The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

2 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I watched with viki subs for some early mins of ep 5. But I stopped, the translation got me super confused. Lols. So I went back with Viu, it is better. 

Oh Thanks so much. I do watch as soon as possible but I need to rewarch with better subs quality. so this would really help... :smile:

oh! I hope this reaches more audience, 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
6 hours ago, suhodorable said:

seems like Lee Junho is in trouble after this HAHAHAHA 

hahaha the posts are hilarious.

my bathrub junho... people with such witty comments...

Filming at Kwanghan Pavilion

and it looks like he is already in the red dragon robe..

2nd OST  Lyrics translations

Adorable FMV

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
5 minutes ago, suhodorable said:

Carbon copy of Junho's Yi San hahahahaha so adorable!

That is the pouty cell of Woong in Yumis cells, right?

But Junho already has his avatar of pouty copy in emperor penpen...

Spoiler

and this time they even added the abs. the detail. hahahaha!!!!

People are so desperate for that 15% rating LOL

and the song would {probably} be "My House"... hahahaha At this rate Jun.K needs to gift Junho a car. 

Article Praising Junho's acting:

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Wonderful detail left by this viewer:

Been reading her contents and I am loving it so much..

The part of her noticing and connecting about San, answering never wanting to be a commoner but then he really did cosplay as the royal lecturer, flew over me. 

And the flowers symbolisms that she explained accentuates the focus, care and effort to details that are done by PD Jung. 

I actually felt it first here:

In this scene of King Yeongjo and San. King Yeong was showing his authority but showing his concern by hugging him and comforting him like he was a normal grandpa. But we know it is all strategic and ripe with so much symbolism. This is when I knew that PD jungw as not playing around.  

Anyway here is a review of shows, and I liked how some things are explained in context regarding the story. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4
42 minutes ago, suhodorable said:

Wonderful detail left by this viewer:

Oh this was really insightful. 

@czakhareinaI did not realise they haven't finished filming. I wonder how far along they are? I am never fan of live shooting. Sometimes it really goes down the wire till almost the day before the finale and they are still shooting. That happened to Live Up To Your Name ( Kim Nam Gil) 

4th OST 

Hwang Min-hyun will sing the 4th OST 'I'll Be With You All Days' of the MBC drama 'Red Sleeves'.It will be released on December 5th.

NISI20211129_0000879978_web.jpg?rnd=2021

@Alice WonderlandPossibly Viu subs are easier to understand for us non-speakers but the nuance can be lost . Like the part where he tells her "She's his person" , Viu translated it as "You work for me" . LOL. 

credit @bluepebbles screenshot

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM but since I recognized more korean vocabularies, so even they translated it a bit different, I dont feel it too much changed. They make it simple to understand using different analogies. 

Kdramas is more often used to live-shooting, I'm not a fan of it either. Cuz when their pre-produced episodes already aired all that will stop them to give us next preview episodes. Cuz they're still filming it and the rest time before it goes on air probably used for editing the scenes. 

I think among all the saeguks I am watching this year, The red sleeves feels a bit different, reminds me of these classic saeguk like moon sun and dong yi, I love it. And oh my god, last time I watch JH was in his chef drama I forgot, along with JH, which I didnt finish. But here he looks more handsome as this romantic crown prince, hahaha. My heart flutters whenever he looks at DI so deeply. Also LSY plays DI character so well and their chemistry is good. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Finally got around to checking this one out and the verdict is… I am absolutely loving it! 

I find all the characters interesting and the chemistry between the leads is so good! The ending of ep 6 got my heart racing!! 

The king is so crazy. He’s so abusive. He’s harsh and cruel and he claims to do it out of love for Yi San but really, he acts on impulse based on whether he feels he is being threatened or ridiculed. 

This is my first time seeing Jun Ho and I am impressed. Now crushing hard on him. :heart:

I like that this drama is giving us a closer look at the daily lives and challenges of being a court lady. I now have a better appreciation for them. 

i love that Deok-I’m is written as an intelligent and capable female lead, making her an equal partner to Yi San. Can’t wait to see how the rest of it unfolds. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Welcome @Mouse we all here love it too! :wow:

14 minutes ago, Mouse said:

The king is so crazy. He’s so abusive. He’s harsh and cruel and he claims to do it out of love for Yi San but really, he acts on impulse based on whether he feels he is being threatened or ridiculed. 

I think he took the part in turning his son, the late crown prince into what he was, seeing how he treats San all this time. He loves him but what he did mostly like abusing him. I feel so sorry seeing how he come to see hin and then hits him. He cried, it broke my heart to see him in pain with all the humiliation and unfair treatment. 

I saw him in JBL and WoL (I googled to remember this)  but only here in Red Sleeves I fall hard on him, his acting and his gorgeous look. Officially adopting him into my oppa-list. Hahaha

21 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I like that this drama is giving us a closer look at the daily lives and challenges of being a court lady. I now have a better appreciation for them. 

And the four musketeers, DI along with her friends are so lovely. I love how the three cheering her when she dislikes the fact that a maid isnt supposed to think but she keeps having so much thoughts in her head. The camera took their shot from behind, I hope they keep their friendship for long. 

25 minutes ago, Mouse said:

i love that Deok-I’m is written as an intelligent and capable female lead, making her an equal partner to Yi San. Can’t wait to see how the rest of it unfolds

Oh, I couldn't agree more!! I always and always love to watch more dramas with brilliant and intelligent female lead in it. Remember the scene of when she taught him that a king should know how to apologize when he makes mistakes that way he could be a good king. He doesn't know yet she is the little maid he looked for and the true savior of him, not that hong lecturer. I wonder how he would feel if he recognized her later. She does protecting him a lot. 

Glad to have you just done this so we can spazz more on the episodes once more. 😁 I binged watching the episodes. I didn't have much time to share my thoughts here until recently. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@abs-oluteM 

I think they have started filming very early, around May, but junho per se started later around September cause he still had schedules for 2pm comeback. I do think they are filming still

but I don't think they will do the past ways of doinng live shooting where the last edits are done just hours before shooting, mostly because of the pandemic. I think the production have become smarted and more precautioned with covid. They need leeway to make sure that broadcast will go smoothly and without hitch and therefor prevent momentum of the drama.  

Also I did read from someone in twitter mention that they will probably finish filming around early December or Mid December. I dont knowhow legit that is through

@Alice Wonderland

I think saguek has turned fusion fantasy over they years.

there has been so many materials in webtoons. novels on fusion fantasy. then add to it the growing  wider international base that seem to probably get into the fantasy genre more so than the past classics. and lastly I do think chinese wuxia did influence the growth in number of fusion drama. I know it is always though as kdrama spreadinga nd chinese getting influenced, but I do think they have their moments of give and take of ideas mainly cause what is demanded should be give to the audience.

about Wok of Love, honestly I was excited for that drama because of the casting, but once it aired I totally lost interest after 3 episode. the story just felt off. like a clanking bicycle but one of the tires is so flat and out of loop. I was sad to let that go, but I didnt really have the fortitude to continue. But I revisited it early this year, and weirdly I decided to start around episode 7 or 8, and man I feel for it. like literally enjoyed the OTP so much. Junho and Ryeowon are so adorable together. But Junho definitely was such a eye candy, he fits being Seo Poong so much. 

So I guess I understand where you are coming from about him fitting being CP, but Seo Poong is just as adorable. he just needs a few episodes and patience to grow on you.

@Mouse

welcome to the club... :hearties:

I think with the King, it was the sign of the times where corporal punishment was part of the way of disciplining the child, as the saying goes "use the rod beat the child".

I do think that seeing this King Yeongjo, was probably harsher to his son Sado than he probably was with San. I mean he literally drove sado crazy. But I think Yeongjo has the existential purpose of legitimizing his persona, that was why he was so hard on Sado, and even San. He was very much criticized for being low born because of his mother. So he wanted that appeal of creating a perfect heir. 

But weirdly and probably worse with yeongjo is he did spoil his daughters. That probably is 1 factor that lead to sado's mental state. He felt alone in the world where in he is always being criticized/punished for everything but he could see his sisters being favored.

anyway for the most parts, i do think the King is really rooting for San. in his own way in that era, it probably is the norm.

MBC released the official MV for the 2nd OST

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Seems that Tuesday is an article fest for The Red Sleeve! And also, MBC Drama Awards 2021 is happening on December 30. Hoping for the best!

The novel is also gaining the locals' attention too

Spoiler

Most likely they will wrap up the filming by early December? PD Jung's message for them sounded like they have a month left for filming I suppose?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

I think with the King, it was the sign of the times where corporal punishment was part of the way of disciplining the child, as the saying goes "use the rod beat the child".

I do think that seeing this King Yeongjo, was probably harsher to his son Sado than he probably was with San. I mean he literally drove sado crazy. But I think Yeongjo has the existential purpose of legitimizing his persona, that was why he was so hard on Sado, and even San. He was very much criticized for being low born because of his mother. So he wanted that appeal of creating a perfect heir. 

But weirdly and probably worse with yeongjo is he did spoil his daughters. That probably is 1 factor that lead to sado's mental state. He felt alone in the world where in he is always being criticized/punished for everything but he could see his sisters being favored.

anyway for the most parts, i do think the King is really rooting for San. in his own way in that era, it probably is the norm.

I agree with this. I think that the king had likely contributed to his son’s mental breakdown. And yes, I think it’s largely due to his complex where he feels the need to assert his authority, power and position as king. We see that the times he is immensely triggered is when there is any mention of his lowly birth or when he feels he is disrespected. Like you, I also think he genuinely loves and cares for Yi San. Unfortunately his judgement is often clouded by his insecurities. He also cannot come to terms with his son’s failure to live up to his standards nor can he accept his role in it. So he overcompensates with San which actually does more harm than good. 

San is stronger than his father but not because of the way his grandfather treats him. He is strong because of his determination to be a better ruler and out of a genuine desire to help people. I really loved the scene right after his grandfather slaps him while he was in confinement. I don’t enjoy the abuse but it made me admire San even more. When he said that he is used to the pain and knows pain but he tolerates it because he knows the pains people suffer and that if he endures, he can be in a better position to help those who suffer. That, to me, makes him a great king. 

not to mention the acting in that scene! It wasn’t  just about the physical pain he had to endure from his grandfather but the humiliation of having to go through it while the woman he admires is on the other side of the door, witnessing all of this. It was so embarrassing for him as a man and as her master, the highly esteemed crown prince. I was really moved by that scene. 

It seems to me that the head court lady does not want San to be king because she fears he will turn out exactly like his father. What I don’t understand is why she seems to want Deok-Im to be his concubine. 

@suhodorable that bath scene was intense! I honestly can’t blame Deok-Im for “falling” into the water with San. I would too!!  :smug:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

about Wok of Love, honestly I was excited for that drama because of the casting, but once it aired I totally lost interest after 3 episode. the story just felt off. like a clanking bicycle but one of the tires is so flat and out of loop. I was sad to let that go, but I didnt really have the fortitude to continue. But I revisited it early this year, and weirdly I decided to start around episode 7 or 8, and man I feel for it. like literally enjoyed the OTP so much. Junho and Ryeowon are so adorable together. But Junho definitely was such a eye candy, he fits being Seo Poong so much.

Same exact feeling here. Love the 3 cast and was so looking forward to it. I think I went past ep.3 though... maybe I should revisit too. As for Junho, I first fell in love with him from Chief Kim, and fell hard for him in JBL. WoL is the only one drama of his that I didn’t finish. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@suhodorable for real? MBC annpunced their award show date sched? Well that gave some peace of mind. 

Honestly i have actually not been much interested in awards shows over the past 5-6 years, but due to Junho and Red Sleeve, I am so pumped for it this year. So come on, lets go...

LoL "Let's go to our bath"... so Junho gave new catchphrase to the post military shower scene  hahaha. Way the go Junho. 

So proud of him right now. It is really his SPRING...!

@Mouse

Yeah it is pretty heart breaking that scene when his grandpa was abusing him. But in a way i kinda am glad that DI was there. Because in that moment someone was there to comfort him as a human. Not just a prince. 

Also i know this may not sound like a consolation but I think I wann give some props to grandpa for ordering his entourage not to follow him to San. He most likely knew that if more people was witness to him punishing San that way, it would reach other peoples ears and it would just humiliate San. This way less people saw San being disciplined. 

@ktcjdrama

Also set your expectation at a right level. I actually went and watch Wok Of Love with my expectation at the lowest of low. I was like, "Junho is coming back, but i miss him, I've seen his JBL, CK, memory and confession, and his movies. So this is the only one left, might as well just watch it."  so i watched it again and I saw different color and charm to it.

So i guess its all about perspective... hahahaha

Drama buzz ranking:

The upward trend. And the domination in this 3rd week... congrats Red Sleeve...

Actors/actress Ranking:

Ranked 1 and 2...! YAY!

And just sharing this one fanart, cause i am missing emperor penpen

Spoiler

Hahaha they made DeokIm penguin pouty too....

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
4 hours ago, Mouse said:

It seems to me that the head court lady does not want San to be king because she fears he will turn out exactly like his father. What I don’t understand is why she seems to want Deok-Im to be his concubine. 

I really hate how some people are too judgemental and labeling person without getting to know the fact or the evidence first. And this head lady court is one of them. I think we still don't see much to what happened to his dad in the past. All I know was several tales of CP Sado from other kdramas/movies, we haven't seen The Red Slevees version yet. So probably there something more than what we thought. The palace politician and how his dad just blindly agreed to these two-faced ministers cause the misunderstanding between them and it led to his death. Just like how the king was is easily manipulated whenever they try to frame San into troubles. 

I agreed San is different from his dad, his dad probably went insane because of the stress and the presures he couldn't handle and not much people around him who helped him. 

@czakhareina I didn't finish it. I dropped it around episode 3 or 4 too. LOL

Spoiler

Like you said, the drama didn't interest me that much so I had to drop it very early. Then I saw some clips from Kocowa that the romance took over and it was really sweet one. But I was still hesitated to pick it back up. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Mouse said:

It wasn’t  just about the physical pain he had to endure from his grandfather but the humiliation of having to go through it while the woman he admires is on the other side of the door, witnessing all of this. It was so embarrassing for him as a man and as her master, the highly esteemed crown prince. I was really moved by that scene.

Yeah, it was really embarrassing that Deok Im had to witness that family affair (and finding out that this is not just a one-time incident but a repeated one). But more than anything, when she asked San if he was okay, it touched him further because removing the status aside, there are 2 individuals tackling on what had transpired emotionally and mentally. 

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

I think she's planning to make Deok Im a distraction to San's way to throne succession. I think she wanted Deok Im to be his concubine that early since she thinks that Deok Im is the only one who can handle San. When we initially thought she plans to make it happen after he becomes a king, hahahaha nope, it's the other way around.

Anyway wanna share this one here lol

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@suhodorable hahaha his grandma,, !!! hahaha the horror look on his face.

and man I am just satisfied with how MBC has been doing the promotions, but add that above clip of how they are making the drama look so darn pretty. I am just so satisfied. thank you MBC! And of course the captain of the ship is PD Jung. I remember Lee DeokHwan-nim mentioned during presser about PD Jung, he mentioned about her sincerity. and I do agree, you can feel the sincerity of PD Jung. Thank you PD Jung!!!

BTW here is another ranking system that I dont really understand but all i know is that Junho is 2nd and Seyoung is 3rd. is this already part of the system ranking that Lee JunHo Ph at twitter posted... the ranking that signify, TRS is ALLKILL?

Original Sound Track 3

Jeong Se-woon 'As if you were my miracle'

this is adorable:

I infer Junho loves playing Jeongjo. he has been sending these coffee/snack trucks signed as Jeongjo...

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
13 hours ago, suhodorable said:

I think she's planning to make Deok Im a distraction to San's way to throne succession. I think she wanted Deok Im to be his concubine that early since she thinks that Deok Im is the only one who can handle San. When we initially thought she plans to make it happen after he becomes a king, hahahaha nope, it's the other way around.

Ooo this is a good point. And I suppose San's mother is on the other end of the spectrum - worried that Deok Im being a distraction, hence does not want her to be his concubine. 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:49 AM, czakhareina said:

Also I did read from someone in twitter mention that they will probably finish filming around early December or Mid December. I dont knowhow legit that is through

:psweatduck: that is so close to the finale....

On 11/29/2021 at 11:10 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I think among all the saeguks I am watching this year, The red sleeves feels a bit different, reminds me of these classic saeguk like moon sun and dong yi, I love it. 

True true... this is the only actual Sageuk.  The rest were fusion or fantasy. 

@Chocolate year end is coming, maybe you can take leave and binge ! ahahah...The show has very good harem politics ( which I think you may appreciate) and from the title you can tell a large chunk of the story will be told from the perspective of the women in this show. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

[theqoo] An actress with insane royal beauty in The Red Sleeve

DD5BAE06-9DBC-463B-9174-FFC70A8492CD-768

ctress Jang Heejin

She seems like she was born wearing a queen’s outfit

Her visuals and voice tone are both elegant, she’s graceful, elegant, firm, gorgeous – she does it all

Original Post

[Views: 76,663, Comments: 280

Comments translated: 269 – 280]

1. She’s elegant and I like her voice

2. Royal beauty ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah this is amazing

3. [T/N: this comment is quoting an earlier comment] 

85. Unknown TheQooer at 02:40
Doctor!! Is our baby a boy or a girl?
“It’s a queen”

F*ck ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. Watch The Village: Achiara’s Secret… I watched that and fell for Jang Heejin ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [in reply to comment 271/comment 3 above] You must be crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I laughed like crazy

6. I was wondering what you meant by royal beauty ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s seriously the first time I’ve heard that…

7. Is she playing Queen Hyoui?

8. I love you

9. Royal beauty ㅋㅋㅋ A queen since birth? ㅋ But she’s good and suits it well

10.  Are royal beauty and beauty different?

11.  I like Jang Heejin. I thought she’d rise a bit but she seriously hasn’t hit big ㅠㅠ

12. She’s my favourite character in The Red Sleeve ㅜ

LINK: https://netizen-kore.com/2021/11/theqoo-an-actress-with-insane-royal-beauty-in-the-red-sleeve-jpg.html

Another post on this

So glad that Jang Heejin is getting so much praise. She really has been awesome as queen. and she is sooo pretty....

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Shine With Their Synchronized Chemistry On Set Of “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 30, 2021 | by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has shared a making-of video from the filming of episodes 3 and 4!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial court romance between a court lady named Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young) and crown prince Yi San (2PM’s Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love.

The clip depicts the two lead actors’ dazzling chemistry. They spot the making-of camera and point to it with serious faces. However, they are quick to smile, and they warmly form a heart with their hands. The two make various poses, and Lee Junho can’t stop laughing at their quirkiness. They even clasp hands and waltz around as if they are at a ball.

Spoiler

the-red-sleeve-14.jpg

Lee Se Young also shows special chemistry with Kang Hoon as they film the part where they share an umbrella. While waiting to dive into filming, Kang Hoon comments he can’t tell how tall he is now because of the traditional hat he’s wearing. Lee Se Young asks, “You suddenly grew taller, right?” Kang Hoon replies, “I grew 20 centimeters (approximately 7.9 inches).”

Spoiler

the-red-sleeve-21.jpg

Lee Junho and Lee Se Young then come together to film a scene in the queen’s room. He explains the scene, saying, “Deok Im must’ve done something wrong today. Since she’s my court lady, [Princess Hwawan, who is played by Seo Hyo Rim] keeps messing with me.” Lee Se Young looks distraught as if she’s really her character, and she says a message to the queen, saying, “Please take pity on me.”

While waiting, Lee Junho, Lee Se Young, Seo Hyo Rim, and Jang Hee Jin play the Frying Pan Game where they have to say their name a certain number of times to a certain beat. Lee Junho tells Lee Se Young to say her name eight times, and his co-star makes everyone burst into laughter with the groovy way she completes the task. Jang Hee Jin jokes, “How dare you do that here!” Lee Junho pretends to order someone to punish her, and Seo Hyo Rim kids, “Give her 200 floggings!”

Spoiler

the-red-sleeve-31.jpg

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1501261wpp/watch-2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-shine-with-their-synchronized-chemistry-on-set-of-the-red-sleeve

MBC has December calendar. hahaha

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1