The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

15 hours ago, czakhareina said:

This stills really is such a powerful stance of San. I like how in this moment in the darkness and of the room as he is in his dragon robe, as he moves closer, menancing as he asserted himself as DeokIm's master and swore her person to.

I love this scene so much...!

HAHAHAHAHA should I confess that I keep rewatching this unpleasant scene, as it is one of the best shown so far in this drama :lenny:

4 hours ago, czakhareina said:

And I also think she expected some kind of cold/angry reaction from San, so she might have been a very very scared with San at that moment but her adamant answer and refusal to follow CL Jo plans speaks at her faith in San. 

Yep, she still drew the line that she's doing this out of her chosen loyalty towards him as a future leader of the country.

Actually, in my opinion, CL Jo is very very late in her timing. Had Deok Im not seen what happened when the king slapped San, she might have been able to get Deok Im on her side. All that grooming she did for Deok Im was not totally fruitful. Sad, but good for San though LOL

I pretty much finally finished dissecting the episode last night and also saw another good dissection of their relationship as well.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Mizv said:

Very simple.  They are into each other and very frustrated with their desire to get it out their system

Yes hahahaha that's the complexity of their relationship. Someone on Reddit said that San and Deok Im shared a combination of different types of relationship.

Here's what I can come up in my own POV:

1. As friends who are equals

2. A subject and a royal leader

3. Master and servant

4. Man and woman

If we try to see what went wrong in their relationship in episode 7 starting from CL Jo's concubine proposal, it's 1 and 4. That one took a big toll on Deok Im and it's just right that she finally met her long-lost brother, which allows her to give a breather on how she plans to go with her life. 

While Deok Im had a breather, San still couldn't recover from the rejection. Because he no longer has 4, he tries to assert himself using 3 because that is what currently ties him and Deok Im together. However, in episode 7, Deok Im stresses what she thinks a servant still has the right to have which is independent from the master and servant relationship. Someone said that San could have punished Deok Im a lot of times for denying what custom calls for her as a court lady in that era, yet San decides to shoulder everything instead and suffers for it. And because he suffered, even a separate outlet like archery isn't enough. So I think San making a full emphasis on is just apt in order to let Deok Im know and show a glimpse on how much he chose to shoulder all that. 

The biggest awkward moment for the two was shown in episode 8, right after Deok Im's friends asked help from the crown prince. Just when he stressed 3 a few days ago, there he seems to be indifferent as noticed by Queen Jeongsun.

I think he did not understand at first how court ladies also have their own mind, heart, and will. Queen Jeongsun saw that from Deok Im's determination wherein she will do her best to fight for her right to live. At the same time, Deok Im saw how San was not making an effort to at least make room for appealing her innocence, which eventually led to Deok Im's own misunderstanding about it. However, Deok Im must have understood after the incident that not all time, just like what San claimed, that he has the power to decide how her life goes. He could only do so much.

Then at the part wherein they finally met King Yeongjo, San indirectly discovers that Deok Im once tried to save him during the tiger hunt incident which are 2 and 3. Adding further the little rebuke made by the queen and Deok Im's determination, he finally understands all the reasons presented. So he is now doing his part to finally save Deok Im's life. By kneeling down in front of the king and in front of Deok Im to support and protect her, San actually restores 1 and 4. And the same goes when they ended up kneeling down in front of the king side by side. As San looks at Deok Im, he is trying to apologize to her at the same time, with 1 and 4 restoration in progress. 

Even after Deok Im was saved thanks to the king's long term memory (with Deok Im earning the respect further from the queen and the crown prince), I felt that Deok Im and San were still awkward with each other. San tries to be friendly with her once again, an attempt to fully restore 1 and 4. And then their second chance starts full force after their childhood trope case came to a close.

3 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Seyoung and Junho promos for Chinese audience.. is there a longer clip for this?

Longer clip link: https://www.facebook.com/FETVOD/posts/6531156820290770?__cft__[0]=AZUtGX_LFuJ0iHmt4QXxbtPD35CT6X7ogWEJf1yZhMwPMR5H-gZnqcGAMPd3yi-H_ccoSZRBfFkul2xnUtGlhvdplPewbPSw4hNgcOQEeYKkxYPcALrX3tJTSZ817qXygka-m_VCYIX7hiYfg94Z5OS9&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Edited by suhodorable
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Some more facts on Prince Sado according to Lady Hyegyeong's memoirs

I feel like Sado was such a broken person. The throne was too heavy for him and his mind was just constant days of being criticized and being asked to be perfect by King Yeongjo. 

But I also shows how much of a strong will San has, that is why in the drama they are portraying DI's faith in him

6 hours ago, suhodorable said:

Actually, in my opinion, CL Jo is very very late in her timing. Had Deok Im not seen what happened when the king slapped San, she might have been able to get Deok Im on her side. All that grooming she did for Deok Im was not totally fruitful. Sad, but good for San though LOL

true that.

CL jo has the best scheme, but her grooming of DI was incomplete. 

other than that moment of seeing San's strength of character and perseverance and character that just wants whats good for his people.

I think CL Jo should have had let DI read stories regarding the fairies things. or if not read, give her books to transcribed. much like s subliminal message. But I guess CL jo was also correct that it was probably at some interference and protection by CL Seo that had let DI roam be detached from that bondage of being part of that mentality of subliminal message.

Edited by czakhareina
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Not sure if this was shared. I could not see any of the YouTube + BTS you guys shared because they are blocked at my region.

You know how a couple of weeks ago we were talking about whether the casts learnt etiquette? I saw a cut of promotional interview which shows they did.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Junho really wants us dead, does he? (referring to his vlog upload)

Subbed version of the interview LOL

Apparently Junho was not able to film on time at first because he's doing 2PM activities, so Seyoung ended up waiting for him lol

Spoiler from Seyoung

Spoiler

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
36 minutes ago, suhodorable said:

Junho really wants us dead, does he? (referring to his vlog upload)

Subbed version of the interview LOL

Apparently Junho was not able to film on time at first because he's doing 2PM activities, so Seyoung ended up waiting for him lo

Spoiler from Seyoung

He does, he is gonna kill us all. though I am not complaining, happy fangirl here, dead or alive...

Oh interesting, I guess he did prioritize 2pma activities, and I am so glad that the production team was able to work around that and wait for him....

....also at this point, I will probably just think of them as the ChamChamCham couple, thinking of them as a Sandeok couple still makes me holler in laughter... :lmao2:

about the spoiler...

Spoiler

i think they will be speeding things along of the pregnancy and childcare would be included...

But also the miscarriage, Oh My gawd... I I can just imagine how my heart will be shredded for that scene,,,

and if we do follow history, and the novel, her death and how he will be after will kill me..

If this happens I just know they are staying true to ther "mournful romance of the king and court lady"

Oh TRS, have a heart, dont overdo it please 

“The Red Sleeve” And Its Stars Continue To Dominate Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Lists

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 7, 2021 | by S. Nam

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” continues to sweep this week’s rankings for the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the fourth consecutive week, “The Red Sleeve” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “The Red Sleeve” defend its position as the most buzzworthy drama, but its stars Lee Se Young and 2PM’s Lee Junho also landed No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on this week’s list of most buzzworthy drama cast members.

tvN’s “Happiness” followed behind at No. 2, and the drama’s leads Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo jumped up the rankings for buzzworthy actors to place No. 4 and No. 6 on the list. KBS2’s “The King’s Affection” dropped one rank to be the No. 3 most buzzworthy drama with its lead Park Eun Bin coming in the list for actors at No. 8.

KBS2’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” placed No. 4 on the list for dramas, and Ji Hyun Woo claimed the No. 9 spot for most buzzworthy actor. SBS’s “Now We Are Breaking Up” followed closely behind at No. 5 with Song Hye Kyo successfully defending her position at No. 3 on the cast member rankings.

Lee Do Hyun from tvN’s “Melancholia” also rose an impressive nine ranks to place No. 5 on the list for actors while his co-star Im Soo Jung rounded out the list at No. 10. Right behind “Melancholia,” upcoming JTBC drama “Snowdrop” entered the list of buzzworthy dramas at No. 9.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of December are as follows:

1. MBC “The Red Sleeve”
2. tvN “Happiness”
3. KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
4. KBS2 “Young Lady and Gentleman”
5. SBS “Now We Are Breaking Up”
6. JTBC “Reflection of You”
7. tvN “Jirisan”
8. tvN “Melancholia”
9. JTBC “Snowdrop”
10. SBS “Let Me Be Your Knight”

Buzzworthy-Dramas.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors who generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Lee Se Young (“The Red Sleeve”)
2. Lee Junho (“The Red Sleeve”)

3. Song Hye Kyo (“Now We Are Breaking Up”)
4. Park Hyung Sik (“Happiness”)
5. Lee Do Hyun (“Melancholia”)
6. Han Hyo Joo (“Happiness”)
7. Go Hyun Jung (“Reflection of You”)
8. Park Eun Bin (“The King’s Affection”)
9. Ji Hyun Woo (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)
10. Im Soo Jung (“Melancholia”)

Buzzworthy-Actors.jpg

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1502540wpp/the-red-sleeve-and-its-stars-continue-to-dominate-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Party! 1

@czakhareina One of my favourite LSY shows is The Crowned Clown. She's good in this genre and a versatile actress. Love her here as the spunky Deok Im.

Oooo so if their affections grow , can we anticipate some sweet scenes?

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Teasers for the new OST

"It's Beautiful at Last"

by Shim Gyu-sun

Man it is like it feels heartbreaking, so I guess its our cue to prepare for a cryfest, right?

Oh gawd drama, don't do this to me... don't break my heart too much,okay...

10 hours ago, suhodorable said:

Yes hahahaha that's the complexity of their relationship. Someone on Reddit said that San and Deok Im shared a combination of different types of relationship.

Here's what I can come up in my own POV:

1. As friends who are equals

2. A subject and a royal leader

3. Master and servant

4. Man and woman

If we try to see what went wrong in their relationship in episode 7 starting from CL Jo's concubine proposal, it's 1 and 4. That one took a big toll on Deok Im and it's just right that she finally met her long-lost brother, which allows her to give a breather on how she plans to go with her life. 

While Deok Im had a breather, San still couldn't recover from the rejection. Because he no longer has 4, he tries to assert himself using 3 because that is what currently ties him and Deok Im together. However, in episode 7, Deok Im stresses what she thinks a servant still has the right to have which is independent from the master and servant relationship. Someone said that San could have punished Deok Im a lot of times for denying what custom calls for her as a court lady in that era, yet San decides to shoulder everything instead and suffers for it. And because he suffered, even a separate outlet like archery isn't enough. So I think San making a full emphasis on is just apt in order to let Deok Im know and show a glimpse on how much he chose to shoulder all that. 

The biggest awkward moment for the two was shown in episode 8, right after Deok Im's friends asked help from the crown prince. Just when he stressed 3 a few days ago, there he seems to be indifferent as noticed by Queen Jeongsun.

I think he did not understand at first how court ladies also have their own mind, heart, and will. Queen Jeongsun saw that from Deok Im's determination wherein she will do her best to fight for her right to live. At the same time, Deok Im saw how San was not making an effort to at least make room for appealing her innocence, which eventually led to Deok Im's own misunderstanding about it. However, Deok Im must have understood after the incident that not all time, just like what San claimed, that he has the power to decide how her life goes. He could only do so much.

Then at the part wherein they finally met King Yeongjo, San indirectly discovers that Deok Im once tried to save him during the tiger hunt incident which are 2 and 3. Adding further the little rebuke made by the queen and Deok Im's determination, he finally understands all the reasons presented. So he is now doing his part to finally save Deok Im's life. By kneeling down in front of the king and in front of Deok Im to support and protect her, San actually restores 1 and 4. And the same goes when they ended up kneeling down in front of the king side by side. As San looks at Deok Im, he is trying to apologize to her at the same time, with 1 and 4 restoration in progress. 

Even after Deok Im was saved thanks to the king's long term memory (with Deok Im earning the respect further from the queen and the crown prince), I felt that Deok Im and San were still awkward with each other. San tries to be friendly with her once again, an attempt to fully restore 1 and 4. And then their second chance starts full force after their childhood trope case came to a close.

There definitely  is a lot of layer with their relationship, but I also think that among these types of relationship, the one that stands out most is them being Subject and monarch (2). I say so mainly because above and most important of all things, He will always be the above her one born to royalty, crowned as heir apparent and a future king of the monarchy. And just the overall norm and fact, for everyone. That is San's primary descriptor.

It is just that he has made exceptions for DI that is why they have that layered of relationship. And that is brought about by the fact that they met and got to know each other when San pretended to be someone else thus they ended up being friends (1). That friendship with mutual admiration and assitance (1) turned to having the, man-woman awareness (4) as they spend more time together, especially at San's POV; and also subsequently Progressed with having loyalty for a Master (3), which is conscious and faithful choice for DeokIm. 

So for San, he has not known anything else with regards to people, they are all subjects to him. That until he did meet DI. that was why he made consensus of giving her leeway time and time again, this was evidence with his monologue in Ep7.

At this point he was already rejected figuratively, or more like Mandarin-ly/Tangerine-ly by DI, but as he said he didn't care cause she is still a court lady and she will always stay by his side. That again signifies his main faith/belief in their primary relationship as monarch and subject... just like how it was mentioned in this: 

The main hiccup in their relationship is that San has the notion of DI being a servant, though she was elevated higher in his POV,  because he does fall for her. While for DI is the fact that her life is important above all things and balk at the thought of being at the mercy of someone else, even though it is a norm and even if it was the King she swore fealty to.

Their primary point of view of their lives so differs at this point that it created the scene where San needs to assert his dominance. And in an era where the king is God, the man is the King and where she she is definitely a non-Joseon thinking woman,  that definitely doesnt go down as a fracture of their other relationship line. 

but the good thing is, the drama rectified it by the end of episode 8....

59 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@czakhareina One of my favourite LSY shows is The Crowned Clown. She's good in this genre and a versatile actress. Love her here as the spunky Deok Im.

love love love her too.

First noticed her in Puberty Medley with Kwang Dongyeon, Choi Taejoon. But it was in Gentlemans Tailor shop that I first became a fan. She was awesome and adorable and charming as Hyowon, one of the best spoiled bratty chaebol heiress character ever.

I love her in The Crowned Clown too. She was brilliant as the Queen Sowoon. and yup, she definitely is one of the versatile actress but I do think Saguek is definitely her genre. 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

The Red Sleeve – Notes and Historical Stuff

WEEKLY AFTERTHOUGHT

theredsleeve.notes-4.png?w=1024

EP 7 – 8:

• The King is really getting older. The onset of dementia – one of the many, many signs shown by Yeongjo during his final years. He was known as the longest reigned king of Joseon Dynasty and said to never miss taking concoctions, which might be the reason for his longevity. However, he was also experiencing symptoms linked to various illnesses throughout his life, with forgetting things being more apparent four months before his death.

• San’s vow to protect the person he loves instead of following his grandfather’s cold choices for Yeongbin makes me feel down. Ah, if only you know San…fate won’t be that kind either with you. No matter how much you try to protect the person you love, San, by not killing your own son like what your grandfather did, fate is cruel….

• The more I watch the tangerine scene, the more bittersweet it feels. It might be a symbolism of the first rejection made by Uibin in history towards Jeongjo, then the Grand Heir. Never thought that it would be this painful to watch two characters who clearly like each other but the situation is just not right for them to reciprocate each other’s feelings. Ah, tragedy…

• Deok-ro is always acting bold and mighty and I forget that he is still lower-ranked than some people, for instance, Tae-ho, San’s bodyguard. It’s so satisfying to see Tae-ho giving advice (akin to a warning) to Deok-ro for going against San’s order since there is no one there to put him under control. Still, with the recent turn of events in the drama, nothing will be able to stop him from trying to get everything under his control. I pity his sister Hong Dan so much for the future that awaits her…

• The time has come for San’s regency, but not before the fierce opposition coming from the antagonists. San and Lady Hong are basically reciting what the future has in store for the antagonists from the historical records. She might not be able to become a Queen Dowager in her lifetime, but Lady Hong sure did receive all the deserved respect for a King’s birth mother during Jeongjo’s reign. As for Princess Hwawan, her playtime is almost over.

• The story of the heavenly maids living on the Moon Palace (廣寒宮) according to Court Lady Jo’s version is like a combination of the original version (with the maids going down to the King’s palace on Earth) and the history of King Seonjo abandoning the palace to seek refuge during the Imjin War. While the story presents a connection between the instilled fear in court ladies (enough for them to make a secret alliance among themselves to protect each other) and Court Lady Jo’s reason why she is so fixated on going against San, there is this slight feeling of disconnection I have when I see the gathering of the alliance. Still, it does help to explain why she continuously pushes Deok-im towards San..and seems like this isn’t her first rodeo in guiding (or goading?) court maids to vie for the King’s grace.

• I thought that the kites in the remote palace is just San’s way of asking Deok-im of a kite-flying session…but it’s not that romantic. Their designs were similar with the signal kites used by Admiral Yi Sun-shin in the battles against the Japanese navy during Imjin War. But then, the one Deok-im touches has the sign that reads “wrestle and fight!” and the arrow…is it telling her to fight against all odds and move straight to where her heart lies?

LINK: https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2021/11/17/the-red-sleeve-notes-and-historical-stuff/

@Hyacinth0910

thanks so much for posting above videos, and it has english subs... Yay!!!

anyway here is another additional watching.. kekekeke

14 things you didn't know about 'The Red sleeve' Seong Deok-im 'Eui bin seong'

our history spoiler...!?!?! so watch at your own risk... hahahaha

Edited by czakhareina
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1

Lee Junho Praised for Quick Character Turnaround as the Obsessed Crown Prince in ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’

BY Shai Collins Dec 06, 2021 12:24 AM EST

"The Red Sleeve Cuff" lead star Lee Junho continues to steal the spotlight for his laudable acting in the historical-romance drama, and now as the jealous crown prince.

Lee Junho's Character in 'The Red Sleeve Cuff' Praised

Viewers were floored by Lee Junho's sudden character transformation in "The Red Sleeve Cuff."

Initially, his character is a cold, aloof, and arrogant crown prince who gears to become the King, but things seem to change when he meets court lady Sung Deok Im.

He disguised himself as the crown prince's teacher to Sung Deok Im to spend more time with her. Yi San enjoyed every moment he shared with Deok Im inside the library, until the crown prince realized that he was already falling for her.

the-red-sleeve-cuff-still.jpg?w=600?w=65

Later on, she found out that Yi San is the crown prince. Since then, their relationship blossomed. Sung Deok Im became his personal maid, which gave the royal highness a hard time to concentrate on his work.

On the other hand, Deok Im drew a line between them because of their status. But as they continued to be together, they developed special feelings for each other.

Crown Prince Yi San Blossoming Feelings for Sung Deok Im

In the previous "The Red Sleeve Cuff" episodes, Yi San secretly looked after Deok Im and enjoyed annoying the lady by making her write an apology letter over and over again to see her everyday.

In one scene, Yi San was walking inside the palace's garden and his thoughts were occupied by Sung Deok Im.

On his way, he saw the court lady wearing a beautiful hanbok and thought that she would marry the king. He rushed towards her to confirm his assumption.

He was angry that even the guards and Deok Im herself were clueless on why the crown prince was whining.

Yi San learned that Sung Deok Im was just having a dress rehearsal with the other court ladies for their upcoming ceremony.

Eventually, when he discovered Deok Im has feelings for him, Yi San became more straightforward to her. 

Yi San's Obsession to Sung Seok Im in 'The Red Sleeve Cuff' Episode 7 Receives Sizzling Response from Viewers

The crown prince found out he and the court have mutual feelings for each other. Yi San then confessed his love to her during their stay in one of his favorite places in the palace.

Sadly, as Sung Deok Im wishes to live her life, she rejected Yi San.

Since then, the crown prince became more authoritative and stern to the lady after this, unable to accept the love of his life turned him down.

In "The Red Sleeve Cuff" Episode 7, the two met at the library, and Yi San showed his obsession to Deok Im. For him, she is his person, and everything about her is exclusively just for him.

As Sung Deok Im is pinned to the wall while he caressed her face, Yi San almost strangled her and told her, "Your life solely depend on my decision. Your everything is mine. Never forget that you can die or live only on my will." 

Here, Lee Junho's acting instantly received sizzling hot response from fans online! Viewers commended the idol-actor for his character's sudden change from gentle to an obsessed royal.

The scene is also among the currently hottest and most talked-about "The Red Sleeve Cuff" scenes. Fans were astonished by how amazing Lee Junho and Lee Se Young delivered their lines.

LINK: https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123006/20211206/lee-junho-praised-character-turnaround-obsessed-crown-prince-red-sleeve.htm

The red sleeve cuff' 'Lee Se young', 12 facts you didn't know | Eng Subbed

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
14 hours ago, czakhareina said:

I think CL Jo is pretty genuine in thinking about protecting then court ladies, and her fear of San becoming crazed is pretty much realistic and expected, especially given that at those era they don't understand mental issues, heck even now eastern countries still have this adversity regarding acknowledging mental health issues.

I am sorry I have to disagree with this, I am not quite sure that her motive is sincere or not. Probably yes at the beginning but then it swiftly switched to her revenge as she got betrayed by the King, the king pick her best friend, San's birth grandmother. Like the old court lady who used to work for the late CP, she revealed that the CP went crazy because of she made him to think so and he did so. She puts the barrier between San's dad to the King. Then the misunderstanding grows uglier and bigger and it led to the King hated his son and it drove him to be crazy in the end. She even tortured the old court lady because she's trying to tell San's the old secret of what happened to his dad very brutally.

But I understand why those young court ladies are willingly following her. Because of her doctrin that San will turn like his father, again I really don't like how they label people as they want. Well, this is Joseon era not many people of those days knew about mental health issues and so on. So they fear of their safety and their well-being in the palace are at risk. CL Jo knew she can make use of this as her convenience to smooth her plan. 

14 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Also CL and Lecturer is pretty similar in character. very ambitious and smart. very scheming and very one tract mind when it comes to their goals. They have a very zealot mindset about their purpose that it trumps everything, CL is not above killing anyone and everyone, and that is the same for lecturer Hong. It really is a good thing at this point that they are on opposite sides, cause San would definitely be at a loss to fight against such scheming minds together. so for now, whatever of a sus character Lecturer Hong is, I am glad that for the most parts he is in San's camp

I like clever and elegant villain, I hate them but I like how they plan their strategy to scheme. As you elaborated, these two are brilliant. They don't fear anything and keep going to what they do. You right, if both are on the same boat against San, I'm glad they don't, it will be so hard for him to dealth with. I think the king must have thought this before putting Hong with the position of a royal lecturer. Hopefully he stays loyal to San.

Oh thanks for the clip, it's just great to see the different tone he used while practicing in the car to how he reenacts his lines in the actual scenes. I like how he deepen his voice to sound more charismatic, well most saeguk required the actors to sound differently when they speak Jeondaemal 존댓말 (formal language). And he did it very well  

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2

4 actresses with outstanding performances as female leads in 2021 historical K-dramas

Hachi1207 | December 8, 2021

c21a39a3cac245f28fddc53f35f60d1784c0c12e

These 4 actresses impressed the audience in this year’s most well-known period Korean dramas. 

2021 has been a memorable year for fans of historical K-dramas. In addition to captivating storylines, acting also plays an important role in the success of these dramas. Let’s take a look at 4 of the best female lead portrayals of Korean actresses in 2021 historical dramas.  

-- omitted some unrelated parts--

Lee Se Young – The Red Sleeves

She was famous as a child actress, similar to Park Eun Bin, but Lee Se Young is more well-known because she appeared in many more famous dramas such as “Dae Jang Geum” when she was a child and “A Korean Odyssey” when she was an adult. In the new drama “The Red Sleeve“, Lee Se Young plays a palace maid who wishes to have a free life of her own, instead of confining herself to the palace for the rest of her life. The Red Sleeves is a drama with a high rating in the Friday – Saturday time frame and Lee Se Young‘s acting ability is one of the drama’s most attractive points.

d3603a6315dd9f4067335021c114953554eb89d5

Lee Se Young portrays the image of a young palace maid with modern thinking at the time. Her interaction with the male lead Lee Jun Ho also surprised the public. Although her audience response is not as great as Lee Jun Ho‘s, Lee Se Young still has a large number of fans.

Entering the second year of the new decade, Korean dramas are now a fairer game for everyone.  Reputation is no longer an important factor to attract the attention of the audience, but only a good script and acting skills can conquer a large number of viewers.

LINK: https://kbizoom.com/4-actresses-with-outstanding-performances-as-female-leads-in-2021-historical-k-dramas/

4 Best Villains that Are Heating Up the Small Screen on the Weekends

by krishkim | December 3, 2021

257867173_448291050000703_86617334372189

Some actors are making their names known amid the fierce competition of weekend dramas. They are Jirisan‘s Lee Ga Sub, The Red Sleeve‘s Kang Hoon, Now, We Are Breaking Up‘s Yoon Na Moo, and Happiness‘s Baek Hyun Jin. They all clash with the main characters and exude presence as “anger-inducing” characters that add tension to the story.

First, Lee Ga Sub from Jirisan is a man Jun Ji Hyun and Ju Ji Hoon suspect as a serial killer. He was first seen as Jun Ji Hyun’s assistant but became the central key in the drama’s twist with his ambiguous attitude. On the other hand, Kang Hoon plays Hong Deok Ro, Junho’s aide, who comes into conflict with Lee Se Young, in The Red Sleeve. He has established his position as a villain from early on by revealing his ambition to extend his influence by using Junho.

Appearing on two dramas with 7% and 9% ratings, they have successfully left a deep impression on the viewers. Lee and Kang have honed their prowess, playing small roles in multiple projects for about ten years.

- omitted unrelated parts - 

Source (1)

Link: zapzee.net

2 minutes ago, Hyacinth0910 said:
Excited to watch them again on their radio guesting! 

me too.... hahahaha

wonder if they will drop hints on the show.. i wish they will hahaha

or share pics from the set...

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@czakhareina @Hyacinth0910 am excited too.   I have to say MBC is working hard with promo  & there’s plenty of shippy content for our Cham Cham Cham couple ! :smile:

lol hahaha true

though MBC does need to capitalize in this drama and in this drama seeing that this is their first drama in almost 3 years to get double digit...

My Shippy heart is over the moon... hahaha

Let's go cham-cham-cham!!!

More on GoodData and searches and popularity data

It really has been so surreal seeing Junho's name and his popularity reach here.

"Our House Junho" was the first Surge, but this all together is another level

even Viki seems to be promoting it now...

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1