The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

Baby munhyo pic in his TRS costume

.... ohhh he is in for episode 15.

And as far as i know kid Munhyo is for Ep16.

So i guess episode 15-16 will be our happy family scenes....? 

More pics + video of cutie pie

Spoiler

Junho updated his IG today | Dec 23, 2021

... of the last moments between King Yeongjo and Crown prince San

Junho also updated his IG story with reply to his nephew food truck to the set

Spoiler

They are adorable...! Awesome fam...!!!

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 1

Scuh a nice read

An interesting review on DC Inside on how  LEE SEYOUNG portrayed an “unimportant humble court lady” impactfully in just a few seconds in the ending of Ep5:

Lee Seyoung Ig Update | December 23, 2021

..eating corn

First look with filming ended

Spoiler

Korean fans promotions of TRS...

Edited by czakhareina
  • Clapping Hands 1

I've been avoiding this thread because I haven't had the chance to watch the episodes. Don't want any spoilers. RL been so busy that I've purposely put this drama on hold because I want watch it properly, savouring and not in a rush. So, I've just now finished ep.8, haha... I know I'm late, but I should be able to catch up by binging these 2 days. 

Quick thoughts for ep.8, since I'm sure you guys have discussed it a lot. (I haven't back read on the thread)

- Teared up when Deok Im was able to jog the King's memory with her vivid storytelling, complete with olfactory aid to heighten the senses. And I love that through this, San found out that she is that little girl he's been looking for. 

- What kind of cult/sect is that HCL Jo is trying to build?? :nervous: So scary, with veiled faces some more, as if they cannot recognise who is who behind the veils. Poor CL Seo being forced into becoming part of it. And even pitier CL Park for being beaten up and torture like that. Me no like HCL Jo. Probably whatever CL Park accused her of is true in regards to Sado...

- Urgh, princess HwaWan is still so grating as ever. I feel sorry to the actress for always saying mean things of her character. 

- Yes, finally they find out about their childhood connection. Always love, love, love seeing their private rendezvous at that place. And that hug... so tight :love: OST#4 is so nice....

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Am impatient now.  I wanna know what going happen The ironic thing is I will regret watching the last 2 episodes. Apparently it’s going to be sad  ending and I will ball my eyes out with tears on nye. Ironic. 

I truly want to read the book so bad!  Am stalking like a sniffy dog on Twitter for little pieces translated here and there. Sad. :lmao2:

• Haha 2

@Mizv

I feel you, i usually am a marathon watcher than the live watching one. But i knew thag with my latest fan-turning-stan status for Junho i knew i was in frustration and regrets as i know will be watching his comeback drama live. 

And like you i am dyung for the book translations. The last i was this into a book translation was Nirvana In Fire. 

Twitter has been my mode of dose for all things TRS drug: book translations, spoilers, making/BTS interviews and etc. I have been going in and out elation and withdrawal these days... its nerve wracking... hahahaha

@ktcjdrama

I really want to thank you for starting the thred. Been spamming it since i first saw and. Hahaha

The childhood connection reveal was so sweet. And i think it was probably the first time DI let her guard down around San by falling into the hug. I can watch them forever in the secret garden hugging like that..

Additional cast/character alert

Info on the new character based on history, though its in korean:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

I really want to thank you for starting the thred. Been spamming it since i first saw and. Hahaha

I should thank you for keeping this thread alive! I'm just so bad in finding news and tidbits for a drama, hahaa...

Ep.9 thoughts (not in order)

- I shall start from the end... I didn't expect it at all, but I just can't help my tears flowing when San saw Deok Im in a distance and ran towards her. It's such a cliche scene but somehow felt so raw (given what both went through moments ago) that I cried seeing them running towards each other. Then the falling into each other's arms, and the endearing exchange of protecting each other. I like that Deok Im told San directly that it was her who flew the kite, and how San admitted he immediately knew that it was her. Gosh, PD-nim and writer-nim, please let this sweetness last longer and don't bring in the melo too soon and too much... 

- Also love the way San looks at Deok Im so tenderly when she was sleeping. I actually got goosebumps as he was trying to caress her face. That scene was well done and I thought it was very romantic even though nothing happened, haha... Another romantic part was when at the beginning, amongst the kites, he was holding her hand and let it go gently... I enjoy seeing San being exasperated look every time he's around Deok Im and she's not responding to him the way he wants her to.

- Guard Kang is soooo hilarious thinking that he let Deok Im passed because he caught some zzzz's while guarding San's room, and how worried he was to be sent back to his mother who will be disappointed to have him home. Happy to see there's still humour laced into the episode as the mood gets more serious. He keeps growing on me, so please let nothing bad happen to him. Love to see his relaxed relationship with San too, as he asked to drink together if he survive the ambush.

- Scary to see what HCL Jo has cooked up all this time. Those troops she has build up is no joke. I know she has the support of Left Minister, but who else is on her side? When you think of it, how is the king or royal family is going to survive, having such a HCL?? Who to trust now for San, who knew that it's an insider's job? He could be killed at any time in the palace secretly. Anyway, if San is not to be the King, who is Jo trying to put on the throne then? I guess it's true that a HCL can really be the King-Maker of the nation. I shudder...

- Not sure if it's right, but I kinda agree with what Deok Ro suggested to San, that he should hold off to investigating the disappearance of the little girls. Being a leader needs to think and act strategically as well, not just driven by emotions and moral obligations. It's interesting to know that San has always felt Deok Ro is not yet on his side fully. Kinda sad because San must be quite disappointed about it. This could also be because he thought he owed Deok Ro his life, when it was Deok Im who saved him when he was younger.

- The fight at the end was well done in the way it was interspersing the scenes of what San's going through and Deok Im running back to his place. I thought the fighting itself was quite well done too. We see San struggling and almost hurt, and the save was appropriate, not unbelievable. I wonder if that unnie CL returned the second round and was caught or not. 

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@Mizv @czakhareina I wish they won't rush all the episodes- 3 this weekend! This is Christmas weekend ( I won't be able to live stream since I will be celebrating) and I am sure a lot of folks will be busy in SK too . Will it affect ratings ? I am concerned only bc I would love to see Jun Ho dance. LOL 

Is there no pre-released? 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Lee Seyoung IG Update clip

...lee seyoung stating that tonight is her favorite scene..!

..and i was like :smug: She is such an adorable tease...

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Mizv @czakhareina I wish they won't rush all the episodes- 3 this weekend! This is Christmas weekend ( I won't be able to live stream since I will be celebrating) and I am sure a lot of folks will be busy in SK too . Will it affect ratings ? I am concerned only bc I would love to see Jun Ho dance. LOL 

I think most Kfans are pretty much worried about that. I think @suhodorable posted in twitter about the petitions regarding scrapping the 2-episode airing, especially sincs they are airing it deep into the night. And that would definitely affecr rhe ratings...

I do hope it doesn't cause if it does, it feels like MBC is shooting themselves on the foot, which seems stupud given that this is their most successful drama in 2 years....

I do hope that the audeince is invested enough after 12 episodes to see through the drama on the love story of San and deokIm.

• Insightful 2
1 minute ago, czakhareina said:

lee seyoung stating that tonight is her favorite scene..!

Bed scene??? ahahahah

2 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

I do hope it doesn't cause if it does, it feels like MBC is shooting themselves on the foot, which seems stupud given that this is their most successful drama in 2 years....

I do hope that the audeince is invested enough after 12 episodes to see through the drama on the love story of San and deokIm.

Agreed. Wonder what is the rush.  They can always air Tracer week later. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Ep.10

- Urgh, Deok Ro is jealous. Although what he said are valid. He is a very practical person. Obviously never been in love, not knowing that boy-girl love is just different from appreciation of 

- Again, ordinary scenes of the OTP, yet touching my heart so much. The library scenes and their scenes outdoor before parting. And at last and at least we get a kiss on the forehead. That's progress, right?! I'm so tortured with this slow burning romance between these two! It's clearly there, but it's not there. You know what I mean? I'm falling deeper in love with San, or Junho? Hahaa...

- How dare Deok Ro look down on San's affection for Deok Im by suggesting that he indulge himself in it and the passion will be gone? :mad:

- Okay, the second half of the episode was quite nerve-wracking for me when Deok Im is snooping around HCL Jo's place up to the dungeon to find the scroll. I had to stop here first. I know nothing will happen to her since she is the lead and I did catch some glimpse of newer episodes stills. But it's still so tensed that I need a break, haha... Be back soon. 

MTDzeiV.gif

58 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Bed scene??? ahahahah

Agreed. Wonder what is the rush.  They can always air Tracer week later. 

I was really confused when they said Tracer will air on Jan7. I think tracer is not really an MBC to start with, right? Like they only announced tracer under MBC about 2 weeks ago. And this drama is mainly a wavve produced/streamed drama. I dont get how they are willing to accomodate wavve this much at the expense of TRS. I mean I am big fan of Siwan, Go Ahsung and Son Hyonju, but it really feels weird how they could not just moce tracer's premier a week after. They did it so easily for TRS....!!!

I really hope this rushing wont affect negatively TRS...

The ginger candy of san as posted by staff(?)

Major spoiler

Spoiler

Like for real, click at your own spoiler risk

Spoiler

This scene will probably be at episode 15... sooo

Spoiler

I know some would already know this scene if they've checked the history. History is the spoiler...

Spoiler

Engding scene Episode 9 BGM pianos cover

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Preview Episode 13

LJH IG update:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ep.10

- Urgh, Deok Ro is jealous. Although what he said are valid. He is a very practical person. Obviously never been in love, not knowing that boy-girl love is just different from appreciation of 

- How dare Deok Ro look down on San's affection for Deok Im by suggesting that he indulge himself in it and the passion will be gone? :mad:

But San is somekind of guilty of thinking the same. In episode 4 when he told DI "i only notice you today cause it is your first day, but if you are always next to me someday i will see you no more. As you are only a court lady out of many and of no consequence" 

But then our boy fell hard. He ate his own words.

And here we are with a king who pines for his courtlady, and the with courtlady herself who tries to wiggle out of his proposalz and rejecting all things alike, tangerines ans feelings...!

• Like 2

More iG updates of the cast

Baby Deokim sharing pic with adult San

Loyal Left Guard aka Oh daehwan with silent but relient eunuch aka Yoo Yeonshik

2PM’s Lee Junho Pulls Lee Se Young Close In A Romantic Moment On “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Get ready to feel the butterflies on the next episode of MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by 2PM’s Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San finally ascended to the throne—and becoming king gave him the freedom he needed to openly pursue Seong Deok Im. The episode ended with San proposing to Deok Im by telling her, “I want you to become my family.”

As viewers wait to find out how Deok Im will respond to his proposal, the drama has released new stills of a romantic moment from its upcoming episode. While spending a quiet moment alone together at night, San boldly pulls Deok Im into his arms, catching her off guard with his forwardness.

To find out what transpires between Yi San and Seong Deok Im following his proposal of marriage, tune in to the next episode of “The Red Sleeve” on December 24 at 9:50 p.m. KST

Link: https://www.soompi.com/article/1505336wpp/2pms-lee-junho-pulls-lee-se-young-close-in-a-romantic-moment-on-the-red-sleeve

• Heart Eyes 2

More on Translations LEE SEYOUNG's interview/feature on ALLURE

....extreme sadness and heartbreaking feeling?

And then PD jung is also caught mentioning how worse it will be for the part of DI's death...

Ohmy this drama is really gonna break me and want me dead. :cry::pandasadspoon:

Seeing this magazine photoshoot of LSY...

She looks gorgeous and prettyyyyy.... :wow2::CharmanderYay::wow:

.... and now i wanna scream: where is my SANDEOK photoshoot....?!?

Where, where? WHERE? Drama gods?

Magazine goddesses? Photoshoot spirits? Anyone? Please....

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Found a blessed user on Twitter posting a live link that worked.  

FAIL! There is no kiss.  San is drunk and fell asleep 

definitely will just binge watch the final two episodes. My sleep pattern is messed up right now trying to watch live.  So frustrated not knowing what was being sad.  But was sad to see DeOk sister coming in as concubine… I think Deok Im rejected San again because he had an intense conversation with her. Family Duty .  Have a great holiday!  Will try to peak here once and while 

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1

Well, that nerve-wracking scene at the end of ep.10 ended rather anti-climatically, haha... I wonder how Deok Im and CL Seo brought CL Park out of the dungeon though.

Ep.11-12 thoughts

- Before it was Deok Im imagining San by her side, now it's San's imagining Deok Im by his side tending his wounded hand. These two.... the feeling is so deep but they're able to hold it in. Wow... 

- Lost count already on how many times Deok Im saved San. She is really a smart person who is able to figure out the best solution, and has good persuasive skills too.

- I actually teared up when the King was crying over HCL Jo killing herself. Indeed a mean and cruel person she is. 

- Still find it hard to see the mother-son pairing of princess HwaHan and her adopted son. Anyway, what happened to him? 

- Can't stop my tears when San was mourning over the King's death. What great performance of these two actors during this scene. I love to see how San was reminiscing his grandfather towards the end of the episode as he was reflecting upon his new responsibility as the ruler of the nation. 

- Oooo, that ending... what a prim and proper olden time proposal! So boring, yet it made me so excited... hahahaaa... Just say "yes" Deok Im-ah!

I appreciate the production doing away with some unnecessary scenes for the sake of storytelling. We get to know from the conversation and that is enough ~ CL Park's death, King's funeral, San's ascension...

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Episode 13 clips

Spoiler

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Mizv said:

Found a blessed user on Twitter posting a live link that worked.  

Have been trying/watching live since episode 3. Sometimed my net is good and i can watch with bated breath trying to decipher from their fcial expression and the little korean i know. But most times i stalk twitter for updates. 

It really is so frustrating trying to ubderstand what is happening.

But christmas eve changed plans and i was abke to watch live streaming of check twitter so waited for subbed vids to be released. And i think i'll do that foe tonight. Will wait for subs for both episode to get the full experience.

I really hope MBC didnt shoot themselves in the foot and that the ratings will increase for tonight.

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2