A Romance of the Little Forest 两个人的小森林 [2022]

10 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker you can watch the beginning few, then wait for ending. The in between is a bit boring and Bin Bin's character is really old tree that cannot blossom (needs lots more growth hormones). sigh.

ya i did...they were really slow...the lies and the ignorance and not to mention trying to brush things off and take things for granted...

• Clapping Hands 1
18 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker watched E23-25 trailer, our dear girl can be mean when she wants to be, haha. I like how she gave him a pair of chopsticks that were mismatched, and she dirtied it intentionally? :lmao2:  She has turned 'sober' indeed, and spiteful. But he is such a calm and stable personality that he seems to be taking it in stride.

i think he had this orderly issues that things had to be done orderly...he doesnt like to use the mismatched chopsticks and it wasnt dirtied if im not wrong...however when she scope foods for him...she made a mess and he is someone who hate mess!! lols

definitely being spiteful.... his only wrong doing was leaving without a proper farewell? and leaving without telling....so i guess she is angry as she always thought that at the very least she meant something to him however at the end of the day she meant nothing.....

he had been giving out all these signal that MeiRen is his anyway...and its only right that MeiRen is angry after all....

did you guys notice that somehow they like to route about and its always came to the end that both the ML and FL are either ex-classmates / schoolmates that harbor some feeling for one another or just some acquaintance at the very least? i notice that this happen quite a bit in alot of drama especially c-drama

• Like 1

@NiteWalker ah, a bit OCD, I can relate to that, I have a habit of arranging slippers at my front door. haha and when I get stressed, the fork and spoon have to sit properly in the storage container. So I know what that means. 

I dunno if it's in the drama (coz I missed a few eps), or this is from the novel, but the ardent fans of the Prof (Bin Bin) engineered an incident where she he misunderstood her or they had a mis-com, which resulted in them not meeting before he left. Well, I saw this on a YT channel, so I am not sure which is which (ie novel or drama). 

When he went to Europe (?) for his convention or meeting, he told his sifu's wife that he wants to dedicate his life to research. I think up to a point while he was there he still thought that he would lead his life that way. It wasn't until she told him how his sifu courted her with a fortune cookie message and gave him some advice that he had a realisation. Which is why I said he needed more love hormones, oxytocin, actually, as he was still thinking like a bachelor.

As for the classmate/schoolmate/brother's friend's route, I am thinking of YAMG (and the upcoming Hidden Love), where both YY and Reba's characters were schoolmates or classmates? But I am sure it's an overused route/trope. I think this happens in k-drama too, in fact the k-drama trope is to show a short ending scene that they knew each other as children or had an encounter before! Asian dramas like the theme of fate/ destiny...

• Like 1
19 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

As for the classmate/schoolmate/brother's friend's route, I am thinking of YAMG (and the upcoming Hidden Love), where both YY and Reba's characters were schoolmates or classmates? But I am sure it's an overused route/trope. I think this happens in k-drama too, in fact the k-drama trope is to show a short ending scene that they knew each other as children or had an encounter before! Asian dramas like the theme of fate/ destiny...

not only that....they like the thought of human being given a second or something which i do not think happen all the times?

• Like 1

@NiteWalker i saw the trailer for E27 & 28...lol, from a light hearted drama, it suddenly becomes so serious. (Esther attempts to speak in Cantonese which is quite hilarious. ) These two go undercover looking for people who trade illegally in wildlife (must be her bird thingie lah). Bin Bin looks so funny with his unkempt appearance and wearing an appalling looking yellow shirt. And even in that moment where they are in the face of danger (a bunch of thugs), he has to tell her he owes her his confession that he likes her. Me thinking - friend, in that place, at that time, you sure you wanna say that ? :lmao2:

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker i saw the trailer for E27 & 28...lol, from a light hearted drama, it suddenly becomes so serious. (Esther attempts to speak in Cantonese which is quite hilarious. ) These two go undercover looking for people who trade illegally in wildlife (must be her bird thingie lah). Bin Bin looks so funny with his unkempt appearance and wearing an appalling looking yellow shirt. And even in that moment where they are in the face of danger (a bunch of thugs), he has to tell her he owes her his confession that he likes her. Me thinking - friend, in that place, at that time, you sure you wanna say that ? :lmao2:

he had been well known to pick the wrong place the say the wrong thing....if not he wouldnt had pick the times when Esther was almost koink out to tell her that he is leaving for work right? 

lols i saw that...while esther look every inch the rich lady.....BinBin look like some thug in that unkempt appearance as you called it :laugh:

• Haha 1

@NiteWalker I saw the shirt, it appeared towards the end of tonite's episode. It looks like those designer shirt from some French / Italian designer brand, yellow and black. But it really doesn't look good on him - thug is the right word indeed (with a few days' worth of unshaved facial hair). If she brought her own clothes on set, then his? Don't tell me that is his shirt????

I saw a trailer, after this, he ends up in hospital, arm in a sling. And she feels bad, takes care of him, must have fought with the real thugs; eh, he can fight ah in this drama? There's this scene where she leaves his bedside and he does the typical hand-grabbing scene. This will probably be Ep 29-30. They have changed their schedule, it doesn't match the calendar, at least not the one I saw online. Tonight supposed to be 23-24 but I have seen 25-26 already.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalker I saw the shirt, it appeared towards the end of tonite's episode. It looks like those designer shirt from some French / Italian designer brand, yellow and black. But it really doesn't look good on him - thug is the right word indeed (with a few days' worth of unshaved facial hair). If she brought her own clothes on set, then his? Don't tell me that is his shirt????

hard to tell...sometimes they do allow artist to represent some brands as a way to promote their brands too.....it might be a give which is why he wore it....esther is rich enough to have her own wardrobe without the set preparing it for her, not to mention she is pretty good in her fashion as far as i can see....

Tonight supposed to be 23-24 but I have seen 25-26 already.

i think they change some of the schedule....

• Like 1

Why the censorship in episodes 20? Am finally on episode 20.  Well to be honest I just jumped the episodes about botany research.  That talk was boring. I knew I was missing something in this episode.  Now seeing the clip it makes sense.  He left her high and dry. … but am thinking why not send an email? Letter?  She blocked him on social  media  I get it. But hello! There are other ways to communicate!  Just needed to rant that.   

@NiteWalker @IpohBanana @Tofu

That black yellow shirt is Versace most likely :PsyWhat: Top it off with that thick gold chain on his neck, it made BB looks like the 90s triad member in HongKong....:GengarCool: I read many complains from Esther's fandom that Youku chopped off many of their sexy scenes....:PsyWhat:  In CLJ, DD was the active one while in Little Forest she was the one hence in conservative Chinese society it hard to swallow so Youku sharpen it's chopping cleaver....:PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 3