19 minutes ago, im0202 said:

@abs-oluteM Just currently watching this one and King The Land, but I’m a few eps behind on KTL (think I’m stuck at ep 12 lol). Will try and find time to finish that one while waiting for new eps of Moving!

Oh....you must come to the TKL thread ...ahahaha...but fair warning that there were plenty of plot dissing from us though a few us still finished it. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

I've watched 2 episodes. First 2 episodes are focused on Han Hyo Joo as a mother with a son, Kim Bong Seok who has the ability to levitate (and possibly fly). Not sure what Hyo Joo's power is except good hearing.

The story changes between the past and present showing us the difficulties Hyo Joo went through to raise her son. Every day she feeds her son big meal so he would maintain a weight that he will not float. He also carries extra weights to help him stay on the ground. Bong Seok meets Hui Soo, who appears to have the power of speed. The class monitor is also another special one possessing super strength (I assume) from his fight against a thud classmate. The PE teacher and Principal seem to know their identities.

On the side, a man landed in Seoul and began to assassinate retired superhumans in hiding. He was given a list to kill them all and he has killed 2 so far. The first dead guy is the annoying actor from Happiness so I don't feel too sorry. His power seems to be superstrength. The second victim is Electric Man. It's a miracle the assassin can even walk out alive having being electrocuted so many times. Electric Man has a son, which I suspect might be played by Cha Tae Hyun, who is a bus driver. He seems anxious when he notices the electric surge caused the display on the bus' radio screen. He drives the bus Bong Seok takes to school every day. After Electric Man was found dead, a woman bus driver took over his spot.

Jo In Sung hasn't appeared in the last 3 episodes 😅

I am guessing because that man is on a hunt, the retired superhumans will come out and fight because they have to protect their children.

Edit: Hui Soo's ability is healing.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I'm done with 6 episodes now, and loving it! The relationship/friendship between Bong Seok (Lee Jung Ha) and Hee Soo (Go Youn Jung) is the most adorb! Well, Bong Seok is the cute and adorable one. He's such a sweet boy.

I finally know Han Hyo Joo's character name (Lee Mi Hyun) and her power is super senses. Bong Seok has displayed superhearing in episode 6, so he has inherited both his parents' powers. Jo In Sung still hasn't made an appearance, and it seems he might be dead which is why Mi Hyun had to raise Bong Seok alone. We might only see him when the drama gives us insights of their past.

I was on the edge of my seat at the end of episode 6.

*SPOILER*

Spoiler

... because the assassin's next target is Mi Hyun. The man is literally at her restaurant ordering Donkatsu! Mi Hyun is no fool. She knows there is danger and texted Bong Seok not to come home, but Bong Seok's phone died and he walked in. Mi Hyun was quick to stop him from saying "I am home" by cutting him off with a welcome greeting. The show ended here! Eeeek!

I know she'll survive this because at that exact same time the Korean secret organisation is requesting the US to terminate the assassination.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle Seems like you’ll be joining me on the weekly wait for the new eps soon at the rate you’re going!😆 

I haven’t seen any of the actors playing the highschoolers before, but I think they’re doing quite a good job so far!

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Jo In Sung still hasn't made an appearance

Oh yes on this topic, I was so desperate to see him onscreen that I got overly-excited when only his voice appeared in ep 4/5 when Bong-seok was dreaming😂 

I have same thoughts about his character as you :cry:

Edited by im0202
  • Like 2

@im0202 Ahaha, I am done! I think it might be a good thing to watch 2 episodes per week. I was exhausted after binging (though disappointed it's the last one). It's engaging so it's hard to resist.

The highschoolers - I know the actor and actress playing Bong Seok (Lee Jung Ha) and Hee Soo (Go Youn Jung). Lee Jung Ha, I remember him from Run On. Go Youn Jung you have seen her before. She's in Sweet Home, the one who died together with Lee Jin Wook. The other kid with superhuman strength is the one I don't recall.

Spoiler

I'm so glad Hee Soo's father took care of Frank! But I also feel a little sad for him. He was brought up and forced to become the way he is, and it was quite dirty of the Americans for sending him to kill his own kind. I did wonder would things have changed if he was willing to disobey the order and set himself free.

I suppose the Americans could have inserted something in him to prevent him from escaping, huh?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle Watching Hee Soo’s dad fight Frank was kinda like Deadpool vs Wolverine lite version lol. Always entertaining when it comes to having this particular superpower.

I am so ready for more Jo In Sung in the coming episodes! The Disney+ korea Youtube channel has released quite a few more videos with new scenes showing the parents’ past… can’t wait for them to delve into their backstories! Ryu Seung-ryong’s character seemed like he was the ultimate badass.

• Like 2

E8-9 Preview

Hahaha, finally we will see Jo In Sung @im0202

On 8/13/2023 at 12:46 AM, im0202 said:

@mademoiselle Watching Hee Soo’s dad fight Frank was kinda like Deadpool vs Wolverine lite version lol. Always entertaining when it comes to having this particular superpower.

Oh yeah, so true. I was wondering how do you actually kill them. Off with their heads? Remove their heart? Even breaking the neck doesn't work. Frank was pierced through the throat but I feel if he were able to get out of it; he would heal again. 

• Heart Eyes 3
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was wondering how do you actually kill them. Off with their heads?

I was thinking of this - probably head off should do the trick lol

I’ve just seen the new preview too!! Even from the short teaser, JIS and HHJ already seem to have good chemistry… can’t wait!! 2 more days😍😍😍

• Like 3
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@stroppyse @Tofu Will you guys check this out? I think 7 episodes in, I liked it more than Uncanny now...

Waaaahhh! It looks good, but it's on Disney+ which I don't have a subscription to...   I guess I had better look into this.

The question is @mademoiselle, is this drama good enough to go to the dark side to watch if I can't afford the subscription feeds????

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Waaaahhh! It looks good, but it's on Disney+ which I don't have a subscription to...   I guess I had better look into this.

The question is @mademoiselle, is this drama good enough to go to the dark side to watch if I can't afford the subscription feeds????

Yes. I think this is different to the typical superhero shows we watch growing up. I also like that it has solid ensemble casts and each character or couples get their own stories told (and them with their kids in the present).

Spoiler

Question. Are you shying away from the dark side due to pop up ads? Coz you can use AdBlocker to fix this. Or you want to support copyrighted materials as much as possible? I'm curious because other than NF, I use the dark side all the time too - really can't justify subscribing to so many channels!

18 hours ago, im0202 said:

I’ve just seen the new preview too!! Even from the short teaser, JIS and HHJ already seem to have good chemistry… can’t wait!! 2 more days

Yeah! This is currently my most invested drama right now.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4

@mademoiselle, it's actually some of both. I used to use the DS, and still do for shows that I can't get any other way in my region. In general, though, I think that I should support copyright, even if it possibly benefits broadcasters more than the artists or the producers. Otherwise, they get nothing. It's just that now there are sooo many subscriptions, and I really can't manage them all, especially if I'm going to watch 1 show on that channel anyway.

The ad blockers are not always the most effective either, and I would prefer not to get a potential virus since those are always playing catch up as well.

• Like 3

F3osGGIa4AAuWG4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Moving has some cute scenes; this is one of them 😆

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The ad blockers are not always the most effective either, and I would prefer not to get a potential virus since those are always playing catch up as well.

I use a combination of 3. uBlock Origin is the main with Popup blocker and Grease Monkey. Effective and no issues.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2
54 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I just wanna put this here because I am excited. Jo In Sung and HHJ just look so good together. 

Waaaa the episodes just came out a few hours ago and there’s already edits of them?! The power of JIS/HHJ pairing lol😆😆😆

Eps 8-9 were so heart-fluttering at times I forgot it’s the same drama as the first 7 eps 😂 

Oh how much I’ve missed JIS on the small screen… When 

Spoiler

Kim Dooshik floated while kissing Mihyun it was so cute lol like father like son! 
Seems like Dooshik passed down a lot of his traits to Bongseok.

I’m trying to avoid spoilers about what happened to Dooshik but at the same time I’m super curious about what happened…

Spoiler

Dooshik got arrested at the end of Ep 9, but he must have escaped or been pardoned because there are scenes of him with Mihyun during the birth of his son in the trailer… So his absence from the current timeline must be after that and not due to the North Korea super secret mission in Ep 9? Or it may still be connected… I have so many questions!😂

Edited by im0202
  • Like 3

Episode 8-9

I'm a little confused of the Seagull assignment because of how it was executed. Was the actor who brutally killed all those people killed the right people or he's the double agent who tried to cover his own tracks. He was so brutal, and because Mi Hyun had doubts that I have doubts too. I liked that this tied in with Kim Doo Shik, and he already knew her since.

Another thing I think I understood but want some confirmation from you guys. So Leader Min made Mi Hyun approach Doo Sik is to confirm his doubts about her (he would have learnt from spying that her eyes were fine too) and also held Doo Sik down with her because he has no weakness and falling for Mi Hyun will become the weakness.

There are some loopholes in Mi Hyun's power. Did she perhaps shut it out that she didn't notice the sounds of the recorders? It didn't seem logical she hadn't noticed. And how come the receptionist was so nice in giving her Intel?

@im0202 I am guessing he will be fine. Maybe he did assassinate the North Korean leader but they didn't want the world to know (and the chaos) he was assassinated. As to why Doo Sik didn't appear, we will have to find out. Maybe he was imprisoned. I kind of think they will have a short period of happiness before his death or disappearance.

===

In 2018, they were all retired and in hiding, so there had to be a political big event whereby the government decided to retire these ANKP agents.

• Insightful 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So Leader Min made Mi Hyun approach Doo Sik is to confirm his doubts about her (he would have learnt from spying that her eyes were fine too) and also held Doo Sik down with her because he has no weakness and falling for Mi Hyun will become the weakness.

Yup from what I understand, from the failed Seagull mission, Min already had his suspicions, so he orchestrated the whole ‘get close to Doosik’ mission for Mihyun in hopes that they will really fall for each other, so as to ensure that Doosik will be tied down and not go rogue and disappear after the North Korea mission. His plan came to fruition in the end because Doosik really did come back to Mihyun despite knowing that he would be arrested on sight.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did she perhaps shut it out that she didn't notice the sounds of the recorders? It didn't seem logical she hadn't noticed.

I think she can ‘shut off’ her super hearing and sight unless she really focuses. Otherwise can you imagine all the sounds she will have to deal with daily? She wouldn’t be able to operate in her daily life!😂 It’s kinda like Superman and Daredevil where they can ‘activate’ their super hearing when they want to.

• Like 2
On 8/10/2023 at 7:31 AM, mademoiselle said:

Jo In Sung hasn't appeared in the last 3 episodes 😅

I was like where is this guy. I am dying to see him. He is one of my favorite actors ( Jo In Sung).  

• Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

2 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I was like where is this guy. I am dying to see him. He is one of my favorite actors ( Jo In Sung).  

Hahaha me too though when the drama started off with the kids’ stories first I kinda expected we would not see JIS for awhile. My husband found it so amusing I was so thirsty for JIS’s appearance as we were watching all the episodes together. I was joking like “I liked him before I even met you”😂

The wait was so worth it though!!

• Haha 3

I am off to continue epsiode 3 of Moving .  The kiddies are so cute but the kid with the glasses has so much pent up anger, he needs to find a way to release it. 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

aWow Episode 3  was amazing .  Kim Bong-Seok  and Jang Huisoo are just adorable. I am glad they are getting to know each other. Their scenes together are just so cute

KBS is such a loney kind and his childhood was so lonely when all he wanted was friends. His mom just cracks me up and she loves her son so much.  She has struggled alot jst to protect her kid

JHS seems to be lonely too. I am glad she isn't the typical girl , who is pretty and a jock. She is willing to accept him no matter what and now she knows his secret. 

LMH knows her son told JHS about his abilities and is more at ease knowing that her son isn't lonley anymore. He has a true friend and their secret is safe. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7052ca7afd22326f615

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7052ca7afd22326f615

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a73509fcf15ac44335

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episone 4  

Kim Bong Seok's dad made his appearance. He appeared in his dream shrouded in a bright light.  I just love this character because he is so sweet , cute abd bubbly. 

The ending of episode 4 was intense and i am like woah  woah  

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ox1msfj072k45c9ggi

That was just intense 

PS GIF will be made later 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Binged the first 5 episodes. Very interesting & agree with @UnniSara that the younger pair is adorable. So it looks like the school they are in is like a “safe house “ for these special kids ? 

I never imagined the day I would see HHJ play omma . I laughed so hard when she was trying to eavesdrop on the kids’ conversation. You can see she was so happy BS finally has a friend 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)