The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You guys have probably posted this but I only saw it right now and OMG I'm all :wow:

Aso I love San's attire! :love:

LoL i think we are all in. 

That look from San is just... 

Nuneo is just shredding my heart... i am dying... hahaha

I was wondering how DI came to be sleeping in his bed. I thought that she might have fallen asleep while sge sat and waited on him. Then seeing her tired, he carried her to his bed...

But i saw in twitter that there is a legit duty of Court Lady to lie in bed of royals to warm it. Hahaha i never knew that... 

I learn new things in Twitter. Hahahaha

21 minutes ago, suhodorable said:

Webtoon version of the novel: https://webtoon.kakao.com/content/옷소매-붉은-끝동/2565

Enjoy reading!

I checked it when it first got published and when onky 3 episides were out. 

There were no translation. Is it still untranslated? 

The drawings where nice too... 

Also posting here the post you forwarded to me of the episode 16 script

I wonder if they are done filming for episode 16. I remember Junho mentioned in bubble a few days ago that they were in the last part of filming, but that was before they were approved for 1 episode extension...

Oh Dalhwan IG update with wuri chachamcham couple

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Checked the webtoon @czakhareina and it's not yet translated. Some parts have to be paid for.

Some more spoilers from the novel LOL. Btw Ridibooks has the digital version of it in case you're interested. I think it's also where I read the reviews before the drama aired.

Spoiler

That clowning @abs-oluteM @czakhareina and I did for Deok Im hahahahaha help it's almost the same from the novel LOL

• Heart Eyes 1
32 minutes ago, suhodorable said:

Checked the webtoon @czakhareina and it's not yet translated. Some parts have to be paid for.

Some more spoilers from the novel LOL. Btw Ridibooks has the digital version of it in case you're interested. I think it's also where I read the reviews before the drama aired.

Oh so i guess it has yet to be translated until now. 

I do wish they do translate it, I am willung to subscribe. Same with the novel. I wanna buy it..

I read somewhere that the main reason that San in the drama is more likeable is mainly because they've allowed his POV in the drama. While compared to the book it was mainly DeokIm, her life and her surrounding and San's pursuit and the court/harem politics that seemed like DI was exposed but was not protected much from. 

I guess as a drama, it would have been hard to root for a romance if San was less empathetic. 

Gawd I really really wish we have a translation of the novel. Even though it  is a bit different  from the drama. Also the webtoin needs to be translated... and maybe more historical facts on Yeongjo and DeokIm. 

At the spoilers, at this point I've probably read most. Rightm history as well as the novel version of the painful parts...?

So i probabaly am prepared and ready for the pain... right????

JYP releasing stills of Junho in BTS and Junho in his princely regalia

Here: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=32921984&memberNo=29747755

Real_2pm IG update

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

News Article

Lee Se Young Falls Asleep In Lee Junho’s Bed In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 10, 2021 | by E. Cha

Get ready for Lee Se Young and 2PM’s Lee Junho to grow even closer on the next episode of MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILERS
On the previous episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San embraced Seong Deok Im after realizing that she was the young girl he had encountered in his childhood. With the couple finally expressing their feelings for one another, the episode left viewers looking forward to seeing their romance bloom in earnest.

It looks as though “The Red Sleeve” isn’t about to disappoint: in newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Seong Deok Im sleeps soundly in Yi San’s bed as the crown prince watches her fondly. He also hesitantly reaches out to touch her face, as if afraid to wake her from her peaceful slumber.

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-Lee-Junho.jpegLee-Se-Young-Lee-Junho-2.jpegLee-Se-Young-Lee-Junho-3.jpegLee-Junho1.jpeg

To find out why Seong Deok Im unexpectedly falls asleep in Yi San’s bed in the middle of the day, tune in to the next episode of “The Red Sleeve” on December 10 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1503056wpp/lee-se-young-falls-asleep-in-lee-junhos-bed-in-the-red-sleeve

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Are Full Of Laughter On Set Of “The Red Sleeve”

Dec 10, 2021 | by S. Cho

“The Red Sleeve” has shared a cute making-of clip for episodes 7 and 8!

The MBC historical drama is about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (Lee Junho), who becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young).

The video starts with Lee Junho checking Lee Se Young’s forehead temperature. The director exclaims, “The angle [from the camera] looks like you should kiss!” Lee Se Young quickly asks, “What?” Someone then explains with a giggle, “They said you should kiss,” and the actors professionally dive right in.

Later, Lee Junho crouches out of sight to make a natural entrance into the scene. However, he comes in very abruptly, and Lee Se Young quietly asks, “You’re coming in like this?” causing the director to burst into laughter.

At night, Lee Se Young begins filming with Yang Byung Yeol, who plays her brother Sung Sik. As she approaches him, she starts laughing, causing him to ask, “Why? Why?” Lee Se Young explains, “It’s like looking in a mirror,” commenting on their similar facial features.

As this was his first time filming, Yang Byung Yeol comments, “I was able to show what I prepared because everyone treated me comfortably. I was shocked because [Lee Se Young and I] looked so similar.”

In the next scene, Lee Se Young is gathered with her fellow court ladies where she tells them she likes the crown prince, making them giggle like kids. As they excitedly film the scene and play a wide variety of games, Junho watches from overhead with Oh Dae Hwan. The two film the following scene and Junho struggles to hold in his laughter as a staff member comments, “He was holding in [his laughter] from the start.”

Lee Se Young and Junho then film a serious scene where they diligently work with the director throughout rehearsals to get all the details right. After they popcorn many ideas and discuss with the director, the two actors professionally perfect the serious scene then go right back to their usual adorable antics.

Park Ji Young, who plays Head Court Lady Jo, makes her return to set and announces that it has been around 20 days since she last filmed. As she films with the young cast members and praises them, Lee Se Young jokes from the side, “She’s scary even when she’s saying ‘Good job.'”

Next, Lee Se Young and Junho find themselves in front of Lee Deok Hwa, who plays King Young Jo. As the pair rehearse when and how they should make eye contact, Lee Deok Hwa draws laughter as he comments, “You’re only forgiven because it’s a drama. Am I dumb? You’re making eye contact and laughing like that.”

At the end, Lee Se Young must shed tears out of relief and the staff members laugh, saying that she’s crying a little too much for the scene.

“The Red Sleeve” airs every Friday and Saturday at 9:50 p.m. KST!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1502991wpp/watch-2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-are-full-of-laughter-on-set-of-the-red-sleeve

OTHER ARTICLES:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2

Spoiler recaps for Episode 9 (part 1)

Our poor San....more rejection :laugh:

202112101944576110_2.jpg

On this day, Deok-im hugged Lee San, who was hugging her while he brought up their past encounter, but was quickly surprised and pushed him away. Deok-im  tried to change the subject.

However, Lee San expressed his feelings for Deok Im again. Standing in front of Deok-im, Lee San said, "I missed you for a long time after we separated  at Youngbin's mortuary that day. I thought about it countless times. The only child who comforted me that night when I was in pain after losing my grandmother, where is she now, whether she is alive or not, and if she suffered from me. I thought a lot, but I couldn't find you. Because I was just a little kid in a hurry to save my life.  But now, he is no longer a weak child. And I found you. Answer me. What should I do with you?" he asked.

Deok-im said, "It was just a coincidence that day that I met Your Highness, and I didn't even know who Your Highness was.  It's just that two children met by chance , so do we need to put meaning on the meeting?" :laugh:

Lee San was hurt and asked back, "So the meeting doesn't mean anything to you?"Deok Im  says, "Yes, Your Highness" . After trying to step back, Lee San grabbed her wrist. Lee San gave a affectionate look towards her , feeling much regret.

He had to leave as the King summoned him. But when he met his grandfather, the old man seemed to have forgotten what it was that he wanted to tell San , showing more signs of dementia. San told him to think about it slowly. 

Grandfather  handed Lee San a hobu (a wooden plaque used to mobilize the army) and asked, “There may be not be a need to use it, but keep it just in case , you'll never  know.”

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Spoiler recaps eps 9 (Part 2)

King Yeongjo tells Lee San to go to Neunghaeng. Lee San asks for permission, saying, "I will relieve the resentment of the people, so please allow me." King Yeongjo said to Lee-san, "Leave with a dignified design like a king (as in with full entourage) . That way, the people will trust and follow," he said, ordering vicarious cleanliness. Lee San is given the command of King Yeongjo to move the military and take over  power.

Princess Hwawan (Seo Hyo-rim) is angry and feels defeated since  Lee San is on the verge of being on the throne. Princess Hwawan said, "No one is worried about Abama (father) . I'm the only one who's concerned," she burst into tears and the Court Lady Jo  (played by Park Ji-young) comforts Princess Hwawan.

However, later she  said, "Princess Hwawan has lost  favor of his highness. There is no need for a princess who has lost favor. Cut off all the money," she orders.

She started  looking for a person to stand on their side instead of Princess Hwawan, and  decided to devise a strategy to prevent dissipation of power. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Spoiler recaps eps 9 (Part 3 )

San headed to the tomb as per instructed by his grandfather. Finds out that there are young girls missing - taken by people who were supposedly palace officials. So he wanted to investigate the issue.

Deok Ro saying the King is still in power, thinks that it would be better for them to wait till San becomes King as San is not in the position to punish these people. San was unhappy as he said to Deok Ro

"So it doesn't matter to you how many children disappear and how many die? "

-----------------------------

202112101945286110_2.jpg

Court Lady Seo  (Jang Hye-jin) pointed San's beddings  to Deok-im  and ordered, "Deok-im, lie down here." Deok-im was surprised by this.

CL Seo said, "It's not what you think," and hurriedly added, "The furnace is broken. It's been a long time since anyone has been here, so the management is a mess.

CL Seo also left a warning, "Never sleep, because you have to get out before His Highness comes in."  As soon as CL Seo left, Deok-im said, "What is this , I get to enjoy all these luxuries while living?" Excitedly, she lay down in bed.

After entering the room, Lee San discovered that it was Deok Im who was  sleeping. Deok-im, who had trouble sleeping at night while packing her belongings before coming, fell asleep despite Seo Sang-gung's warning.

Lee-san sat down by Deok-im and hesitated a few times before reaching out to reach her face. Lee San touched Deok-im’s face, but was unable to do so at the end . Lee San whispered, "Are you not afraid of me? Do you know what will happen to you? You have no fear." After whispering, he pulled up the blanket more and covered her more.

After that, Lee San left the room and ordered head guard , Kang Tae-ho (Oh Dae-hwan)  , "Keep this place and do not let anyone in."

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Spoiler recaps eps 9 (Part 4)

Upon hearing that San was sent to the tomb area , Jo (Park Ji-young) secretly handed something to CL Kang Wol-hye (Ji-eun), . Jo was planning to work in a place where the King cannot see  to get rid of San.

Kang Wol-hye, who received the order of Jo , received a secret message with the words 'Hash (around 10 p.m.)' and began to act. First, Kang Wol-hye sent out Seo Sang-gung and Seong-deok-im in the name of gathering food ingredients, and then they on the way they got their hands on the gun powder bags and saw that  threw all the bags into the water.

CL Seo , who had left with Deok-im at that time, said that it was time to talk, and revealed the fact that Gwanghan-gung and Taek-gun, the secret organizations of court ladies, that she  had no choice but to put her name there. While Seong Deok-im promised that she would protect Seo , the two found a gun powder bag that had been thrown into the water and could not be used.  Seo Sang-gung nformed Seong-deok-im, "I have to go back to Haenggung right now. Someone deliberately threw away this gunpowder" 

Seongdeok-im, however, stopped  Seo. No matter how fast  you walk , it would take an hour or more to return and inform them. Seong Deok-im then found children playing with kites around and drew a picture on the kite. Soon Lee San, who was at Haenggung, found the kite and interpreted its meaning"

Before this ...

Spoiler

Lee San, noticing the emergency warning, went to the warehouse and noticed that the bowstring was broken and the medicine powder and guns were missing. All that was left for Lee- san was his bow and five arrows, the only unbroken one he kept, the less than 50 guards and the soldiers under him. Lee San ordered Hong Deok-ro (Kang Hoon) to call in the guards, handing over the amblem he had received from Yeong-jo just in case to call on more forces. 

Things turned quickly. A court lady introduced herself as the as a Court Lady of the Eastern Palace  and said that she wanted to know when Lee San would receive something. But it was not Lee San who was waiting for the court lady, but Kang Tae-ho of the head guard. Kang Tae-ho asked, "You are not the CL of Donggung. Who are you?" At the same time, the court lady fired a rifle at the him. The court lady was suppressed by him, but she committed suicide in front of Kang Tae-ho, who was about to ask her more of her identity

Gwanghan Palace forces such as Kang Wol-hye, came to the palace in disguise. And Lee San, who was waiting for this, closed all the doors and shouted to his people, "Let's start the battle ." In the middle of the palace, a bloody battle broke out between the rebel forces and Lee-san. Lee San pointed at Kang Wol-hye with a sword, wields a sword at the palace, smuggling a precious gun from a government official, and so on.

At the same time, Deok-im was running to the palace all alone in case Lee San could not see the kite warning she sent. Even if Deok-im rolled down the mountain road, even if it was already too late, she ran steadfastly again and again.

Kang Wol-hye seemed to be at a disadvantage, so she fired a flare with the gun she had and gathered more forces. In response, Lee San and Kang Tae-ho prepared a long line with a desperately small number of people. The two were ready to fight for their lives. However, the guard soldiers summoned by Hong Deok-ro arrived on time, and Lee San and Kang Tae-ho were saved without being injured.

Lee San hugged Hong Deok-ro and congratulated him by saying, "It was hard".

When things were sorted out, Deok-im arrived at Haenggung. As soon as he found out that it was her, he ran and hugged her, and Deok-im, exhausted, said, "Did you see it? (the kite)"

Deok-im said, "Didn't I say I'll protect you? Your highness  is busy protecting this country, Joseon, and I'm busy protecting him, so who is busier?" 

Then, Lee San confessed to Deok-im, who closed her eyes, "When I saw the kite , I thought it was you. It must be you. When I said I might die, the face I remembered was you, Deok-im-ah." 

202112102228426110_2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I love this beautiful gif

And oh my think he is going to confess his feelings in the preview. Wants to know if she feels the same

Wait so the other times we've seen are not yet the rejections... I thought there were three rejections..

So the tangerine/mandarin rejection was not it. But why? I already cried for the tangerine/mandarin...

So there will be more, and it probably be worse... My heart, how can I take it...

I love that gif, also this one:

I wish they stay in the room like that. away from assassinations, scheming and court politics...

Episode 9 Behind The scenes

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Wait so the other times we've seen are not yet the rejections... I thought there were three rejections..

So the tangerine/mandarin rejection was not it. But why? I already cried for the tangerine/mandarin...

So there will be more, and it probably be worse... My heart, how can I take it...

Think the tangerine one should still be the 1st. This time he will be more direct with his confession?

Pre-released

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hyacinth0910 said:
Forehead kiss of Yisan to Deokima

is just enough for now while waiting for their proper kiss sooooooooon! :love:

Ohmy....

So definitely this is the proposal of San followed by the rejection part of DeokIm. Urgh. 

History is really the great spoiler. 

And all this as he called her DeokIm-Ah. Oh boy...

Before the proper kiss we still have to process the rejection... and 15 years wait... oho...

Ep9 Behind the scenes | English sub

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

While watching eps 9 with subs, of course my heart is racing at all their close encounters. Even at that initial scene when he held her hand & withdrew it, I was thinking to myself that oh my even their hands have chemistry . :wow:. And also the part  when she was being a sleeping beauty, and he just had to control himself from touching her face! Sometimes the most subtle not quite there skinship creates the most thrill.

Deok Im's quick thinking of using the kite to warn him was most impressive and saved him. It was one of my favourite bits for eps 9. This Fairy cult of Court Ladies is no joke and terrifying. I am glad that Lady Seo told Deok Im about it.  I like Lady Seo a lot , and I hope in time to come, lady Seo will be freed from the tyranny of Court Lady Jo who seems to see herself as the real ruler seeing how she sits on her "throne" each time she meets the ladies.

Also an interesting note is the complex relationship between San and DeokRo. You can see a clear value clash between  San & DR. San prioritizes his people but DR is about ensuring San ascends the throne ( & secures his own power) But DR has a point - San can really only do more for his people if he succeeds & makes it as King. 

• Like 1

I also loved the epic battle and it was quite heart stopping too. And I had a good laugh at this point...

This such an endearing relationship between the two , and he is the only one I fully trust with San's life ( apart from Deok Im). Of course Deok Ro did come through with bringing the royal guards in time, and San recognised his effort. DR for now will be a bit more at ease seeing that San fully trusts him. 

And of course the most important thing for eps 9 was Deok Im's role in saving San. I was actually pretty moved or teary towards the end. San's tears that fell on Deok Im's face.. I think that needs a real good gif. I can't say enough how much I love this romance.

1080x360

• Like 1

There was a comment that translated the preview here (Credit to TalkingPotato)

Crown Prince: The king, who has to trust me of course, doubts me.

Queen: anheksa (this refers to a government-dispatched official for the purpose of dealing with civil war or uprising) will return soon. Time will solve this problem.

The head Court lady: Do you think I'll just wait and do nothing for the next 10 days?

Crown Prince: Did you cry?

Duk-Im: Did you hurt anywhere?

Hong Deok-ro: We don't have time. Do not give up your heart to just a lowly maid. Come back to where you deserve to be.

Crown Prince: I can't pretend it's not anymore. If your heart is the same as mine...

Duk-Im: Please!

Crown Prince: What I want to say is... I... I (love) you...

• Like 1