The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

Hahaha christmas cryfest is upon us...

MBC is really clowning us with this schedule...

And then there is the New Year too...!!!

MBC also has veen showing this MBTI thing of the leads in their dramas

And i realized its only about 4 dramas. 1 i've watched, 1 i've dropped, 1 i'm currently watchjng and 1 i am planning to watch...

MBC really has a few dramas this year....

• Insightful 2

Happy Red Sleeve Friday, you guys....!!!

And new stills are here!

It's a date...!!! 

I love puppies, but me knowing they are both cat people makes me wish theu had a cat... hahaha

Novel spoiler

Prince Munhyo being smart and cute

Spoiler

Ending?

Spoiler

Not novel spoiler

Last filming location... its Consort Ui sung tomb area

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1

Sharing some stuff you can catch up with :)

An edited SanDeok clip with a BGM in it

More novel spoilers

Spoiler

Another interview translation with the author of the novel

Article on the stocks rise

In case you are curious of Seong Uibin's tomb location

Spoiler

• Insightful 1

Btw @abs-oluteM I may need to visit the drama's bulletin board again at MBC's website because so many viewers posted again omg

And actually the news on the 2 episode airing on the 25th didn't blow up at theqoo... I wonder how many pages will I end up seeing again

~

Sir, not that caption :letalQQ:

Some details found from the drama

Spoiler

I need to do some research soon

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Hang Out With An Adorable Puppy In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Get ready for an explosion of cuteness on the next episode of MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San attempted to confess his feelings to Seong Deok Im, but she stopped him and reminded him of the importance of his goal of becoming king. The couple then agreed to temporarily set their blossoming romance aside so that Yi San could focus on ascending to the throne.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Yi San and Seong Deok Im manage to spend some time alone together in a quiet area of the palace. Amidst the falling rain, the couple enjoys a sweet afternoon with an adorable puppy that’s sure to give viewers heart eyes.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1504152wpp/2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-hang-out-with-an-adorable-puppy-in-the-red-sleeve

Tension Escalates As 2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Deok Hwa Engage In A Turbulent Confrontation In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by 2PM’s Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER

Spoiler

Previously on “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San’s political opponents made various attempts to bring him down. They even plotted his assassination and pitted King Yeongjo (Lee Deok Hwa) against Yi San. Chief Court Lady (Park Ji Young) and Princess Hwawan (Seo Hyo Rim) also joined hands to further escalate the situation. Viewers are curious to find out if Yi San will be able to safely rise to the throne when King Yeongjo is gradually losing trust in him.

Newly released stills show King Yeongjo sitting upright on his royal throne, exuding an intense feeling of pressure. Yi San is kneeling before him while the other royal court officials are standing nearby. King Yeongjo’s gaze is terrifying, but Yi San refuses to yield as he stares determinedly up at his grandfather. Eventually, King Yeonjo grabs his collar, and Yi San’s eyes well up with tears, piquing curiosity about their upcoming conflict.

The drama’s producers hinted, “In the upcoming broadcast, Yi San will be facing a moment of desperation at the crossroads between abdication and dethronement. In the process, Lee Junho and Lee Deok Hwa will perform a suffocating scene. Please look forward to the energy of the two actors who will clash in a dynamic development.”

The next episode of “The Red Sleeve” will air on December 17 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Link: https://www.soompi.com/article/1504193wpp/tension-escalates-as-2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-deok-hwa-engage-in-a-turbulent-confrontation-in-the-red-sleeve

Man this stills and tge tension between LDH and LJH. Then add that framing between this two. :psweatduck:

This is why on one hand, I want to continue seeing these two and their very very complicated relationship play out in every scene. You Have Yeongjo, the monarch, the grandfather and the person that can readily kill San at any time and then San, the heir, the grandson and the person yeongjo wants to hone and mold into a perfect model and monarch.

But in the other I just want San to ascend which mean that King Yeongjo will die and no more Lee Deokhwa. 

@abs-oluteM

You are welcome...

And I wish they give us more SanDeok Moments. Maybe they milk that puppy date for like half the episode. I just love it when DeokIm impersonates San. She Does it with so much gusto and impudence. If anyone could see them like this, I bet it would be such a big deal for everyone that the ministers would call for the gallows... also they would know What San's ultimate weakness...

@suhodorable

I saw that link in twitter too, about the poem did. I just love detailing of this drama...

And regarding the stocks, i thought this drama was produced by NPIO? Is it the same or different?

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

And oh my goodness MBC is also promoting about Crown Prince's Double life :smug: for MBC gayo daejeon...

That fan who started needs a reward for this clever skit...

Hahaha

2PM IG post

San as Bodyguard

JYP nation released pics/gifs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Radio star host mentioning Junho and his ratings promise when they talled about ratings for drama One and Only You

ENG SUBBED

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

Spoiler Recaps for eps 11

On this day, Yeongjo was furious when he saw the crab cakes on the table. “Who would put this kind of food on my table ?”, holding a heated iron, pressed everyone, and swung it at San's mother - Hyebin Hong (Kang Mal-geum).

Lee San, who watched Yeongjo with anxious eyes, blocked the hot iron that flew at Hyebin with his hand and said, “Please don't punish mother. I will be punished instead .” Seeing her injured son's hand, Hyebin trembled and complained, "I'm not the one. I didn't prepare that food."

Lee San-eun , who had been glaring at Princess Hwa-wan (Seo Hyo-rim) and Sook-eui (Go Ha), asked Queen Joong-jeon (Jang Hee-bin), "Please take care of my mother. I beg you earnestly." And he told Hyebin , "Go out to Saga for a while."

Jungjeon accepted Lee San's request . Princess Hwawan sarcastically said, "Donggung (San) is asking you to protect Hyebin. It seems that your highness  and San have grown closer without me knowing."

However,  QueenJungjeon said, What can be so strong between an old woman and her grandson, who don't even mix a drop of blood? But today, I owe Lee San a favour , so I can't help paying the request.  If not for him we would be in bigge trouble together.”

When Princess Hwawan believed that she was her father , Yeongjo's favourite, Jungjeon said, "How foolish you are. Yes, you must be a favorite daughter. Think about it. What did you do to your child when His Majesty's authority really fell? I don't know what tricks you're up to , but  dare you  get me involved too?" she said furiously.

At that time, CL Jo (played by Park Ji-young) told Seong-deok-im (played by Se-young Lee), whom she met by chance, saying, "I have cherished you for a long time. I always thought I needed you. But I don't need you anymore." 

On the other hand, Deok-im heard of Lee San's misfortune and ran right away, but she could not enter the palace because she was a court lady who did not receive a license. She handed Hong Deok-ro (Kang Hoon), who was just entering the palace, a medicine that was good for burns, but he showed a lukewarm attitude. She wanted him to pass the ointment to Lee San

Later Lee San asked Deok-ro if he had seen Deok Im, but he lied, saying, "I didn't see her." Besides, he didn't even deliver the medicine that Deok-im gave him. Lee San tried to tell Deok-ro not to worry too much, but then stopped talking. When Deok-im, who was waiting outside, asked about the condition of Lee San's hand, Deok-ro said coldly, "You can ask him directly next time"

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Spoiler recaps for eps 11 (part 2)

Yeongjo visits Lee San, convinced that Hyebin Hong tried to harm him. Yeongjo says, “If you just say one word about your mother, you will do nothing wrong.” But Lee San asks him to punish him instead. Lee San counters, “Is it okay to erase the mother the same way you erase the father?” Yeongjo, who heard Lee San's story, said, "You are already the regent that has been ordered to do the tomb cleaning in my place. You either have to ascend , or you have to die.” 

Lee San took all the blame to protect her mother, Hye-bin Hong (Kang Mal-geum). As a result, Lee San suffered burns on his hands and was grounded to stay in his residence till the King decides what he wishes to do.

--------------------------

Meanwhile , Seo Sang-gung (Jang Hye-jin) said, “I know everything. Why do you hate becoming a concubine while you like for CP San so much? Even if you don't have the power of a queen , you can become a concubine,” she said.

Seong Deok-im said, “Why do I have to become a concubine if I fall in love? I don't want to live like that. New women come in one after the other ? They  must be young and pretty. I can't tolerat that, and I have to live with it. That's a concubine's life, so why do I have to live like that? San  is important to me. But I value myself the most. So I will never put myself in pain. Because if you can't have it properly, it's better not to have anything."

But to Seo Sang-gung why are you crying, Seong-deok-im said, “Because he is not safe. He has worked hard all your life  only to be a good King. He worked hard all my life, but in an instant, everything went to futile and his life was in jeopardy. I want to help him, but I don't know how to do it."

CL Park Sang-gung, who appeared at this time, asked if she would do it if she told her how to do it. Park Sang-gung said to Seong-deok-im, "You will protect Lee San whom I  raised with my own hands and couldn't protect the child. I've been thinking about the past all my life. No matter how much I regret it, it is just an irreversible past to me.”

Park Sang-gung, who wrapped Seong-deok-im's cheek, said, "But for you, it is now. The King made a promise. He promise to protect Lee San to the end and put him on the throne. His Majesty has forgotten that memory now. If  His Majesty has been afflicted with this disease where he  lost his memory, you must restore it. Only then can Lee San be able to safely ascend the throne. A document written by His Majesty's hand and stamped with a seal. Find that document and show it to His Majesty . and tell him please keep the promise that Crown Prince Sado made with his blood and life.”

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Spoiler recaps for eps 11 (part 3)

Seong Deok-im, who visited Hyebin Hong, showed the inscription on her shoulder as evidence and Hyebin said, "Hurry up to find Geumdeung-ji (the document to prove San is to be King) ." 

Hyebin Hong remembered Crown Prince Sado's nanny, Park Sanggung. Seong Deok-im told Hye-bin Hong, "The Crown Prince asked that Lee San  be placed on the throne if he would lay down his life. Hyebin Hong shed tears at the sacrifice of Crown Prince Sado.

Seong Deok-im said that there three clues to find the Geum-deung -ji : the ring finger held in the hands of Hwi-hang and Hye-bin Hong, which Park Sang-gung was trying to convey to Lee San, and the letters on her shoulder. These were the clues that Crown Prince Sado left only to the three most trusted people.

FG0HMx5UUAQ0Yke?format=jpg&name=small

Hye-bin Hong quickly explained what  Seong-deok-im showed her shoulders. Noticing, "The letters on your shoulder. Your father was the most trusted person in the Crown Prince. He engraved letters on your shoulder. "

----------------------
At the same time, Hong Deok-ro (Kang Hoon) heard that Yeongjo had opened a court in Jinsi, and insighted  the members of Dongdeok-ro to visit Donggung, and insisted on taking the throne from Yeongjo before he deposes Lee-san. So basically he wanted San to forcefully take the throne.  All of this was accompanied by the saying "I did it for the sake of the Crown Prince ." But Lee San nailed it, saying, "For me? I'll tell you what you'll do for me. Don't do anything. Don't take any ill will in your heart."

Hong Deok-ro insisted, "Why is this disgusting? It is only loyalty for the lower class. Are you afraid of the eyes of the world? The people want a wise king. They want him, not an old, sick, and insane king." Lee San expressed his affection for Yeongjo, saying, "You don't know. Why can't I obey you? The old, sick, and insane king you mentioned is my grandfather. My grandfather whom I truly love." Lee San chided Hong Deok-ro, and Hong Deok-ro was frustrated.

Meanwhile, Sung-sik (Yang Byung-yeol), Seong-duk-im's older brother, asked Seong-duk-im to not get involved in any more dangerous things and to leave with him. However, Seong-deok-im silently refused, and Seong-sik recognized the answer only with Seong-deok-im's expression. That San means a lot to her. 

Sung-sik gave a hint to find the Geumdeung-ji  instead. Seongshik said, "There is one secret of the letters engraved on your shoulder, there is only one thing I know." Seongdeok-im was splitting and pasting (reorganising)  the letters, but soon noticed the place where the Geumdeungji  was hidden. Seong Deok-im returned to the palace to inform Lee San about this.

Seong Deok-im, tried to speak to  Lee San. But the officials who were monitoring him  insisted that Yeongjo was waiting, and Lee San left only the words, "It's okay, Deok-im-ah. It's okay, don't be afraid. I will be  back soon."

Later Deok-im pondered with tears about what she should do and what she could do. Here she had the flashback of them playing with the puppy. 

Spoiler

On the sidelines, the disposition of Lee-san was discussed. Lee San said to Yeongjo, "Trust me," and knelt down and said, "There is a group of rebels who slander and slander me. . This was the Dongdeokhoe list that Jo clan pushed into Yeongjo through Hong Jeong-yeo (Jo Hee-bong). Hong Jeong-yeo drove Dongdeokhoe into Yeokdang.

Meanwhile, Seong-deok-im met Queen Jung-jeon Kim (Jang Hee-jin). Deok-im asked Jungjeon Kim to go to side with  Lee San, saying, “This is an opportunity to go out in front of everyone and play the role of mother. I am sure you don't want to take any risks. If Lee San is deposed, Princess Hwawan will love it. Your highness will have to  prepare to be like the scarecrow who will be locked up in the room and just embroider all day."

Jungjeon Kim was offended by the word "scarecrow," but said "I'll add in a good word for him. It wouldn't hurt to pretend to be a benevolent grandmother. But that's the end of it. Don't even think about moving me any more."

Seong Deok-im said, "It's enough," and said, "I'm going to tell you about Geumdeung-ji from now on." 

-------------------------

Yeongjo asked Lee San, "Do you have anything to say?" Lee San said, “Your Majesty has just left the darkness alone. A serious illness has occurred and it is now different from the past. You are no longer perfect. Everyone was just fooling around with his Highness and ignoring the problem. Your Highness fought painfully alone. Of course, Soson had to look after and protect it. One, I didn't do that. I know why. Because I was resentful of your Majesty. I had a deep-rooted resentment and didn't want to do anything. But now I know. The fact that even the resentment was foolish. The fact that it was a luxury that could be afforded to be alive. His Majesty was a great tree that protected his descendants throughout his life. Now I have lost that tree and my life is in jeopardy. Finally, sad and longing for him, he clings to His Majesty. Trust me, please ," he said.

Yeongjo was furious when he asked Lee San about the truth about his illness. Lee San replied, "Please believe in me. There is a group of scoundrels who slander me."

Yeongjo threw away the Dongdukhoe list, saying, "Does anyone know who leads this organisation ?" Hong Jeong-yeo (Jo Hee-bong) said, "It is a secret organization created by Donggung (Lee San)  to rise up as soon as possible."

Yeongjo was furious, saying, "You don't know how much I cherished and loved you,  Lee San." At this time, Yeongjo drew the soldier's sword and looked down at Lee-san.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 11 Clips

Spoiler

Episode 11 Thoughts

Man these are some heavy stuff they laid out today.

Grandpa losing his marbles yet his ministers seem  more intent in scheming against him or just staying in complete silence. They really are painting such truth in the politics where there is not such thing as loyalty.  And of how much a monarch's has control over the life and death of people. Thus people to just hold their tongue despite knowing and seeing their leader just be wrong due to dementia; cause they are afraid that they will be next target.

Then amidst it all, this ministers would do some political machinations and scheming, to protect their own hides.

But one thing I can say, is that Yeongjo was smart enough to know what type of person/heir San is. second he knows that  the end of his era is nearing as he is losing his marbles, and in that he will be ineffective as a King.

Thus him calling 3 of Sans trusted advisors to take action whenever he needs to be sidelined due to his condition, shows just how much of a ruler he is. He might have been cruel to his son Sado but for him to make a bit of contingency plan for San,  somehow  shows how much he care for his grandson.

And I for one, am in Deokro corner in his stance regarding King Yeongjo. At this point, they need to force abdication of a King that is not effective. An ineffective/crazy king plus a whole lot of ministers scheming for power doesn't bode well for the monarch and his people. This is not just about trying to save San from either being banished and killed, It is also about the stability of the monarch. As much as Deokro is al about San being King and him getting some of the power, this really is about making sure to transfer power before any more will cause disturbance in the kingdom. In his sane moments, Yeongjo probably see it as a negative light that San would place him above peace of the land. 

spacer.png

But these episode also shows such clarity for the romance,

We are finally Seeing the threads on why DeokIm was readily and was insistent on not being San's Concubine. She really should not have been born in that era (any woman in that era  and in any country does have that unfair place).

If she was living in the modern time, she most likely will be a career woman out to fulfill and pursue all possible dreams/goals imaginable. she is my kind of woman...! But here, It seemed like people want her to think that being his woman, his concubine should be the "goa;" and maybe it is. But also knowing what happens in harems, it should not be it...!!!

And as much as I bleed for San, Cause he does need someone in his corner... I Cause as what his grandpa mentioned before, he needs someone other than retainers to be by his side.Someone like a refuge and a place to just be at peace even with whatever chaos and suffering he is in. And DeokIm really is perfect for that role. And also i do think that any other girl would have been okay with that in that era, but sadly, I don't think DeokIm would be okay with that, just being his woman. and here lies out Mournful romance...

img.gif

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 11 Comments:

TRS, LJH and LSY has made me invested in ratings watch when i usually am not.. hahaha

Anyway I just hope the drama get more positive rating so that the cast abd crew will get some bonus they deserve. I hope they do get an overseas vacation, but eith the way things are with the new variant and increase trebd of Covid, its seems unlikely.  So i just hope everyone gets a bonus...

Anyway here is the Episode 11 Ratings

Still getting confused with how the real time ratings differ from this viewership ratings. I think the highest ratibg in viewership is 14% but realtime was 19.14%

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

News Articles

“The Red Sleeve” Lee Se-young hinted about a powerful scene with Lee Jun-ho: “We’ve discussed a lot about the skinship”

Hachi1207 | December 17, 2021

“The particular scene in the original novel is enough to make us wonder is it a 15+ or 19+ rating. Don’t miss the bed scene.”

Lee Se-young, the main actor of the MBC drama The Red Sleeve,” has revealed various stories about the drama. On Dec 15th, Allure Korea uploaded onto its YouTube channel a video titled, “There has been no such spoiler so far! Lee Se-young of “The Red Sleeve” told us all, from a bed scene to the death of Deok-ro? + Behind the scenes of the bath scene, and even her pledges for ratings.”.

Spoiler

Lee Se-young read the character description of “Deok-im” which she played in the mentioned drama and said, “This part was accurately described in the original (novel), which made me think about it a lot at first. I’m 30 years old now, but as I acted as an 18-year-old, the way people said that I was lovely made me think a lot too,” she said, expressing her feelings at the beginning of the filming.

She then talked about how the audience praised the drama as an “Undefeatable historical drama” and her “trustworthy historical drama visual”, saying, “This is only my second historical drama, but everyone has already given me so many praises. I’m so grateful,” she said, expressing her humility. She then continued, “I think they gave us such names because the script is fun and the background is beautiful.”

Meanwhile, Lee Se-young also revealed a behind-the-scenes story of the “bathtub scene” with actor Lee Jun-ho. She shyly said, “As our ages were described to be 15 and 19 in the original novel, we constantly felt nervous during the filming. We couldn’t show all of this in the drama, so whenever there was a physical contact scene, I had lots of discussions with the director”, adding, “That was the first time I saw a man’s body. And he (Lee Jun-ho) was half-naked, right? I was really surprised but curious at the same time… But I hope he didn’t realize that.”

Lee Se-young continued, “Actually, actor Lee Jun-ho was not feeling well on the day we were supposed to film the bathtub scene, so the date was set again. Since then, actor Junho has started taking care of his body and controlling his diet. We had to do a shooting right after the first filming. He had a hard time managing his diet because he had filmed a little too late. I really felt sorry for that.”

Regarding the enthusiastic responses from the viewers about Lee Jun-ho’s abs reveal, Lee Se-young said, “There might be no more abs revealing scene, but there will be a bed scene. We haven’t filmed that scene yet, but don’t miss it”, arousing audiences’ interest.

LINK: https://kbizoom.com/the-red-sleeve-lee-se-young-hinted-about-a-powerful-scene-with-lee-jun-ho/

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Fans are angry at “The Red Sleeve” as it ruined the original novel its original romance genre

Hachi1207 December 8, 2021

“The Red Sleeve” has reached a rating of 10%, but fans are angry as Lee Jun-ho and Lee Se-young’s romance is being pushed back by the story of Gwanghang Palace.

The popular MBC Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve” has made a big mistake. Lee Joon-ho and Lee Se-young‘s romance is decreasing, as the proportion of the story about “Gwanghan Palace,” which was not even in the original novel, has increased in the main story development. The ratings of “The Red Sleeve” is on the rise, but as it now focuses only on the drama that happened inside the palace after building everything with court romance, the drama now has to face a period of stagnation.  

Based on the narrative from the original novel of the same name of Jeongjo and Uibin, which is considered the best love story of the Joseon Dynasty, the “the King loved the court lady but did the court lady also love the king?” perspective added an interesting side to the story.  

What is more important than anything else is the push-and-pull psychological description of Lee San (Lee Joon-ho) and Seong Deok-im (Lee Se-young). As the Royal Consort Eui-bin Sung is well-known to future generations as “the court lady who rejected the King’s affection twice,” the biggest point to watch in this drama is how their romance unfolds.  

Spoiler

However, as the series is reaching its second half, when the romance between the two main characters, Lee San who finally realizes his love for Seong Deok-im and decided to pursue her and Seong Deok-im who tries to push him away even though she knows his feelings, is supposed to be built up, “The Red Sleeve” poured cold water on the audience by bringing out the court ladies’ secret organization “Gwanghang Palace”. 

This detail was not even in the original novel, but it appeared in the drama with the setting that Gwanghang Palace, a secret organization of court ladies led by the Head Court Lady Jo, tried to create a king that suits their desire. Gwanghang Palace appeared in earnest from episode 8 and even aimed at assassinating Lee San during his trip to pay tribute to his ancestors at the previous kings’ mausoleum.

The problem is that this detail occurred too many times from the later part of episode 8 until the ending of episode 10. “The Red Sleeve” recently extended 1 more episode to become a 17-episode series. Although the drama requires rapid developments, from how Lee San becomes King Jeongjo to the story of Sung Deok-im becoming Eui-bin Sung and her death, they decided to push back the romance of the main characters.

In the meantime, Lee San, a resourceful man, was drawn in an incompetent way and the laxity of the drama was also revealed. Even though the assassin squad was caught during his trip to visit the ancestors’ tomb, their existence suddenly disappeared. Lee San, who said he would reveal the hidden truth, was monitored by King Yeongjo, who moved the palace to the side of Daejeon due to the separation of Head Court Lady Jo and Hong Jung-yeo (Jo Hee-bong). The rebellion incident only revealed the truth of the royal inspector official then just made the viewers wait for his return to Hanyang.

Of course, appropriate conflict elements to push the drama developments could increase tension and deepen the relationship between the main characters. However, since the role of main and supporting characters seemed to be reversed and the main characters’ narratives were buried, there is no choice but to doubt the writer’s ability. It is such a regret that if they wanted to emphasize political events, the stories of characters such as the Dong Deok organization, Princess Hwawan or actual events were enough.

As a result, the viewer bulletin board of “The Red Sleeve” was flooded with protests. Netizens left comments such as “I want to stop watching the story of Head Court Lady Jejo”, “Please focus on Jeongjo and Deok-im”, “I’m sick of Gwanghangung”, “The main character Lee San only appeared for 17 minutes”…

“The Red Sleeve” chose to extend one episode in order to repay viewers’ support and deliver a more complete story. However, the prolonged development of episodes 9 and 10 raises suspicions that extending one episode is not to increase “the work’s completeness” but because of “the work’s success”.

Lee Jun-ho promised to dance to 2PM’s hit song “My House” in a Dragon robe (worn by Joseon kings) if the drama’s ratings exceed 15%. In response, viewers expressed their expectations that they would be able to see the pledge.

However, “The Red Sleeve” has been stagnant since the appearance of the Gwanghangung episode, with no further increase from the ratings of 10%. If this continues, it could be a downtrend, let alone Lee Jun-ho’s pledge. What viewers want is the enthronement of Lee San. “The Red Sleeve” is a full-fledged romantic drama about Lee San and Deok-im, including their pregnancy and childbirth. The clumsy political story is enough to season the two’s romance. In a situation where most of the filming has already been completed, it is up to the production team’s ability to calm down the angry viewers.

LINK:https://kbizoom.com/fans-are-angry-at-the-red-sleeve-as-it-ruined-the-original-novel-its-original-romance-genre/

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

4 most handsome male leads in 2021 historical K-dramas (ft. Lee Junho, Rowoon, and more)

From crown prince to commoners, these 4 Korean actors flawlessly transform into their characters in this year’s historical K-dramas. 

2021 has been an exciting year for fans of Korean dramas, especially the historical genre with the release of various quality series. Besides engrossing storylines, the male leads’ stunning visuals in historical settings also capture the hearts of the audience. 

1. Lee Junho (The Red Sleeve)

The hottest K-drama at the moment is definitely The Red Sleeve as its viewership rating consistently took first place in its time slot, surpassing even Song Hye Kyo’s Now, We Are Breaking Up. One of the most important factors that contribute to the drama’s success is the charm of “jealous crown prince” Yi San (Lee Junho). Not only boasting his handsome visuals, Lee Junho also steals the viewers’ hearts with his brilliant acting. 

FULL ARTICLE: https://kbizoom.com/4-most-handsome-male-leads-in-2021-historical-k-dramas-ft-lee-junho-rowoon-and-more/

OTHER ARTILES

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 1

Kang Hoon Praised for His Acting in MBC’s ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’

BY Shai Collins Dec 12, 2021 

Promising star Kang Hoon is receiving praises for his performance in the hit historical romance series "The Red Sleeve Cuff," which stars Lee Junho and Lee Se Young. 

Scene-Stealer Kang Hoon Lauded for His Performance in 'The Red Sleeve Cuff'

"The Red Sleeve Cuff," starring 2PM's Junho and Lee Se Young, is currently the most buzzworthy since is premiere in November. 

Apart from the lead actors Lee Junho and Lee Se Young, one of the drama cast members is stealing the spotlight, and it's none other than Kang Hoon, who plays the role of Hong Dong Ro, the crown prince's (Lee Junho) teacher.

In "The Red Sleeve Cuff" episode 10, Kang Hoon impressed the viewers for expressing his lines with a wide range of emotions. He started with a modest expression telling the crown prince that his people were waiting for him inside the palace.

Then, his tone and emotion abruptly changed when Yi San chose to stay with the court lady instead of facing his people.

Even in the previous episodes, Kang Hoon already showed his acting skills. His character continued to act with authority that the viewers immersed in his cold and sometimes pretentious character.

Kang Hoon Adds His Own Color in Portraying Hong Dong Ro

Kang Hoon conveys the emotions well and builds a stable connection to his co-stars onscreen. He made Hong Dong Ro's role even more special with his own strengths as an actor.

It has been said that his character has depth and ability to connect with the characters in a unique way. Kang Hoon also perfectly uses a tone that varies depending on the emotions that the scene and the script require.

Kang Hoon's acting is receiving favorable reviews from viewers as his character plays a very important role in the story. TRSC fans are now looking forward to seeing more of Kang Hoon in the upcoming "The Red Sleeve Cuff" episodes.

Kang Hoon started acting in 2017 with "Office Watch."

In 2019, he starred in "When the Devil Calls Your Name" and "Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung." Before he bagged his role in "The Red Sleeve Cuff," the 30-year-old star appeared in KBS' "Welcome" and tvN's "You Are My Spring."

Catch Kang Hoon every Friday and Saturday in "The Red Sleeve Cuff' that airs at 9:50 p.m (KST) on MBC and Viki

LINK: https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/123095/20211212/kang-hoon-praised-acting-mbc-the-red-sleeve-cuff.htm

'The Red sleeve' Hong Deok-ro and 'Hong Guk-young' 13 facts you didn't know!

Spoiler

10 things you didn't know about 'The Red sleeve' and Queen Jeongsun's 'Jang Hee-jin'

Spoiler

11 things you didn't know about 'Red sleeves' and 'Lee Deok-hwa' by Yeongjo

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Clapping Hands 1

2PM’s Lee Junho Finally Becomes King In “The Red Sleeve”

Dec 18, 2021 | by E. Cha

2PM’s Lee Junho will be rising to the throne on the next episode of MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER
On the previous episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San clashed with his grandfather, King Yeongjo (played by Lee Deok Hwa), who accused him of treason. The episode ended on a shocking cliffhanger, with King Yeongjo terrifying everyone by menacingly drawing his sword in front of Yi San.

However, in the drama’s upcoming episode, the crown prince will finally take the throne after surviving his life-threatening altercation with his grandfather. Newly released stills capture Yi San dressed in imperial robes as he sits imposingly atop the throne, having left his old garments and uncertainties as crown prince behind.

Additionally, now that Yi San has finally risen to power, he will be able to fully express his feelings for Seong Deok Im, who previously urged him to set aside their romance until he succeeded in becoming king.

The producers of “The Red Sleeve” teased, “As Yi San ascends to the throne, a new story will begin to unfold. Along with this [development], the king’s love for Seong Deok Im will grow even stronger, picking up the pace of their romance.

Please look forward to the heartbreaking love that will begin between Yi San, who has now become king, and Seong Deok Im, who wishes to remain a court lady, in ‘The Red Sleeve.'”

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1504325wpp/2pms-lee-junho-finally-becomes-king-in-the-red-sleeve

Junho as King Jeongjo and beside is King Jeongjo's portrait in 1776 when he was crowned King, he was 24yrs old...

Episode 11 Making

partly translated in English

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 12/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, abs-oluteM said:

So I think MBC had to consider that new generation of audience may not be able to handle outright polygamy in their face . So I guess they rather just not address this & leave the her out of the show 

Thank goodness.  But I would assume San didn’t have much an relationship.  But why is it ok for them to show the Kings concubine and Queen.. Maybe too much thought into it.

1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

The Red Sleeve” Lee Se-young hinted about a powerful scene with Lee Jun-ho: “We’ve discussed a lot about the skinship”

my jaw dropped open reading this.  looking forward to the scenes. 

5 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Grandpa losing his marbles

I love this reference.  can make me smile despite Dementia being a sad realistic reminder.  

5 hours ago, czakhareina said:

And as much as I bleed for San, Cause he does need someone in his corner... I Cause as what his grandpa mentioned before, he needs someone other than retainers to be by his side.Someone like a refuge and a place to just be at peace even with whatever chaos and suffering he is in. And DeokIm really is perfect for that role. And also i do think that any other girl would have been okay with that in that era, but sadly, I don't think DeokIm would be okay with that, just being his woman

Agree partly depending on which past time Deok Im would be in.  modern day Deok Im, would make me puke.  

this episode was very serious and intriguing.  Completely emerged with the breakdown of located the Kings promise.  even Deok Im Oppa was shocked how smart she is putting the pieces together.  I was wondering if he had a tattoo too.  Frustrated that he didn’t tell Deok Im the meaning of the tattoo in front of Princess Hyebin.  It would have sped things up.

Am glad to hear there will be 2 episodes released during the holidays. However just gives me the aggravation of wanting to sneak off and hide somewhere to watch this drama in peace.  

I am partly scarred from the intense ending of Kings Affection.  So I hope there will be an good ending of this drama. It’s rare for to watch so many good historical dramas at one time.  Guess 2021 going out in a bang.

• Clapping Hands 2

@czakhareina I will look into that company further later on, so I actually have that article bookmarked.

Trivia time:

Tbh probably the only thing episode 11 stresses me out is how King Yeongjo can no longer balance himself as a family member, and the effects of his regret in killing Crown Prince Sado is actually coming out now. There's one part near the end of episode 11 which made me think that he's spitting nonsense (about his father's expectations)...

• Insightful 1

@Mizv @czakhareina @suhodorable I just finished with subs.  I felt quite sad seeing the King's condition. He's state of mind deeply affected by his illness that he cannot differentiate past and present. Deep down the King loves San ( and I even think Prince Sado)....which is why it is hard. As the King he is under immense pressure to ensure the right successor but he is also a father & a grandfather. That's why he has such high expectations of San and is so tough on him.

Though there were not many SanDeok scenes, I love the longing they had for each other. And more importantly we know without a doubt that the feelings that Deok Im has for him is not just loyalty (which someone highlighted to me on twitter is also a form of love in those days) but she is in love with him. That is why it bothered her that she will be just one of the many women that would come into his life. Yes, Deok Im is born in the wrong era.

Also I like how KangHoon is playing Deok Ro. I like that he has this quiet intensity in his gazes , and you can see how insecure he is when he sees Deok Im because he does not want to be replaced as San's most trusted person.

@Hyacinth0910 Are you caught up with today's episode? 

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Junho IG for today

He is now "My palace" dragon robe Junho

Lee Seyoung looking gorgeous on Allure Magazine Jan2022 edition

She looks so pretty. And This makes me continue praying for a magazine spread with Sandeok couple...

EPISODE 11 Making Story A | English Subs

@Mizv

I think the oppa didnt say anything infront of Lady Hyegyeonh, is probably because wanted for both of them to run away from all the scheming and chaos.

If he volunteered the information infront of San's mom, them siblings would have be sucked in these fight for succession and court politics, and he knows how powerless and easy it is foe them to just lose their lives like their parents.  So in divulging any information, they will never be free of relationship and connection with the royal family; and an easy life. 

Thus he waited until he was able to ask DI, and seeing for himself how invested she is and how he wont be able to get her to leave, he finally gave the information he knew so that he can help DI. 

So i think  oppa here is helping this quest foe the document lf truth all for his little sister DI. He doesnt really care about the succession or loyalty or whatever. 

• Insightful 2