hye Yoon co-stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorce woman searching for happiness who joins forces with him as he travels undercover to local provinces to uncover corruption.

In the previous episode, the secret royal inspector and his team went undercover to investigate a hotbed of local corruption. They searched the secret ledgers for evidence of the corruption, but a momentary mistake led to the discovery of their real identities. To cover it up, Kim Jo Yi pretended to be a couple with Ra Yi Eon, but Park Tae Seo (Lee Jae Kyoon) wasn’t fooled.

In the new stills, Kim Jo Yi, Bi Ryung (Chae Won Bin), and Kwang Soon (Lee Sang Hee) are being chased by Cha Mal Jong (Jung Sun Won) and his subordinates. Cha Mal Jong had shown a clumsy side earlier when he had fallen head over heels for Goo Pal (Park Gang Sub), who was dressed as a woman, but also showed a sharp and villainous side to Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi.

Ra Yi Eon rides to the girls’ rescue like a knight in shining armor, but the rescue is more awkward than he expects. He somehow falls into the water and appears before the crowd dripping wet. Despite the awkward entrance and Kim Jo Yi’s horror, he lounges with a casual expression and pose as if to say that this was all part of his plan.

taecyeon-secret-royal-inspector-joy.jpegchae-won-bin-lee-sang-hee-kim-hye-yoon-sjung-soon-won-secret-royal-inspector-joykim-hye-yoon-taecyeon-secret-royal-inspe

Source

• Like 4

I finished up to ep 3 guys. So far it's quite fun, eventhough I wonder if it can stay so for 16 episodes. I hope there will be more character progress and more depth romance development. As so far they're your normal bickering couple that we always seen on most romcom drama.

However I think this is also the charm of this drama itself, that it didn't take the whole thing too seriously. Since I already watched more serious sageuk in Red Sleeve, I guess this is giving a good balance for something to laugh from the each episodes. 

The theme of this drama actually not really new, as previously Secret Royal Inspector played by L and Kwon Nara is a bit similar. The main difference will be the divorcee FL here, and she's so talkative, but you can't hate her as expected from the actress KHH 😅😂

And I can see why @abs-oluteMengrossed with this drama, her oppa on off will grace the screen 🤓 Btw Taecyeon is also quite cute, he looks good on sageuk costume ! 

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Kim Hye Yoon And 2PM’s Taecyeon Reach A Romantic Turning Point In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 23, 2021 by U. Kim

2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon’s romance is about to pick up in the upcoming episode of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector against his will. Kim Hye Yoon co-stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorce woman searching for happiness who joins forces with him as he travels undercover to local provinces to uncover corruption.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, the investigation team reunited after a short time apart. Ra Yi Eon triumphed in his duel with Park Tae Seo (Lee Jae Kyoon), and before heading to Gapbigocha, Kim Jo Yi found out that the object left behind by the late Bo Ri (Chae Won Bin) had been an account book.

However, they needed more evidence in order to punish the corrupt officials in the account book, so Ra Yi Eon and his squad came up with a plan to disguise themselves as traveling entertainers and attack the headquarters of Soyang Merchants.

In new stills, Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi are exchanging sweet eye contact that is unexpected based on their usual cat and mouse chemistry. They are also seen sharing a room at night, with Kim Jo Yi looking down at a sleeping Ra Yi Eon with sparkling eyes. Another image shows them eating together on top of a rock in a field of flowers. Curiosity mounts over their developing romance amidst the chaotic investigations.

taecyeon-kim-hye-yoon5.jpegkim-hye-yoon-taecyeon1.jpegtaecyeon-kim-hye-yoon-2.jpeg

The drama’s production team shared, “Yi Eon and Jo Yi grow one step closer while overcoming a crisis. The heart-fluttering chemistry will blow up along with the intensifying investigation.”

Episode 6 of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” will portray the investigation squad’s new plan and a stronger counterattack from the villains who have already lost once. The episode is set to air on November 23 at 10:30 p.m. SKT.

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2