The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

Pregnancy news

Three months later,  Seong Deok-im first told her comrades when that her period was cut off. Seong Deok-im waited until it became clear to her friends who were suspicious of her being pregnant, saying, "I'm not sure," and then expressed his desire to inform Lee San (Lee Jun-ho) as well.

Afterwards, Seong-deok-im said that she was sick and avoided sleeping with San, and Lee-san was worried about Seong-deok-im 

Later, Seong Deok-im was diagnosed by a medical woman that she was pregnant. Upon hearing this, Lee San smiled with joy and hurriedly tried to go to Seongdeok-im . But soon, San hesitated and didn't go. 

Instead of coming to visit, Lee San sent Kang Tae-ho (Oh Dae-hwan), the chief of staff, and sent a message saying, "Your Highness can't come tonight, so please don't wait."

Seo Sang-gung (Jang Hye-jin), who came with him, told the story of Lee San's reason for not visiting. "Your Majesty is in Junggungjeon ( his Queen's residence ) . He will be staying there tonight." Seo Sang-gung said, "Jungjeon Mamma wanted to be pregnant  for a long time, but she was not able to do so. Since you were only for married three months and become pregnant  after you received Seung-eun (became concunbine) , Mama (Queen)  must be heartbroken.” she explained.

Deok-im understood but could not hide her sadness.

202201011752056110_2.jpg

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Honestly @ktcjdrama even with all these sweet scenes, it is bitter sweet and I can feel Deok Im's loneliness. While San was very happy , she was always a bit sad:

After that, Lee San frequently visited Deok-im and confessed his heart, saying, "I will not let you go any more."  Deok-im kissed Lee San, saying, "I am yours," but hid the regret that "Your Majesty will never be mine."

:nervous:

Anyway , after the night where he went to see his Queen to comfort the latter he came to see her at dawn. He was so happy saying that "You and I have become a family"

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly @ktcjdrama even with all these sweet scenes, it is bitter sweet and I can feel Deok Im's loneliness.

Yeah... I've decided to hold off watching ep.17... I want to wait for subs, and I think my heart can only take this much tonight... I feel that it's really sad that Deok Im could never enjoyed fully the love from San, but always thinking about how he could never be hers fully when he is so devoted to her. I know she has the rights to feel that way, but it's just sad that she kept her expectations high and not willing to lower them given the status that cannot be changed. At one point she asked San whether he's thought about what life will be like if they were just commoners, not a king, not a court lady. I can't help but thinking that being a commoner might not be a guaranteed happiness too? Call me practical and opportunist, but I mean, during those times, it's better to be the one in highest power, moreover under such person with integrity. If you're a commoner but you have evil king, your happy quiet life could be wrecked at anytime by those holding power.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Woah. So we got trolled? There was no near 19+ bed scene :laugh:

Good thing I kept my expectations low.... hahahaaa... but it was still a very intense kiss, I thought. 

It was a fully clothed bed scene. Not even a peek of skin.... :laugh:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Eps 17 

The death of CP Myungho :nervous:

Deok-Im  gave birth to Crown Prince Moonhyo. However, within a short period of time, Crown Prince Moon Hyo's health deteriorated from measles at a young age, and he eventually passed away. Lee San shed tears after losing his young son, and Seong Deok-im was unable to spend the last moments with Crown Prince Moon Hyo because she was pregnant. Hye-gyeong-gung (Hye-bin), who was watching this, also shed tears by her side. As soon as Seong Deok-im heard the news that Crown Prince Moon Hyo had left, she was shocked and wept.

Spoiler

Lee San (Lee Jun-ho) visited Seong Deok-im (Lee Se-young), who was grieving over the death of her child. Seeing Seongdeok-im not even eating, Lee San said, "You're not the only one who lost a child. Over 100 people died in the city alone. In my country, I couldn't even count." "What you eat, what you wear. It comes from the people,” he pointed to her ( I thought he was rather insensitive here but I know he meant well) 

To this, Seong Deok-im shed tears of sadness, saying, “I know what you mean.”

Lee San said, “You are the crown prince’s biological mother. Don't do it in front of the people even when sadness comes before you. That is your duty,” he said.

Then Seong Deok-im said, “I have never wanted to be the new wife. I never wanted to be a 1st level concubine. The child that came out of my belly died, can't I just grieve?"

Lee San said, “We still have a child. In the womb, the child only depends on you. Even I, my biological father, can't help. There is only you for that child.” He said, “I couldn’t protect the young prince. No matter how much you hate me Still, do what you have to do as a mother.”

As if things are not sad enough...

Seong Deok-im hears that her comrade Son Young-hee (Lee Eun-sam) has been arrested. Seong Deok-im said, “I am the first concubine. please  let me see her  just once.” Seong Deok-im pleaded with jail guards  met Son Young-hee and burst into tears, saying, “I only thought of myself and my child. I'm sorry I didn't think of you." Son Young-hee is imprisoned for the crime of fornication and is sentenced to death. Son Young-hee said, "You must not come here.  Go.” She worries about Deok Im.

Son Young-hee said, "I tried things I shouldn't have done. I wanted to meet the person I love.” She smiled and released Deok-im’s hand.

Seongdeok-im is sad, but the comfort of her friends gives her energy. Seongdeokim and friends said, “We will definitely meet again later. Let's stop mourning," she promises. 

Seong Deok-im resents San at first, but soon visits San and apologizes, saying, "Your Majesty must also be suffering from losing a child, but I deliberately made it harsh."  San comforted Seong-deok-im by saying, "Do you resent me?"...it was a bittersweet atmosphere.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I will recap more ...but right now it hurts even though I knew this was coming

Seongdeok-im, who had a hard time, lost consciousness and collapsed. After regaining her energy within a few days, she requested that the court ladies be summoned. Also, she said to Lee San, who came to visit her, "There are so many things that you have to protect, so your Majesty will be fine. What you have to protect will also protect you."

Then, she hinted at the end, saying, "I'm the only friend these court ladies have, and I'm just sorry to leave them behind." Lee San said, "If you were still a court lady, this would not have happened;  if only I hadn't forced you to become a concubine."

Seong Deok-im said to Lee San, "In the next life, even if you see this new bride, please pretend not to know and just brush your collar and pass by."  :nervous:

Upon hearing this, Lee San asked, "Did you not have any affection for me? Did you not give me even the smallest portion of your  heart?" Seong Deok-im replied, "If it didn't ( have affection) , I would have run away. Ultimately, it was my choice to remain with you."

Seong Deok-im, who delivered the last goodbye to Lee San, eventually died. Lee San hugged her and cried, "Please don't go. Don't leave me behind."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I just realised that my friend is going to kill me...

I forgot to mention to her that Deok Im will die...

She's all caught up now...

Maybe I could feign pretense I didn't know too...

:psweatduck:

Too late ! LOL....

• Haha 3

Damn this is so hard to watch :pandasad:

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, this bit is also following the novel... I remember reading an excerpt ? chapter? on this.

They followed the novel almost 100% from what I am reading on Twitter,

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Yeah I'm having a heavy heart just from the cuts. Every cuts I see it is LJH bawling his eyes out. I've stopped watching live for 17 coz it's so sad.

My friend is really going to murder me with text messages 🤣 but at least she agreed it was good thus far...

Mwo?

San also dies...? 😶

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Sad 2

Continuation of recaps...

( I am so sad)

Subin Park, the concubine of the house, entered the palace, but Jeongjo (San) , who could not forget Ui-bin (Deok Im) , did not give his heart to the concubine. When he saw the dumpling soup made by Subin, his heart ached as he recalled the memories with Uibin. Jeongjo, who had been living after erasing Ui-bin as time passed, recalled the past at the place where Ui-bin was staying before his death.

Kyung-hee, who became a the head court lady ,  handed Ui-bin's belongings to Jeong-jo and conveyed the true feelings left behind by Ui-bin.

The belongings were none other than the reflective texts (apology letters) , books, and court women's clothes that Jeongjo had given to Uibin.  Jeongjo cried , saying, "You were such a small person. I fell in love with you like that."

Under his rule , the country prospered and had peace...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hmmm interesting twist ...so all the sad scenes was a dream and it was only San's imagination?

Ending kiss

Just now, mademoiselle said:

Hey there's a twist at the end! Hahahaha

Maybe I won't die in flood of texts then 🤣🤣🤣

Call me sadist but I felt it better to have a proper sad ending than be trolled like that :poliWeird:

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM

We all know what really happened so I do feel the sad ending is more real than the twist. Besides, it can also be taken as a premonition or foreshadowing.

Think PD just wanted to give viewers an ending that isn't too depressing, yet enough details there for us to know it's going to end that way...? Hope I make sense.

Very smart twist though.

At first my weibo TL is all cries and swearing but after the twist they were all happy hahahahahaha

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle I wonder if this was the after life ? Cause C-drama love doing this kind of thing too...I have gone through this before where they give this supposed alternate ending. I am confused. LOL

Recaps:

Soon Lee San also fell sick, and he was put in a moment where he did not know whether it was a dream or a fantasy. Returning to the time when he was with Deok-im at the Byeoldang, Lee San told Deok-im, “It’s been a long time, and sometimes I thought I didn’t know either. Is it that I miss you or the past years are affectionate?” he said.

“Now I know. I miss you, I miss the days I spent with you I will never let go of this hand again.” Lee San cried. “Please don’t. You can go back. In the words of Deok-im, “You will be a good king,” Lee San said, “This is where I should be. I know I don’t have much time.”

“So love me. Please.” Lee San cried. Lee San said, “Even if it is the past, death, or dream, I will choose this moment with you. May this moment last forever.”

So, at the last moment, Lee San closed his eyes, and when he opened her eyes, the moment of lying on Seongdeok-im's lap and having a nightmare unfolded. In the meantime, Lee San conveyed what he wanted to say to Seong Deok-im, and enjoyed the time of Seong-deok-im and eternal happiness on the other side of life. ( So this is in eternity - he met her when he died) 

@LaLa confirmed it ...

Spoiler

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Ep 16 is Uploaded subbed on viki

oh boy here I go… the kids going wake up to me crying 

I think I will watch tomorrow...

-----------------

Maybe this will soothe our hearts

Full BTS videos

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2