The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

Happy NYE to everyone globally.   
surprised today I am BoRed out of my mind! Covid loves to ruin vacation plans .  I thought I would binge watch dramas this weekend to kill time but have been endlessly scanning through dramas. ATTENTION WRITER/PUBLISHER : Many want to read Red Sleeves Cuff so bad!  please please listen to your global audience.  Print the English version!  I guarantee you will make lots of moo moo.   

now back to be bored…. I am silently refraining from watching live episodes 16 and 17. I must enjoy being immersed into the drama. Happy new year to everyone! mwah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Happy new year everyone! Are you all ready ? I feel that I would find it hard to let go..

Ooo look at this...hmm 

Naver says - hot and passionate! But this is MBC...:laugh:

FH-xhVoVcAANB9U?format=png&name=small

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hwabin's last attempt to try to get Deok Im in trouble with the sleeve thingie her brother got for her saying she's "cheating".

She's an annoying one that Hwabin. 

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I am not ready, this is one of the saeguk I really fond of and watch religiously this year. Many of them are postponed or even dropped midway. 

That stupid hwabin will be pranked by her own trick, I'm going to sit back and enjoy she makes fun of herself. 

29 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Naver says - hot and passionate! But this is MBC...

Btw why does she wear that clothes? I mean do they put her on fancy royal dress first? Why if it's MBC, they won't give it us thst hot and passuonate? Lols. They show king oppa hot dance with other girl why not this then? :lmao2:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Last night he hot dance with GG and today he's lying on someone else's lap tsk tsk tsk :lmao2:

Lucky man!

------------

This was an insightful article about the social commentary portrayed through Deok Im's character.

I extract a bit here :

The reaction of the youth of the 21st century to the words & actions of the youth of the 18th century based on political correctness was very hot.  Not because she is the main character that transcends status. This is because she confirmed the value of life that the youth of the 21st century should aim for through the words and deeds of Sung Deok-im, who judged right and wrong with her own thoughts and take on injustice despite the limitations of the feudal system. The economic inequality and unfairness of opportunity in our society today are just as serious as in the days of the feudal dynasty. It is like a feudal class system reproduced by capitalism. As such, the awakening of the younger generation, who are trapped within the framework of the older generation, is urgently needed.

https://www.hani.co.kr/arti/culture/culture_general/1025585.html

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I find Hwabin to be not a smart person... when you know a man loves someone sooooo much, when you persecute that person, he will only defend and love her more, and detest and avoid you more 😂

Anyway, we cannot watch tonight 😭 Subs won’t be out until much later or tomorrow morning. So I am going to be with swollen eyes probably for the first Sunday of 2022 😆

I don’t think I want to catch it live, because sometimes not knowing what is said made the viewing less enjoyable as there could be misunderstandings. 

😭😭😭... I too am really not ready to let go and say goodbye to this drama. 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

LOL... I actually ended up watching also :laugh:

It's quite frustrating. The part where she was being interrogated, she only answered very simply and briefly the questions asked of her. Did you meet a man outside? Did you receive the gift? And she kept only saying yes, yes, yes... not explaining the person she is meeting is her brother. Queen Dowager sent everyone out and continued to pressure San, who does not believe Deok Im has a rendezvous with a man outside the palace. Btw QD is unhappy with Deok Im now because she wouldn't want to come to her side. So she is somehow trying to make things difficult for her. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Urgh, that Hwabin is really super annoying! Can we have the last scene of her please after this confrontation?!!

So after the talk with San, QD summoned Deok Im back. San's mother is the one entering the room, holding the hand of Deok Im, having been informed by CL Seo about what's happening to Deok Im. She clarified to QD that the person is Deok Im's brother, but Hwabin so confidently argued back that it couldn't be her brother because of the different name. San's mother explained how he is taken into her household and confirmed that they're the children of Sado's trusted staff. Hwabin continued to push for punishment of Deok Im because she is the daughter of the staff of Sado, who is a criminal. San burst in fury. He yelled "I am the son of Sado!"  LOLOL, I literally laughed out real loud here. Serves you right, Hwabin!! She quickly asked for forgiveness.

San huffed and left the place, ordering CL Seo to immediately take Deok Im away from Hwabin's service (CL Seo so happily answered "yeee") and to send Deok Im to his room for the night (CL Seo shockingly answered "yeee?!")... I laughed out loud again. 

O, I guess I have to thank Hwabin after all... She is the one who pushed the two together, lol...

Looks like the hot bed scene is happening soon. 

When Deok Im returned, CL Seo was waiting for her outside. DI assured her that everything is fine now, don't worry. CL Seo just solemnly answered that it's not the end yet, she has somewhere to go to, and explaining that DI is a court lady stuff like that. She led her and get her bathed, telling her that the King has summoned her, a court lady, so she must go. And so Deok Im was dressed prettily and went to San's room. After she sat down, she asked about the time when San was so angry about her sleeve covers. More talk, then he acknowledged that for Deok Im, her brother and her friends are more important than him. More talk... so sad, San said he loves her but it's okay if she doesn't love him back. His confession is so gentle... All the time he had been holding her hand, he asked for Deok Im's answer. As he is pulling back his hand, she finally took his hand with both her hands. So he kissed her. So very gentle :love: It was a hot kiss... but sorry guys, no hot bed scene :lmao2:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

A quick recap for eps 16 (part 1)

“I missed you,” said Lee San,  Lee San who asked, “Will you come to me?” Deok-im replied, “If you order it.” When Lee San asked again, “Do you have any desire to come by yourself?” Deok-im answered, “Maybe.” However, Deok-im soon said, “Maybe more than that, I want to be in my place.”

Spoiler

The next day, Deok-im recalled Lee San's words, 'My heart hurts when you cry' and 'I missed you'. At the same time, Deok-im’s older brother Seong-sik (Yang Byung-yeol) said, “I passed the special exam. I was assigned to the Eo Young Office,” he said, showing his pass. Deok-im said, "Brother has become a military officer just like his father," and gave it as a gift for the ceremony.

Meanwhile, Lee San received a request from Queen Dowager to release her brother who was in exile, saying, “Daebi’s older brother, Kim Gwi-ju, is ill.” However, Lee San-eun went to her (Jang Hee-jin) and told her that he refused

To the contrast who asked, “Can I not trust this person?” Lee San said, “I trusted Hong Deok-ro too much.” “Even knowing the outcome. I don't want to make the same mistake," Lee San replied.

Queen Dowager trembled in anger and said, “I hope nothing is going on with my brother. For me as well as for the owner.” She gave a subtle intimidation. He then went to find Hwabin and said, “It’s not for the sake of the owner. It is for others,” she said - agreeing to help Hwabin with her Deok Im problem

Before that she  invited Deok-im to become her own person, but when she refused, saying, “It’s too bad,”  So Queen Dowager and Hwa-Bin caught Deok-Im and charged her with the crime of 'having an affair with an outsider'.

Lee San, who went Hwa-bin's place , was surprised to see the scene of Deok Im kneeling . He tried When Hwabin said , “If you cheat with an outsider, you will be executed!”, Hyegyeonggung (Kang Mal-geum) came in.

Spoiler

Hyegyeonggung revealed that Seongsik and Deokim are real siblings, and that their  father was the guard who served Crown Prince Sado. Lee San, who had refused  Dae Dae's request to make a deal, was relieved at that time and said, "How come you didn't tell the truth? I only need to tell you one word,” he said with a broad smile.

When the story was revealed, Queen Dowager was embarrassed and could not open her mouth, but Hwa-bin still did not understand the situation. Even though the crowd has turned cold, Hwabin said, “It is because I am a sinner who served a rebel. Crown Prince Sado is a traitor!”

Lee san couldn't stand it any longer at Hwabin's words and deeds, who had crossed the line. “I am  the son of Crown Prince Sado!” Hwabin stopped only when he saw Lee San who was angry.

“Does Mama think the same way? If that had been the case, there would have been a lot of work for Soson to do!” Lee San's warning, Daedan bowed his head. Enraged, Lee San left Hwa-bin's residence and told Seo Sang-gung (Jang Hye-jin), "Now, Deok-im will not be send to Hwa-bin!" To the delighted Seo Sang-gung, Lee San added the command, “Let Deok-im go into my bed!”

I will recap a bit more about the bed scene shortly

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

In the morning, the seniors (guards and CLs) who are standing watch outside got a bit impatient because none of them are out yet. Inside, the two continued their kissing when they woke up.

Back at the CL quarters, DI's friends looking for her, worried that she was not back last night. Some CLs whispering at the distance, one of them went to find out and told the other two that DI has "received the grace of King" ~ that's how they term it, lol.... Cut to the 3 of them in front of nicely dressed DI, asking whether they need to call her mama now, the more outspoken one said no she doesn't want to do that. The one crushing on Deok Ro asked DI if this is a good thing, when DI didn't answer, she worriedly asked so this is a bad thing? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Eps 16 Part 2 ( bed scene)

Before going to Lee-san, Seong Deok-im took a bath, put on makeup, and put on a beautiful hanbok. Seo Sang-gung said to Seong-deok-im in front of the bed, “You are a court lady. You have to do whatever the Highness wants you to do,” she said.

Seong Deok-im, who was in the bed, said to Lee San, “Are you angry with So-in (me)  about what happened today? So, like I said before, is there a punishment coming? There was a time when you said that I would be punished for untying my clothes . If I don't receive the rank of a concubine , you said I  will retreat to the back room and rot . So it's meant to be a punishment."

Seeing how well she spoke , Lee San, said, “You, who was dignified in front of the previous kings, were just trembling today. I wondered what the reason might be. Was your brother so precious? Were you afraid of doing any harm? Your brother is more precious to you than me. Just like your comrade is more precious than me. Deok-im, I lost you so many times. Each time, my stomach burned, but I didn't say anything. no more Now, I will never lose you again.”

Lee San, who pushed the wine table, embraced Seongdeok and said, “Even if you don’t love me, you are mine. Don't cry alone where I am no longer. Don't be hurt by anyone other than me," he whispered.

Seongdeok-im, saying that you will regret it when the sun comes up, says, “Your Majesty, it is enough to forget. I will lose everything.” She answered and pushed Lee-san away. He said, “I made a promise to you . I will protect you until the day your Highness ascends to the throne. I kept my promise and did my best. I have nothing more to give. Let me go."

Taking Seong Deok-im's hand, Lee San said, "Can you live without seeing me for the rest of your life? Tonight if you really reject me I will let you go. Instead, I'll never see you again. Today will be the last for you and me. I adore you & you don't have to love me. I don't care what kind of heart you have for me. If only you could stay by my side answer me Do I really have to let go of this hand?” he asked.

Hesitating in her  answer, San let her hand go but  Seong Deok-im grabbed Lee San's hand. Seeing that, Lee San kissed Seong Deok-im. Followed by bed scene! 

FIBUTFSUYAMIIh0?format=png&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

We're starting to be presented with potential unpleasant situation that DI is placed in now. QD told San that he's put DI in a dangerous position, because DI has no intention to be a hoogoong, then CL Seo and San's guard have a talk also. Even though San's guard is very happy because he thinks DI is a good person and she won't meet a good king like San, CL Seo reminded him, a good king does not mean a good husband. She is looking all worried actually....

They spent a lot of time together, and DI got pregnant. San is very happy to hear the news and rushed out, but suddenly he stopped, remembered something, so he turned another direction.

Okay, I think I can't continue watching anymore. I want to wait for subs. 

DI's friends are just precious... Kyung Hee (the outspoken one) got into a fight because the others are talking bad about DI, it seems. That the King has not summoned for DI again, something like that. DI said it doesn't matter, she is just happy knowing she stood up for her. Evening, DI returned to the place where CL Seo is waiting so impatiently, asking where has she been? the King's been waiting for her for so long. She was fussing like a mother about her dirty hanbok when San walked out, and immediately switched to formal talking to DI.... CL Seo left and our couple hugged and kissed by the front yard.

Hmm, it's kind sad I feel, because once a while we get to hear DI's worried thought being together, while San is genuinely happy they're together. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif