The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

Making Videos

Episode 3-4

I am so glad MBC has lifted the restriction for their recent videos..

and Jung PD's laugh really is loud and lively..:laugh:

and as always Lee Deokhwa-nim :wow2:

and I saw in twitter @suhodorable post/post/retweet of Junho and Lee Jehoon, regarding them playing father-son character (albeit in different dramas)

they do have the father-son feels...!!!

they really look a like...

FE62rzoUcAIsyvN?format=jpg&name=large

PS: they can and should play as brothers in some project

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Can see that MBC is working hard with all the film making goodies ! 

How cute are they? :wow:

I love a lot of Ben's OSTs and I so look forward to the 2nd one 

ac6726b6dcbd98.jpg

"The Star That Never Sleeps'' will be released  on the 28th of November

'The Star That Never Sleeps' is a ballad song that harmonizes with Ben's mournful voice and rich string sound. In the lyrics, the heart of the court lady Deok-im (Lee Se-young), who looked at the king, who puts the country first over love, was heartily contained.

'The Star That Never Sleeps' was inserted into the 4th episode of 'Red Sleeves', which aired on the 20th, and captured the ears of viewers. Due to Ben's unique tone and emotion, requests for the release of the sound source for 'The Star That Never Sleeps' flooded.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Can see that MBC is working hard with all the film making goodies ! 

How cute are they? :wow:

I know right, MBC thank you...

Their sway/swing/slow dancing had me giggle and scream... 

okay I am dead set for this OTP...!!!  shipping them so much...!

“The Red Sleeve” Remains Most Buzzworthy Drama For 2nd Week + Song Hye Kyo Reigns Over Actor List

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 24, 2021 | BE. Cha

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has defended its title as the most buzzworthy drama of the week!

For the second consecutive week, “The Red Sleeve” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to “The Red Sleeve” remaining No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas, stars Lee Se Young and 2PM’s Lee Junho came in at No. 3 and No. 7 respectively on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members this week.

Meanwhile, “Now We Are Breaking Up” star Song Hye Kyo reigned over the actor rankings at No. 1 for the second consecutive week. Her co-star Jang Ki Yong came in at No. 4, while “Now We Are Breaking Up” ranked No. 3 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas.

KBS 2TV’s “The King’s Affection” swept the No. 2 spot on both lists, with Park Eun Bin and SF9’s Rowoon claiming No. 2 and No. 6 respectively in the actor rankings.

KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” held onto its spot at No. 4 on the drama list this week, and star Ji Hyun Woo also maintained his position at No. 5 on the actor list.

Finally, tvN’s “Happiness” remained No. 5 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas, while stars ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo rose to No. 9 and No. 10 in the actor rankings respectively.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of November are as follows:

1. MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”
  2. KBS 2TV’s “The King’s Affection”
  3. SBS’s “Now We Are Breaking Up”
  4. KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman”
  5. tvN’s “Happiness”
  6. tvN’s “Jirisan
  7. KBS 2TV’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy
  8. JTBC’s “Reflection of You”
  9. tvN’s “Melancholia
  10. JTBC’s “Inspector Koo
Spoiler

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Song Hye Kyo (“Now We Are Breaking Up”)
  2. Park Eun Bin (“The King’s Affection”)
  3. Lee Se Young (“The Red Sleeve”)
  4. Jang Ki Yong (“Now We Are Breaking Up”)
  5. Ji Hyun Woo (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)
  6. Rowoon (“The King’s Affection”)
  7. Lee Junho (“The Red Sleeve”)
  8. Go Hyun Jung (“Reflection of You”)
  9. Park Hyung Sik (“Happiness”)
  10. Han Hyo Joo (“Happiness”)
Spoiler

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members.jpg

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1500198wpp/the-red-sleeve-remains-most-buzzworthy-drama-for-2nd-week-song-hye-kyo-reigns-over-actor-list

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Behind the scenes

Cast IG updates 

Princess Chaungyeon aka Lee San's sister

- Kim Ion

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

Princess Hwahwa aka Lee San's Aunt

- Seo Hyorim

Link

Kim Bok-Yeon aka Hong Deokroo fangirl/sasaeng fan

- Lee Minji

Link

Royal Secretary Jung Baek-Ik aka Lee Sans' aunt adoptive son

- Kwon HyunMin

Link 1

Link 2

Kim Doo-Sung aka Husband of  youngest the elder younger sister of San's

-Kim KangMin

Link

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3

Trying 1 episode. It is good. The main female character is clever. The child actors are excellent! I like how they portrayed the characters so well despite of their young age. My heart sunk for that little crown prince when he cried for his grandmother. The writer is doing a good job for making a good plot and storylines. I dont get bored so it is a good sign. Will continue for ep 2. Aww, yea, we've seen the handsome young king and his fateful lady court. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Junho posted replies/updates in bubble today, #준호버블 has trended in twitter: 

• he says to also be ready to have our hearts racing [@mcheller]
  • he puts 10 hotpacks on himself while filming all day outside TT_TT can't even wear a long jacket bc it'll wrinkle the hanbok [@mcheller]
  • Lee Junho said get ready to cry, laugh and have our hearts racing [@sh_RD1]
  • "get ready to cry, laugh and prepare a heart attack, too”  [@jiaokayy]
    Spoiler

2PM’s Lee Junho, Lee Se Young, And More Make Hilarious Mistakes In “The Red Sleeve” Blooper Reel

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 24, 2021 by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has shared a fun glimpse behind the scenes of filming!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial court romance between a court lady named Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young) and crown prince Yi San (2PM’s Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love.

The new video features lots of amusing outtakes from the drama. Despite the seriousness of the scenes, the actors can’t help but laugh at their hilarious mistakes. In one scene, Lee Se Young is supposed to fly right into Lee Junho’s arms, causing them to stumble into the water. However, she just lands in his embrace, and they freeze at the unexpected situation. Lee Junho playfully drops her lower, making Lee Se Young scream with laughter.

Another blooper happens when the court ladies bow to Chief Court Lady (Park Ji Young) after she finishes talking to them. They’re not supposed to straighten up right away, but Lee Se Young does just that. She notices her mistake and smoothly bows back down while commenting, “She’s not leaving yet.” The crew members burst into laughter, and she grins sheepishly.

Then there’s the famous scene where Yi San catches Seong Deok Im before she falls and pushes her back into the bookshelves, causing her face to smash against the books. While filming the scene, Lee Se Young ends up collapsing backward, and Lee Junho quickly catches her. Surprised, he asks if she’s all right, and she reassures him that she’s fine.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1500289wpp/watch-2pms-lee-junho-lee-se-young-and-more-make-hilarious-mistakes-in-the-red-sleeve-blooper-reel

OST Live Teaser

Ben - The Star That Never Sleeps

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Junho knows how to play with our hearts with his latest Bubble messages

insert extra clowning as well :pandahehe:

some news translation tidbits I found:

Spoiler

some good news I wanna share today (please check the whole thread):

P.S. if only I get the chance, I'll try teasing Lee Je Hoon by asking if he saw his son San, because he grew up so well LOL

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Making Video Ep 3 - 4

EngSub

Cr: JLML718

@suhodorable

He is such a tease with those dropped kinda spoiler. I wished he'd drop some pics in his twitter and IG... 

Also hope the filming is safe, cause 10 hot packs is nearly not enough in the cold weather with just hanbok. 

A stylist posted a clip of start of snow at the set, a couple of days back

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Thanks all for your updates....one more day to new episode.

When I saw this gif, I felt very sorry for his mother. Has she always stayed away from the palace as in after CP Sado died? 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

The Red Sleeve production has opened (THIS EARLY) interest survey for the bluray production lol

If the production pushes through and buyers receive the bluray, SOP is for buyers not to post any content from the merch elsewhere

For supplemental reading:

Book Review on the Harrowing Memoirs of Lady Hyegyeong

Telling the Time During Joseon Period
Thread of links to read about King Yeongjo and King Jeongjo

Gyujanggak (a royal library) thread

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@suhodorable I am laughing hard at your spoiler. She was just saying it to rile him up and she is lying to herself for sure. 

The local viewers are pretty supportive of the show...I see many positive articles about it such as this one. I place an extract here:

p1065569436685371_576_thum.jpg

At the same time, the reaction to the actors Lee Jun-ho and Lee Se-young, who are working together in the roles of 'Isan' and 'Seongdeok-im' in the play, is also hot. They  are playing the young adults of 'Jeongjo Isan' and 'Euibin', which are well known to later generations, and are praised for their fresh face and youthful charm. In addition, Lee Jun-ho is making headlines with his historical drama acting that exceeds the public's expectations by showing a heavy yet sweet low-pitched voice and perfect diction. In addition, Lee Se-young is proving herself that the nickname 'the undefeated goddess of historical dramas' , boasting an acting spectrum that freely moves back and forth between youthfulness and seriousness.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2021112499784

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Ep 4 done. I still like it. It becomes more interesting. So the crown prince lecturer is actually duk im's brother. Both doesn't recognize each other yet. He seems only remembers her as the little maid who threw the book and hid behind the folding screen. And she knows her only as that popular handsome and kind lecturer. He begged the CP's mother to save her but probably he doesn't know where she's taken with. 

In the palace there is always an evil witch who acts obnoxiously. If I could I wanna sew that CP's aunt's mouth. The actress doing a good job in making me hate her so much. Lols. 

Everyone seems to put Deok Im in a tight spot. Poor her, let this girl free. But we won't get a story if it goes with a shortcut like this. I will wait like 4 eps more and binge watching. That way I can hold for my annoyance if that witch comes back on screen. 

Hopefully, the writer will make deok im can stand herself if she got bullied. I am tired seeing a female lead can do nothing to save her from difficult situation. And on top of that, she is written to be that clever since a kid. So please dont suddenly turn her into a stupid candy girl now. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@suhodorable @abs-oluteM

Haha i think he probably more perplexed than the time when she was skeptical about him being the "most handsome man in the land" lecturer. 

Lee san has it tough when it comes to DeokIm. Hehehehe.

I did see a fanart in twitter that makes me wish it would happen. Though tough luck this is saguek and also not cable so i'd have the art inspire my imagination

Spoiler

Though man if she was saying that as truth. i can certainly see where the 15 years of waiting came from...

@Alice Wonderland 

Based on history, Deokro he is not DeokIm's brother. But in the previous same figure drama Yi San, he does have a sister in history that becomes Lee San's concubine but she dies in the harem pretty quickly.

I think for the most parts, DeokIm can be and probably be a Candu Girl  given the circumstances and the law of the land imposed on women at that time. She can be smart or have wits but if the royals and nobles have some higher agenda or tactics or wants. She would probably need saving to be extracted from. 

But i do hope the drama will be able to balance that out. Cause the poster and teaser all made it a point for DeokIm saying "I will protect him" or something about the same beat.

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Star Struck 2