I think my excitement is not over yet... While waiting for MH i started to watch PK again...  This song is beautiful... She is so lovely 

I still wonder why she was called ugly then as I am still trying to find 1 scene or shot where she looked ugly or unpleasant... She even looked cute in a mascots attire 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
15 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

Often standards korean beauty can miss the true beauty

She's so beautiful

IMG-20210531-200222.jpg

Most of the times they measured beauty with success range and so called a listers not the true beauty and the range of one's performance... Watching PK again trying to find her non effective as an actor... The girl who actually is brainy acted as a dumbest and made us believe that she don't have brain and self-respect yet never missed to be cutest... She is excellent in that character... I think only JSM can make OH HANI look this adorable even with all her flaws...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 5
1 hour ago, Sominah said:

I still wonder why she was called ugly then as I am still trying to find 1 scene or shot where she looked ugly or unpleasant... She even looked cute in a mascots attire 😂😂😂😂😂

Was she called that in Playful Kiss? I haven't watched PK but I've actually noticed something similar as well in a lot of her shows but I didn't just dare bring it up before. Maybe it just depends on her character and her relationship with other characters. It's been a while since I watched the shows, but I just remember noticing it when I watched them. Not sure about the details now though.

In TSHLYE, both the ML and her brother called her unattractive multiple times. Her brother could have said it just as endearment, and the ML could have said it cause he's sort of a playboy and can get other "prettier" girls. In MFIS, I think they were going for her character as the geeky, unattractive and even a bit masculine one while her sisters were supposed to be the prettier ones. That image sort of started to change when her relationship with LJ started to develop, esp when she got rid of her glasses. In BTIMFL, I think it was the same with her friends. She's sort of supposed to be the neutral looking one. While the other two were supposed to be prettier and sexier. Something like that. I think also in D-Day someone teases her looks? Maybe ML as well, I can't remember.

Honestly, and I hope no one flames me for this, but when I first watched SM, I thought she was just "ok" as well. I'm sure others here have known her since her early days, but my first encounter with her was in BTIMFL. Even if I thought her looks were just okay, I instantly fell in love with her and BTIMFL became an instant favorite. I even watched it twice back to back.. like right after last episode I rewatched it again. After that, I couldn't get enough of her and watched more of her shows right after.

I won't name names, but I know there are some celebrities that just simply exude beauty, be it male or female. SM isn't someone that will stand out because of her beauty, compared to some other celebrities that look like gods and goddesses no mattter what they do. Even in her shows, you can say that a lot of side characters are more "attractive" than her. But maybe that's what makes her so appealing? It makes her and her characters relatable and reachable. Her beauty grows on you and her charm pulls you in.

Hopefully no one misunderstands what I'm trying to say. 😅 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5
2 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Was she called that in Playful Kiss? I haven't watched PK but I've actually noticed something similar as well in a lot of her shows but I didn't just dare bring it up before. Maybe it just depends on her character and her relationship with other characters. It's been a while since I watched the shows, but I just remember noticing it when I watched them. Not sure about the details now though.

In TSHLYE, both the ML and her brother called her unattractive multiple times. Her brother could have said it just as endearment, and the ML could have said it cause he's sort of a playboy and can get other "prettier" girls. In MFIS, I think they were going for her character as the geeky, unattractive and even a bit masculine one while her sisters were supposed to be the prettier ones. That image sort of started to change when her relationship with LJ started to develop, esp when she got rid of her glasses. In BTIMFL, I think it was the same with her friends. She's sort of supposed to be the neutral looking one. While the other two were supposed to be prettier and sexier. Something like that. I think also in D-Day someone teases her looks? Maybe ML as well, I can't remember.

Honestly, and I hope no one flames me for this, but when I first watched SM, I thought she was just "ok" as well. I'm sure others here have known her since her early days, but my first encounter with her was in BTIMFL. Even if I thought her looks were just okay, I instantly fell in love with her and BTIMFL became an instant favorite. I even watched it twice back to back.. like right after last episode I rewatched it again. After that, I couldn't get enough of her and watched more of her shows right after.

I won't name names, but I know there are some celebrities that just simply exude beauty, be it male or female. SM isn't someone that will stand out because of her beauty, compared to some other celebrities that look like gods and goddesses no mattter what they do. Even in her shows, you can say that a lot of side characters are more "attractive" than her. But maybe that's what makes her so appealing? It makes her and her characters relatable and reachable. Her beauty grows on you and her charm pulls you in.

Hopefully no one misunderstands what I'm trying to say. 😅 

No one is going to misunderstand u...its your opinion...

Well for me I always felt she is beautiful even before I started liking her... Might not that goddess like of beauty or sexy or something but I always find her pure, innocent and inherently beautiful ... There are so many k actresses which are called or ranked as beautiful but I don't like their faces n not at all find them beautiful and it's not because I like JSM or I am being biased... As it is my definition of beauty is not only a beautiful face or figure, I like people who has expressive eyes and this girl has eyes that touches your heart 1st... In MFIS they try to tell that other 2 sisters are prettier and Mi young is an average one but everyone can clearly see  that she is more beautiful...that glasses and those clothes cannot hide her beauty... 

I agree with time she has turned  prettier than before its just because she has lost some weight... Also she lost her baby fat and her face looked thinner... There are people who were claiming that she has done PS... Which she denied and even said that what's wrong if somebody wants to look better it's their choice...

U are right about those scenes etc where she is the ordinary looking one but this is how director producer writer cast there actor they says she is not good looking or ordinary and cast JSM a beautiful girl who simply make people believe that she actually is not pretty...😂😂😂😂

And all credits goes to the woman who performed so well that you too believed that she is not that good looking 😁😁😁😁 

Also I want to mention specially that she was called doppelganger of YEH and BSuzy, they say she even resembles PSH and and when all 3 comes in good and top ranks where does she (JSM) stands??? As a performer she is no less than them even better than them as per look, she stand out...yet she is not beautiful 

It's all because she is not working with those so called A listers and not doing those superfacial cinderella stories... N her choice of different stories which works in entire world gets less ratings in Korea which is a big disappointment.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
24 minutes ago, Sominah said:

Also I want to mention specially that she was called doppelganger of YEH and BSuzy, they say she even resembles PSH and and when all 3 comes in good and top ranks where does she (JSM) stands???

Who's YEH? Yeah, I always see comments saying she looks like Suzy but I never saw it. They look so different for me. I think I've seen some comparing her to PSH too, but not as much as Suzy. 

And my point in the last post wasn't really about my opinion on SM's beauty, but what her characters are "designed" to be (at least in some of those I watched) compared to other characters in the show. 

45 minutes ago, Sominah said:

And all credits goes to the woman who performed so well that you too believed that she is not that good looking

So yeah, hopefully I'm not being misunderstood. I never thought that she isn't good looking, quite the opposite actually. She is my absolute favorite! I'm just referring to how some of her characters are "designed" not to be.

Anyway. This is why I didn't want to bring this up. 😂😂 I feel like I'm being misunderstood even if maybe I'm not. 😆😆 It's hard to put in words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Who's YEH? Yeah, I always see comments saying she looks like Suzy but I never saw it. They look so different for me. I think I've seen some comparing her to PSH too, but not as much as Suzy. 

And my point in the last post wasn't really about my opinion on SM's beauty, but what her characters are "designed" to be (at least in some of those I watched) compared to other characters in the show. 

So yeah, hopefully I'm not being misunderstood. I never thought that she isn't good looking, quite the opposite actually. She is my absolute favorite! I'm just referring to how some of her characters are "designed" not to be.

Anyway. This is why I didn't want to bring this up. 😂😂 I feel like I'm being misunderstood even if maybe I'm not. 😆😆 It's hard to put in words.

You are not at all misunderstood... I said I agreed to your point... They design the character of an ordinary girl and cast JSM for that 😊😊😊😊

YEH is Yoon Eun Hye girl from Coffee Prince...when JSM started her career She was already a big star, she has done princess hours which was big hit and she played school girl there so Somin was highly compared with her... Few thinks they look alike and even sound similar...but I haven't noticed her in that detail... I don't think somin n PSH have any similarities... But I think suzy n somin has some similarity...

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Do I have to confess ? 😅

When I first knew So min, every time I was seeing a picture of Suzy, I thought it was So min 😅 sorry 🙈 mostly with old pictures. 

But of course I quickly made the difference

Here the amazing cast of Wolf hunt, can't wait

IMG-20210601-145906.jpg

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Awesome 1

I remembered when I was watching bts of

mfis, the eldest sister (huhu forgot the name) yoori said that mi young character supposedly not good looking and it was hard for them to make so min not attractive so they have to bare her face. Anyway, I already like so min back PK but not as superfan as of now LOL for me, PK was some of my few fav kdrama back in old days with iconic Ost. Back to SM, just like Warm Paws said..I thought she’s just OK (even YEH in Princess Hour was OK pretty the same with SM maybe cause their character were supposedly low key pretty) Back to SM, for me SM’s beauty is like onion hahahha the more you see her the more youll find her attractive plus her personality is kinda reserve and quite shy (correct me if I’m wrong lol also but I think she’s a bit awkward meeting with parents in LF just like Seo Jin) and it will took long time to know her true nature which is her true asset lol)  (LJ even said it took 30 ep for him to know SM well.)

Edited by kkrym
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, SsomGem said:

Do I have to confess ? 😅

When I first knew So min, every time I was seeing a picture of Suzy, I thought it was So min 😅 sorry 🙈 mostly with old pictures. 

But of course I quickly made the difference

Here the amazing cast of Wolf hunt, can't wait

IMG-20210601-145906.jpg

Yes both have some similarities... Suzy was idol before, she has great number of fan following and got bigger products But she never can touch JSM as a performer😌😏😏😏😏 I like the onion example of @kkrym totally agree that the more you see the more she looked attractive.. You are right she is kind of reserve person, she told this in one of her vlog in Q&A that she can stay quiet for hours & like to stay in the corner instead of being center of the attraction... 

I liked her always as I always find her a good performer a better actor, I liked her ease in every character she played... But after MFIS i respected her more as a performer also I find her very beautiful... I told you guys before that I never find other two were beautiful than her even with those glasses, pigmintation under her eyes and those boyish look she looked cuter... @kkrymI would love to watch that bts, u r telling about... Plz share the link if u can. 😊😊😊😊😊

@SsomGem m hoping Wolf Hunt to give somin a good exposer, want to see her in totally different Avatar...i think the shooting  is going to start by August but Yes can't wait... 😳😳😳😳

Meanwhile counting days for Monthly House🙃🙃🙃🙃

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

It's too bad that MFIS has so much episodes 😭😭 maybe I will try to watch while waiting for Monthly House. Because I miss her, I miss her vlogs... I wonder when they will start to promote MH together, because they started a little but apart. I want to see Somin and Kim ji seok doing promotion together 🤗

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
10 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

It's too bad that MFIS has so much episodes 😭😭 maybe I will try to watch while waiting for Monthly House. Because I miss her, I miss her vlogs... I wonder when they will start to promote MH together, because they started a little but apart. I want to see Somin and Kim ji seok doing promotion together 🤗

Even if it has more than 50 episodes it's worth the watch

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

It's too bad that MFIS has so much episodes 😭😭 maybe I will try to watch while waiting for Monthly House.

I actually skipped some parts when I watched MFIS. There's one couple that sort of irritated me, especially at the start.... 😆😆 I feel like you can guess which couple. 

But yeah, looking back, I was surprised I was able to finish all episodes. I watched it at the start of the pandemic and I was able to watch maybe 5-6 episodes a day... Maybe even more cause of the free time. 😆😆

For me, she's really the main star of the show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Good afternoon beautiful girls, I had not commented before, why I could not enter the forum, as you all know I am a SoMin fan for a long time, I admired her for the great woman she is How innocent, beautiful, and great Person she has proven to be. 

AIn the other forum I could never upload a photo, I hope that now I can do it since I do not know much about technology, and another please be patient because I do not know much English and if you have any questions Can you write it to me.

I will comment on this drama, "the smile that is gone from your eyes" is one of my favorites if not my favorite, love this suspense drama, romance, it is unique in its kind .

I know that many do not like the happy ending, however for me it was fine as it ended, many times there are no happy endings, you see what happened with SG and SM hahaha

One of the wonders of SM that attracts a lot of chemistry from its co-stars, and that is a point in its favor, with SeoInGuk it was not the disappointment I saw this plot as if it were Romeo and Juliet, the first time I saw it, I was sad about the end and the second time I understood the psychology of the characters more and was more satisfied with the end, The third time, I fully understood the psychology of the main characters, that of my beloved SM and SIG It has strong situations, a more mature environment, I loved how the main couple grew to a more serious, mature, real relationship. Where if one wanted to see the other they would just see each other Regardless of the time or the circumstances, they sought both emotional and material growth as a couple, to see how they wanted to get ahead, be happy, etc. I think I have already exceeded the Post, let me know if I follow you or not? Have a nice afternoon girls 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1