The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

@mademoiselle I wish both of them will have another drama together someday, not too long hopefully. Cuz these two chemistry r really great. 

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The forced kiss NG because Jun Ho was withholding himself from laughing. Se Young was sort of tattletale to everyone it was Jun Ho that NG, not her.

ah, I see. They both r so playful. Lols. It was so hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

As for the drama version... I don't know where it will stop at but I suppose it might end in the most beautiful way, even though it may be sad

Ah, nooo.. I dont hope sad ending. Hope they will end the story before that happened. 

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Because uri King hasn't courted the one woman he's dying to have, so must stay looking clean and handsome at all times

Bwahahaha.... he finally wins her heart. Gosh it took 16 episode for us to celebrste the joy with him, what gift should we present for his wedding?? Personally, I want him to kick out that evil concubine. 

But what makes me stick to this drama, even the OTP didn't do much lovey dovey scenes, their talking or fighting scenes are felt so good. Their facial expression, their voice delivered the lines expresively.  It is really satifying to watch the scenes. It is totally different from what we're looking at their bts and NG. It made me amazed with the actors who did their job very well. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Alice Wonderland Yeah they are playful in BTS (like our EY's OTP :pandalove:) but I've to say I haven't seen all of the BTS because all the MBC clips are not available to my region :pandasadspoon:. I only see cuts here & there and haven't actively searched for all of the BTS.

Oh don't worry about Hwabin. I think San won't be visiting her much and you can also take this as comfort that she never had any children with San in real history. I suppose we probably shouldn't rejoice in this because all concubines who married the kings and didn't receive love by the kings will have a very sad palace life till they die.

The Red Sleeve is ultimately a romance drama depicting the love story between San and Deok Im, the political part took a back seat in this one but it was weaved in quite well and remained engaging towards the end. Personally the only bit I wish will be a little shorter is the amount of screen time focus on Yeonjo yelling left, right and center. However, I loved the bit which San shouted back in tears, "I am not my father! I am San!" That was so impactful and good acting from Jun Ho. Do we have BTS for this scene?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But the transitioning of a forced kiss to a mutual kiss to him stopping & pushing her away. She even looked like she wanted more LOL.

I thought so too! Like she was so surprised and a bit disappointed when he pushed her away. I didn’t expect that, but you’re right, he had to and want to stop himself from further action. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

However, I loved the bit which San shouted back in tears, "I am not my father! I am San!" That was so impactful and good acting from Jun Ho. Do we have BTS for this scene?

I loved this scene a lot. How desperated ans broken hearted he was. And also loved the other part when HDR advised him to quickly dethrone the king faster. But he firmly refused and said "The one that you called old and dementia is my grandfather, the one that I love, and I will protect him" my heart also sank along with him. And there are many other poignant scenes I liked from the previous episodes not just from the king but each character here are getting their chances to shine and show off their great acting skills. You see if you happen to read the c-section in their YT channel. Many Knets are praising that this saeguk scores a good point in their eyes. The actor performances and how the story being delivered here. And I agreed with them, with so many fusion saeguk genre lately, I kinda miss watching the old classic saeguk, wether some story adapted the history and its fiction part isnt going too far from the reality.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Yay...don't forget this folks!!!

I am still hoping for the 15% this weekend  to see JunHo dance in his dragon robe

I think we love this romance as much as we do is because it is rooted in history. King Jeongjo loved her very much. She wasn't just any other woman for him. That truly squeezes my heart...I hope I can survive this weekend's episodes - starts earlier at 9.30pm KST . From what I understand eps 16 will be 1.5 hours and finale will be 2 hours. I may be dehydrated from crying.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

@ktcjdramathey are reading out lines fr the show and playing all the OSTs...making me cry.

Some translations

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh what is that for? Wrap up party?? They come together, so rare. Most kdrama couple that I like come separately to the party and onlt be seen when they're already inside to cit the cake. 

Not wrap up party. 10% ratings promise was to come on MBC radio show to become special DJ together. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Well I try hard not to ship them, they are so good together even off-screen. 

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

15 % - not only Jun Ho will dance , the cast & crew will get holiday too

I read more viewers praising this, so hopefully more people will tune in for the last episode, go go go, we need to see them dance!

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1
4 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Well I try hard nit to ship them, they are so good together even on off-screen. 

Same here...resisting cause my ships don't seem to sail but I cannot help but feel shippy when watching their BTS

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

He knows that won't happen :lmao2:

True! I think 20% is a stretch but 15% not impossible since they are almost there.

And omo ....but you know this is national TV

----------------

Newsen did a quick recap of the MBC radio show:

FHqy3biUYAAlvTT?format=png&name=small

On the December 28th broadcast of MBC FM4U's 'Noon's Hope Song, Kim Shin-young', actors Lee Se-young and Lee Jun-ho of the drama 'Red sleeves ' appeared as special DJs to keep their ratings promise.

When Lee Jun-ho said, "The drama has renewed the highest viewership rating with 14.3%," Lee Se-young said, "I came with a happy heart. I couldn't not come."

On this day, Se-young Lee wore a rabbit headband from the beginning to enhance the atmosphere. She sighed for a while, but he did his best, such as singing along, to bring laughter to the listeners. Junho Lee also sang along to Michael Jackson's song and had fun.

When asked how long it had been since she had felt this kind of tension, Lee Se-young trembled softly, saying, "It's my first time in my life. It's a live broadcast, so it's embarrasing" .

When asked, "Is this more difficult than 2PM's stage?", Junho Lee also laughed, saying, "This is the most difficult. It seems to be one of the biggest trials."

The two had already finished filming for 'Red End of Sleeves' a week ago. Junho Lee expressed his attachment to the work, saying, "I still don't feel like it's over. We still have the last episodes ,  but I want to feel the afterglow for a while, so I'm alone. It's good though."

Lee Se-young recently met the other court ladies  and said, "We made a promise. In the show, there is a line that says, 'We should always be together'. We get together to climb, eat pork belly, and even coffee."

Regarding the most memorable lines and scenes, Junho Lee said it was difficult to pick one, but the scene that comes to mind right now is "I'm swaying." "He said. Lee Se-young also added, "It seems to be the fuse that brought the fans together."

As for the story behind the kissing scene, Junho Lee said, "We were getting along very well, and around the 14th episode, they threw something like this, so I was like, 'What?' "I thought we wouldn't be there until the end, but the sudden kiss scene made us feel very awkward," he said.

Then, when the listener asked for a spoiler for the merging (happang / consummation)  scene, Lee Se-young laughed embarrassedly, confessing, "We still have a lot of work to do, but the director said, 'I can stop'." Then she added, "I wonder if it will be rated 19+," raising the fans' expectations.

In addition, while making a ratings promise for  by dancing to  2pm's 'My House' wearing the  king's robe  VS  wearing the bathing clothes , Junho Lee said, "It happened at some point even though I didn't mention about wearing the bathing clothes ." He made an extraordinary promise to fulfill it if  that is what the fans wanted , if rating hit 20%.

The two also expressed their desire to win the Best Couple Award at the MBC Drama Awards to be held on the 30th. In response, Se-young Lee was asked what she would do if she received the award, and she showed laughter as she practiced her acceptance speech.

Lee Jun-ho said, "I've won the Best Couple award before, but it was with a man." He said, "I got it with Namgoong-min hyung (in 'Chief Kim'), so I want to receive it this time." Lee Se-young said to Lee Jun-ho, "Isn't it the same with the Chief Guard Kang (Oh Dae-hwan)?", and Lee Jun-ho said, "I've been fighting a lot with the Chief Guard Kang, too," causing laughter.

Lee Se-young said about Kang Hoon, who plays Hong Deok-ro, who led the chemistry with her at the beginning of the work, "In the work, he shows a lot of cool and two-sided sides, but in reality he is very silly (dorky)."

When asked to spoil the ending of the drama with 7 letters, Jun-ho replied, "I cried endlessly." Lee Se-young helped by saying, "My eyes are swollen."

Source

Source 2

• Like 3

@abs-oluteM Depends on how they worded the 20% :laugh:

Coz I could argue a scene peak at the highest at 20% (if that's the case) although the overall/average rating on that episode is e.g. 15%.

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Then, when the listener asked for a spoiler for the merging (happang / consummation)  scene, Lee Se-young laughed embarrassedly, confessing, "We still have a lot of work to do, but the director said, 'I can stop'." Then she added, "I wonder if it will be rated 19+," raising the fans' expectations.

19+ on MBC? I doubt it. They are so trying to get people to watch :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3