@abs-oluteM

true, she can easily disarm him. he really is whipped. hahaha

calligrapher deleted and re-uploaded the Vlog on set

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Haha 4

Lee Jun-Ho is the Historical Bath God

The-Red-Sleeve-1.jpeg?w=540&ssl=1

Actor Lee Jun-Ho heated up the small screen with an unconventional abs-exposed bath scene in MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”

In the sixth episode of “The Red Sleeve”, Yi San (Lee Jun-Ho) was preparing for a rose-petals-filled bath.

Lee Jun-Ho is known to have been on a diet for a long time for the three-minute bath scene. “I’ve been on a diet for a long time because I have to film a bath scene in the drama. It was so hard,” he shared on an entertainment show.

After the sixth episode was aired, behind-the-scenes footage of the bath scene was released. In the behind-the-scenes video, Lee Jun-Ho was doing dumbbell exercises just before filming the scene and doing push-ups.

Due to the scene, Lee Jun-Ho gained a new nickname of the ‘Historical Bath God’ and became the ‘best minute’ in the sixth episode. The clip from the episode gained 200,00 views in just one day with more than 1,000 comments.

Among the comments left were, “Here’s the washboard Deok-Im was looking for”, “I knew the bath scene would be a hit”, “the hottest bath scene in the history of Korean historical dramas.”

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” breaks their own highest ratings in each episode and tops the Friday-Saturday drama

LINK: https://hallyula.com/2021/11/lee-jun-ho-is-the-historical-bath-god

Another gifs of our Historical bath God is in order:
LightAgitatedFawn-size_restricted.gif

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 4
3 minutes ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

Anybody has an idea if Yi San and Deok Im will have a happy ending together???

History is the spoiler and if  they follow it closely...prepare your heart. 

Spoiler

She will finally become his Royal Concubine after many years of him courting her. If the drama ends at this point , I guess it is a happy ending.

But if the drama continues to show what happens after that , it will be very sad . She gives birth to two children but sadly they didn't survive her. Then in her 3rd childbirth she died of liver cancer. Her baby also didn't survive. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

History is the spoiler and if  they follow it closely...prepare your heart. 

Hide contents

She will finally become his Royal Concubine after many years of him courting her. If the drama ends at this point , I guess it is a happy ending.

But if the drama continues to show what happens after that , it will be very sad . She gives birth to two children but sadly they didn't survive her. Then in her 3rd childbirth she died of liver cancer. Her baby also didn't survive. 

Either way options are all good for me... at least they were able to be together and have kids...im avoiding another Jang Ok Jung Living by Love drama ending.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Hyacinth0910

also.... remember the catchphrase/quote for this drama in their posters and teasers are:

"a mournful imperial court romance,

between the king and the court lady"

like not sad, but mournful

Spoiler

and

The novel didn't have a happy ending, cause it ends with her death, same with what history has stated, someone who read the novel told me that...

Actually I have been quite surprised at all the comedy that the drama has given us so far. 

I feel like we are Hansel and Gretel, and MBC is the witch who lured everyone to candy and all things nice of TRS...MBC feeds us so much candy, only to be slaughtered at the end...

but for me, I am prepared like what  @abs-oluteMmentioned.

We need to be like Hansel and Gretel, we get out alive and somehow intact after all this...

20 minutes ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

Either way options are all good for me... at least they were able to be together and have kids...im avoiding another Jang Ok Jung Living by Love drama ending.

Well the one good thing about this drama and difference from Jang Ok Jung, is that Consort IU aka DeokIm was very much loved by King Jeongjo all his life and until his death. I feel like if he was able (law permits), I do think he would have build a tower of love like Taj Mahal, just for DeokIm. 

PS: As the story continues, I do hope that there would be No wacky mid-way writing weirdness debackle. Please drama, please. I am Putting all my faith in PD Jung...!!!)

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@czakhareina I don't know if I'm correct but NPIO Entertainment used to be JYP Actors. You can search about NPIO Entertainment. Actually the reason how I found out about it because I was searching for 2PM's Wild Beat pictures. Junho didn't move to that company (so I think he chose JYPE to manage his acting career instead).

Some articles for today:

• Heart Eyes 3

Additional Stills for Episode 7

I wonder when above scene comes, Before or after the garden date below?

also saw review below on what could be going on with DI rejection to San

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmYkJEj3Vo&t=10s

54 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

And @czakhareina they way he was nervous to hear DI reveals her secret is priceless. Lols. He finally can rest assured that he is the owner of her heart. :duckhearts:

He was. 

the way he was eavesdropping on that, feels like he is such a town-gossip than Crown prince.

But I love that his trusted yet sometimes slow aide was with him, at least he can be sure to confirm that what he heard really did happen and not just a figment of his imagination

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3

2PM’s Lee Junho Worries About Lee Se Young While On A Secret Date In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 3, 2021 | by E. Cha

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has shared a sneak peek of 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young on a secret date!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San managed to be freed with Seong Deok Im’s help—and in the process of watching her go to all sorts of lengths for him, he became completely smitten. The episode ended with Yi San and Seong Deok Im accidentally getting closer during his bath time, heightening the romantic tension between them.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Yi San and Seong Deok Im secretly meet alone at a quiet place on the palace grounds. As the two spend a furtive moment together, Yi San seems to worry about Seong Deok Im’s health, tenderly holding her with one arm as he brings a hand to her forehead to check her temperature.

While their prescribed roles dictate that the court lady should be the one caring for the crown prince, Yi San adorably winds up being the one fretting over Seong Deok Im’s well-being.

The producers of “The Red Sleeve” teased, “In Episode 7, San will be transparent and forward in his pursuit of Deok Im. San’s deepening feelings for Deok Im will explosively make viewers’ hearts flutter, so please show a lot of anticipation and interest.”

Lee-Junho-Lee-Se-Young.jpegLee-Se-Young.jpegLee-Se-Young-2.jpegLee-Junho.jpeg

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1501889wpp/2pms-lee-junho-worries-about-lee-se-young-while-on-a-secret-date-in-the-red-sleeve

Stills of the most handsome man in Hanseong:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Some additional articles:

I am so happy about this article...

this one is spot on regarding spoiler, History really is the greatest spoiler...

though really I never expected so much fun in the drama so far. I really thought we were in for a melodrama at the start

also the clip of Junho abs are being shared not only in Junho's IG but also in 2pm's IG and in MBC's IG...

because they know people are still not through appreciating that scene and his abs/chest

@suhodorable

do you think today is the day we will have the proposal? and then the rejection?

I feel like today, I need to ready my heart and mind and soul...

and where we left off last week also my eyes, my ears (cause of their breathing) and my sanity......

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

“The Red Sleeve” Shares Glimpse Of A Private Conversation Between Lee Se Young And Park Ji Young

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 3, 2021 | by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has previewed a tense moment in the upcoming episode!

The historical drama is about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by 2PM’s Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER

Spoiler

Chief Court Lady (Park Ji Young) has always favored Seong Deok Im for her brains and beauty. Previously, she expressed her intention to make Seong Deok Im into a concubine. However, Seong Deok Im became deeply intertwined with Yi San’s private organization. Now that Seong Deok Im has learned that Chief Court Lady is actually on Princess Hwawan’s (Seo Hyo Rim‘s) side, there will be major changes between the two court ladies.

Newly released stills capture a suffocating moment between Chief Court Lady and Seong Deok Im. The two are alone in Chief Court Lady’s room. She’s staring at Seong Deok Im with unwavering eyes and a firm expression. On the other hand, Seong Deok Im’s eyes are filled with tension and fear. Viewers are eager to find out about their secret conversation and if it has anything to do with Yi San.

the-red-sleeve-11.jpg

the-red-sleeve-2.jpg

the-red-sleeve-3.jpg

The drama’s producers hinted that with suspicions that King Yeonjo (Lee Deok Hwa) has dementia, there will be an icy political battle about who will be the next to sit on the throne. The Chief Court Lady will manipulate the players of the conflict to achieve her greedy desires, which will cause more exciting developments will unfold.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1501920wpp/the-red-sleeve-shares-glimpse-of-a-private-conversation-between-lee-se-young-and-park-ji-young

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Recaps for Eps 7 (Part 1)

(this feels so S&M :laugh:)

795d3241-fbcd-4dbf-89a9-f92c0c2e6e18.jpg

2dfb9300-887a-48f9-aa83-7bde3ee3d87b.jpg

On that day, Seong Deok-im filled Lee-san’s bath with water, and when she saw his naked body through the gap in his clothes, she was embarrassed and fell into the water together. Even though he was surprised, Lee San took care of her by saying, "The water is hot, and thankfully you didn't get hurt."

In the midst of this, Court Lady Seo(Jang Hye-jin)'s voice was heard. As Kwon Sang-gung was not feeling well due to dizziness, she said that she would enter instead to attend to the bath. Surprised by this, Seong Deok-im hurriedly looked for Na In-bok somewhere. Seong Deok-im said, "If I go out like this, people will be misunderstood. I need to change clothes quickly."

At this, Lee San was surprised for a moment, saying, "Change your clothes here?" and then said, "We  can't help it. I have no choice but to allow it as it is the situation." Lee San hit the screen by accident  and saw Deok-im's shoulder as she changed clothes. (Oh he was feeling something for sure!)

After that, Deok-im and Lee San could not control their trembling hearts. Deok-im barely got out of the bath and felt her heart pounding as she remembered Lee San’s bare body and face, and Lee San could not easily concentrate. Even while studying, he remembered what happened with Sung Duk Im again.

Meanwhile, Lee San found Deok-im and her friends on an outing in a detached palace. The friends of Deok-im talked about whether military officers or civil servants are better. (as marriage prospects)

At this time, Seong Deok-im confessed them, "The person I long for is neither a civil servant nor a military officer. This is a really, really secret, but I'm only telling you all The person I long for is
the Crown Prince

Lee San overheard this and couldn't hide his leaking laughter. Unable to control his joy, Lee San ran out alone and laughed, saying, "It's good."

'Sleeves' Lee Jun-ho, "I yearn for the loss of three generations" Lee Se-young's words, laughing out loud

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Recaps for Eps 7 (Part 2)

This part really touched me. He is sharing with her something he can never tell anyone else.

Deok-im, who went to Queen's residence, will return to Donggungjeon (Eastern Palace)  on the same day. The Queen (Jang Hee-jin) said, “How about staying in the Junggungjeon ( her palace) ? At first I thought I'd use you, but now I won't do that . The Queen like her and wants her to be her person. Queen said, “There are many enemies in Donggung.Lee San has many enemies. But here no matter how powerless it seems, no one can touch my person.” 

Seong-deok-im apologises to the Queen , and returns to the Donggung Palace. Then Lee San summons Seong-deok-im to the backyard. Lee San shows a house, saying, “My father wrote down the name because I was begging.” Lee San said, “I don’t know how others will remember him, but he was a kind person at one time. I wanted to tell you about your father. Flowers have bloomed here. This is the first time since my father passed away. I wanted to show you,” he said.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Recaps for Eps 7 (Part 3)

Lee San (Lee Jun-ho), who met Seong Deok-im (Lee Se-young). She that she had taken  the day off before.  Then he asked if he was sick, and Seong-deok-im immediately pretended to cough. :laugh: DeokIm, said she was not well , Lee San put his hand on his forehead and tested temperature.

Lee San said, “ You  have no fever,” and Deok-im, who was then left alone, stroked her forehead that Lee San had touched and was immersed in thought. ( She must be feeling so flustered)

--------------------

At this time, Deok-im, who was called by Court Lady Jo  (Park Ji-young), was asked what she thought of Lee San.

Deok-im replied, “He is difficult to serve, but I think he will be a good king.” Jo said, “How about your view of him as  a man? I'm curious about your heart," and Seong Deok-im refused to answer, "No one cares about a court lady's heart."

Jo said, “That is the opinion of those who are not court ladies. They do not know that court ladies have a heart, a will, and a goal to achieve even if they risk their lives.” When asked about her goal, she (Jo)  said, “To protect the 700 court ladies I am leading. I am always worried and worried. I fear that the power I have is too weak and humble to protect them. I want to raise you as the concubine of Lee San. Not for you, but for our court ladies, how reassuring would it be if one of us became a concubine and stepped forward for us. I remember the first time I saw you. From then on, I liked you.”

Deok-im found out that Jo had deliberately sent her to the Donggung library and made her learn the book that Lee San had learned with the pretext of writing.  Deok-im fell on her face in front of the Jo and said, “Madam, this humble has no intention of becoming a concubine. From now on, I want to live as a court lady like I do now.”

Jo said, "Since your heart is like that, I  won't force it. However, people's minds are bound to change." Seeing Deok Im, she said, "It's too much for a court lady to have. However, if you were a concubine, it would fit perfectly.”

Deok-im said to herself , “If something is going to happen,I need to  let it go before it happens. Cut them out before they grow. Before my insignificant life is shaken up,” she vowed.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Recaps for Eps 7 (Part 4)

While Deok-im's heart was complicated, Lee San developed more feelings for Deok-im.

Lee San handed the tangerines grown in the greenhouse to Seong Deok-im. He told Seongdeok-im to stop studying and do what he likes for a while, saying, “I am doing what I love. "At the place I like, with the person I like," he said. Seong Deok-im thought, 'This person in front of my eyes here likes me ,' and rejected the tangerines and pushed away Lee San's gesture . Seong Deok-im refused Lee San’s heart, even when he was  saying, “Receive and rejoice.” She asked, “Isn’t it that a court lady doesn’t  have the freedom to refuse? Please allow her to refuse"

Lee San-eun realised quickly  that Deok-im wasn't just talking about tangerines, and then said, "Is it right for us to talk about tangerines now?"

After that, Lee San checked  with  from Kang Tae-ho (his guard) , who had previously heard the confession of Deok Im , if he had been mistaken about her feelings. Kang Tae-ho said that after Lee San left, Seong Deok-im revealed that being a 'wife' was not simply a feeling of a man and a woman, but is that of  loyalty of the master and the servant. Lee San was tormented by the pain of a broken heart.

Nevertheless, Lee San did not hold it against her . Lee San hastily left the palace and said, 'It doesn't matter if I don't exist in your heart yet. You're a court lady, and you'll always be in this place anyway." 

-----------------------

Hong Jeong-yeo (Cho Hee-bong) suspected the dementia of King Yeong-jo. After meeting Yeongjo on the pretext of reading a book, he was convinced that the King had dementia.

Yeongjo and Lee san chatted while fishing. Yeongjo said, “Grandfather is very old. Now it's not like it used to be. I made a pact with someone in the past, but before I die, I have to tell you. You need someone with whom you can confide in your heart. Hong Deok-ro is the person who will onlly be your servant. Subordinates can fight against the king for the sake of their convictions and factions. So, it must be a woman, not a servant. A woman who will always be by your side.. At least one person should be truly cared for and loved. Otherwise, you won't be able to  stand it. Find a good woman. Meet a good person,” he said.

Lee San looked at Yeongjo and said, 'I am different from you. I will definitely protect the one who is dear to me,' 

-----------------------

However, as soon as Lee San saw Seong-deok-im receiving a gift from her brother Seong Sik  whom she seemed affectionate with  , he misunderstood and became jealous .

That night, Lee-san met Deok-im, at Donggung Library. Lee San answered, "I'm thinking of you," to Deok-im, who asked, "What are you thinking?"

Next, Lee San approached Seong Deok-im and asked, "I thought I knew you. But it was the first time I thought of that. Maybe I don't know anything about you. Deok-im  tried to reassure him that he does  but Lee San asked again, "Then, is everything about you mine? Your thoughts, your will, and your heart , are they all mine."

Then Seong Deok-im denied it, saying, "No. The court lady also has her own will and heart. Although she is a low-ranking person." Lee San said, “That's not even funny.”

He moved closer to Deok-im and touched her face. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Preview

I love this witty comment from Knetz about the preview:

It's true love that San knelt down to save his Deok Im.
He was even rejected on a tangerine and a blue towel  today.
"Even though I've been dumped countless times... For Deok Im ㅠㅠ I'm going to die..." 

This is really love

FFsakIsVkAE1P60?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3