The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

First…. After that bath scene, Director how can you insanely produce an episode of so much tension between these two!  I can feel it through the screen. fanning self… I Was hoping court lady Seo would confront Deok Im after the bath.  To get an deeper reflection of Deok IM feelings.  

Any idea what the tattoo engraved on Deok IM back is?  Clue to something?

Am perplexed at Court Lady J’s. intentions for Deok IM.  I thought she was against San becoming King.  Since she knows Deok IM is too smart. Why does she want Deok IM be the Royal Concubine?  in that position, it is a big positive for San.  Ironic the King saying that is exactly who he needs by his side. Someone like Deok Im.

am a bit lost behind the burning of the books.  It was commanded from an forgetful King?  Or ordered out of spite from Court Lady J.?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Like the queen's words once DI acts on her true feeling for crown prince, his enemies will try every possible way to use her. 

I was wondering for whom that killer court lady worked for. She is the head court lady niece so probably she was instructed by her. 

Aw... I know the love won't go that smooth, there must be some struggles and trials too. I understand how DI must feel like when she knows that she was set up to fall for the crown prince. She doesn't want others dictate her life and decide what she should do, so even she has no much freedom to do what she wants at least she still has her own heart and thoughts to be her own. 

Aww, and today we see many sides of the crown prince, the happy man in love, the heartbroken puppy and the jealousy and hot crown prince. :wow: 

Will he kiss her or will she avoid him? Well, let's predict what best scenario for this part. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Clapping Hands 3

Besides being moved and swooning by what San asked Deok Im, I laughed so much at the beginning of ep.7... Why did we ever thought this drama is going to be a melo? It won't suddenly change direction, will it? It won't, right? I hope they keep the same tone till the end. I won't mind a little bit of angst, just keep the light hearted tone around. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

(this feels so S&M )

:laugh:thats the way I feel, with some of Junho's concept and performances in his SOLO...

with his chain, blindfold and etc..hahaha

This drama is definitely in that territory... especially the last scene:

img.gif

We've had countless ML, doing some wrist grabs... and San has done it a few times here...

but man that neck grab was.. Wowza :shocked:

His hands just grab her whole neck...!!

The feminist in me, should be offended/disgusted, but man, that tension between them is just hot and palpable...

8 hours ago, Mizv said:

Any idea what the tattoo engraved on Deok IM back is?  Clue to something?

4 hours ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

Noticed the tattoo inscription on Deokim’s back ( it was exposed accidentally when she changed her clothes) Anybody has an idea why did she have it??

I am not sure about this,

But I think it is a branding  families of traitor families that become slaves as punishment...? 

or I could just be imagining seeing something of that mark from another saguek. hahaha 

There is probably some explanation of it from other recappers..

we'll just wait and see what this really mean...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 2
6 hours ago, Mizv said:

Am perplexed at Court Lady J’s. intentions for Deok IM.  I thought she was against San becoming King.  Since she knows Deok IM is too smart. Why does she want Deok IM be the Royal Concubine?  in that position, it is a big positive for San.  Ironic the King saying that is exactly who he needs by his side. Someone like Deok Im.

this is just my theory but...

I think Head Court Lady think she can control DI. She admitted to DI about assigning DI to the library so that she can have close contact with San, as well as orchestrating her proficiency on books by assigning the transcription of books to Di  This was Di will be well read enough to be at a level above normal court lady and be able to converse to San.

She probably thought  that putting DI in a position to be adored by the crown prince, DI will be drawn to be in that position. and then that by explaining first the scenario of how she planned it, DI will be indebted to her thus, she might think that she can ask favors of DI.

and if DI do become concubine, she will have something to hold DI accountable, that if ever DI doesn't do her bidding, head court lady can expose DI that their connections in the library were planned, and that could lead to San losing his favor to DI.

And a concubine who lost favor from the king is a very bad place to be. So that is a way to blackmail DI

So for Head court Lady, she wants someone in San's harem, someone close enough as a confidant that can be used to know San's head space so that they can plan against.

Another preview of Episode 7

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Yay.... think we can get them on the MBC show right @czakhareina?

Source

It broke the highest viewer ratings, recording 10.7% nationwide and 10.5% in the metropolitan area, taking the top spot in the same time slot. In addition, the audience rating of 2049, which is used as a major indicator for advertisers, also rose to 3.4% compared to the previous episode, and the highest rating also soared to 11.6%.

:duckhearts:

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay.... think we can get them on the MBC show right @czakhareina?

Source

It broke the highest viewer ratings, recording 10.7% nationwide and 10.5% in the metropolitan area, taking the top spot in the same time slot. In addition, the audience rating of 2049, which is used as a major indicator for advertisers, also rose to 3.4% compared to the previous episode, and the highest rating also soared to 11.6%.

Yes,,,,!!! saw that the ratings is out too... Yay..!!

so will get them to be guest again on Kim Shinyoung's radio show and then as Special DJ's too...!!!

Spoiler

Ratings are out:

Cast IG post of behind the scenes:

• Party! 3

Oh mi mi, the neck grabbing.  That was mixed scene from my viewpoint.  first it appeared caressing then appears grabbing.  Maybe it’s daydreaming.  

the preview shows hidden books being found.  Is the book the King gave Deok IM ?  Will he remember this?  If the tattoo is “traitor” symbol what will this mean for her future.?

@czakhareina good theory!  Makes sense now. but what court lady’s J biggest mistake is overlooking the loyal and independent minded Deok IM is.  

Just Discovered an drama Lee San, Wind in the Palace.  it appears to be the same historical figures as this drama. 77 episodes! Not sure I want to  invest marathoning it. however I am very curious about this historical figure and will peek at a few episodes 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The ending scene is SOOOO GOOD. Are you watching this yet @Chocolate I really think you'll like the ending scene.

yes yes yes the last scene.. it's so good...!!!

@Mizv yes... this scene

San was stalking DeokIm who is backing out

img.gif

then she caressed her face

img.gif

Then grabbed her at her throat/neck

7-9.gif

A 50 shades of grey musisc score can probably be edited for this sequence

credit https://yeowoobyul2.tistory.com/108

PS: though It is interesting that they had this moment here. I wish they continued to have this as their safe place....the library isnt their happy place anymore...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Hmm yes @Mizv @czakhareina that neck grab may not go down well with a new generation of viewers. Though it is hmmm hahaha pretty hot. 

Trying to view if from the context of those times , he sees her as his woman and in those times women are still objectified ( especially among royalty / nobles). 

@mademoiselle ahahahah...you're still selling this hard to Choco!

So since that book that she is caught with was the one that the King gave her at San's grandmother's funeral, this will mean that San will finally realise that she was the young court girl at the funeral right? 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, Mizv said:

@czakhareina  I think he is overcome with frustration.  The aftermath of the bath and now this “rejection”from DeokIm is too much for his manhood :lmao2:

the rejection really hit him hard I think. their conversation with tangerine as metaphor was really interesting too

They were in his favorite place 

doing his favorite thing 

giving his favorite person

his favorite Fruit/food

img.gif

Spoiler

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.gifimg.gif

But she rejects his tangerine...aka feelings...

img.gif

That got to hurt...!

And such a shock to him since technically she should not be allowed to reject him...

right?

and there he was, just a few days before 

so happy when he heard that she liked him

img.gif

Edited by czakhareina
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Besides being moved and swooning by what San asked Deok Im, I laughed so much at the beginning of ep.7... Why did we ever thought this drama is going to be a melo? It won't suddenly change direction, will it? It won't, right? I hope they keep the same tone till the end. I won't mind a little bit of angst, just keep the light hearted tone around. 

I believe they will give us more of angts but i dont mind either. As long as they dont change it conpletely into that frustrating one. And hopefullythey wont change DI into that candy candy girl type whenever she falls in love. I love how they write her as she is now. 

3 hours ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

Noticed the tattoo inscription on Deokim’s back ( it was exposed accidentally when she changed her clothes) Anybody has an idea why did she have it??

I think it will be revealed later. San is also thinking of it. And the camera specifically pointed out to us, it must have a meaning. 

~~~

I like the ost they played during the bath scene. Also san confession is just so loud and clear for DI to understand him. Even the rejection of her might feel bitter for him but what DI had done is just to avoid everything more painful comes at her. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Trying to view if from the context of those times , he sees her as his woman and in those times women are still objectified ( especially among royalty / nobles). 

So since that book that she is caught with was the one that the King gave her at San's grandmother's funeral, this will mean that San will finally realise that she was the young court girl at the funeral right? 

That is true, by all things, she is really his. he is her owner in that era

But his inner monologue to answer what King Yeongjo advised him about having someone by his side..

He wants something different than what Yeongjo did to San's grandmother but he will find out it is easily said than done. His words will comeback to haunt him cause Di has her own mind plus episode 8 shows DI in a tight spot.

So will he be able to protect her, and is he willing to protect her at all cost even when she rejected him...?

and yes, he will finally know their child hood connection. If so. i really like this reveal of their childhood rendezvous...

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Besides being moved and swooning by what San asked Deok Im, I laughed so much at the beginning of ep.7... Why did we ever thought this drama is going to be a melo?

the first part, with  the continuation of the bath falling/jumping scene made me laugh and giggle so much... them getting confused where to go was so funny...

But also the aftermath, with what they remember:

• For DeokIm, it was San's Chest/Abs.... then his face
  • for San, he kept remembering DeokIm's lips,, neck, lips and then eyes..

...also the poem that San was reading, here is the explanation...

• ...river, the poet couldn’t see the details but is deeply driven to it. It signifies the distance between the poet and the person he is yearning for. It’s so far yet so far
  • Note : when studying classics we should always look beyond the literal meaning, as if San and the noblemen are studying. They won’t choose a love poem for San right when it’s suppose to prepare him to be king
  • Therefore there is an aesthetic interpretation of this text: a commitment towards the goal, one shall look around all aspects, from vertical to horizontal. Yet perfection is unreachable, therefore the commitment is eternaLike 
Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

The king has dementia, and DI was framed for stealing the royal belonging. The king and us are DI's witnesses but both of these witnesses are quite insignificant. Lols. I can't wait to see how DI will solve this? 

And San soon will find out she was the little lady court trainee who kept him a company at his grandmother's funeral that night, the one he keep thinking until today. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Preview Episode 8 Longer Version

English Subtitle

and someone noticed that the lines Junho was Practicing during his I Live Alone guesting is probably for Episode 8

"If you cut off her tendons and kick her out of the palace she is as good as dead.
You have always taught me a lot of things, Your Majesty"

The king of joseon gets absolute power over everyone in the kingdom, if he does not treat each subject with respect, he does not have the right to become their king.

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 2

Oh San, so he only could think of sending her to exile to lessen her punishment?? Noo, it is unfair. The princess hwawan's prank last time was more than enough, she doesn't deserve the punishment for something she's not responsible for. 

And, I just love how DI could suggest to the queen for the King himself to clear her name. It's really satisfying to see it, if DI can defend herself, this reminds me of Jang Geum in Jewel in The Palace. (Such a very classic drama telling about Lady Court) The female character doesn't give up to the difficult situation and always has her way to turn up the tables. 

• Insightful 4

New Stills for Episode 8

also just want to say:

Poor tangerine-heart, rejected that way...

can I have it?

21 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh San, so he only could think of sending her to exile to lessen her pubishment?? Noo, it is unfair. The princess hwawan's prank last time was more than enough, she doesn't deserve the punishment for something she's not responsible for. 

And, I just love how DI could suggest to the queen for the King himself to clear her name. It's really satisfying to see it, if DI can defend herself, this reminds me of Jang Geum in Jewel in The Palace. (Such a very classic drama telling about Lady Court) The female character doesn't give up to the difficukt situation and always has hsr way to turn up the tables. 

LoL that is some ballsy move for her naming the King as her witness.

I mean that is so not done in that era, especially by a court lady, So it is jarring to watch cause I don't think anyone would ever do that.

but one thing I know is that for DeokIm, being alive trumps everything else, so I think for her, she already at a disadvantage, she will  already be sentenced to die, then why not say something or whatever to try to clear her name or get the lesser of the punishment...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I love this witty comment from Knetz about the preview:

It's true love that San knelt down to save his Deok Im.
He was even rejected on a tangerine and a blue towel  today.
"Even though I've been dumped countless times... For Deok Im ㅠㅠ I'm going to die..." 

This is really love

Aigoo Yi San be doing everything for her LOL

Okay I think I know what is the Chinese word on Deok Im's back. It's 明 (read as Ming). Not sure if it represents any factions because back in Yeongjo and Jeonjo's era, there was a fight between 2 factions.

I told @czakhareina earlier, episode 8's premise sounds like Head Court Lady Jo plans to dispose off Deok Im because she is no longer of use for the anti-San agenda. So by disposing her, it will strip off the political advantages both the crown prince and the queen have. Because of that setup, both the queen and the crown prince are placed in the tight position. Though I wonder if Deok Im will expose the fact to King Yeongjo that she met him at the wake... when he's not supposed to be there too in the first place.

Hahahaha thanks to @abs-oluteM's sharing of the Knetizen's comment, I found Yi San's partial theme song LOL

Oh well let me watch properly later

leaving this fact here since most of us are clowning about TANGERINES lol

Articles, posts, and comments thread

Spoiler

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@suhodorable @abs-oluteM

That theme song is so funny. hahaha but it really sis perfect for San right now....

Behind the Scene Still by San's Eunuch aka Yoon Hyosik

Pond Incident

Also Junho's noona, posted in IG and mentioned Woojin watching his samcheon. 

and then I laugh, thinking WooJin watching the bathtub scene...?

and me thinking that woojin also asking "why is samcheon swimming with a  robe on" or "will samcheon's shoulder be okay, that noona is leaning too close to his shoulder, it might hurt".

or did Junho give noona a heads up about that scene...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3