The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I just finished episode 5. Crack up so much at Deok Im changing tune and started sucking up to Yi San :laugh: Love San's expression as it was unexpected. Deok Im is so smart LOLOL. All that anger immediately evaporated :lmao2:

I am watching half way ...and I just had to come here and squeal like @ktcjdrama . She's a smart girl...she riled him off and quickly praised him  to save her skin. Made me laugh so hard!

4 hours ago, Mizv said:

My bad vibe about Deok Ro remaining same.  He is a traitor.  I hope San will realize this soon.  Cuz getting the feeling poop will hit the ceiling soon.

Agreed. This episode - you can see how black hearted and cold he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm a bit confused about the scene of a dead guard. I had my eyes wide open for every episode, what did I miss about this? And why did San not slept for over 3 days for it?

during the tiger hunting, one of his guard shot an arrow at him, it passed close to his face.

I think he has not slept mostly because of  him getting ansty that one of his people, those that serve him is out trying to kill him or will try again.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

funny that he was so thrilled to share the books he likes with Deok Im (typical action when one is interested at another person and excited to share what they love to the people they like) only for Deok Im to interpret it as a punishment HAHAHA. And yes to the confession so soon already and all his actions point to confirm where his heart lies. I'd think he would want to conceal it for the sake of himself and her safety... hmm.

I am getting such a good kick at San being such a geek. that was the only time his face showed so much excitement.

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Agreed. This episode - you can see how black hearted and cold he is.

Thank goodness DeokIm come to that realization. j

But the court ladies though, they really are scary saseang...

Behind The Scenes Ep5

FFK7Bc5VIAUJex7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

CLICK HERE

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
5 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

But the court ladies though, they really are scary saseang...

Yes...I laughed but I also thought to myself if only they knew his true colours. What I thought was quite eye opening was that within San's inner circle, there's also brewing conflict. The others are no fans of Deok Ro. Oh ,  San's bro in law is also part of his inner circle right? I am assuming he's married to one of San's sisters.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I teared up at the end of the episode. Have to say the production quality of this drama is really really high. Somehow I can tell the difference in their Saguek tone compared to the previous Saguek I’ve watched before. Really appreciate that. 

Urgh, Deok Ro is definitely bad news! I dislike the way he looked down on Deok Im, that he doesn’t care what a courtlady had in mind. Had to laugh that he thought he could get an answer of what San thinks of Deok Im. 

I can understand now why Courtlady Jo will be against San becoming the king. It’s unfortunate, but her concern is real. The one I don’t quite understand is San’s mother. Why is she against San with Deok Im. She wanted San to focus on ascending the throne and not be distracted by a girl? That scene where she purposefully let San say what he thinks of courtlady was smart of her, but wicked, urgh! Poor Deok Im having to listen to all that after a love confession. But San was really good in covering up his shock and pointedly say out he knew his mother’s doing. I also appreciate that at the end, he acknowledged her feelings being hurt that day. 

The aunt, and her adopted son. Did she think by ousting San, her son will have a chance at the throne?? And hopefully this is my only rant for the drama production... they don’t look the least bit like mother and son 🤣

Okay, I shall declare I am officially in love with Lee San by Junho :love:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Party! 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

More on the Poem Read by DeokIm to San

Cast IG update:

Spoiler *Wink**Wink*, San becomes king...!

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes...I laughed but I also thought to myself if only they knew his true colours. What I thought was quite eye opening was that within San's inner circle, there's also brewing conflict. The others are no fans of Deok Ro. Oh ,  San's bro in law is also part of his inner circle right? I am assuming he's married to one of San's sisters.

well, I think DeokIm is rational one since she never was a that into Deokro... 

But With the Sasaeng court ladies, I think they would deny everything and say that he is framed or he is forced by San to do the things he is doing.

Both of san's sister are married and those two guys are San's brother-in-law.  and yup they are classified as Sa's people/inner circle

The guy with facial hair is married to san's Maknae sister.

While the pretty boy he called "hyung-nim" is married to the younger sister who came next to San.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
44 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The one I don’t quite understand is San’s mother. Why is she against San with Deok Im. She wanted San to focus on ascending the throne and not be distracted by a girl? That scene where she purposefully let San say what he thinks of courtlady was smart of her, but wicked, urgh! Poor Deok Im having to listen to all that after a love confession. But San was really good in covering up his shock and pointedly say out he knew his mother’s doing. I also appreciate that at the end, he acknowledged her feelings being hurt that day. 

Same. The mother knows that San has fallen for Deok Im. And she gives instructions to Deok Im to look after him. Was it to put Deok Im in her place - she wanted to Deok Im not to get to ambitious to aspire higher as she needs Deok Im to do her bidding ?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

I finally finished the episode. It takes me awhile with this show as I like to savour the episode and tweet out my thoughts. The production quality and story telling here is fantastic and I just love the details in the dialogues as they reveal many things. The romance has this heart clutching feel to it and I also like how it intertwines with the politics and palace life.

The last part of eps 5 moved me to tears. San's been living in the shadow of his father's illness & subsequent murder by his own grandfather. Constantly being reminded  not to become like the father. How does one even keep his sanity that way?  But props to San because he has steely determination and he knows why he must ascend the throne. He has a vision for his people and he wants that power to do what's best for them. And in Deok Im , I felt he has found that partner and supporter given how courageous and loyal she is. She sees what he has to go through. I dare say that she has affections for him at this point given how offended she was when he told his mother he will not marry beneath him. LOL ...of course he was just saying what his mother wanted to hear. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Get Into A Heart-Fluttering Accident During Bath Time In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 27, 2021 by L. Kim

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” unveiled new stills of 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young!

“The Red Sleeve” is a new historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER

Previously on the drama, Yi San and Seong Deok Im grew closer after resolving their misunderstandings. Yi San encountered a complex situation due to his political opponents, and through that crisis, Seong Deok Im got a glimpse into his scarred heart. Seong Deok Im vowed to protect Yi San, making viewers anticipate the upcoming episode.

The newly released stills capture dizzying tension between the two characters. Yi San is taking a bath with only his undergarments, and his intense gaze is fixed on Seong Deok Im, who is the only one there to assist him. She keeps her eyes away from him, but it’s apparent she feels uneasy.

Seong Deok Im’s anxiousness heightens when they both somehow end up in the tub. Yi San’s arms are around her, and his eyes are still pinned on her. Seong Deok Im, who is soaked from head to toe, is stiff with nervousness, and she doesn’t dare look into his eyes. What kind of developments will occur between them in the future?

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1500686wpp/2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-get-into-a-heart-fluttering-accident-during-bath-time-in-the-red-sleeve

OTHER ARTICLES

• Like 4
2 hours ago, czakhareina said:

during the tiger hunting, one of his guard shot an arrow at him, it passed close to his face.

I think he has not slept mostly because of  him getting ansty that one of his people, those that serve him is out trying to kill him or will try again.

Oh right. So this dead guard is the one who shot an arrow at him. Somehow obviously killed the guard to shut him up.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I teared up at the end of the episode. Have to say the production quality of this drama is really really high. Somehow I can tell the difference in their Saguek tone compared to the previous Saguek I’ve watched before. Really appreciate that. 

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The production quality and story telling here is fantastic and I just love the details in the dialogues as they reveal many things.

Yes agree the production quality of this show is very well-done, down to the BGM. The beginning of this episode the BGM was so majestic and you can tell the audio is HD or something. The sound is just not the same compared to other kdramas I'm watching. Agree with the sageuk tone too as it is traditional and proper which I believe is because this is a serious historical drama, not fusion sageuk.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

The one I don’t quite understand is San’s mother. Why is she against San with Deok Im. She wanted San to focus on ascending the throne and not be distracted by a girl? That scene where she purposefully let San say what he thinks of courtlady was smart of her, but wicked, urgh! Poor Deok Im having to listen to all that after a love confession. But San was really good in covering up his shock and pointedly say out he knew his mother’s doing. I also appreciate that at the end, he acknowledged her feelings being hurt that day. 

I remember she mentioned San must be careful not to have any faults before he ascended the throne so yes, like you said, she doesn't want him to be distracted. I can understand her concerns because there are so many people opposing him ascending the throne so any little mishaps, they will attack Deok Im (after all her parents serve Sado) and use it to drag San down. Jun Ho did the micro-expressions really well in that scene. :pandalove:

• Heart Eyes 3
4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Same. The mother knows that San has fallen for Deok Im. And she gives instructions to Deok Im to look after him. Was it to put Deok Im in her place - she wanted to Deok Im not to get to ambitious to aspire higher as she needs Deok Im to do her bidding ?

I can somehow understand San's mother, her purpose and her motive. 

If you read some excepts of Memoroirs of Lady Hyehyeong, you would see her accounts regarding his husband Sado,  her life in the palace and the politics behind the royal life. You can see her earlier works regarding her life and relationships with the royals when she was young, and then as she grew old her view regarding the court politics.

I think at this stage of her life, she knows enough about court to know that DeokIm could very well be a hindrance of San to the throne. There is already a very high contention against San for the throne for being Crown Prince Sado's Son. If you add DeokIm, a girl of unknown background (she did say that DI is the child of a traitor) the philosophers of that time would just add that  as another bullet against San.

Additionally at this time San has yet to have a child. As the future of the monarch, people always associate having solid ground to having one, and the most solid ground for that would be to have a child with San's Crown Princess. So if DeokIm would be more than a court lady to San (which most likely she has inferred given San's actions), and have a child with her. that would probably create a destabilize or chaotic court, or San would have lesser court hold, which would mean bad for San and the kingdom 

So its is not really about having DeokIm do her bidding, and a little about making sure DeokIm knows where she stands and what the goal and purpose of San is, and it is about the throne.... it maybe a bit sly but I think she knows to survive in the palace she will do things to protect San. 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
On 11/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, czakhareina said:

i think I also saw your retweet on the possible book DI will be reading when San will be confined in his quarters...

is it the same book?

Well it happens to be the same book she's reading and the production gave away the poem she's going to read.

-

So far what I can react on:

• Yi San now knows very well what ticks Deok Im off, and pays attention to her feelings. Most of their conversations are face to face, and that's enough for him to get a gist of what she thinks.
  • Their conversation cuts off thanks to the grandfather, but I think it's all settled to clear the misunderstanding.
  • Junho and Seyoung nailed so well the last 10 minutes of the drama. It so happened that last night after the fun in Blue Dragon Film Awards, this is what welcomed me LOL
  • I think the common ground our nerdy couple has is that they both have a good heart
  • That book shopping became handy later because of his confinement :pandasad:
  • So I guessed it right that it was their first date LOL

Okay this came later after I ate my dinner lol

Edited by suhodorable
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Spoiler recaps for Eps 6 (Part 1) 

d6d600a5-9b01-4833-a1b1-61a88a185141.jpg

Seong Deok-im is drawn to Lee-san, who is trying to become a good king, and decides to actively help Lee-san. Unable to leave the palace, Lee San asks Seong Deok-im to join the meeting instead. and convey his command. Seongdeok-im attended the Dongdukhoe meeting and said, "Look at the behavior of Princess Hwa-wan (Seo Hyo-rin)'s adopted son, Jeong Baek-ik (Kwon Hyun-bin). They are careful with their machinations and tools ( plans to get rid of him) . To remove the ban , I will need someone to help plead / speak to the king . Find someone who can do it ,” Lee San said.

While everyone was thinking of who ask to plead with  King Yeong-jo (Lee Deok-hwa), Deok-im tried to mention someone  but decided closed her mouth. On the way back to the palace,  Hong Deok-ro (Kang Hoon) asks, “Who is the person that you remembered earlier?” After hearing about that person which is the Queen , Hong Deok-ro said, “We cannot see her. Even thinking about it is blasphemous. But you are different from us. Isn't that right?" and he asks for help from Seong-deok-im to approach the Queen.

When she returned to San , he asked, “Did you find a way?” through the door. Deok-im said, “It seems that we have found it. I will meet  the Queen Jung Jeon Mama (Jang Hee-jin) and beg her to be on your side. Only me, a woman can do this. I'll do it," she said.

-------------------------

On this day, Seong Deok-im tried to go to meet the Queen to  ask for help. However, Jungjeon Kim threw only riddles at her . " What is the deepest thing, what is the most difficult hill to climb, and what is the most precious flower?” she asked Deok Im . Seong-deok-im responds sincerely, but  does not give the correct answer. The Queen also asked  "How much does Lee San value me?"

Seong-deok-im, who could not solve all the riddles posed by the Queen, returned to Lee San. Lee San, who found out about this, said, "I dig up the information you want while talking about riddles."

Lee San replies, “The answer to the riddle is the human heart, barley hills, and cotton flowers.” Seong Deok-im knows that all of her answers are wrong and cannot hide her complicated mind.

After that, Lee San called her, who was about to leave her position, "Deok-im-ah." Seong Deok-im was surprised, saying, "It's the first time you've called a low level person  like that."

Lee San said, "You did a great job. I need the help of Queen Jung. Without her help, I can't climb out of this mess. I know, but I haven't found a way until now. Thank you for coming out for me."

He added, "Even if you scold me when I'm scolding you, you should do it when I'm praising you. Because you're mine."

(Her heart shook!!)

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Spoiler recaps for Eps 6 Part 2

Deok Im returned to see the Queen and answered the question about how much Lee San values her.

“To the same extent that Jungjeon Mama values the Crown Prince, he also regards Jungjeon Mama as much. He will dedicate all his filial piety as much as the love for his mother,” said Deok-im. 

Queen calls Deok-im to say, “I have something to say. If you can do it, I can stand by Lee San.” “There is an annoying person. She was arrogant from the first day,” said the Queen expressing her displeasure towards Princess Hwa-wan (Seo Hyo-rim). Basically the Queen wants Deok Im to help her find a way to put Princess Hwa Wan who does not respect her , in her place.

Deok Im found an opportunity to do what the Queen wants . She finds out from the other servants that Princess Hwawan has been buying silk from the Qing Dynasty. Deok Im told the Queen about this and this was an opportunity for the Queen to get Hwa Wan in trouble as they are only supposed to use silk from Joseon. 

Long story short:

Princess Hwawan (played by Seo Hyo-rim) shows off clothes made from silk brought from the Qing Dynasty during the event. Queen tells Princess Hua Wan, “Princess Hwawan, get down on your knees and ask for forgiveness.”  She  slaps Princess Hua Wan in the face and surprises everyone.

Jungjeon told Yeongjo, “I am 7 years younger than Princess Hwawan. Ever since I became a queen at the age of 15, I have always had a lot of trouble. It seems that I did not fulfill her role as a mother. Princess Hwawan showed off her clothes by wearing silk from Qing, not silk from Joseon. That's not right,” she explained. She then took this opportunity &  said, “Forgive Lee San. I know how you feel about your grandchild .The reason why His Majesty gave the ban was because you love and cherish him so much. But the longer the punishment, the harder it will be for them.”

At the end the King forgave Lee San and the ban was lifted. 

King  told Lee San not to complain for too long, and saying he was too harsh. Approaching Lee San, he said, “This grandfather made many mistakes in his life. It's not that I don't know my faults. Still, I did the best I could in every moment. As the king of Joseon, I do this only for Joseon. One day you will sit there and understand me fully.”

MBC sleeve red tip capture

Seong-deok-im saw that Yi-san's prohibition had been lifted and smiled at him, and Lee-san also smiled at Seong-deok-im.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Spoiler recaps for Eps 6 (Final Part)l_2021112702001604400321974.webp

Seong-deok-im saw a girl who  was Hong Deok-ro's sister. Seong Deok-im was puzzled by Hongdeok-ro telling her sister that she will like the palace.

Hong Deok-ro noticed what Deok-im had done and he was feeling insecure.

Deok-ro Hong said to Seong-deok-im (with much sarcasm) ,  " I'm going to tell you a piece of news that might be exciting to you. The Queen secretly persuaded the supreme lord. Thanks to this, the ban on Lee San was lifted. Oh my, you  already knew that. After all, you were the one who persuaded her. You must have had some great talent. In this way, I will lose the position to you " he said.

However Lee San saw their interactions from afar and misunderstood and went into a jealous fit! So his servants wanted to get him a herbal bath to cool him down but none dared to go in due to his temper. Deok Im unknowingly got pushed to do the job 

Seeing that Hong Deok-ro and Seong-deok-im were close together, Lee San could not hide his frustration. He was bewildered by the fact that she had come in with medicinal herbs, and quickly put on his upper garment. Seong-deok-im started adding medicinal herbs to the water.

She added medicinal herbs and stirred the water, so her sleeves were wet. Lee San said, “You and the lecturer (DR)  met alone last night, didn’t you? How close is he to you? Do you know what would happen if that kind of appearance caught the eyes of others?” he asked.

Seong Deok-im said, “Then you should have come right away and scolded him who dared to harass the court lady. Why were you just watching? Did you know that the lecturer always makes fun of court ladies like that? The fact that the court ladies will start gossiping . A competent lecturer , does not get scolded, but the powerless court lady gets criticized .”

At that, Lee San said, “I don’t know about the other court ladies. All I care about is..what  is only mine,” he said, putting down the hand that pointed to her. When Seong-deok-im asked if it was because he was worried, Lee San answered yes.

Lee San approached  Deok-im who was going to fill the water. Seong-deok-im, surprised to see Lee San's body, immediately fell into the water. The two of them got up from the water and breathed heavily without saying a word.

FFNS0iRVUAYbbC5?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

felt he has found that partner and supporter given how courageous and loyal she is. She sees what he has to go through. I dare say that she has affections for him at this point given how offended she was when he told his mother he will not marry beneath him. LOL ...of course he was just saying what his mother wanted to hear

This is why I wonder where will Deok im path will lead to when San is King? Will she be close by or from a distance? 

Looking forward to bath scene today. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I am screaming at the end of todays episode! how can they leave me hanging like this!?  

So now we know (maybe the court ladies too) when San in moody… send over Deom Im. giggles. I truly hope San will listen what Deok said about DR. but guessing right now his mind will be up in the clouds for a few. :lmao2:

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3