The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

22 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

ased on what's happening in court, when San is being called to be the Regent. the year for the drama is 1775. that would make San 23 (International age). then he ascends the throne by 1776...

Oh that would be pretty soon. I remember that LSY mentioned that she would experience many things in this show including child birth . So we could expect San to ascend the throne by eps 8 perhaps? But oh I will miss the grandfather. I really like the complicated relationship they have  - the actor and Jun Ho also have chemistry. 

Since we were talking about the Queen asking Deok Im to stay on for a few days on twitter , I thought it a good idea for Deok Im to do that. Since Deok Im is San's person ( I love how he keeps saying that), and represents him, it will show that San is  sincere in supporting the Queen as much as she is supporting him. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I wish this was a Netflix one where they can do those Swoon videos and we can have the leads watch the bath scene together. :Ghastlel:

I feel you, it would have been awesome to get swoon clips of the Junho and Seyoung... cause viki's clips are below swoon standard.

I need something longer than above

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh that would be pretty soon. I remember that LSY mentioned that she would experience many things in this show including child birth . So we could expect San to ascend the throne by eps 8 perhaps? But oh I will miss the grandfather. I really like the complicated relationship they have  - the actor and Jun Ho also have chemistry. 

You can just feel how fast thing are happening in this drama, and there is still a lot of material for the drama to get through.

so if next week we have a date in the garden with the heavy stuff starting with the conflict of regency, DeokIm  being pushed as Concubine... then probably the first rejection of deokim to the concubine status, king Yeongjo's death...

then, we still have not even revealed their childhood connection, and Deokro will have to be factored in his schemes as well as all the other villains schemes

this drama really feels like a 50 episode drama squeezed into 16 episodes.

and like you, I will also miss King yeongjo scenes, his relationship with san is so complex but I like he portrayal in this drama of how Yeoongjo seems to be rooting for him to succeed.

Lee Deokhwa-nim was so good. I really wish they would reach 15% so that LDH can go fishing while Junho dances...? or I was just confused at their ratings promise... kekeke

Spoiler

FFR-pQLUYAUfT8Z?format=jpg&name=largeFFR-q9vVcBE0ywO?format=jpg&name=large

Since we were talking about the Queen asking Deok Im to stay on for a few days on twitter , I thought it a good idea for Deok Im to do that. Since Deok Im is San's person ( I love how he keeps saying that), and represents him, it will show that San is  sincere in supporting the Queen as much as she is supporting him. 

true. it is also strategic for Deokim, cause being being seen in the presence of the Queen, she can have a reputation of being the queens fave court lady, so Priincess Hwahwan can't justt bully her whenever she wants....

I do have a question, did you guys notice during the the silk ceremony, which is mostly attended by royals

there was a girl beside San's mom.... I feel like she could be San's crown princess?

Spoiler

FFSIdgEVIAY8g_W?format=jpg&name=large

FFSIepAVUAAFd3O?format=jpg&name=largeFFSIeF2VUAkVpit?format=jpg&name=large

or am I just overthinking this...!?! and she is just one of the royals...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Insightful 3
19 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

there was a girl beside San's mom.... I feel like she could be San's crown princess?

Oh you're sharp. I didn't notice at all, though she could be a random royalty . But I wish they would address this. If the PD / writer wants to be true to history, they will need to. She will be queen when he ascends. I find it strange they have not brought this up. 

Check out MBC's news article on the bath scene - all nicely gif-ed 

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/331771

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2PM's Lee Junho helps break the stereotype that idols can't act

Posted by Rindi1225 | November 27, 2021 | Source  theqoo.net

1638040946-ffklcuhucaiut8e.jfif

Recently, 2PM's Lee Junho became a hot discussion among Korean netizens in the theqoo community because of his outstanding acting skills in MBC's historical drama 'The Red Sleeve,' which aired on November 26th.

The post, which trended more than 53.000 views and garnered over 550 replies, showed positive reactions to Junho's acting skill.

'The Red Sleeve,' which premiered on November 12th, starred Junho alongside actress Lee Se Young. The drama depicts a love story between Yi San (later King Jeongjo of Joseon) and a brave court lady, Seong Deok-Im.

'The Red Sleeve' ranked first in the Friday-Saturday drama slot. The fifth episode of the drama has achieved an 8.8% rating nationwide. In Seoul, the rate reached 8.1%.

Junho has captured fans' attention with his acting in various dramas such as JTBC's Just Loving Each Other, tvN's Confession, and KBS2's Manager Kim.

Some of the comments included: "Junho's acting is crazy today."

"I can't even breathe ㅠㅠ The Red Sleeve is so much fun this year ㅠㅠ

"It was so much fun. I cried at the end."

"Thank you for breaking the statement that idols are not good at acting."

"I don't like watching dramas, so I only know Junho from 2PM. Since when did he act so well? So cool."

LINK: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/11/2pms-lee-junho-helps-break-the-stereotype-that-idols-cant-act

OTHER ARTCILES:

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh you're sharp. I didn't notice at all, though she could be a random royalty . But I wish they would address this. If the PD / writer wants to be true to history, they will need to. She will be queen when he ascends. I find it strange they have not brought this up. 

True I really wanna know how the drama will go about it. Part of the international audience who dont know the history would probably think that San here is without any women in his life. 

and it is interesting that 6 episodes in, it seems like no one seems to care about this fact.

Though I guess it does help that the novel itself doesnt also dwell much on San's Crown Princess. Cause someone who read the novel once stated when I asked about this that San did harem but he didnt care much for anyone of them. so he does not visit them...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I probably won't count on MBC awards very much... Been disappointed with some of their year end awards of not acknowledging some stars/couples from dramas. And this drama will barely just finish its run, if no cancellation week at all, so I'm not sure it will be included. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though... 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

this is interesting, I know this is preliminary and just a fraction of the sample, but I am happy with this ratings,

In a way this would help get more viewers...

Also interesting that for most people that probably have not watch this drama I saw similar comment/reasons of:

• Not a saguek fan - mainly because of the endings (?) 
  • Not a melodrama fan - cause it does have tags in some sites are about lonely CP, Orphaned FL, Mournful Love story, etc.   and this scared a lot of people

I do wonder when the melo-saguek will start, cause so far it has been such a good balance of light and youthful saguek romance with some serious and dark injections of scenes.

or is this drama lulling us into such sweet trap this past few episodes, much like the saying "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". before boom, all the mournful things to happen

another version of episode 4 Behind the scenes English subs

the comments here is funny and relatable:

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I probably won't count on MBC awards very much... Been disappointed with some of their year end awards of not acknowledging some stars/couples from dramas. And this drama will barely just finish its run, if no cancellation week at all, so I'm not sure it will be included. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though... 

Honestly I was so worried when this was said to be on MBC....their track record of ratings haven't been good in recent times . But more than numbers, there aren't many dramas of MBC that were truly memorable for me of late. The Veil and now this really saved MBC from their ratings slump. 

This scene I love too...

https://twitter.com/fi1m_ree1/status/1464934537088016387?s=20

img.gif

15 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

Not a saguek fan - mainly because of the endings (?) 

I cannot claim to be a big sageuk fan . But I do watch if a favourite actor or actress of mine is in it.  This year I think I watched all the historical shows! LOL. Bossam was the best. Now, I think this show if it continues with this quality, will rank #1 for me. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

:wow2: It does give off such different tension when you listened with earphones :laugh: You can hear the water dripping and their huffing from the shock of falling into the water, um, I mean falling in love... whatever... they were breathing heavily. What's missing is the dugun-dugun sound, but less is more... haha... 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly I was so worried when this was said to be on MBC....their track record of ratings haven't been good in recent times . But more than numbers, there aren't many dramas of MBC that were truly memorable for me of late. The Veil and now this really saved MBC from their ratings slump. 

I do think the change in platform of use (Streaming/netflix) is the biggest contributor of such rating slump. 

but among those broadcasting channels, it has been MBC. who really has been hit. So I will not be surprised if they dont have award shows. it sad but that is the reality.

they are just so adorable 

makes me wonder how it will be if they were in a modern drama.

I cannot claim to be a big sageuk fan . But I do watch if a favourite actor or actress of mine is in it.  This year I think I watched all the historical shows! LOL. Bossam was the best. Now, I think this show if it continues with this quality, will rank #1 for me. 

I agree, Bossam has been the best and this is turning out to be on top if this continues.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:wow2: It does give off such different tension when you listened with earphones :laugh: You can hear the water dripping and their huffing from the shock of falling into the water, um, I mean falling in love... whatever... they were breathing heavily. What's missing is the dugun-dugun sound, but less is more... haha... 

the breathing sounds... When I first saw that post I went and made sure I had earphones, 

and it really adds to the tension... i guess the breathing sounds will be the new heartbeat sound... hahaha

the calligrapher, Behind the scenes

Edited by czakhareina
  • Haha 3
33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I might need to hold off watching new episodes until a better translation comes out :nervous: When I went to rewatch just now, another streaming source was uploaded, and that has so much better translation than the one I had watched much earlier.

The better translations actually comes from Viki. But I think most sites are taking it off from Viu as it comes out faster. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

I was so delighted watching ep 6. The moment the queen slaps her obnoxious step-daughter feels so satisfying. I can't stop replaying the scenes for some minutes.

What's with that Hong lecturer actually? I do worried that he could be like the other traitor in the palace, pretending to be the crown prince's loyal person. I still think he could be DI's long lost brother but he has his own sister? Ok. I got it totally wrong then. And he seems pretty cold and shady. Even the crown prince's body guard is also unreliable one, looks pretty silly and forgetful. Then, the only eligible one who he can lean on with is DI. But that other senior lady court will try to use her for her schemes dethroning the crown prince. 

Ommo... the bath scenes are so heart fluttering. I already predicted that she would end up falling onto the pool. Either she got slipped or the prince pulled her in. I love how she confronted him by asking why he just watched when he saw his maid is being bullied by other officials.

The next episode preview looks super fun. I wonder is it just the editing or will San really hear her confession. Now, I regret watching it cuz I have to wait another week to see what will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I might need to hold off watching new episodes until a better translation comes out . When I went to rewatch just now, another streaming source was uploaded, and that has so much better translation than the one I had watched much earlier.

I completely understand because sometimes when I watch the one from Viu, some of the translations don't make sense or flow together. Maybe they are using AI to translate like iQIYI. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Check out MBC's news article on the bath scene - all nicely gif-ed 

Lmao the upvotes of the same article but in Naver view was more than 1000 :SquirtleNiceAhah:

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=408&aid=0000139746

The better translations actually comes from Viki. But I think most sites are taking it off from Viu as it comes out faster. 

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I completely understand because sometimes when I watch the one from Viu, some of the translations don't make sense or flow together.

It's a little frustrating on my part because Viki is not available in my region. But sometimes, I feel like it depends on who is subbing the episode. Luckily Viu has Chinese subtitles which I can compare if it doesn't make sense. Yet, there are translations circulating over Twitter which I felt like was too simplified (definitely not from Viu cause I have photographic memory at least)?

Viu labels the designated titles better

Anyway please let me know which site uses the Viki subtitles, I may want to watch it. Also, please kindly recommend me which episodes should I rewatch from Viki version. So far I thought of rewatching episodes 4, 5, and 6.

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 3

Lee Se Young Dishes On Her Real-Life Chemistry With “The Red Sleeve” Co-Star 2PM’s Lee Junho

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 28, 2021 | by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for Singles magazine, Lee Se Young talked about her experience filming her new drama “The Red Sleeve”!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by 2PM’s Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young). The drama’s viewership ratings have been rising consistently since its premiere earlier this month, with each episode setting a new personal record for the show.

Describing the atmosphere on set, Lee Se Young happily reported, “It’s warm, harmonious, fun, and full of energy. When you film together in both hot weather and cold weather, you develop a deep family-like bond that goes beyond the camaraderie of soldiers fighting fiercely together on the frontlines of battle.”

With every episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Lee Se Young and Lee Junho have been getting viewers’ hearts racing with their undeniable chemistry, and the actress shared that the secret to all that chemistry was their bond in real life.

“My co-star Junho and I have developed the kind of relationship where we now understand each other’s pain and our characters’ emotions just by looking into each other’s eyes,” she explained. “I plan to fall into step [with him] and happily push through until the end of the drama.”

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-23.jpg

When asked what she was looking forward to most in terms of seeing “The Red Sleeve” air, Lee Se Young replied, “Through every project, I meet new actors, new production team members, and new viewers as well. I’m looking forward to seeing how this meeting will be. When a project ends, that character remains with the actor. Of course I think it’s more important to blend into a project than for a character to stand out, but I’m looking forward to the Deok Im that remains with me, and I hope she will become a beautiful memory.”

She went on, “Up until now, I’ve usually played characters who were in the process of growth, but because Deok Im is a real person that exists in history, she was different from all the other roles I’ve played. I myself am very curious what will remain from my encounter with the role of Seong Deok Im in this drama.”

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-32.jpg

As Lee Se Young began her career as a child actress, she is already in her 26th year since her debut. Looking back on her lengthy career, she commented, “Staying in one line of work for a long time is an impressive feat, but that doesn’t make the work any easier or more comfortable. As I entered my late twenties, I found peace by acting to my heart’s content in the projects I wanted to do. These days, I find my eye drawn to people who try to live quiet, ordinary lives. I want to try to be positive in everything I do in life, and I want to become an actress who keeps improving and changing for the better.”

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1500791wpp/lee-se-young-dishes-on-her-real-life-chemistry-with-the-red-sleeve-co-star-2pms-lee-junho

Se Young Updated her IG with set pic

Caption: 아무리 찌워도 살이 빠지던 여름 끝자락 남원 #조선여행 #ㅇㅅㅁ

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CW2Ax2bPaC9/

Spoiler

I really wish this RED concept was for both Seyounga and Junho...

Such a missed opportunity  especially since Junho literally came back as the Red Shirt Junho, after My HHouse Popularity:

Spoiler

he has been going round his modelling/CFs in red...

canned Tuna CF

Spoiler

team Chichi!!!

Samsung CF

Spoiler

Hand cream CF

Spoiler

• Like 3

VIKI INTERVIEW FEATURE during Press Con | ENG SUB 

I wish there were more of these cuteness.... VIKI please do a mid fiiming interview feature... 

Spoiler

the clips from above

10 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

What's with that Hong lecturer actually? I do worried that he could be like the other traitor in the palace, pretending to be the crown prince's loyal person. I still think he could be DI's long lost brother but he has his own sister? Ok. I got it totally wrong then. And he seems pretty cold and shady. Even the crown prince's body guard is also unreliable one, looks pretty silly and forgetful. Then, the only eligible one who he can lean on with is DI. But that other senior lady court will try to use her for her schemes dethroning the crown prince. 

DR is not a traitor per se, but he has his agendas and schemes...

About DeokIm's older brother, here is an update on that

for more info (filmography) on him here: https://asianwiki.com/Kang_Yoon-Je

and he is Kang Hoon's label mate

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’ Episode 6: Lee Junho and Lee Se Young Had an Intense Encounter + Crown Prince Gets Jealous of Kang Hoon

the-red-sleeve-cuff-episode-6-lee-junho-Yi San (Lee Junho) is freed from his punishment, thanks to Sung Deok Im's (Lee Se Young) help. Meanwhile, the court lady discovers the crown prince cares about her after getting jealous of Hong Dong Ro (Kang Hoon) for being with her the night before.

Sung Deok Im Joins Forces With Queen Jung Soon to Free Yi San

While still in punishment, Yi San only talked to his court lady. Even though they were forbidden to see each other's faces, hearing their sentiments with a screen between them was enough for them to enjoy the moment of being together. It also made them realize they got each other's back in times of difficulties.

The crown prince asked Sung Deok Im to deliver his message to their Dondeok order meeting. The members were surprised to see the lady delivering the message from the crown prince.

Everyone was undecided of who they would trust with their secret mission while Yi San was away from them. The court lady had something to say but ended up keeping to herself.

Sung Deok Im went to tell the crown prince about what happened. Since it would be difficult to work with the Dondeok members, she suggested asking Queen Jung Soon's help (Jang Hee Jin).

The court lady bravely faced the queen and told her about the plan of convincing the King to free Yi San from punishment.

Fortunately, Jung Soon was willing to help them, but in one condition: she wanted Princess Hwawan (Seo Hyo Rim) to be under her.

Spoiler

With the help of her friends, Sung Deok Im found a way on how to help the queen and ended up winning against Princess Hwawan. She now has the opportunity to control the princess anytime.

In exchange to this, the queen was able to convince the King to free the crown prince.

Yi San Gets Jealous of Hong Dong Ro Being Close to Sung Deok Im

After knowing Yi San was finally, Sung Deok Im rushed to the palace to see him. When she arrived, the court ladies and the guards were happy to see the crown prince.

Spoiler

Yi San was quick to notice the court lady's presence. The excitement from the two were palpable in their smiles and gazes to each other.

Unfortunately, due to her skills, Sung Deok Im needed to stay with the queen for the meantime, which the crown prince was not pleased to hear. He wished that Queen Jung Soon wouldn't make her stay with her side permanently.

During the night, the court lady met a young lady who couldn't enter the palace since the guards didn't permit her to. Sung Deok Im helped the lady to deliver the clothes to her brother who works inside the palace.

She was surprised to know that it was Hong Dong Ro, the crown prince's teacher, who was the person the young lady was looking for.

On their way back, Dong Ro pulled Deok Im closer to him to whisper about the news that someone made up the queen's mind in order to free the crown prince.

The court lady didn't expect Dong Ro's sudden action which made her startled.

But while they were standing close to each other, Yi San watched them from afar and felt uneasy to see the two being together.

Sung Deok Im's Unexpected and Intense Encounter with Yi San

The court ladies were scared of the crown prince and didn't want to help him take a bath. They thought of Sung Deok Im as the only person who could do the job. To their surprise, the lady appeared in front of them and they didn't waste any time to bring her inside the bathroom.

Before she entered the room, Yi San was busy thinking about what he saw involving his right hand man, Hong Dong Ro and Sung Deok Im. He was surprised to see the court lady who was tasked to assist him in taking a bath.

The crown prince could not hide his jealousy anymore and bluntly confessed that he saw Sung Deok Im having an intimate conversation with Hong Dong Ro. The court lady got angry for not doing anything when he saw his right-hand man harassing her.

Yi San was shocked by Deok Im's confession that Hong Dong Ro used to harass the court ladies in exchange for gossip about the crown prince.

Meanwhile, he accidentally confessed that his only concern is Sung Deok Im among all the court ladies, which Deok Im was surprised to hear.

Spoiler

While pouring the hot water in the tub, Yi San stood to help the court lady but she was startled to see the half-naked crown prince, making her fall on the water and on the crown prince's chest, and leaving them in an awkward position

What can you say about Lee Se Young and Lee Junho's intense encounter in "The Red Sleeve Cuff" episode 6? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

LINK: https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/122909/20211128/the-red-sleeve-cuff-episode-6-lee-junho-lee-se-young-intense-jealous.htm

OST update:

So far all 2 OST has been sooooo good. I've had booth on replay already!!!

28 minutes ago, suhodorable said:

lmao at this Kfan's enthusiastic energy on the ratings trend lol

Saw that too. and I do hope it happens. 

Things that happen in TRSC:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3
4 hours ago, suhodorable said:

Anyway please let me know which site uses the Viki subtitles, I may want to watch it. Also, please kindly recommend me which episodes should I rewatch from Viki version. So far I thought of rewatching episodes 4, 5, and 6.

I sent you a link on twitter PM. I think this site uses non- Viu subs.

If anyone needs it let me know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I sent you a link on twitter PM. I think this site uses non- Viu subs.

If anyone needs it let me know. 

will probably use that too, so thank you.

I literally laughed at some of the translations. some are can easily be ignored others just is jarring...

Anyway I  just want to comment on what I realized to day after checking my TL

this drama made people research history I mean I literally saw posts regarding Sado, King Yeongjo and etc. I mean that is understandable but its so fun to see...

But then the weird things other do for this drama 

they do statistics (?) or prediction.... kekeke

Spoiler

Other do geometry

and others still other do sound analysis...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Haha 2