The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

I finally visited the comment thread at theqoo regarding the cult group/secret organization setup

Some things I found from the comment thread (based from what I can get using machine translation):

1. A few said that there was indeed a secret organization of the court ladies, however the drama made it too dramatic (the whole grand setup, the torches, the directing).

2. In the assassination attempt to King Jeongjo in 1776, there was a court lady involved in that plot. So the local viewers said the drama laid the secret organization down in the episode to set the setting up, but again too dramatic.

~

Spoiler

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

'The Red Sleeve' starring Junho & Lee Se Young becomes the first MBC mini-series in 3 years to surpass 10% in viewership ratings

1638600621-20211204-red.jpg

Posted by Susan-Han | 12/4/2021

According to Nielsen Korea on December 4, the 7th episode of MBC's ongoing Fri-Sat mini-series 'The Red Sleeve' aired on December 3 surpassed a viewership rating of 10%, with the highest rating of the episode at 10.7% and an average rating of 10.7% within cities. 

This marks the first time in approximately 3 years that any mini-series aired on MBC has gone over 10% in viewership ratings. The last time was in 2018 with drama 'My Secret Terrius'.

Meanwhile, MBC's 'The Red Sleeve' is a fictional retelling of the well-known historical romance between King Jeongjo of Joseon and his royal concubine, Uibin Sung. 2PM's Junho plays the role of King Jeongjo, and actress Lee Se Young plays the role of Uibin Sung, or Sung Duk Im. Many drama fans have praised the series for its classic historical drama style, at the same time challenging various K-drama tropes. 

LINK: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/12/the-red-sleeve-starring-junho-lee-se-young-becomes-the-first-mbc-mini-series-in-3-years-to-surpass-10-in-viewership-ratings

CAST IG POST:

Young DeokIm with King Yeongjo

Gungnyeo (Court Lady) Four | G4

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteM

I absolutely agree with you, when watching dramas the historical context needs to be taken in consideration, so people making a big deal about how chauvinistic San was just doesn't make sense to me too. In our perspective he could really been seen as chauvinist, cause anyone who does that in the present can certainly be sued for assault. but in those times, it can be seen as San just speaking out his rights, the norm and the expected. I don't think that term even was present at that time...

If we go by the culture that era, like you stated DI personality is already a compromise or a deviation for the most parts of what a woman is in that time, especially one with no social status, a servant/court lady. Actually for the most parts San has been very lenient with DeokIm, the many times she has contradicted him and insulted him would have already put her in the gallows.

Truth be told, anytime I watch a historical, I sometimes get that weird reaction when a female lead character becomes characterized as so hard headed, ballsy, confident, outspoken and etc. I think Story of Minglan probably portrayed one of the most realistic character of what I imagine the flight of women in that era, especially the parts when she was young.

But I do understand  the reaction of international viewers, they are seeing all these things in a modern equal men-women rights society, it is also why I have the initial reaction...

Anyway if we can survive and romanticize the era of Boys over flowers/The Heirs of alpha male lead with their wrist grabs and possessive tantrums, I don't see why people kept criticizing San for being that way for just that fraction of time.

Our boy is having his first bouts of possessiveness just that one time. so he got territorial, but technically DeokIm has been sealed to be one of his women. Being a court lady with red sleeve cuff and all that....

Original Sound Tract

Title: I'll Be With You All Days
Artist: Minhyun (NU'EST)

Edited by czakhareina
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, suhodorable said:

I'm gonna camp at theqoo for a while, but I heard the local viewers were not welcoming of that cultish group led by Head Court Lady Jo. And some were not happy about the possibility that the drama will paint the late Crown Prince Sado's cause of death in a different light.

That cult really feels so out of place.

If the production crew are not careful that could snowball on them. I hope they end it by next episode cause it just doesn't feel right. 

about the writer, All I know is that she wroter "The Emperor: Owner of the Mask". that is why I have been so wary of the drama at the start. That drama was like one big :shocked2::shocked: :nervous::cry::mad: that still haunts me to this day. My fears kinda was stored away little by little as episodes came out cause eveything doesn't have the same feel as The Emperor: Owner of the Mask. It most likely due to PD Jung who I credit for the funnies that has been happening in the drama... but now my fears keep haunting me somehow.

Oh please drama please, don't do this. Don't shoot your own foot....

No need to go far out of the way to make things grand and exciting. I think San and Di story can stand on its own even without those embellishments....

Man that love letter is epic. Who would have thought...

I mean so losing her worse than all those years of seeing his father being out to death? worse than all other criticism and loneliness she might have felt growing up and beings strictly brought up by a perfectionist grandfather? Worse than losing his son?

Man Jeongjo he really was soo in love with her. for so many years from their childhood, even after her death...

Anyway I just want to post this pic. this probably is one of the most reassuring moment for DI... in regards to their relationship in the drama

FFx6IDmVgAIEbQQ?format=jpg&name=medium

I saw in twitter something like for DeokIm San would beg to save her. 

Spoiler

img.jpg

which really in DI's POV is probably amazing, especially given the last time they saw each other. She had subtly rejected him. and he was making his stand clear about their relationship in a fit of anger

spacer.png

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2

News articles

Historical romance dramas catch eyes of S. Korean TV viewers

South Korean historical romance series starring young and up-and-coming actors are creating a fresh buzz at home and abroad for their dramatic settings and resonating love stories.

KBS' "The King's Affection," based on the popular webtoon "Yeonmo," is a story of a fictional princess of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), who has been raised as her deceased twin brother and becomes a king.

Starring Park Eun-bin, the 20-episode series airing every Monday and Tuesday saw its viewership ratings in South Korea jump to 10 percent for the 13th episode from 6.2 percent for the first one on Oct. 11.

It is the highest among its rival TV series on terrestrial and cable channels broadcast in the same time slot.

The Korean period drama is also popular among global viewers as every episode becomes simultaneously available on Netflix too.

The show has been on the streamer's weekly global top 10 list of most-watched non-English TV shows for a total of six weeks.

For the week from Nov. 8-14, in particular, "Affection" ranked second on the weekly non-English TV chart with 14.1 million hours of viewing after the global phenom "Squid Game."

"The Red Sleeve," a TV series adaptation of the namesake novel on MBC, is also booming on the small screen. It is based on the historical record of a love story between King Jeongjo in the 18th century Joseon Dynasty and a court lady.

Its viewership marked 5.7 percent on the first day on Nov. 12 and rose to 9.4 percent for its sixth and latest episode on Saturday.

It is higher than that of the romance drama "Now, We Are Breaking Up" in the same time slot on SBS, starring Song Hye-kyo, which logged a rating of 7.6 percent on the same day.

"The Red Sleeve," starring Junho of K-pop boy band 2PM, also outnumbered that of tvN's weekend blockbuster thriller "Jirisan," which has been hovering around a lower-than-expected 8 percent in viewership since its release in October.

"Jirisan" was one of the most anticipated TV series in 2021 for its all-star cast and crew, including actors Jun Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon, and screenwriter Kim Eun-hee of the global hit zombie series "Kingdom" (2019) of Netflix.

The historical romantic comedy "Secret Royal Inspector & Joy" on tvN, starring TaecYeon of 2PM, is also on a roll as its viewership hit 5.3 percent in its second week, marking the second best record among Monday-Tuesday primetime TV series after "Affection."

Another historical romance, "Moonshine", starring Yoo Seung-ho and Hye-ri, will premier later this month on KBS after "Affection" finishes. It is set in mid-18th century Joseon when a strict alcohol prohibition was imposed. (Yonhap)

LINK: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20211202000500&np=1&mp=1

“The Red Sleeve” And “Now We Are Breaking Up” Continue Fierce Ratings Battle

Dec 5, 2021 | by E. Cha

With so many quality dramas airing during the weekend, viewers are facing some tough choices!

On December 4, SBS’s romance drama “Now We Are Breaking Up” rose to an average nationwide rating of 6.9 percent for its latest episode, marking an increase in viewership from its previous episode the night before.

However, first place in the time slot still went to MBC’s hit historical drama “The Red Sleeve,” which successfully remained in the double digits despite dipping slightly to an average nationwide rating of 10.5 percent.

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Jirisan” earned an average nationwide rating of 7.7 percent for its latest episode, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The mystery thriller also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 3.3 percent.

tvN’s “Happiness” similarly maintained its position at first place in its own time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent. The apocalyptic thriller also held onto first place among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 2.2 percent.

JTBC’s “Inspector Koo,” which returned to air after a one-week hiatus, fell to an average nationwide rating of 1.7 percent, while OCN’s “Chimera” dipped to an average rating of 1.2 percent.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” stayed strong with an average nationwide rating of 29.8 percent, making it the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1502224wpp/the-red-sleeve-and-now-we-are-breaking-up-continue-fierce-ratings-battle

OTHER ARTICLES the past few days:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

Anyway if we can survive and romanticize the era of Boys over flowers/The Heirs of alpha male lead with their wrist grabs and possessive tantrums, I don't see why not people kept criticizing San for being that way for just that fraction of time. The boy is having his first bouts of possessiveness in just that one time. so he got territorial but technically DeokIm has been sealed to be one of his women being a court lady with red sleeve cuff. 

Exactly ...the older kdramas were worse.... Is it because we have watched too many and are desensitized? :laugh: 

Ignoring all the history stuff, so far the drama has not disappointed me. Production value here is really good. A lot of nice details be it prop, story flow, conversations etc. 

I am abit confused about the preview though. Where is the King sending him to? All his servants are coming along too. I am excited at seeing his rise to the throne though there will be plenty of stumbling blocks.

This twitter handle listed out some stuff  from the novel which I would put in the spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 8 Making | English Subs

credit jlml718

HERE

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Exactly ...the older kdramas were worse.... Is it because we have watched too many and are desensitized? :laugh: 

Ignoring all the history stuff, so far the drama has not disappointed me. Production value here is really good. A lot of nice details be it prop, story flow, conversations etc. 

I am abit confused about the preview though. Where is the King sending him to? All his servants are coming along too. I am excited at seeing his rise to the throne though there will be plenty of stumbling blocks.

This twitter handle listed out some stuff  from the novel which I would put in the spoiler

desensitized... maybe...

I mean I actually am more prone to getting irritated at wrist grabs now, and kabedon... 

except for this darma... so maybe we are biased...? 

Man those spoilers. 

Spoiler

I wish the 4 girls stayed together...

I like their friendship and their comaraderie..

though i guess once DI did become a concubine she most likely will not be able to see them much...

regarding where they are going, if I am not mistaken @suhodorable posted/tweet/retweet something about that... 

they are maybe having a vacation.. lol i don't know really I could have been hallucinating seeing a post of that.. been in twitter too much probably hahahaha

The Red Sleeve Cuff | FMV

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Someone said King Yeongjo asked San to visit the grave. But whose grave? Idk tbh

Cause the ones I saw about the late Crown Prince Sado grave visit was beyond the rebellion year...

I'm gonna continue episode 8 tomorrow. But looking at Deok Im's situation after she got framed up, San realizes it's even harder for Deok Im (I watched short clips for now lol). He's stuck in a situation that even if he tries to change her destiny, he can lose her forever. I think that's what finally humbled him. I think there are still complexities in their relationship. Hahahaha idk it looks funny that the push and pull between them is just a little confusing at times.

Also, since that moment San declares Deok Im as his possession, their relationship has gone sour. There's nothing that could hold them together even if one of them tries to. But because the childhood connection was explored, I felt that this was a second chance for both of them.

Anyway I found the banter when Deok Im said "court lady's life isn't easy" and San saying "so is the crown prince too" or something like that so funny. That was the mark of their second chance in their relationship. They're back in the same foot wherein they still lived a difficult life.

Sad spoiler from the novel:

Spoiler

Edited by suhodorable
  • Insightful 2

I’m just caught up on this! Seems to be a season of period dramas. I’m liking this so far, and enjoying Lee Jun Ho’s interpretation of the Crown Prince, especially with how he regarded Lee Se Young (as Duk Im) at the start of Ep 8, telling her he had control over her life and death. That slight bit of crazed and intense look, as if he indeed could be subject to mental illness like his late father Sado. 

• Clapping Hands 2

A twinge of envy can destroy anyone's entire life. The head lady court is disgusting. Pretending to protect hundreds of court ladies just to satisfy her grudge. She was the killer of the palace maids. Because I think the late crown prince realized that the one who drove him crazy was a court lady. So he tried to eliminate them. Now almost the whole court ladies have been forced to follow the Faires sect. Poor Lady Seo. The leader has assigned more spies for the crown prince and maybe only Deok Im will remain loyal by his side.

Master hong's behavior is very suspicious. I think he has something up his sleevs. He really wanted the crown prince to take over the regency and things that he said to his little sister, "I want everyone to know my name" as if it was a message that he wanted to show everyone who he really is. Revenge for something in the past? Idk, I feel he doesn't look trustworthy but also not that evil. The conflict is getting more exciting but I hope the story doesn't become annoying in the future. I like the type of drama where the villain never succeeds with all his tricks no matter how hard they try.

Oh what a beautiful reunion San and Deok Im. I think her story-telling skills pay off. Thanks to that the king regained his memory. It's interesting because the drama is not only about romance but also has intriguing conflicts, and the main characters are told with ingenuity. The preview for next episode doesn't look that good. I heard a gunshot, wait a gunshot in Joseon? Well, whatever sound that might be, I think someone is dying because of it. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Read something  about Deok Ro lil sis becoming the first concubine?  Also peeked at the last episode of Lee San window in  the the Palace…I hope this drama will end up with a happy ending.  knowing the history kinda sucks the eagerness of happy ending.  Sometimes it’s better not knowing the true history and just enjoy the ride.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

15 hours ago, suhodorable said:

I finally visited the comment thread at theqoo regarding the cult group/secret organization setup

Some things I found from the comment thread (based from what I can get using machine translation):

1. A few said that there was indeed a secret organization of the court ladies, however the drama made it too dramatic (the whole grand setup, the torches, the directing).

2. In the assassination attempt to King Jeongjo in 1776, there was a court lady involved in that plot. So the local viewers said the drama laid the secret organization down in the episode to set the setting up, but again too dramatic.

oh, it really is too much of a set up for an assassination attempt.

I do hope that once the assassination is done, the cult  part would be destabilized cause it feels so  over-embellished.

They released the artist for the next batch of OST

FF4M94racAMf6RN?format=jpg&name=small

This Morning Junho was interviewed in a morning news/show (?), I think MBC is doing promotions since this is their first successful drama in a very very very long while...

"the drama Yi San has the same characters and before it was more about his life story, but this time it's about the court lady's story and how the court lady's look at the crown prince is the starting point. so starting from that point it gives it a more interesting element to it. We are already in the half but there will be more fun and interesting stories left, so please stay with us until the end

- credit Ok_Bingu

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

That is such a neat and elegant script/writing. I also posted one with San writing over the years.. this two realky shared that between them, and it is kinda interesting that the drama/novel has used that as an implication of a scheme for DI to be a mole in San's side.

Spoilers have been getting rampant in twitter, but as one of the article post. History is a big spoiler for san and DeokIms story.

And with that I wanna share this, the novel on their first night....

Spoiler

Collection of behind the scenes clips of the sandeok couple

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
5 hours ago, czakhareina said:

And with that I wanna share this, the novel on their first night....

I’m anticipating how they’ll depict the 1st night. :hug:So I’m assuming they never slept with each other till she became a concubine ? 

@suhodorable she definitely saw his displeasure at the gate . 

• Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Stills released for episode 8

This stills really is such a powerful stance of San. I like how in this moment in the darkness and of the room as he is in his dragon robe, as he moves closer, menancing as he asserted himself as DeokIm's master and swore her person to.

I love this scene so much...!

The ending part of episode 8. In contrast with how the episode start, they are now in the very much bright setting with San in his 'humble' clothes. And they hug. 

From choking to hugging. This drama goes to all stops in just 1 episode

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
16 hours ago, czakhareina said:

History is a big spoiler for san and DeokIms story.

And with that I wanna share this, the novel on their first night

lawd mercy. Now I want to really read the novel.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, suhodorable said:

I think there are still complexities in their relationship. Hahahaha idk it looks funny that the push and pull between them is just a little confusing at times.

Very simple.  They are into each other and very frustrated with their desire to get it out their system  :love:

• Haha 2

The differences between Lee Seo-jin, Hyun Bin and Lee Jun-ho’s portrayal of King Jeongjo of Joseon

Hachi1207 | December 6, 2017

FF5F0b2UUAEWqcP?format=jpg&name=small

King Jeongjo has always been an interesting topic for Korean dramas and has been played by many famous actor until now.

The love story of King Jeongjo/Yi San and Seong Deok-im/ Royal Noble Consort Ui of the Changnyeong Seong clan, is considered one of the most romantic stories in the Joseon dynasty. After Seong Deok-im’s death, Jeongjo expressed his sadness by saying “It hurts like a knife cut”... For this reason, it is also a material that is frequently dealt with through mass media. Naturally, people also pay attention to who took on the role of Jeongjo Yi San and Seong Deok-im.

Actor Lee Seo-jin played the role of Jeongjo in MBC’s drama “Lee San, Wind Of The Palace” which aired from 2007 to 2008. Before securing his position as a top actor through “Lee San, Wind Of The Palace“, he rose to stardom thanks to “Damo” and “Phoenix”. In “Yi San”, he neatly portrayed Jeongjo as a wise king with a smart brain and warm personality.

Lee Seo-jin, who had shown great performances in historical dramas to the extent that he was praised as an actor specialized in historical dramas, reached the peak of that assessment through “Lee San, Wind Of The Palace “. His “chemistry” with Han Ji-min was also well received. Thanks to this, “Lee San, Wind Of The Palace” gained explosive popularity, recording its own highest nationwide rating of 33.3% (based on Nielsen Korea).

In director Lee Jae-kyu’s 2014 film “The Fatal Encounter,” King Jeongjo, Yi San, was more of an action star. In the trailer, King Jeongjo, played by Hyun Bin, showed off his muscles as if he was a special force member of the popular show “The Iron Squad.”  As a movie focused on the attempted assassination of King Jeongjo, the film did not feature his love interest did not appear, but the fact that Hyun Bin, who was just discharged from the Marine Corps, appeared as King Jeongjo, who was good at martial arts itself drew attention. Coincidentally, actress Han Ji-min, who previously played the role of Royal Noble Consort Ui in a drama of the same genre “Lee San, Wind Of The Palace” drew attention by playing the role of Queen Jeong-soon, who is like King Jeongjo’s grandmother, in “The Fatal Encounter.” However, the movie didn’t become a box office hit, attracting only 3.84 million people to the cinema.

2021120701000392800022963_20211206133102

In MBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve,” which is recently airing and receiving attention, King Jeong Jo, Yi San, is played by actor Lee Joon-ho from the group 2PM“The Red Sleeve” becomes the most realistic painting of the romance between Yi San and Seong Deok-im. The fact that Seong Deok-im entered the palace due to Lady Hyegyeong (Kang Mal-geum) and that she became a concubine after refusing King Jeongjo’s special favor twice will also follow history.

Despite the recent fantasy trend in historical dramas, “The Red Sleeve” is also pursuing historical realisticness in clothes and titles. 

Therefore, the character Yi San in historical facts is also quite thorough. The media has only depicted King Jeongjo as a “good son” who always misses his father (Crown Prince Sado). In this drama, even the traumas caused by the actions of his father – Crown Prince Sado appeared. That’s why Prince Yi San in this drama, who has a personality that is more like paranoia, is attracting more attention from the viewers because he is not portrayed as a romantic guy only.

Due to the dementia of King Yeongjo (Lee Deok-hwa), Yi San took over the work of a king instead and revealed his dignity of gradually becoming a true king, showing his determination with a decisive tone, “Decisions are up to them. I will either live or die in Joseon in the future”.

It’s not easy to simply evaluate which Yi San version is better. Compared to Jeongjo’s appearance in each work with a unique personality, Lee Jun-ho’s acting, which has more fun and a stronger image of him as a singer, is worth being highly evaluated.

LINK: https://kbizoom.com/the-differences-between-lee-seo-jin-hyun-bin-and-lee-jun-hos-portrayal-of-king-jeongjo-of-joseon/

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003809706?lfrom=twitter

On 12/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, gilaswan said:

I’m just caught up on this! Seems to be a season of period dramas. I’m liking this so far, and enjoying Lee Jun Ho’s interpretation of the Crown Prince, especially with how he regarded Lee Se Young (as Duk Im) at the start of Ep 8, telling her he had control over her life and death. That slight bit of crazed and intense look, as if he indeed could be subject to mental illness like his late father Sado. 

Hello there, glad that you have caught up and it would be awesome to see more spazz this drama.

Also, I think you might like the above article as it talks about the different popular interpretation of Yi San over the years.

I also definitely like that part, especially since he said that when he is in his Crown Prince Dragon Robes and also felt like he was waiting for her.

it really speaks volumes at reminding her who he is. From Visual, to words and action, his whole persona was saying it "He is the master. Her life is in his hands". 

FF5zdHZaMAIVzeU?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2

Morning Interview Junho Cut

Lee Seyoung and fans donating Rice Wreaths

Side by Side clip of Junho Practicing his lines and the actual  clip

@Alice Wonderland

I think CL Jo is pretty genuine in thinking about protecting then court ladies, and her fear of San becoming crazed is pretty much realistic and expected, especially given that at those era they don't understand mental issues, heck even now eastern countries still have this adversity regarding acknowledging mental health issues.

Add to that is that in the Joseon era culture/thinking where a father's crime is passed down to their offspring, I do get why she is very zealot about the whole things. I mean the only thing that saved San and her mother was the fact that Crown Prince Sado was put in the wooden rice chest at Royal Consort Yeong begging. Otherwise San and her mother would have been killed or banished. 

So most minister and citizens probably have this fear and thinking that San is a criminal's son's per se, but due to Yeongjo's mercy he had gotten off lightly and even worse he could inherit the throne.

But in this interpretation of things, I do agree that CL Jos grudge is pretty deep, I mean she made a cult just to destabilize the country and get San to be assassinated by her court ladies. that is pretty extreme. I am really wondering how that goes. 

I do wish the drama clarifies the thing about it seemed like they are laying the ground work to make Sado framed,  I think that deviation would not go down with the knetz. 

Also CL and Lecturer is pretty similar in character. very ambitious and smart. very scheming and very one tract mind when it comes to their goals. They have a very zealot mindset about their purpose that it trumps everything, CL is not above killing anyone and everyone, and that is the same for lecturer Hong. It really is a good thing at this point that they are on opposite sides, cause San would definitely be at a loss to fight against such scheming minds together. so for now, whatever of a sus character Lecturer Hong is, I am glad that for the most parts he is in San's camp

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I’m anticipating how they’ll depict the 1st night. :hug:So I’m assuming they never slept with each other till she became a concubine ? 

3 hours ago, Mizv said:

lawd mercy. Now I want to really read the novel.

I feel you guys, gawd that first night... :lenny:

I do wonder if they will go with the usual peck kiss only, cause saguek has that image of being so dry in this parts of the scenes. but then if they were willinga nd able to make thathot the bath tub and tense-ful library scene was, why can't they just do it for her. I mean the material itself seems fantastic, even though it is small. I think they can surely squeeze some great scene in this...

and at @Mizv yeah, I really hope there is a translation for the novel somewhere. 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

'The Red sleeve' 14 interesting facts you didn't know! [Eng Subbed]

2PM’s Lee Junho helps shut down the negative stereotype about idol-turned actors

Hachi1207 | December 3, 2021

Lee Junho, a member of the famous Kpop boy group 2PM, has impressed many viewers with his acting skills in the new historical drama The Red Sleeve.

Recently, 2PM’s Lee Junho has become a trending topic of discussion on popular online communities in Korea because of his excellent acting skills in MBC’s new historical drama The Red Sleeve. A post on Theqoo attracts more than 53,000 views and is filled with positive comments praising Lee Junho‘s acting

The Red Sleeve, starring Lee Junho and actress Lee Se Young as the main leads, premiered on November 12 on MBC. The drama depicts the love story between young prince Yi San (who will later become King Jeongjo of Joseon) and court lady Seong Deok Im. The Red Sleeve’s viewership ratings continuously topped the dramas in the Friday-Saturday timeslot. Episode 5 earned a rating of 8.8% nationwide and 8.1% in Seoul.

Besides the storyline, one of the biggest charms that contribute to the success of The Red Sleeve is Lee Junho‘s acting. Ever since he started pursuing an acting career, Lee Junho has garnered much attention with his roles in JTBC’s Just Between Lovers, tvN’s Confession, and KBS2’s Chief Kim. Many netizens left comments appreciating the male idol’s acting:

• “Junho’s acting is top-tier”
  • “I couldn’t even breathe while watching today’s episode. The Red Sleeve is awesome”
  • “Amazing, I cried when the episode ended”
  • “Lee Junho broke the stereotype that idols can’t act”
  • “I don’t watch dramas often so I only know Junho as a member of 2PM but since when has his acting been this good?”

Lee Junho, better known by his stage name Junho, was born in 1990. Before he started acting, he left an impression on the public as the main vocalist of the 2nd generation idol group 2PM. He is highly appreciated as both a singer and an actor.

LINK: https://kbizoom.com/2pms-lee-junho-helps-shut-down-the-negative-stereotype-about-idol-turned-actors/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

15 hours ago, suhodorable said:

Found a comment from Reddit which also luckily agree to what I thought also lol

Spoiler

That is interesting, and it could very well be true.

And I also think she expected some kind of cold/angry reaction from San, so she might have been a very very scared with San at that moment but her adamant answer and refusal to follow CL Jo plans speaks at her faith in San. 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1