Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi | 어사조이뎐 [2021]

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

2PM’s Taecyeon Lives Life To The Max While Kim Hye Yoon Struggles With Her Marriage In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Oct 29, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN’s new drama “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” released new stills of 2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon co-stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness, who winds up joining forces with Ra Yi Eon to uncover corruption.

The newly released stills share a glimpse of Ra Yi Eon’s and Kim Jo Yi’s completely different lives. First off, Ra Yi Eon is 99 percent satisfied with his life. After work, he stops by the market and searches for ingredients for dinner. His face is lit up with a bright smile, and he looks happy and relaxed. One photo makes viewers laugh with his silly pose as he adds seasoning to the skillfully minced meat. Another photo showcases his passionate side, piquing curiosity about his life before he became a secret royal inspector. How will his new job bring meaning to his lazy life that is lacking one percent?

2pm-taecyeon-11.jpg

Spoiler

2pm-taecyeon-21.jpg

2pm-taecyeon2.jpg

On the other hand, Kim Jo Yi is very unhappy with her life. She is in an unwanted marriage, and her mundane life is nothing but lackadaisical. In the photos, she’s spotting doing various chores like laundry. Although she does best with her given life, one day, she decides not to put up with it anymore. In order to regain her lost freedom, she will go through all sorts of obstacles. One still shares a glimpse of her standing bravely in the middle of a government office as she expresses her intention to live her own life. It will be intriguing to witness her divorce process and the way she will gain wings after she meets Ra Yi Eon.

kim-hye-yoon-31.jpg

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon-23.jpgkim-hye-yoon-12.jpg

The drama’s producers commented that Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi, who have dissimilar lives, are like different species to each other. They added, “The process of the two characters, who are on quarreling terms, as they gradually permeate each other will bring joyous laughter and special excitement.”

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

@Chocolate thanks, lols.

I always wonder what happened to her account? I definitely saw it follows some of accounts before, but since she is raising into stardom her account changed into no following. And I think I see it happens to some other kcelebs as well. Is there any restriction that limits these actors from managing their own account when they have become a real star? Just curious. 

• Like 2

@Alice Wonderland I'm not sure but it may be for privacy. Fans dissect the posts and followings in so much detail it is scary. It's like she says, if she follows Taecyeon only, people will likely say they are in love 😂 a whole lot of trouble will arise. Probably she has another private account somewhere.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon, Kim Hye Yoon, And More Share Their Thoughts About The First Filming Of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Oct 30, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the first filming for their upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

The historical comedy drama stars 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

In an interview during the first filming, Taecyeon shared, “We came all the way from Seoul to Mungyeong for our first filming. The air is really fresh, and since it’s my first time working with these actors, I was nervous and excited, but after [filming], I feel really happy. I look forward to many more days of filming in the future.”

Kim Hye Yoon commented that this will be a new, refreshing start for her, saying, “It’s my first time acting in a historical drama. I’m both eager and anxious about the future, but I’m also excited.”

2pm-taecyeon3.jpg

kim-hye-yoon4.jpg

Spoiler

Min Jin Woong, who plays Ra Yi Eon’s faithful servant Yook Chil, said, “As you saw in the making-of video, we started on a bright and nice day. It’s a bit hot, but I think we prepared well in case it gets hotter later on.”

Then the clip shows a hilarious moment with Min Jin Woong and Park Gang Sub, who plays Ra Yi Eon’s other servant Goo Pal. Park Gang Sub waves at the making-of camera and announces he’s going home first. He jokes, “Yook Chil, have a good night,” hinting that his co-star has to remain behind to film some more. A staff member tells Min Jin Woong that Park Gang Sub is going home, and Min Jin Woong doesn’t miss a beat as he says, “He decided to wait for me.”

In the interview, Park Gang Sub remarked, “It’s my first time in a historical drama. I came really far, and it’s been a while since I filmed. It’s really hot, but we’ll be filming for about six months, so I’d better get used to it. The hyungs take good care of me, so the atmosphere is great.”

secret-royal-inspector-and-joy-1.jpg

The clip also shows Kim Hye Yoon’s great chemistry with Chae Won Bin, who stars as Kim Jo Yi’s close friend Bo Ri. The two actresses playfully quarrel and joke on the set, and it looks like they’ve become best friends already.

During the interview, Chae Won Bin shared, “I really wanted to be part of a historical drama, and I have a huge desire to do well. I was worried that I’d be a nuisance, but my worries are gone because the staff, director, and fellow actors cheered for me and supported me.” She added they gave her strength to finish filming with a happy heart.

secret-royal-inspector-and-joy-11.jpg

Watch the full making-of video below!

Source

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon Show Off Their Adorable Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 1, 2021 by E. Cha

tvN has shared a fun glimpse behind the scenes of its upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

In new behind-the-scenes photos from the drama’s poster and teaser shoots, the starring cast shows off their stellar chemistry and the cheerful atmosphere during filming. Just like her outspoken and vivacious character, Kim Hye Yoon is a ray of sunshine on set, while Taecyeon has completely left his chilling “Vincenzo” character behind to make a hilarious comedic transformation.

Min Jin Woong and Park Gang Sub also make a perfect comic duo as Ra Yi Eon’s trusty servants Yook Chil and Goo Pal, who bicker constantly but display perfect teamwork in times of crisis.

Taecyeon-Kim-Hye-Yoon.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Hye-Yoon.jpegTaecyeon2.jpegKim-Hye-Yoon-Taecyeon.jpegKim-Hye-Yoon-2.jpegTaecyeon-22.jpegSecret-Royal-Inspector-Joy.jpegSecret-Royal-Inspector-Joy-2.jpeg

Once the cameras stop rolling, the actors get playful: Chae Won Bin (who plays Jo Yi’s best friend Bo Ri) strikes a dramatic pose with her fan, while Lee Sang Hee brightens up the set with a radiant smile.

Secret-Royal-Inspector-Joy-3.jpegLee-Sang-Hee.jpeg

The producers of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” remarked, “The chemistry between the actors is truly the best. The refreshing and comic investigation show led by the investigation squad will epitomize the essence of the historical comedy genre.”

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

• Like 2

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon Goes Undercover While Kim Hye Yoon Demands A Divorce In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” Teaser

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon Goes Undercover While Kim Hye Yoon Demands A Divorce In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” Teaser

Nov 1, 2021 by C. Hong

tvN has shared the first episode teaser for their upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them for corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to battle corruption.

In the first episode teaser, Ra Yi Eon appears as a lazy government official who has a clumsy side despite his clever brains and good looks. One night, he is horrified when he receives the appointment to become a secret royal inspector. Not only is he not interested in the work or the honor of the position, but it is rumored that the secret royal inspectors have a tendency to get murdered. To keep himself safe, Ra Yi Eon and his servants go undercover in the provinces.

Meanwhile, Kim Jo Yi, who is tired of working for her deadbeat husband, demands a divorce, asking to be allowed to live as herself instead of someone’s wife and daughter-in-law. She makes a spectacle of herself in the public square, as women in the Joseon Dynasty were not allowed to divorce on their own terms, but catches the eye of Ra Yi Eon. She is not impressed by his insistence that he and his servants are not actually poor and sends them away with a flick, but he can’t stop thinking about her.

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1134657063944071

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source

Episode 1 Preview

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon Reveal Reasons To Watch “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Nov 7, 2021 by S. P

2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon shared plenty of reasons to tune in to tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

The upcoming historical comedy drama stars Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector against his will. Kim Hye Yoon co-stars as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who ends up joining forces with him as he travels undercover to local provinces to uncover corruption.

Taecyeon, who is taking on his first role in a historical comedy drama, shared his conviction that the drama would be filled with plenty of charming aspects. “Along with characters who are full of personality and an overall sense of warmth, you will also be able to get a taste of a variety of genres, such as romance and detective work,” he shared. “Above all else, there’s a comedic synergy between the investigation team members, and I hope you will pay close attention to that and the way that Ra Yi Eon grows through working with them.”

Taecyeon concluded with a heartwarming message to drama fans as he said, “We filmed while traveling to every part of the country. I’ll do my best to make sure that you get a smile on your face while watching the intriguing storyline develop amidst beautiful scenery. I hope this drama will be like a gift for everyone whose hearts and bodies are weary during this difficult time.”

Taecyeon1.jpeg

Kim Hye Yoon selected “chemistry” as the main keyword of the drama. “I met everyone on the investigation team for the first time through this drama. While acting together we relied on each other, and because of that I was able to learn a lot from them,” she revealed. “I think that for a drama, chemistry between the producers as well as the cast members is important. The synergy on set was amazing.”

She raised anticipation for the characters’ first meeting, saying, “The first meeting between Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi is chaotic. In addition to it being interesting to watch, it will also be touching. I hope that ‘Secret Royal Inspector & Joy’ can bring hope and laughter to everyone who tunes in, and I ask for lots of love and support.”

Kim-Hye-Yoon1.jpegTaecyeon-Kim-Hye-Yoon1.jpeg

Source

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1